Sage archer

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    "Rainbow-colored waves of awesomeness radiate from the pair..."

If you think this is awesome, you should see our chats.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you think this is awesome, you should see our chats.

Wtf I have not seen this before. Someone needs to compile an archive of these things.

And wtf. LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Wtf I have not seen this before. Someone needs to compile an archive of these things.

And wtf. LOL.

Done - it's in the Useful Archer Links.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011

Woot! Archer forums need more literature to complement the math.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Thank you, Lady Elena! This is a grand day for archers everywhere!

*shares cookies and tea with Aesthor*
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I was going to read it but then I decided it would be a better use of time to slowly count prime numbers to contain my inner RAGE!!... wtf is this? >_>

p.s. anyone wanna make bets on which is "fixed" first? "invisible" forum post or ____insert in game bug__
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You really are a tool, if you're pointing out inaccuracies in my scathing sardonic remarks as if I actually tried to be accurate with them and then going off to make the same generalizations about others.

Even my buffer has more skills on her genie than holy path. I obviously wouldn't HONESTLY think you only have 1 skill on your genie. You really couldn't figure that out? And not only that you had to CORRECT my statement and say oh not only do I have more than one skill I have TWO GENIES. OH MY EFFING GOD.

It's incredibly pompous of you to think you can make attempts at being smarmy and be totally serious and literal when other people are successful at it against you. Really, you take yourself too seriously. You act like people care that you are fail. We don't. It doesn't affect us in the least if you're fail, but we just think it's funny to make fun of you about it.

Also while we're on that topic of your sig, saying "you are trolled because I said so" does not make it true. It's a huge cop-out and everyone would realize it except for you.

Edit: Forgot to change my font
    Edit2: Lol your use of the term 'nerdrage' is terribly inaccurate. Are you perhaps nerdraging about the way we like to make fun of your fail sharding and gear?

and this, children, is what rage looks like.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I was going to read it but then I decided it would be a better use of time to slowly count prime numbers to contain my inner RAGE!!... wtf is this? >_>

p.s. anyone wanna make bets on which is "fixed" first? "invisible" forum post or ____insert in game bug__

We've had invisible forum posts on every skin once we've found the right colors. XD

Then again, we've had ____ game bugs since the beginning of the game too... Wow this is a tough choice.

@Sint If you think that's rage then you must live a horrendously sheltered life.
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Sage is better in this day and age. With all sage skills available via packs and other stuff, Sage can reach its full potential. The only reason to go demon now is if you dont ever plan on getting r9. Sage just scales too well with your gear as you upgrade to chose demon over it.
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    We've had invisible forum posts on every skin once we've found the right colors. XD

Then again, we've had ____ game bugs since the beginning of the game too... Wow this is a tough choice.

@Sint If you think that's rage then you must live a horrendously sheltered life.

I don't even know who he is but I think I've seen his name somewhere. He's probably still butthurt at me for some reason I don't even remember.

and this, children, is what rage looks like.

And this, children, is what chopped liver looks like after you eat it.

No really, saying it doesn't make it true. I don't know what you're butthurt about but I suggest you get over it before you make so many of these pointlessly stupid remarks that I remember your name.
    Sage is better in this day and age. With all sage skills available via packs and other stuff, Sage can reach its full potential. The only reason to go demon now is if you dont ever plan on getting r9. Sage just scales too well with your gear as you upgrade to chose demon over it.

I'm demon with full r9 and full DoT. I don't regret it. Sage may be better on paper with a pencil but the better quickshot and barrage is much more useful to me than a few extra points of base damage. Also the crit butt from STA and stun arrow complements the demon perks. Demon skills have synergy with each other. The sage range and extra long stun is pretty sexy I admit, but nothing else particularly stands out to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2011

The new breed of sage archer sucks archer balls. On HT... I have yet seem a post pack sage archer make a name for him/herself. If anyone mention any tw/pk capable sage archer... its going to be the old school sage archer. That may or may not change... who knows.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    @truekossy: she totally changed font colour d00d D:

@Aesthor: Yes, that must be it. Were you a cheerleader in highschool?

@Kiyoshi: in your next post, you'll claim you belong to the old school and are therefore pro.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Lol no...what does that have to do with anything? b:laugh

Changing font colors means someone is mad. Most logical argument ever LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Lol no...what does that have to do with anything? b:laugh

Changing font colors means someone is mad. Most logical argument ever LOL.

wich, 1) was not directed at you, and 2) was meant as a joke.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Oh ****, PvP server archer..watch out Kiyo you're fail compared to him.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    wich, 1) was not directed at you, and 2) was meant as a joke.

