Venomafia Comic - Apply For A Role?

Options

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rofl at the last page from me mentioning cookies ^^
    And nu, no cookies for meanie venos! *locks them away in a super super secret place :o*
    Silvy's character looks amazing, and your right Silv, from the looks of it she would do something just like you said :)
    Looking forward to more Reiky!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    But I'M the prankster mischievous one!!

b:sad

Indeed you are! I'll behave from now on. Promise. *continues to cook, wearing a chef's hat and an apron that has scribbled on it, in scratchy letters, "smooch the s(c)hef!"

[Murcas apparently can't spell right after he's cooked for about 17 hours straight.]

On a more serious note: I was on Livestream chat last night and man, it was frickin' awesome! I truly am envious of your talent. ^_^ Also, Vincent was one of my favorite characters on Final Fantasy 7 so, yay! I'm sorry I had to leave so suddenly, though; stupid job, interfering with my Perfect World! b:angry

*slips Es some cookies* b:quiet
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I baked my first ever batch of brownies today.b:pleased

I did it from scratch, too.b:chuckle

They look fine, hopefully they taste good.b:shutup
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options

Nice! Yeah, cooking things from scratch is more satisfying than making them from a box. I'm sure they turned out wonderful. ^_^ b:victory
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Idea we came up with in live chat after you had left:

It was inspired by some girls at my school, who asked who was this guy covering glee when bohemian rhapsody came on the radio.

So....you know how people sometimes hijack world chat and makes everyone watch them type in song lyrics?

What if the venomafia forced everyone in the town to listen to them cover some song. And then one of the good-guy team members actually liked that version and had never heard the real version.

::At shattered jay shore::

Member: Hey, they're pretty good! I love this song, so original!

Synsae: How could you have never heard of (song)! It's a cheap cover! T

Member: I doubt anyone could top their version of it.

Synsae: I'm gonna beat you with my wand.

Kyna: Idiot! How you can you like venomafia! ::tries to beat up said member but is held back from actually getting violent::

Kieve: That's it, I'mma hit you with my shark ::walks into shattered jade ocean and grabs a shark to hit member with::

...Or something along those lines. Sadly, I didn't write it down. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nice! Yeah, cooking things from scratch is more satisfying than making them from a box. I'm sure they turned out wonderful. ^_^ b:victory

They did. b:victory

And I'm proud to say I pulled off an Intermediate-skill level recipe on my first try.b:laugh
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ::At shattered jade shore::

Member: Hey, they're pretty good! I love this song, so original!

Synsae: How could you have never heard of (song)! It's a cheap cover! T

Member: I doubt anyone could top their version of it.

Synsae: I'm gonna beat you with my wand.

Kyna: Idiot! How you can you like venomafia! ::tries to beat up said member but is held back from actually getting violent::

Keph: Hold on folks, I got this. ::walks into the water / returns with Thresher shark in paws:: You see this shark? I'm about to slap you with it.

Shark: *OMGWTFBBQ-face*

Close enough. grin.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Close enough. grin.gif

*cries giggling* That's awesome! That's just the funny thing I needed before I go to bed. <3 b:flower
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    *takes the cookies and hides them again*
    There should be a plot for a cookie hiest.. i'll fight to the death for them!
    Also, i'm working on.. something for the alliance ^^
    (Please dont hit me with that shark QQ)

EDIT: Ok, think star wars here, the rebels have their own logo, and so do the sith, right? With me? Good
    Soo.. here is my rendition of the Resistance's logo. Using my freelance skills, then taking the pic on my brick- sorry, phone, to photoshop and making it look like a boss.
    rkobgx.jpg
    it looks kinda like a mix between a dove (freedom!) and aflame (burning with passion? or just nerdrage? I'll take the latter, win :) )
    I am currently working on the veno's version.. unless somebody else has an idea for it

So i'm thinking weather the characters could display it on their capes if they have one, or maybe some armbands, either that or it could be brought up funnily. Que Es's sketching shenanigans..

-Esnemyl presents the logo- tadaaa! whaddya guys think?

member: Won't it be obvious though to the mafia?

Es: umm.. they havent seen it yet?

member: *facepalm* well, atleast it's better then the last drawing you did, what was it again?

Es: Ohh.. that was the chibi version of Murcas as a werewolf.

Keph: (sorry I can just see you saying this) And why did you say it was cute?

Es: Everythings cute in chibi form! Even Kyna when she's annoyed.*

*you can cut tthat out if you want b:chuckle I just thought what came out of my brain

DOUBLE EDIT: Finished the Venomafia logo!
    2v2fl3b.jpg

Loveheart: demon (think the bat veno): small V in the heart, and a M at the base, like?

edited November 2011
    Options

DOUBLE EDIT: Finished the Venomafia logo!
    2v2fl3b.jpg

Loveheart: demon (think the bat veno): small V in the heart, and a M at the base, like?[/COLOR]

Don't hate me, but for some reason the v makes it look like cleavage to me. b:surrender. Without it, it kind of looks like a heart and a skull at the same time. Pretty cool. I really, really love the one you made for the good guys. That thing is awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah, Venus is right, the good guys' one is pretty nice.

To me the venomafia one looks like the head of a cobra. :o
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Edit:
    offline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

I had brownies waiting for when we got back from picking you up from the bus stop. b:cry
    YOU JERK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Don't hate me, but for some reason the v makes it look like cleavage to me. b:surrender. Without it, it kind of looks like a heart and a skull at the same time. Pretty cool. I really, really love the one you made for the good guys. That thing is awesome!

LOL I didn't see that coming. I showed it to people in school, i've had butterfly, boobies,
    a lady.. um.. O_O , snake, and the devil.
    Yeah, Venus is right, the good guys' one is pretty nice.

To me the venomafia one looks like the head of a cobra. :o

Yeah, thats what I snuck in with that little upside down V in the middle, I just got the demonic inspiration from the bat veno ya see ^^

OK, I equalized the mafia logo , here it is with the V (cleavage b:chuckle)
    107nbed.jpg

and without (though that big V actually stood for Veno, the outer mparts of the heart look like a V too I guess)
    2zfvq6v.jpg

I also colour hued the Resistance logo, to see other colours, what do you think?
    estbh5.png

edited November 2011
    Options
    I like the new veno mafia logo. XD Looks more deadly somehow now. And I like blue and pink resistance logos, but somehow I don't think the guys would like the pink one. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like the new veno mafia logo. XD Looks more deadly somehow now. And I like blue and pink resistance logos, but somehow I don't think the guys would like the pink one. b:laugh

Who said they all had to agree on one color?b:mischievous

It could be a topic of argument, where each person finally ends up picking their own favorite color, and Es gives up trying to make them all the same.b:chuckle
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I would gladly wear something pink! Especially for a good cause. Like, say, for instance, Breast Cancer Awareness or killing bad guys in the name of justice! b:cool

(Brain doesn't work. Shh...)
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just one little problem with that - Keph's armor already has an emblem.
    TemplarArmorEmblem.jpg

. . . oops.gif

That's from the texture, btw - pulled it from the shoulder section to see more clearly, but it's on just about every large piece of plating (Chest, shoulders, wrists, boots...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We can just paint over it Keph dw b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol. I never put much thought into ... um .. emblems xD Original character Kyna has one sorta, but pwi kyna, not really.

it'd take a lot of convincing to get her to wear one >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna find one for Wyrm's outfit now! :D

If he's going to be the only Earthguard, he needs to represent!b:victory
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sorry guys, been dealing with a new housemate's 3 year old daughter who is extremely misbehaved. It's a 24/7 thing and she wakes everyone up very early in the morning with screaming, stomping and whining when she doesn't get what she wants. I've been working with mum to counter it, luckily mum is pretty easy going and open to opinions so we established a time out and lolly reward system.

She had her first time out yesterday and it gave her a good shock, so now we threaten her with time out when she's bad and her face fill with fear. It's still a lot of work though because mum will eventually give in to whining and demanding, although she tells the 3 year old she can't do something mum won't actually physically prevent her or put her in time out when the 3 year old deliberately disobeys. So the 3 year old isn't entirely clued in to what we consider "good" and "bad" behavior yet, especially when she gets hugs every time she throws a tantrum.

I've had to take a fair bit of time off to sit with the kid and get her to understand these things as we go along, if I don't things may get ugly pretty quick because everyone's tired of being woken up at 5/ 6 am by a screaming brat rofl. On top of that my creativity took an unannounced short hiatus which is kinda usual. My drawing ability is kind of non existent at the moment, everything turns out ****. Maybe later in the week I can pick it up again and start another livestream. I think it's just two more venos to go and then we'll have the comic cover page ready.

As far as the symbols go, I thought the ones you drew up were pretty cool buuuurt~ I do have to explain about the groups though. I think it's partly my fault for not having the basic plot down yet. Ok so to start off, when I asked for applications and had the three teams down defined as "good" and "bad" these were horrible over simplifications but slightly accurate anyway, given the majority of people's perceptions on "morals".

Just like how it goes in real life, the Venomafia doesn't set out to be evil, no one actually does. Nobody wakes up in the morning and goes "Mwuahahahahahha today I shall **** and pillage the townspeople then take over the entire world! Victory shall be mine!" People do what they do because they believe it's what right or best for them or others, even if the majority of other people wouldn't agree with that. It's all about perspective, and the Venomafia just happens to have one that doesn't agree with the majority of the people.

From their view, they were able to spend all their time, effort and money into growing enough to gain the kind of power, wealth and status that they did. Because they were the only ones who were smart enough to do so, that gives them the explicit right to enslave and push around 'commoners' as they see fit. They don't do this because they think it's all cool to be evil, in fact it's not even "evil" to them, they think they're doing good by this, having strong and powerful 'rightful' rulers to oversee the land and people in a proper manner, to ensure the future of a "real" perfect world.

Now, one of the groups of the so called "good guys" who I'll dub the innocents (the group of three), are a group of unlikely but long time friends in perfect world who unwittingly and unwillingly get lured into another of the Venomafia's ploys in their ongoing pursuit for perfect world dominance. The larger group from the "good guys" section are a group of individual vigilantes - well at least if they weren't a vigilante before, they're forced to be now when the elder persuades them into taking a dangerous mission with the promise of a handsome reward. Not all of them were entirely pleased about it, but how could they argue when some were not just out of pocket but also running on an empty stomach, thanks to the recent bank's default and inflation on the price of gold and natural materials.

Since the plot revolves around these strangers being forced to come together and work as a team, I don't think they'd actually have a logo. I mean if they're arguing about battle tactics and hardly like each other, I doubt they'd take the time out to establish themselves as a long standing group. The only group likely to have one at all would be the Venomafia but we also have to keep in mind that their name was one that was originally a derogatory slang word for them used by the people, not one they created themselves. They don't focus so much on their image or identity, but more on their goals.

While it is a short story, silly and stupid, I'm also going to keep it a bit to er.. what's the world .. "story standards" I guess. It's important that while there's weirdness and jokes, the characters in it still stay true to themselves, their goals, morals and ideas, that's really what makes comedy work. I'll be throwing in a fair few pop culture/ political and economic references as well, for anyone paying attention to world events. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ah ok, well it was worth a go drawing them. For freelance sketching it usually only takes 5 mintues to draw stuff like that. I respect your view to them :) (but maybe the logo could come up jokingly, as I said earlier lol)
    As for pop culture, I was thinking of some funny references to the music industry, AKA Kanye west and Taylor Swifts stage 'conflict' (but with a PWI twist, or just say it somewhere, maybe Keph gives a confidence speech, then Kyna has a go at it later in the comic, then Wyrm (I can see him sayin this) says 'Yo Kyna, i'mma let you finish, but Kephras has the best speech of all time, OF all time!' Me being randoms.. x.x) Or other pop events that were cringily epic.
    Sorry to hear about all the shenanigans over there, I know how it feels (in a hostile with screaming toddlers wasnt the best bit of my life), i hope everything gets better there soon :)

• Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ah ok, well it was worth a go drawing them. For freelance sketching it usually only takes 5 mintues to draw stuff like that. I respect your view to them :) (but maybe the logo could come up jokingly, as I said earlier lol)
    As for pop culture, I was thinking of some funny references to the music industry, AKA Kanye west and Taylor Swifts stage 'conflict' (but with a PWI twist, or just say it somewhere, maybe Keph gives a confidence speech, then Kyna has a go at it later in the comic, then Wyrm (I can see him sayin this) says 'Yo Kyna, i'mma let you finish, but Kephras has the best speech of all time, OF all time!' Me being randoms.. x.x) Or other pop events that were cringily epic.
    Sorry to hear about all the shenanigans over there, I know how it feels (in a hostile with screaming toddlers wasnt the best bit of my life), i hope everything gets better there soon :)

Well I don't think it's not entirely unlike them to have a sort of symbol either. It looks like something you might find on a shamanic talisman. I was thinking it could work as a sort of symbol on some decorated wood that marks their home/ hideout, in the background, but just not something they strongly identify with.

Actually the conflict is a really good idea, I can't imagine as of right now where it'd fit in plot wise (cuz I've been a lazy and not written it down yet D:<) but I think it should definitely be in there somewhere. I've already worked out a couple gags about Twilight and Occupy Wallstreet, although I think for the sake of the joke I'll keep it secret until the page is drawn and coloured. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Now, one of the groups of the so called "good guys" who I'll dub the innocents (the group of three), are a group of unlikely but long time friends in perfect world who unwittingly and unwillingly get lured into another of the Venomafia's ploys in their ongoing pursuit for perfect world dominance. The larger group from the "good guys" section are a group of individual vigilantes - well at least if they weren't a vigilante before, they're forced to be now when the elder persuades them into taking a dangerous mission with the promise of a handsome reward. Not all of them were entirely pleased about it, but how could they argue when some were not just out of pocket but also running on an empty stomach, thanks to the recent bank's default and inflation on the price of gold and natural materials.

Since the plot revolves around these strangers being forced to come together and work as a team, I don't think they'd actually have a logo. I mean if they're arguing about battle tactics and hardly like each other, I doubt they'd take the time out to establish themselves as a long standing group. The only group likely to have one at all would be the Venomafia but we also have to keep in mind that their name was one that was originally a derogatory slang word for them used by the people, not one they created themselves. They don't focus so much on their image or identity, but more on their goals.

I remember your latest listing of teams showing a group of 5 and a group of 4... Does this mean you made a revision to how the teams are made up?b:puzzled
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I remember your latest listing of teams showing a group of 5 and a group of 4... Does this mean you made a revision to how the teams are made up?b:puzzled

No it was late when I wrote that and I know I got the numbers screwed up, I was just too lazy to fix them. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No it was late when I wrote that and I know I got the numbers screwed up, I was just too lazy to fix them. :/

Ah, okay. I was just wondering if you had changed your mind and moved either me or the werewolf pumpkin to the other team...

Apparently not.b:surrender
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ah, okay. I was just wondering if you had changed your mind and moved either me or the werewolf pumpkin to the other team...

Apparently not.b:surrender

Aww, sorry. xD

Don't worry, he might be weird but at least he's not a psychopathic murderer. :-D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Aww, sorry. xD

Don't worry, he might be weird but at least he's not a psychopathic murderer. :-D

Except for the cacti....

Those poor, poor cacti...

• Murcas - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Except for the cacti....

Those poor, poor cacti...

Well, if it's any consolation, the cacti always give me piercings I don't terribly desire. :(