edited November 2011
    Yeah!
    Poor cacti! D:<

They'll sting back, watch out.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lol.

I'm downloading the official pwi client at the moment so I can mess around on Seekers and figure them out. Been wanting to play one anyway. Since I'm starting all over again I figured I'd choose a new server. Which one do you guys recommend?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Lost City!!!!

lol I started a seeker too xD a little while ago. She only be level like, 28 I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Lies, Sanctuary is where the cool kids are at :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Come to Sanctuary, we'll be friendly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Dreamweaver, even during the SP fiasco people got silverfrost and quests done with relative ease, obviously that's in comparison to other servers. It's just a laid back, friendly server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Pfft, go figure you'd all say your own servers. xD
    Give me some reasons people, like which one has a less screwed economy? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Pfft, go figure you'd all say your own servers. xD
    Give me some reasons people, like which one has a less screwed economy? :D

Go with one of the newer servers, like RT or Archo. They're all pretty much universally screwed by now, but my inner logic suggests the newer ones would be "less screwed." If you're just goofing off to experiment, you should have plenty of empty space that way.

Of course, if you actually want to play an EG up to their top levels, it might be wiser to stick with HT and sponge funds/gear off your existing characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
    edited November 2011
    Reasons to pick Dreamweaver:

1) Polite and Friendly. They had the least amount of reported problems of harassment in the forum thread about it when compared to other servers. I was only PKed a couple of times in SP when I went to help others/get my sin her SilverFrost culti done and at no point was I repeatedly harassed. Granted, I didn't go in there very much and some people who played at busier times than I did weren't nearly as lucky including a few of my friends but that lends it to self that it's more like there is a couple of rude players versus a server wide problem.

2) Fair economy. It's not the server with the best economy, but it's not the server with the worst either.

3) In world chat, you can find squads. And sometimes you can find squads that offer free wine/random drops in world chat for the various BHs, especially preBH100. Seekers can sometimes get free mobs and heads in fc, as well as clerics.

Cons to Dreamweaver:

1) Won't be long until one faction takes the whole DW map.

2) Starting areas aren't heavily populated. But that's true of all the servers I think.

3) It's a PvE server, and judging by your siggy a PvP server may be more right for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Lost city because open PvP rocks :D well more so at higher levels xD but I do like the constant feeling of having to stay alert and on your toes. Not to mention you would definitely get an idea of how different classes do pvp and which classes are more likely to be pvp noobs and cowards and which ones are more likely to go after the pkers. I dunno, to me a pvp server seems a bit more... real...

aside from that you can kill someone for simply looking at you the wrong way xD Also how different guilds establish different rules despite having the freedom to just kill whoever, and how random pk wars just break out between rival factions. The economy sucks but hell, >_> I don't know that I"d worry about it. To me, a pvp server is pretty much like... anarchy... no real rules but people somehow still organize themselves.

Never really played a pve server so I'm not sure how you guys do all that stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Reasons to pick Dreamweaver:

1) Polite and Friendly. They had the least amount of reported problems of harassment in the forum thread about it when compared to other servers. I was only PKed a couple of times in SP when I went to help others/get my sin her SilverFrost culti done and at no point was I repeatedly harassed. Granted, I didn't go in there very much and some people who played at busier times than I did weren't nearly as lucky including a few of my friends but that lends it to self that it's more like there is a couple of rude players versus a server wide problem.

I am amused that I was the one who came on the server and warned players against doing it, and that it never caught back on after I did that.b:chuckle
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I am amused that I was the one who came on the server and warned players against doing it, and that it never caught back on after I did that.b:chuckle

It's cause your a gm, obvi. /sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Eh, well while I'm not torn up on the whole PvE/ PvP server thing (I like both, PvE' server's PvP mode is no different to PvP on open PvP servers, none is more 'real' than the other really). I went through the forum for guilds in those servers and well, Lost City was a bit wtfness. It honestly looks like an entire server of KOS whiners. D:

I don't really plan on getting too high anyway which would just make me pk fodder so I'm thinking either Dreamweaver or Sanctuary now. :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    It's cause your a gm, obvi. /sarcasm

I mean, with all the people that come here thinking I'm a GM, I might as well be given the red avatar and name and have it over with.b:chuckle
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Eh, the better guilds on the server don't broadcast their KOS lists. lol not gonna lie though, we all have them xD But yeah... I've never actually gone to the forums here for Lost City, I just play the server >_> and in a pve server don't you have to be flagged for pvp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Eh, the better guilds on the server don't broadcast their KOS lists. lol not gonna lie though, we all have them xD But yeah... I've never actually gone to the forums here for Lost City, I just play the server >_> and in a pve server don't you have to be flagged for pvp?

Yup. You have to choose to enter PK mode, which is why I don't understand the high-level players complaining when they get PKed.b:embarrass
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Yup. You have to choose to enter PK mode, which is why I don't understand the high-level players complaining when they get PKed.b:embarrass

LOL. I used to be in one of the top PVP factions on HT and it never failed to entertain me when people who voluntarily choose to enter pk mode would whinge about it. Then of course back in the day, people had, er, invented ...other ways to kill er, non PK mode players. Not entirely illegal ways but lets say they were on shaky grounds.

b:avoid

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    LOL. I used to be in one of the top PVP factions on HT and it never failed to entertain me when people who voluntarily choose to enter pk mode would whinge about it. Then of course back in the day, people had, er, invented ...other ways to kill er, non PK mode players. Not entirely illegal ways but lets say they were on shaky grounds.

b:avoid

That intrigues me...

The only real way I know of is very illegal... mind PMing me the ways they "invented"?b:chuckle
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Isn't the 'easiest' way to kill nasty ignorant blue named people to lure World Bosses or other AoE bosses to them...? >:D

On a side note... join us! Sanctuary's the place to be... :3
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Gues it's my time to apply for a role in the comic b:cute

Name: waterfal
    Class: venomancer
    Special: ferrari fox :o

Waterfal is a bit of a tomboy, she isn't carefull with her damage output and always runs in head first at battles, to then run out again with enemies following her. Luckily she's an extremely good runner. (10.6m/s ingame :ob:avoid)
    Even though waterfal is pretty reckless she won't hurt her allies/friends on purpose. She doesn't mind being the enemybait.

She loves to be sarcastic about practically anything and doesn't like to make a fuzz about things. Life has to be lived to the fullest and small matters aren't important. The fact that she doesn't like rules and just plainly ignores them reflects that.
    There are ofcourse exceptions to that, which is that she will listen to people she respects(who are most likely in a leader-position) though she will sulk about it and bend the rules a lot.

Waterfal always carries around a folding fan(item from WQ x'D) which she slaps people that are being rude to her with.

Here are sceenies of fal and the weapon P:
    (ninja silvy ._. ohaithere)

*looks at own wall-o-text* riiiiight.... xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
    edited November 2011
    So...I was telling my friend about this, and how my veno always her tabby plumdrop with her and it's really her only friend and she's kinda obsessed with cats. To which she replied, I can just see her sitting on some chair and laughing manically with her cat, and petting it like a bond villain while everyone just stares at her for being so over the top. XD I thought that could work in somehow, like when the venomafia is talking.

Also since Silvy's a wolf veno, and kinda calm and quiet and this kind of personality:
    Nevertheless Silvy's a complex character with general flaws and psychological problems.
    Driven by a competitive mind she can only accept others who are more skilled than her if she talks things down, being completely negative and pessimistic with a really sarcastic and ironic way of thinking and speaking.

Whereas my veno enjoys messing with others, isn't quiet and is kinda over the top with cutesy speech patterns and such and enjoys embarassing people, even her team mates. She also is obsessed with cats, so she probably won't get along with a wolf veno that well. So I was thinking they could have a like Jim and Dwight kind of relationship from the office. (Tim and Gareth for all those UK Office fans) IN that they probably wouldn't like each other very much, Cheethara might subject Silvy to pranks, until she learns it's dangerous to her health. But if they were ever able to team up, the fact that they are both fiercely loyal and not at all stupid would actually make them a pretty scary good team. Even if they would argue a lot.

Silvy could call Cheethara's cat a "furball" or "Lunch" if she wanted, and Cheethara could call her a dog or something. IDK just a random though I had. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Venus, for some reason after you said that post... all I can think of is Synsae using Gush on Cheethara alot (like a spray bottle) and saying "Bad Kitty" or something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Venus, for some reason after you said that post... all I can think of is Synsae using Gush on Cheethara alot (like a spray bottle) and saying "Bad Kitty" or something

Hehe, she's afraid of water too, so it would work. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I do not have any objections regarding this, Venus, that is if Reikara is alright with it as well. b:chuckle

One thing I'd like to mention nevertheless would be that Silvy is unlikely to call people any names; as she rarely addresses people directly to be honest. It has something to do with the 'over-use' or 'wearing' of names if overly used. She'd be most likely to make scornful faces while talking to Cheethara or using 'you' in a very impolite manner (with a bitter tone undermined). Or even look away while talking to her.
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    I do not have any objections regarding this, Venus, that is if Reikara is alright with it as well. b:chuckle

One thing I'd like to mention nevertheless would be that Silvy is unlikely to call people any names; as she rarely addresses people directly to be honest. It has something to do with the 'over-use' or 'wearing' of names if overly used. She'd be most likely to make scornful faces while talking to Cheethara or using 'you' in a very impolite manner (with a bitter tone undermined). Or even look away while talking to her.

Hmm... that sort of thing is typical to the "cool" crowd... there something you aren't telling us, Silveh?b:chuckle
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    So had this idea

it's more of an idea to further Synsae's character though...

so...

Team 1 is showing off their gear and Synsae is showing off her rings when one of the team members notices one ring on her finger as asks what it is....

Synsae just responds, "Oh, that's just my wedding ring"
    and the group just gives off a surprised look like they weren't expecting it...

and then have it be a mystery on who she is married too so that there can be rumors about who she is married too

and, ok, explaining that played out much better in my head than how I wrote it down, sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I might as well add some stuff from my main post on page 8 .. if thats ok.
    Esnemyl was really close to this guy who got killed, it was only the day before she admitted she liked him (they grew up together, she'd visit him in etherblade-he was a human- as their fathers both faught in the wraith wars). If she gets close to a guy (I wouldn't mind a love story for my poor little archer, bless), she's scared of love because of watching her crush getting killed.
    In her memory, she always wears his steel ring, kind of like this on her right ring finger.
    She become's very awkward if a boy admits she likes her, because of her photographic memory, she sees him getting killed over and over again if this happens (a lot of mental scars :( ). So it could be a small tale where she learns to finally let go.

ALso, if you don't mind adding to her, could you give her a headwing thats slightly broken, so it looks like she's battle scarred maybe :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I might as well add some stuff from my main post on page 8 .. if thats ok.
    Esnemyl was really close to this guy who got killed, it was only the day before she admitted she liked him (they grew up together, she'd visit him in etherblade-he was a human- as their fathers both faught in the wraith wars). If she gets close to a guy (I wouldn't mind a love story for my poor little archer, bless), she's scared of love because of watching her crush getting killed.
    In her memory, she always wears his steel ring, kind of like this on her right ring finger.
    She become's very awkward if a boy admits she likes her, because of her photographic memory, she sees him getting killed over and over again if this happens (a lot of mental scars :( ). So it could be a small tale where she learns to finally let go.

ALso, if you don't mind adding to her, could you give her a headwing thats slightly broken, so it looks like she's battle scarred maybe :)

...aww! cry.gif
    *big fluffy tiger huggle*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    cry.gif

You need to upload that with a forum-colored background, Keph. Then it won't look so weird.b:chuckle

And gimmeh! b:cry
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Just thought of this scenerio, although it's a bit cliche:

What if there was a moment in the comic when the characters switch bodies.... just thinking of how each character acts as they get used to using skills of another class is making me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]