You say that like everything I write is absolutely serious businessb:laughb:laugh

And no? The cheerleader comment was not directed at me? I don't know I see my name in front of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Sorry for digging up the old thread, but I just want to say my 2 cents about the sage archers:

1.) Both sage and demon archers have pros and cons. There's no a better one in overall. There's a better one for the person who plays the archer.

2.) Gear does not make the archer. There's no such thing as "nowadays gear". You either play sage/demon or you do not.

3.) Going sage or demon depends only on your gameplay. I`m quite sure I'd fail as a demon archer for example, but you can come and see me tanking half of the bosses out there, including Krimson (who I guess isn't that scary anymore), with unsharded and not refined gear.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Sorry for digging up the old thread, but I just want to say my 2 cents about the sage archers:

1.) Both sage and demon archers have pros and cons. There's no a better one in overall. There's a better one for the person who plays the archer.

lol

2.) Gear does not make the archer. There's no such thing as "nowadays gear". You either play sage/demon or you do not.

Dear god LOL

3.) Going sage or demon depends only on your gameplay. I`m quite sure I'd fail as a demon archer for example, but you can come and see me tanking half of the bosses out there, including Krimson (who I guess isn't that scary anymore), with unsharded and not refined gear.

*facedeskfloorbasement*
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I feel as if I haven't fully realized the trolling capabilities that come with being a sage archer. This may or may not change everything.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    am i too late?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    devotion wrote: »
    I feel as if I haven't fully realized the trolling capabilities that come with being a sage archer. This may or may not change everything.

+1000 (and a sage fairy too :D)
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    prof wrote: »
    for this reason, as a sage archer, you would want to find gear that has channeling on it.

for example:
    http://pwcalc.com/30219cce52462579

My archer is R8 and I have thought about going Sage. Your build is R9 and I did not want to go that path with this Archer.

What build can you recommend?
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    What build can you recommend?

I'm a pure bow sage and My build does quite well in TW and all other things I needed in game when I still played often. I dps harder than anything with similar gear/aps levels due to genie combos and have a higher crit rate than most demon archers, due to them being fist build with 117+ base str.

You could very easily swap some aps gear over from your sin and use gorenox or deicides if you chose to do so. Str adds from engraving instead of dex, like in my build would give quite enough str, though a tome would probably do fine by itself. I'm sure that build is improvable (OHT belt, Cube neck, different sharding), but I am certain you can see your own ways to fit things in and adjust to your playstyle.

Just an idea for you to try if you want tons of bow damage without getting r9. The thing that makes r9 so much better isnt that it gives loads better stats, it has more attack and defense levels. Go r8 recast if you like, I personally won't bother, having quit game for the most part aside from occasional TW.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

• Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Pure Dex all the way. End game refines and shards give more HP than vit ever would, you can wear Decides or GVs with base str with a few pieces of (relatively) common endgame gear, and/or ring engravings. Dex is the base of all your damage so. . .

BTW Vindis, where did you get those extra 15 stat points from?
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Pure Dex all the way. End game refines and shards give more HP than vit ever would, you can wear Decides or GVs with base str with a few pieces of (relatively) common endgame gear, and/or ring engravings. Dex is the base of all your damage so. . .

BTW Vindis, where did you get those extra 15 stat points from?

It is from +dex adds from ring engraving (see my guide in the crafting nook for more info). I'm not sure how to implement engraving adds in the calc, nor do I particularly care since I play mostly for TW now and little else.

EDIT: Its 14 stat pts into dex total from ring engraving. It would be +22~24 dex total, but I don't care enough to CS and reroll until I get +12 dex on each ring. That and I mostly play FW now.

Retired from PWI.

• snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm a pure bow sage and My build does quite well in TW and all other things I needed in game when I still played often. I dps harder than anything with similar gear/aps levels due to genie combos and have a higher crit rate than most demon archers, due to them being fist build with 117+ base str.

Dude... you can have perma 5 aps without even changing a single stat point in that calc. You just need the aps gears to swap out for PvE. And how does a sage have higher crit when a demon has mastery/wing blessing/STA/stun?

Deicide
    GV
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And how does a sage have higher crit when a demon has mastery/wing blessing/STA/stun?

Do not misread that statement. It is quite empty in terms of any factual value in the everlasting demon vs sage struggle we have here on these forums.

the statement he made is a subjective view based off of comparing his own build to builds of demon archers he has met, most being equipped to wear fists as well(although the same can be said for sages), so he has already told you how he can have a higher crit rate than those particular archers.

Also, His crit rate is probably high compared to most demons AND sages, however he makes the distinction of demon because sage is the side he is aligned on. And sage>demon(or somewhere along those lines) is the point he is trying to make, so clearly that is how he will word the situation.

A more honest way to put it would be " I have more crit rate than most archers I have met, however if I was demon, my crit rate would be higher provided I've learned my demon skills"

That is also a better way, I believe, to make the comparisons of sage and demon. Apply them to your own build rather than to others. (on that note, DEMON ALL THE WAY YYEEEAAAAHHHH)
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    '
    Sage vs Demon again lol

Oh, I know I could probably have around 40% crit rate if I were demon. And I also know I could have 5.0 aps, but Im uncertain what advantage that would provide me for TW (the only thing I play now really; successful defend was successful).

I figured it was given that I have a higher crit rate than most sages so I didnt state the obvious, but it is rather high overall. In fact, my crit rate would actually drop if I were r9 due to the lack of dex adds on the gear. I have no particular bias toward sage or demon. I like my long stun and my sage range to **** people. That is all. Soloing entire squads? fun. Standing on their center gate and pew pewing them as they run up (this includes r9 archers)? also fun :D. I love stunlock and I love never being hit. Kite if I must, tank thru the weakling r8 sins/bms. Having higher defenses than most archers also helps with my ability to tank a ballsy Psy or Veno that thinks they can solo me :).

Most sage archers I have met in game fail horribly and somehow have lower attack than me even with higher refined weapons...so yeah, my gear isn't very great and cultivation does not matter at all is my point I suppose.

To clarify: Go pure dex, use tomes/engraving for fists. PvE sucks :D

I do not possess any of the gear present in these calcs that are not on my character. I have no desire/use for aps. I also lack any desire to PvE again. Additionally, the 100 mil+ spent on acquiring all the aforementioned aps gear could be spent on refines for my current gear, neither options will happen however.

Lulzy potential calc of what I could have if I spent the kind of coin you are advising on aps gear on refines instead: http://pwcalc.com/cbca1e1e2de230cb (rofl 101 for the lulz; I could probably get even higher refines)

Retired from PWI.

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    '

Oh, I know I could probably have around 50+% crit rate if I were demon. And I also know I could have 5.0 aps, but Im uncertain what advantage the coins I would make would provide me for TW (the only thing I play now really; successful defend was successful).

I figured it was given that I have a higher crit rate than most sages so I didnt state the obvious, but it is rather high overall. In fact, my crit rate would actually drop if I were r9 due to the lack of dex adds on the gear. I have no particular bias toward sage or demon (bullshiat). I like my long stun and my sage range to **** people. That is all. Soloing entire squads? fun. Standing on their center gate and pew pewing them as they run up (this includes r9 archers)? also fun :D. I love stunlock and I love never being hit. Kite if I must, tank thru the weakling r8 sins/bms. Having higher defenses than most archers also helps with my ability to tank a ballsy Psy or Veno that thinks they can solo me :)...this last bit made no sense whatsoever.

Most sage archers I have met in game fail horribly and somehow have lower attack than me even with higher refined weapons...so yeah, my gear isn't very great and cultivation does not matter at all is my point I suppose.

To clarify: Go pure dex, use tomes/engraving for fists. PvE sucks :D

I do not possess any of the gear present in these calcs that are not on my character. I have no desire/use for aps. I also lack any desire to PvE again. Additionally, the 100 mil+ spent on acquiring all the aforementioned aps gear could be spent on refines for my current gear, neither options will happen however.

+7 is basicly free if you play the game. Nice budgeting there

Lulzy potential calc of what I could have if I spent the kind of coin you are advising on aps gear on refines instead: http://pwcalc.com/cbca1e1e2de230cb (rofl 101 for the lulz; I could probably get even higher refines)

If your so thuper pro why havent you gotten a 4th map belt instead of that piece of ****?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    In fact, my crit rate would actually drop if I were r9 due to the lack of dex adds on the gear.

It's less crit because R9 bow lacks the 4% crit add that R8 bow has, (but that's made up by 30 attack lvl and purge)...R9 set total adds 40 dex...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty