Venomafia Comic - Apply For A Role?

Options
Reikara - Heavens Tear
Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
edited May 2012 in The Fanatics Forum
Yeah it was this one from ages ago:
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5226562

Which never got done. Kyna nudged me a couple times and I guess I still feel really guilty it never got done. It was kind of sad because I had it all planned out and stuff but RL got chaotic from homelessness and stuff. My living conditions are a bit more stable now however I'm not rushing into this project either. I want to get as much of a professional level out of it to the best of my ability which will take a bit since I can't exactly just draw anything I want straight off the bat. It'll require a lot of referencing and research.

Another well known artist with crazy mad colouring skills has said she may colour it also, which would be like the icing on the cake. It's still in it's very early stages since I lost the entire dialogue and plot I had written down a long with a lot of the screenshots not just of the characters who volunteered to be in it but also a lot of the screenshots I took of Archo where the comic was located.

In any case most of the original cast are no longer active on here and the intent was to have them able to see the finished product, so they could relate to and enjoy their character's misadventures. Also since this is a short comic (my first ever comic, I'm no pro) the amount of characters I can have within the story are limited. I'm in a bit of a sticky situation, the personalities I worked into the plot are solid at this point however I did want to make some of the older characters redundant due to no longer being active, so I wanted to ask people if they wanted to apply for a role however this will cause me to be super picky in who will and won't fit pre existing "molds".

Most of all I wanted to really encourage more males to apply since it's an overly female dominated comic. I have about three in it but one is simply taking the place of an older one, reducing it to 2 out of 12 characters. I can't reveal too much of the plot line one, because I haven't re-written it yet, two my head is pounding from an obnoxious headache and three because it has a few plot twists.

So you're applying knowing this thing isn't going to be an insta project (and you may not get in) but I may end up coming back and forth to you refining your character's personality as I write the story if you are selected. For further details on the situation see my journal here:
http://spudfuzz.deviantart.com/journal/44807872/

As far as I can say the characters are split up into two different factions; 'good' and 'bad' as a very simplistic view. (Although there's dudettes with attitudes on the good team and kind daft bimbos on the bad)

Right now I don't think I really want to change the bad guys. (Who can only be Venomancers, sorry) but it doesn't mean you can't apply. If I see a character who'd be more useful to the story than the current older one I'll pick it up.

The good guys can be any race, class, gender, though males are heavily encouraged. Currently their team consists of;

Cleric; female
Assassin; male
Venomancer; female
Venomancer; female
Blademaster; female
Blademaster; female
Barbaian; male

It's a bit of a problem for me since I wanted that team to be as diverse as possible. To apply for a role you just need to link me to some screenshots in your chosen appearance. Be it clothes or armour it's fine, just make sure all the screenshots cover you from head to toe in total because I can't guess what your shoes look like from a waist up screenie.

Just include a short and to the point description of your character's personality, likes, dislikes, any strange and unsual habits, talents, fears etc.

Here's the most recent work I've done relating to the comic as a show of what it'll probably look like:
Vixe.jpg

Template application, I need in depth personality descriptions along these lines, along with information regarding battle. How do they feel about fighting? Do they enjoy it? Why do they do it? What's their style? What do they value? What do they dislike? Is there anything they would hold in contempt? etc

Figured I should put in a template of some kind because although the apps are a ll good and background stories do help, a lot of them really lack in more of in depth qualities to relate to the story leaving a lot of questions for me when I try to imagine them in the comic. I especially really need to know flaws and insecurities or fears. "Perfect" characters make really bad and boring stories because everyone knows how the story will end before it begins.

I recall reading somewhere that the Superman comic at one point in it's life was facing death due to the reader's uncanny ability to predict that Superman would just save the day every time and everything would be fine. So what the writer did is create his fatal flaw, Kryptonite, thus saving the comic and boosting the number of fans.

Since it's a short comic it won't really focus so much on the character's histories, however the histories will simply determine how they behave in it. So I'll write a template application to give you guys a bit of an idea of what I need from you.

Azariz:

Having 3 zodiac signs all the equivalents of the Gemini twins, Azariz really lives up to the walking paradoxical nature they depict. Her moods can change from one polar opposite to the other within a split second. Whilst keeping an outwardly tomboyish and aggressive/ assertive attitude on the outside, this hides the real Azariz on the inside who is still the shy and passive person she used to be.

Due to constant bullying in her youth she constructed her 'shell', or what she called 'iron wall' personality. Unbeknownst to her however, it eventually developed a conscience of it's own causing two separate beings to exist inside of her. Her iron wall is cold and uncaring, a sociopath by any means and seeks to destroy everything around her. However this isn't to be confused with a mental illness, they are two separate beings entirely. When the iron wall was still developing, it's influence was subtle, enough so that it'd latch on to any strong negative emotions and create a feedback loop of that energy, which would grow stronger until it had enough to become the dominant consciousness.

This caused a few regrettable possessions in the past and the loss of innocent life. Azariz since learnt to control it and stay the dominant one, yet still being able to tap into it's energy and emotional wellspring during battle, giving her the killer edge she otherwise doesn't have. She prefers her twin swords as her weapons of choice for a few reasons. One in that they're unique and a little unheard of, even if it's just small, that psychological edge over her enemies' inability to expect or know how to deal with twin swords helps her greatly. Also in that they represent the concepts of yin and yang, something she identifies strongly with due to the other entity inside of her.

She's not a fan of fighting however the other being wouldn't let her (itself) just die, if absolutely necessary she'd engage an enemy if she wasn't able to talk herself out of the situation. She highly values self responsibility and holds those who simply give their lives and free will away to perceived higher beings in disdain. She values her freedom above anything else and would die before submitting to be anyone's slave. A life without freedom is no life at all. Azariz believes that if you want something, you need to work hard to achieve it, no amount of wishing or begging will get it for you, thus making her very dedicated to self improvement. She will consider those who don't help themselves to be weak and pathetic, and not worth her time.

This may be a little hypocritical, especially when it comes to her love life. If there happens to be someone who catches her eye, it's because they share those same core beliefs, however she prefers to admire from afar, being far too shy to approach them about it. In fact she may even resort to hiding when they're near by, and unable to articulate anything properly should they speak to her.

So I really need something that also focuses on the here and now, since that's where the comic takes place. This kind of detail helps me understand how they would interact and such. I especially need some information on how they feel and think about battle, since those wi;ll be strong points in the comic. What's their style, why they fight, who they fight for, what they value etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Reikara - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This looks like an interesting idea, may as well submit a character =P

He's a male Cleric.

Personality: Coolheaded and analytical, when in the heat of battle not a single move is wasted. Very distant, though once you earn his trust he's extremely loyal. Has a strong sense of justice and is very strong-willed, if something goes against what he believes he'll fight against it. He's also got a knack for sarcasm.

Likes: He enjoys the night time, especially during a full moon. Flying is a favorite activity, and even though he's a Cleric he prefers doing things alone.

Dislikes: He absolutely can not stand people that seem stupid and people that try to play mind games. He hates being taunted and really dislikes days that are too hot or too cold.

He tends to have odd sleeping habits for reasons he'd rather not explain. He's also got a soft spot for Venomancers.

Screenshots:

Front
    Right
    Left
    Back
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'll gather some screenshots for the Barbarian application. I'm interested to see how this turns out. b:victory

Personality: Confident, helpful, leader, but also funny
    Dislikes: People who put others down, crowds
    Habits: Sitting in high places in Archo to avoid the hustle and bustle (and lag)
    Talents: Can shift form depending on the situation
    Fears: A day with no clerics...b:shocked
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    th_2011-10-0813-05-00.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-0813-05-13.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-0813-05-25.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-0813-05-36.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-0813-05-50.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-0813-06-27.jpg

Name: Altheon (Seeker)
    Personality: He's pretty gruff to those he doesn't know and is definitely more of a shoot now, ask questions later kind of person. He's charming though and fiercely protective of his friends. He's a lady's man, who is actually secretly pretty goofy. He enjoys flirting but would be reluctant to actually start a relationship with anyone, as he feels a loyalty to his deceased wife and children even though they were only alive during his previous incarnation. Like all Earthguard, he has awakened to defend the Earth but in his past life he was just a simple fisherman and farmer with a wife and two children. He's far too rash and quick to leap into things, sometimes causing comical mishaps. His favorite place is the battlefield, and honor and prowess on the battlefield are some of the things he values most highly. He is amongst some of the most skilled warriors in the world. He also highly values family, friendship, and religion. He's also a bit sarcastic, and will say things like, "Yeah, and I'm Thrahn" if he hears something he thinks is stupid, even if he isn't the brightest crayon in the box himself. When excited about something he tends to be vocal of it, often shouting Huzzah! if he's happy or "Thrahn blasted such and such" if he's mad about it. He's also a very adept dancer. He's also hard to embarass because he has no shame. His confidence and ability to commit 100% to anything he's doing even if it's something others might find embarrassing, often wins him admirers. Though he doesn't pay them as much attention as he should as like I said, he's distrusting of new people. Especially if those new people are not Earthguards.

He was originally created for a short story I was writing as Lairan gave me random word prompts, though I forgot all about it and never finished it. So if you want a good idea, you can check there. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1107401 Not that anyone besides Lai was reading it anyway, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    th_2011-10-0813-05-00.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-0813-05-13.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-0813-05-25.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-0813-05-36.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-0813-05-50.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-0813-06-27.jpg

Name: Altheon
    Personality: He's pretty gruff to those he doesn't know and is definitely more of a shoot now, ask questions later kind of person. He's charming though and fiercely protective of his friends. He's a lady's man, who is actually secretly pretty goofy. He enjoys flirting but would be reluctant to actually start a relationship with anyone, as he feels a loyalty to his deceased wife and children even though they were only alive during his previous incarnation. Like all Earthguard, he has awakened to defend the Earth but in his past life he was just a simple fisherman and farmer with a wife and two children. He's far too rash and quick to leap into things, sometimes causing comical mishaps. His favorite place is the battlefield, and honor and prowess on the battlefield are some of the things he values most highly. He is amongst some of the most skilled warriors in the world. He also highly values family, friendship, and religion. He's also a bit sarcastic, and will say things like, "Yeah, and I'm Thrahn" if he hears something he thinks is stupid, even if he isn't the brightest crayon in the box himself. When excited about something he tends to be vocal of it, often shouting Huzzah! if he's happy or "Thrahn blasted such and such" if he's mad about it. He's also a very adept dancer. He's also hard to embarass because he has no shame. His confidence and ability to commit 100% to anything he's doing even if it's something others might find embarrassing, often wins him admirers. Though he doesn't pay them as much attention as he should as like I said, he's distrusting of new people. Especially if those new people are not Earthguards.

He was originally created for a short story I was writing as Lairan gave me random word prompts, though I forgot all about it and never finished it. So if you want a good idea, you can check there. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1107401 Not that anyone besides Lai was reading it anyway, lol.

We were supposed to give a backstory?! Dammit! I have a good one too! D:
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    We were supposed to give a backstory?! Dammit! I have a good one too! D:

Haha, it probably would help :P I'm sure you still have time though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Haha, it probably would help :P I'm sure you still have time though.

Or! I can be lazy and hope I get in with what I've already submitted.... I like that plan b:avoid

I may write a bio if I get bored later.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the apps guys. I'm realizing now that especially with the classes, they'll radically change the pre existing story line. Not a problem, just means I need to use my brain and think harder of how things may turn out and what exactly their roles will affect.

Back stories aren't 100% necessary but they can potentially provide me with other material I can work into the story to give me a clearer idea of the personality and how they may react to certain situations. While there's an opportunity for the characters to each develop as the story progresses, that's not the entire focal point of the plot, just a sort of by product of the events. (It's elements of sillyness and stupidity with just a touch of srs bzns.)

Another thing I just wanted to add, is that in an effort to make it a little more real, the comic deviated away from any sense of "levels". What really determined someone's abilities were their skills based on intelligence, strength, willpower, determination etc. So there's no level requirements to be in any team or anything. Also I was tired when I was writing the OP and Venus's screenies reminded me of it. Can you also please include a screenie or two of your weapon (you will be fighting) and also a close up of your character's face.

Zanryu, you might need to take newer screenies that are bigger in size and have your character a bit closer up. They're a bit too small to see the finer details. xD

Also I wanted to add if people could include how the characters go about their jobs in battle. As in say a barbarian may be over protective of his team mates or a blademaster may have a tendancy to rush in like a Leeroy Jenkins disregarding any plans and safety of others etc. (Zanryu, I'd need that info from you :P)

What I am really not looking for is any Venomancers applying for the good team. There were two older ones but seeing as the "Bad guys" are made up of them entirely It was better to have no more than one veno on the good guy's side. I'd only accept one application to fill the existing role of one of the Venomancers so long as the personality and traits fitted the "mold" for that older character already.

Also if you have any favourite skills you love and want to see in the comic, feel free to screenie them and I'll try and find a way to work them in. I'm not exactly familiar with skills from a lot of the classes, especially not the recent Earthguards and Tideborns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    some questions about this:

1)what are the roles that has already been filled?

2)you said any class can apply for the good team. EG and tideborns can app too right? idk you mostly stated clerics/veno/barb on your first post

3) how many roles are left to app for?

4) how long will you be taking app? cos i cant get in the game till like monday to take some pics =.='

5) can you app more than 1 char? b:surrender not sounding to be greedy but i was going to app a barb/mystic or cleric ._.'

6) if someone wanted to app a veno/mystic do u want screenies of their pet/summons/plants too?

more questions are pooping in my head i better stop =.='

i like your work so far b:cute. nice work b:thanks
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ok I'll write down the current roles and personality molds associated with some of them so people can get of an idea of some of the things I'm looking for. However the were one or two characters that didn't end up providing much in the way of a personality or skills for the story which will be replaced by new ones entirely.

Bad Team (Venomafia):
    Vixe: Team leader, mad scientist.
    Miss Ebil: Silent, ulterior motive, mature
    Serenity Mare: kind, absent minded, pawn
    Andracil: Loyal, evil, sadistic
    Asholetta: Sociopath, power crazed, seductive

All of the above there can be replaced except really for Vixe, despite not being around. (Unless I see an app that'd provide more than the existing character could) You don't have to construct a character to fit those roles exactly because I'm open to new ideas and I'd prefer to have well thought out characters that are distinctly unique. Asholetta and Andracil crossed into each other's territory trait wise and I'd like to have one replaced with a different set of traits that suited their group.

Good guys:
    Kyna: Leader, strong, team focused (BM)
    Kephras: Over protective, mature, kind (Barb)
    Zoe: ?,?,? (Veno)
    Ophida: Kind, shy, lack of confiendence (Veno)
    Yakasha: Antisocial, vandal, attitude (BM)
    WickedSwords: Compassionate, courageous, stupid (BM)
    Lairian: Empathic, witty, brainy (Cleric)

The ones I'm not ready to replace in this group are Kyna, Lairian and Kephras. The Blademasters aren't much of a problem since they all had specialties in different weapons and thus entirely different skill sets, but it'd still be awesome to have a couple different classes anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    some questions about this:

1)what are the roles that has already been filled?

2)you said any class can apply for the good team. EG and tideborns can app too right? idk you mostly stated clerics/veno/barb on your first post

3) how many roles are left to app for?

4) how long will you be taking app? cos i cant get in the game till like monday to take some pics =.='

5) can you app more than 1 char? b:surrender not sounding to be greedy but i was going to app a barb/mystic or cleric ._.'

6) if someone wanted to app a veno/mystic do u want screenies of their pet/summons/plants too?

more questions are pooping in my head i better stop =.='

i like your work so far b:cute. nice work b:thanks

1/2/3:
    I just made a new post explaining the roles to the best of my abilities, it's after yours. Essentially what I'm looking for a strong, well thought out characters that can offer my story interesting skills, traits and etc. I may consider a role that was given to an older character (except for two, Kyna and Kephras) if they can offer more than the current character does. Any class can apply for the "Good team". Only Venomancers can apply for the "bad guys".

At the moment there's 3 definite characters I want to replace (Zoe, WickedSwords, Andracil or Asholetta), and if people offer an interesting enough character there's other positions that may open up, depending on what they can offer the story.

4:
    For a while yet. Until I've got them sorted out enough to start writing the story again, so I'll be looking at a few. I'm not making any rush decisions so you'll have enough time.

5:
    No restrictions on how many you can apply, it's just that I'll most likely end up picking one per player for the comic to be fair.

6:
    I played a Veno myself for ages so I'm very familiar with all the skills and what they look like, however I don't know anything about how Mystics work and what makes them different. Even so you can still just include screenshots of skills / battle pet you'd really like to see.

Here's where it gets a little tricky though. The comic is set back when Phoenixes and Hercules were first introduced and they caused so much controversy. The only characters that have them in the comic, whether or not they actually have them in the game are the members of the "Venomafia". The only pets the "Good" Venomancer can't be seen with is either a hercules or phoenix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ok I'll write down the current roles and personality molds associated with some of them so people can get of an idea of some of the things I'm looking for. However the were one or two characters that didn't end up providing much in the way of a personality or skills for the story which will be replaced by new ones entirely.

Bad Team (Venomafia):
    Vixe: Team leader, mad scientist.
    Miss Ebil: Silent, ulterior motive, mature
    Serenity Mare: kind, absent minded, pawn
    Andracil: Loyal, evil, sadistic
    Asholetta: Sociopath, power crazed, seductive

All of the above there can be replaced except really for Vixe, despite not being around. (Unless I see an app that'd provide more than the existing character could) You don't have to construct a character to fit those roles exactly because I'm open to new ideas and I'd prefer to have well thought out characters that are distinctly unique. Asholetta and Andracil crossed into each other's territory trait wise and I'd like to have one replaced with a different set of traits that suited their group.

Good guys:
    Kyna: Leader, strong, team focused (BM)
    Kephras: Over protective, mature, kind (Barb)
    Zoe: ?,?,? (Veno)
    Ophida: Kind, shy, lack of confiendence (Veno)
    Yakasha: Antisocial, vandal, attitude (BM)
    WickedSwords: Compassionate, courageous, stupid (BM)
    Lairian: Empathic, witty, brainy (Cleric)

The ones I'm not ready to replace in this group are Kyna, Lairian and Kephras. The Blademasters aren't much of a problem since they all had specialties in different weapons and thus entirely different skill sets.

Yay, I'm not being replaced! I feel all warm and fuzzy now.
    'Course, could just be the fur...

Rika told me you were starting this up again, so of course I had to come poke my nose in and have a look. Your artz have improved!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options

Yay, I'm not being replaced! I feel all warm and fuzzy now.
    'Course, could just be the fur...

Rika told me you were starting this up again, so of course I had to come poke my nose in and have a look. Your artz have improved!

Yay you're back!

Yeah your character was really solid in the story, I find it hard to want to change it. Especially with the custom armour too. xD

Though speaking of the armour, I had an old sketch in my gallery of it from waist up but I lost all the screenies I had of it. Think you still have the links to those anyway for better reference?And was there anything you might want to update about the character while you're here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yay you're back!

Yeah your character was really solid in the story, I find it hard to want to change it. Especially with the custom armour too. xD

Though speaking of the armour, I had an old sketch in my gallery of it from waist up but I lost all the screenies I had of it. Think you still have the links to those anyway for better reference?And was there anything you might want to update about the character while you're here?

Well, for the armor, it is thus: TT80 "Templar".
    As far as Keph's personality goes? Nothing's really changed, he's exactly the same cautious, protective, tough-as-nails fuzzball he was back when I first offered him up for your use. Though in keeping with the venomafia thing, it's worth noting that he's always been viciously jealous of a herc's ability to tank, as he "refuses to be replaced by a jaundiced marshmallow." A continual rivalry between him and the mafia's pet meat-shield is practically a given. (Well, more like arch-nemesis thing, but you catch my drift). Also, in talking with Rika, he's exactly the sort who'd bear-hug Kyna into submission when she loses her temper.
    "No! Bad Kyna! No murdering friends." b:laugh

EDIT: I seem to have completely forgotten his passive dislike of fish (Tideborns). I wouldn't call it active hate, but I can see the occasional tartar-sauce / lemon-wedge jibe here and there...

PS: if you have MSN, you can usually find me idling - kieve_krs@hotmail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    He hates waiting around, if his team is just standing around waiting on someone he'll rush in and do it himself. When he needs to heal his attention is always focused on whoever is taking the most damage, but if someone else needs assistance he'll be healing them a second or two later. He's able to spread his healing among his group to ensure everyone is safe. Basically he's not one to hesitate, he makes his battle decisions quickly and executes them regardless of whether his team is ready or not, but he's not foolish either. If he knows he won't be able to handle something he'll tell everyone to hurry and get ready so they can get moving. He prefers using magic swords in combat.

Zanryu always had a gift for magical power, like his father before him. That's why he became a Cleric. His father died fighting the wraiths and he wanted to honor his memory by following in his footsteps. When learning the proper techniques for clericing he realized he had a real knack for the more offensive skills, and though his healing abilities were good he focused on the offensive side of being a Cleric more.

Having strong attack skills and excelling even in healing made Zanryu extremely confident when it came to, well, just about everything. He approaches everything with the knowledge that he'll end up succeeding. He can be a real flirt to pretty girls, but he'd never actually try anything. The loss of his two loves in the past is always on his mind and he doesn't want a third added to that list. (That's also the reason he has a soft spot for venos, the two women he loves were Venomancers.) He's very absent minded when something isn't interesting to him, he often times even dozes off. He has a great appreciation for nature and the beauty found in it, such as good sunset or the pale light of a full moon on a cloudless night. He's extremely sarcastic, about half of what he says is some kind of witty remark. He's not afraid to speak his mind, if he has something to say you can bet he'll say it and not care who it offends.

After reading Kieve's it sounds like they'd be total opposites, aside from the dislike of fish of course o.o

I'm.. not too good at the whole backstory thing, I've never written one.. so if there's anything specific you'd wanna know you could tell me and I could add it or something. I know that was a bit long so sorry about that b:surrender

Here's some closer screenshots

Front
    Back
    Left
    Right
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Oh! I remember applying for this ages ago(If i remember I aksed for my elf to be turned into a Good side cat veno?).. If I could reserve an application, I'd love to apply ^^
    I guess I could replace Zoe as an archer, the team doesnt have a person who is kind of the sweetypie type
    NAME: Esnemyl (ez-ne-mill)
    Nickname: Es
    Most inclined to say: "Lets kick butt and chew.. er wait what was I saying?"

Es was born to a hardy mother and a proud father who taught her the ways of archery. She is a very sharp shooter, but wass bullied by other peers in her class. She learnt to stand up for herself, and in the process turned into a sweet, sassy, sharp-shooting woman. Yet in some ways she still has the mind of a 15 year old. Her actual age, in human years, is 20.
    She is a generally bubbly character, bouncy and innocent, though she does have a tendency to get alot of the boy's attention (but she doesnt intend to). While she often acts very feminine, she also can be very much a hothead.

Es is still trying to figure out where she's supposed to be and who she really is, but being cautious all the while. She brings high hopes and energy, courage and passion to the group. She is often, though, clumsy, and occasionally spaces out while thinking.

While Esnemyl can be shy, and often does act very coy when receiving complements, she does have a rather assertive nature. She's more of a take-charge kind of person. She sets a goal, and never gives up until she achieves it.
    She isnt really that open about her past loves (perhaps from the fact that she lost a close friend to the wraiths before she got to tell him about her feelings). She can be quite stubborn occasionally, and is quite fiesty at times. But to the Good guys she is a great ally and friend to be with. She loves the night, and her main enjoyment is when she soars with her Glory wings in a full moon.

Her archery skills are scarily accurate, and her arcane skills(like BOA) with it even more so. She is very fiery in battle that almost all or her innocence vanishes- making her no push over when it comes to protecting her friends in battle. Her favourite weapon is her Wind and The Clouds (when she draws it out to fight she says "Hey! take a look at this lil cutie!").

Likes: Nomming sushi and sweet treats, petting kitties ( just like any little girl would, then irony is Es has the body of a woman but the mind of a 16 year old girl whos into all things cute and furry), so maybe a gag or two when Keph turns into a tiger- if he doesnt mind.. b:chuckle), and motivating the group(she can act like a high-school cheerleader at times) , sometimes though its cutely annoying.

Dislikes: Her hair getting messed up(wouldnt most girls) , having the fear she'll mess thigns up when shes clumsy (followed by some cartoonic QQing), Phoenixes (she calls them "stupid flaming chickens")

I guess in way's she is kind of like Nell Ellis from Atalier Iris 3

full 360 of face
    http://i46.tinypic.com/157c6p.jpg
    EDIT: more recent face images
    http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5593/20100825144925.png
    http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3104/20100825145041.png

fash full body + feet
    http://i49.tinypic.com/29w8fno.png (my fave outfit, and its badass too :3)

Thats the best I can do, if you need anythign else, just ask b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Looks like I'll have to submit a different character if I'm looking to see myself in this comic.b:chuckle

Nice to see Keph still lurking around, though.b:mischievous

EDIT: I'm interested in finding out if you would accept a Seeker for an app, since they are just a glorified sword blademaster (with flashier skills b:chuckle)
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Murcas

Race: Cleric (Elven Priest)

tl;dr version:
    Loves: Friends, family, food, being random and making people laugh, his wife, animals, slaughtering wraith (and yanking stamps and dog tags from them, apparently...),confusing people, and making pastries... Did I mention pizza?

Dislikes: Rude, crass, or disrespectful people, the thought of someone he loves dying on him or losing them to powers greater than him, deception, spiders (I mean, he really, REALLY, hates them), oh and those damn exploding enemies...(you have no idea how hard it is to remove splinters of enemies from your body...no idea...especially when they lodge into...certain areas. Yeah, who's gonna heal the cleric?), and his own lack compassion at times.

At first glance, he appears to be shy, distant, and seems to lack a sense of humor, however, once you get to know him, he says random, weird, things. He's often known to hang around places where conversation is flowing as, quite often, he finds it amusing. He also likes to make people better, whether it be through enhancing their defenses against the elements or reviving them from the cold grasp of death. He does, however, have a somewhat nasty temper at times, especially when people get rude or vulgar; he can tolerate it to a certain degree, he even responds at times, but when the comments seem to be a personal attack, he hops in and mouths off. He's also head and heels (heals?) in love with his wife and would do anything for her, even follow her to hell. Strangely enough, though, he doesn't seem to mind genders when it comes to love: he chooses his friends and loved ones according to their personalities and how much they receive and give affection. The only problem with that is people take advantage of his need for affection and manipulates him through their kind (but at times insincere) words. He does give good advice and gets irritated when people ignore it and then blame him when they fall into another ones trap.

People say that he's rather feminine and that's okay by him, he enjoys being confused by most people as a female cleric. His best friend, an assassin, gives him a hard time and often threatens to chop him into pieces and Murcas, of course, responds kindly...with a few...friendly...reminders of what a cleric can do. He also likes to kill wraith, namely because they threaten his loved ones, but there's another side of him that likes killing, the side that he'd rather not talk about. He really hates spiders and kills them ever chance he gets. He is also a bit reckless: he has been known to run into places he knows nothing about, trying to kill things that shouldn't be attempted alone, and taking hits from enemies to save someone else with a lower constitution. Oh and if you feed him, he will come back, normally with treats of his own. He often is seen with a pizza in his hands and a somewhat goofy smile on his face.

There is, however, a bit of a nihilistic side to him: sometimes he feels as if people don't deserve to be saved, that they do so many horrendous things to one another that his saving them would require him to forgive them, which he finds hard to do.Having seen much horror when he was younger, namely due to the war, he tries to shield himself by trying to see the good in what he does and the best in other people. (He does, incidentally, see people's names above their head and wonders why in the world that is so; that stills confuses the hell out of him.) He also playfully flirts with another male cleric, making people often question his sexuality.

Oh, and for Pan Gu's sake, please, please, please, don't pull on his feathers, he hates that. (Hey, would you like something plucked from your head? I think not.)Oh and don't feed him after midnight, he turns into a werewolf pumpkin and sucks the blood out of cacti.

Below is a picture of him standing in his favorite place.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/20110916150208.png/- Body

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/20110916150142.png/- Face

X_X
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Looks like I'll have to submit a different character if I'm looking to see myself in this comic.b:chuckle

Nice to see Keph still lurking around, though.b:mischievous

EDIT: I'm interested in finding out if you would accept a Seeker for an app, since they are just a glorified sword blademaster (with flashier skills b:chuckle)

Sure am. Only one other seeker has applied thus far and I'd really like to to find a way to get a tideborn and or earthguard in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Murcas

Race: Cleric (Elven Priest)

tl;dr version:
    Loves: Friends, family, food, being random and making people laugh, his wife, animals, slaughtering wraith (and yanking stamps and dog tags from them, apparently...),confusing people, and making pastries... Did I mention pizza?

Dislikes: Rude, crass, or disrespectful people, the thought of someone he loves dying on him or losing them to powers greater than him, deception, spiders (I mean, he really, REALLY, hates them), oh and those damn exploding enemies...(you have no idea how hard it is to remove splinters of enemies from your body...no idea...especially when they lodge into...certain areas. Yeah, who's gonna heal the cleric?), and his own lack compassion at times.

At first glance, he appears to be shy, distant, and seems to lack a sense of humor, however, once you get to know him, he says random, weird, things. He's often known to hang around places where conversation is flowing as, quite often, he finds it amusing. He also likes to make people better, whether it be through enhancing their defenses against the elements or reviving them from the cold grasp of death. He does, however, have a somewhat nasty temper at times, especially when people get rude or vulgar; he can tolerate it to a certain degree, he even responds at times, but when the comments seem to be a personal attack, he hops in and mouths off. He's also head and heels (heals?) in love with his wife and would do anything for her, even follow her to hell. Strangely enough, though, he doesn't seem to mind genders when it comes to love: he chooses his friends and loved ones according to their personalities and how much they receive and give affection. The only problem with that is people take advantage of his need for affection and manipulates him through their kind (but at times insincere) words. He does give good advice and gets irritated when people ignore it and then blame him when they fall into another ones trap.

People say that he's rather feminine and that's okay by him, he enjoys being confused by most people as a female cleric. His best friend, an assassin, gives him a hard time and often threatens to chop him into pieces and Murcas, of course, responds kindly...with a few...friendly...reminders of what a cleric can do. He also likes to kill wraith, namely because they threaten his loved ones, but there's another side of him that likes killing, the side that he'd rather not talk about. He really hates spiders and kills them ever chance he gets. He is also a bit reckless: he has been known to run into places he knows nothing about, trying to kill things that shouldn't be attempted alone, and taking hits from enemies to save someone else with a lower constitution. Oh and if you feed him, he will come back, normally with treats of his own. He often is seen with a pizza in his hands and a somewhat goofy smile on his face.

There is, however, a bit of a nihilistic side to him: sometimes he feels as if people don't deserve to be saved, that they do so many horrendous things to one another that his saving them would require him to forgive them, which he finds hard to do.Having seen much horror when he was younger, namely due to the war, he tries to shield himself by trying to see the good in what he does and the best in other people. (He does, incidentally, see people's names above their head and wonders why in the world that is so; that stills confuses the hell out of him.) He also playfully flirts with another male cleric, making people often question his sexuality.

Oh, and for Pan Gu's sake, please, please, please, don't pull on his feathers, he hates that. (Hey, would you like something plucked from your head? I think not.)Oh and don't feed him after midnight, he turns into a werewolf pumpkin and sucks the blood out of cacti.

Below is a picture of him standing in his favorite place.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/20110916150208.png/- Body

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/20110916150142.png/- Face

X_X
    LOL. I loved the last bit. Although would you be able to provide a full side profile, front and back screenshot? I need to be able to see your whole character to draw it. From what you wrote there I'm thinking of how he could fit in already, you have a strong chance to appear in it me thinks. :)

Edit: Would you also be able to provide a screenshot of the wings you use if they're not the basic ones given at level 1?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Oh! I remember applying for this ages ago(If i remember I aksed for my elf to be turned into a Good side cat veno?).. If I could reserve an application, I'd love to apply ^^
    I guess I could replace Zoe as an archer, the team doesnt have a person who is kind of the sweetypie type

EDIT: I found my old application, and edited it a little with more recent facial images and better detail, i'm still working on it now:

Es was born to a hardy mother and a proud father who taught her the ways of archery. She is a very sharp shooter, but wass bullied by other peers in her class. She learnt to stand up for herself, and in the process turned into a sweet, sassy, sharp-shooting woman.
    She is a generally bubbly character, bouncy and innocent, though she does have a tendency to get alot of the boy's attention (but she doesnt intend to). While she often acts very feminine, she also can be very much a hothead. She is especially protective of her friends.

Es is still trying to figure out where she's supposed to be and who she really is, but being cautious all the while. She brings high hopes and energy, courage and passion to the group.

While Esnemyl can be shy, and often does act very coy when receiving complements, she does have a rather assertive nature. She's more of a take-charge kind of person. She sets a goal, and never gives up until she achieves it.
    She isnt really that open about her past loves (perhaps from the fact that she lost a close friend to the wraiths before she got to tell him about her feelings). She can be quite stubborn occasionally, and is quite fiesty at times. But to the Good guys she is a great ally and friend to be with. She loves the night, and her main enjoyment is when she soars with her Glory wings in a full moon.

Her archery skills are scarily accurate, and her arcane skills(like BOA) with it even more so. She is very fiery in battle that almost all or her innocence vanishes- making her no push over when it comes to protecting her friends in battle. her favourite weapon is her Wind and The Clouds.

full 360 of face
    http://i46.tinypic.com/157c6p.jpg
    EDIT: more recent face images
    http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5593/20100825144925.png
    http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3104/20100825145041.png

fash full body + feet
    http://i49.tinypic.com/29w8fno.png (my fave outfit, and its badass too :3)

Thats the best I can do, if you need anythign else, just ask b:cute

Yay, thanks for applying. I think she really would fill in a missing piece of the group. One thing though, could you provide a screenshot of the weapon you mentioned, and also a screenshot of the wings you use if they're not the basic ones all elves get?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yay, thanks for applying. I think she really would fill in a missing piece of the group. One thing though, could you provide a screenshot of the weapon you mentioned, and also a screenshot of the wings you use if they're not the basic ones all elves get?

Oh thank you! b:cute I didn't have time earlier to put them in:
    http://www.ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/mount/elf14.jpg thats the glory wings, their kidn of transparant and have a glitter to them:)

Here is my slingshot: http://www.ecatomb.net/arme/slingshot/m69.jpg

I think I should put in some of her likes and dislikes too, i'll put them in the original description on page 2:

Likes: Nomming sushi and sweet treats, petting kitties ( just like any little girl would, then irony is Es has the body of a woman but the mind of a 16 year old girl whos into all things cute and furry), so maybe a gag or two when Keph turns into a tiger- if he doesnt mind.. b:chuckle), and motivating the group , sometimes though its cutely annoying.

Dislikes: Her hair getting messed up(wouldnt most girls) , having the fear she'll mess thigns up when shes clumsy (followed by some cartoonic QQing), Phoenixes (she calls them "stupid flaming chickens")

I guess in way's she is kind of like Nell Ellis from Atalier Iris 3, if you've ever played it. Nell is described as "A very energetic girl often lacking seriousness",and I think Es is kind of like that too.

I'll try and look at this as much as I can, But I got exams and stuff. I will be aactiv eon the forums as much as I can too! ^^

• Kieve - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ...so maybe a gag or two when Keph turns into a tiger- if he doesnt mind.. b:chuckle)...

I am reminded of the old preview thread...
    lake1.jpg
    "Oh god she's stuck worse than bubblegum! How do I get her off? Agh! Quick, someone find me a crowbar!"
    grin.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hmm ok. I came back to the Vixe line art and realized I may aswell just get people to apply for the bad Veno's group too (the characters don't have to be overly evil and sadistic, humourous traits are encouraged). The only set in stone character is Vixe unless someone provides material to top her. So that work is postponed until I get a solid group going for them. I think I'll just work on definites in the other group for now and figure out how I wanna draw them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options

"Oh god she's stuck worse than bubblegum! How do I get her off? Agh! Quick, someone find me a crowbar!"
    grin.gif

But your so cute and furry and fuzzy n stuffs.. b:sad

I can't wait to see the new linework Reiky, I wish you the ebst of luck, and I know youll do fabulous girl! b:victory

• Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thanks Es. :P

Unfortunately this is as far as I can go with this one, until I decide on the whole team. Keep applying to see your face there. Remember you can make more than one application.
    yourfacehere.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thanks Es. :P

Unfortunately this is as far as I can go with this one, until I decide on the whole team. Keep applying to see your face there. Remember you can make more than one application.
    yourfacehere.jpg

Can we apply with different characters?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just another thing if you don't specify a name for your character I'll end up using the name under your avatar.

@Zan; Sorry yes that is what I meant. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOL. I loved the last bit. Although would you be able to provide a full side profile, front and back screenshot? I need to be able to see your whole character to draw it. From what you wrote there I'm thinking of how he could fit in already, you have a strong chance to appear in it me thinks. :)

Edit: Would you also be able to provide a screenshot of the wings you use if they're not the basic ones given at level 1?

Ah, thank you! I really am honored! And, yep, I have him in his wings.

Here he is with his wings and his wife: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/20110404175817.png/ (They are the Wings of Daedalus if that helps. )

And here is a shot of him from the side in his TT90 armor; unfortunately it was before he got his cat ears...>.>: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/20110313190327.png/

Close up of his face- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/20110908143835.png/ (For some reason he looks sad. Someone must have taken the last slice of pizza...)

And his from the back view: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/20111010071044.png/
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just another thing if you don't specify a name for your character I'll end up using the name under your avatar.

@Zan; Sorry yes that is what I meant. :P

Okay, I may apply with my BM then, he's not a female but I know you want a BM =P

Unless you'd prefer my Cleric, even if I'm not all that great at writing a back story or whatever b:surrender
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hmm ok. I came back to the Vixe line art and realized I may aswell just get people to apply for the bad Veno's group too (the characters don't have to be overly evil and sadistic, humourous traits are encouraged). The only set in stone character is Vixe unless someone provides material to top her. So that work is postponed until I get a solid group going for them. I think I'll just work on definites in the other group for now and figure out how I wanna draw them.

th_2011-10-1008-50-28.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-1008-51-00.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-1008-51-09.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-1008-51-22.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-1008-51-33.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-1008-51-41.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-1008-52-11.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-1008-52-17.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-1008-52-28.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-10-1008-52-28.jpg

Name: Cheethara
    Dislikes: water, anyone that isn't her

Background: She is pretty young veno (19 or so), who fights with a pet kitten. She's known to try to use her youth and sex appeal to her advantage, often feigning ignorance in situations or doing something naive or dumb on purpose so people will let their guard down and do things for her. THat being said, she's anything but stupid. She's sadistic and will even put her allies in harms way just for the fun of it. She finds great amusement in embarrassing people and in other people's pain. This is in stark contrast with her cutesy speech patterns and personality. She'll often speak to her victims/enemies as though she's their friend, even while attacking them. She'll say things like "Ohh, don't you want to play some more?" or "Hey, c'mon wake up sleepy head! I wanna play! Fine then if you don't want to play, I'll just take my toys and go home!" to the corpse of a dead enemy. Her own teammates are probably unlikely to get her because of this kind of attitude. Her only real friend is her tabby, who she fights alongside even though she could be using animals that are more suitable. Her only weakness is that she's deathly afraid of water, having almost drowned as a small child. She'll seduce anyone she think she can get to do something for her. So for example you might see her lying on top of something heavy while some guy's shes tricked into helping her carrying it does all the work. She'll silence his protest with a kiss and a promise to play later. When the task is finished though, her idea of "playing" would be to beat him up. She won't actually return anyone's affections at all as the only person she really cares for is herself. She'd be fiercely and protective of the boss, if only becomes being in the venomafia helps her accomplish her own goals.

LOL It's hard coming up with the bad guy villains. b:surrender Anyway, since you need more venos I'll submit this one. I understand you'd only likely to accept one character from the same person but no harm in applying with two, right? :D

added later: If you want to dress her in sluttier version of the school girl outfit or the cheerleader uniform, you can. I just don't happen to own that particular fashion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit