Sage archer

Comments

• devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    To anyone who hasn't read the entire thread but are contemplating it. Don't.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    devotion wrote: »
    To anyone who hasn't read the entire thread but are contemplating it. Don't.

I would say this applies to most **** on forums lately
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's pretty easy to see the state this game is in by the players it's attracting (or detracting). The decline has been obvious since the summer before packs were released. The general forums have gone from readable to an ego boost to know I'm not half-simple.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If no one should care about what gear you have, why're you still hiding behind it? I love how your magical new rule conveniently stops right above my gear line, btw. Oh, and the all-caps is doing wonders for your argument. Keep at it, bro. ;]

Why would you or any other care about my gear... after all its my and not yours. I can't even sell it if I wanted to. There is really no point worrying about any individual's gear... but there is a problem when your gear is below par of 99% of the population.

If your goal in the game is to find new ways to make yourself suck more... that's fine with me. That's one less archer I have to worry about. And if hiding at the turn of every corner is your thing... more power to you. But i doubt the majority are in agreement with you. Most of us don't take well having to scurry away sight of every pker.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Why would you or any other care about my gear... after all its my and not yours. I can't even sell it if I wanted to. There is really no point worrying about any individual's gear... but there is a problem when your gear is below par of 99% of the population.

If your goal in the game is to find new ways to make yourself suck more... that's fine with me. That's one less archer I have to worry about. And if hiding at the turn of every corner is your thing... more power to you. But i doubt the majority are in agreement with you. Most of us don't take well having to scurry away sight of every pker.
    My goals in PWI are not PVP-related. How many times do I have to say this?

I. Do not. Care.

I rolled on HT for a reason. If you wanted a place where "the majority" would care every time you wave your e-peen, you should've rolled on LC. >_>

And I still think it's hilarious how you say we shouldn't care about anyone's gear... but if I gear myself for standard PVE and swear off of r8, suddenly there's a problem. I would love for you to define that problem for me. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My goals in PWI are not PVP-related. How many times do I have to say this?

I. Do not. Care.

I rolled on HT for a reason. If you wanted a place where "the majority" would care every time you wave your e-peen, you should've rolled on LC. >_>

And I still think it's hilarious how you say we shouldn't care about anyone's gear... but if I gear myself for standard PVE and swear off of r8, suddenly there's a problem. I would love for you to define that problem for me. XD

You are mistaken. If all you wanted to do was kill lil monsters who have no mind of their own and have no chance at killing you, and only enough gear to accomplish that without any waving of epeen as you called it, you should NOT have rolled HT. HT is the most competitive server (and I mean that as in the competition is vicious, not it's the best server; best, obviously, is a word of opinion). The economy on HT is proof of this. Additionally HT has the most level 105s, even more than LC which you seem to think is so hardcore and ego-based. So if you rolled HT "for a reason" and that reason is you don't want to participate in the waving of e-peens, then you make a pretty big mistake. HT is the server for comparing bow sizes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If all you wanted to do was kill lil monsters who have no mind of their own and have no chance at killing you, and only enough gear to accomplish that without any waving of epeen as you called it, you should NOT have rolled HT.

Wouldn't that depend on when the character was created?

If I understand properly, there was a time when your choice of servers was:

1. Lost City
    2. Heaven's Tear

And I do not think you can meaningfully suggest that Lost City would be better for a PvE player than Heaven's Tear.

Of course, Sanctuary was added not long after that (and when I joined, in November 2008, Sanctuary was crowded compared to Lost City -- apparently a larger number of players are into relaxing play than competitive play?).
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    You are mistaken. If all you wanted to do was kill lil monsters who have no mind of their own and have no chance at killing you, and only enough gear to accomplish that without any waving of epeen as you called it, you should NOT have rolled HT. HT is the most competitive server (and I mean that as in the competition is vicious, not it's the best server; best, obviously, is a word of opinion). The economy on HT is proof of this. Additionally HT has the most level 105s, even more than LC which you seem to think is so hardcore and ego-based. So if you rolled HT "for a reason" and that reason is you don't want to participate in the waving of e-peens, then you make a pretty big mistake. HT is the server for comparing bow sizes.
    Untrue, as per Fleuri's reason.

I made my main on HT in October 2008, primarily because my offline friends were playing on it (at the time), but also because I knew it was a PVE server whereas LC was not.

I'm sorry if you and Kiyoshi hang around HT's competitive community and assume that it reflects 90% of the population, but it doesn't. I've met more than my fair share of people in these three years, and the vast majority either have no interest in PVP at all, or lost it once they realized how the PVP system worked in this game. I certainly have a few friends who are fully aware of how the PVP system works and yet still choose to participate in it, but those are few and far-between (unless you count the occasional random daddy's-credit-card sin I might've BHed with once and then made a point to avoid).

Never assume those who yell the loudest make up the majority. Especially when the loudest make up these hilarious little words like "factor" to persuade themselves that everyone who isn't at their caliber doesn't exist. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Wouldn't that depend on when the character was created?

If I understand properly, there was a time when your choice of servers was:

1. Lost City
    2. Heaven's Tear

And I do not think you can meaningfully suggest that Lost City would be better for a PvE player than Heaven's Tear.

Of course, Sanctuary was added not long after that (and when I joined, in November 2008, Sanctuary was crowded compared to Lost City -- apparently a larger number of players are into relaxing play than competitive play?).

I did not say it was better for PVE nor did I say anything about its population. Do try to actually read what I said before you respond to it. Same goes for you Miugre.
    Untrue, as per Fleuri's reason.

I made my main on HT in October 2008, primarily because my offline friends were playing on it (at the time), but also because I knew it was a PVE server whereas LC was not.

I'm sorry if you and Kiyoshi hang around HT's competitive community and assume that it reflects 90% of the population, but it doesn't. I've met more than my fair share of people in these three years, and the vast majority either have no interest in PVP at all, or lost it once they realized how the PVP system worked in this game. I certainly have a few friends who are fully aware of how the PVP system works and yet still choose to participate in it, but those are few and far-between (unless you count the occasional random daddy's-credit-card sin I might've BHed with once and then made a point to avoid).

Never assume those who yell the loudest make up the majority. Especially when the loudest make up these hilarious little words like "factor" to persuade themselves that everyone who isn't at their caliber doesn't exist. XD

First of all Kiyoshi may be my friend but it is rather presumptuous of you to assume we agree in all views and heck even play together. I don't PVE at all and I don't play with him except in TW. Second of all I was not talking purely from the PVP perspective. That wasn't part of my point, and it shows how much YOU care about PvP that you keep assuming that's what everyone cares about. Lastly I have not used the word "factor" nor do I even care about the factorness of anything so I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree in that respect. Neither you nor Fleuri have disproven what I said in my post, but if you can't tell the difference it's useless for me to elaborate on it now. Your self-righteous attitude preaching to me about something I neither use nor care about is quite sad.

When the two of you realize what my post is NOT about, perhaps I can clarify my point for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    First of all Kiyoshi may be my friend but it is rather presumptuous of you to assume we agree in all views and heck even play together. I don't PVE at all and I don't play with him except in TW. Second of all I was not talking purely from the PVP perspective. That wasn't part of my point, and it shows how much YOU care about PvP that you keep assuming that's what everyone cares about. Lastly I have not used the word "factor" nor do I even care about the factorness of anything so I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree in that respect. Neither you nor Fleuri have disproven what I said in my post, but if you can't tell the difference it's useless for me to elaborate on it now. Your self-righteous attitude preaching to me about something I neither use nor care about is quite sad.

When the two of you realize what my post is NOT about, perhaps I can clarify my point for you.
    Very well. Your point is HT, is a competitive server in a PVE context?

I'd still disagree - at least, as far as the server as a whole is concerned. Obviously you'll have some competitive element on every server, but I think you're placing the blame in the wrong spot. HT has a "competitive" economy (read: one with cheap goods for the consumer, on average) because it's one of the earliest and most well-established ones. Its sheer population should be proof enough. And yet, none of that has stopped me from buying most of whatever I would care to buy on HT. :P

May I ask what other servers you've rolled on, if any? I have characters on Archosaur, and I played them for a period of maybe two months before concluding that Arch had maybe 50% of HT's raw population (and that 90% of what people there were, either glitched goons or didn't speak english, but that's a rant for another day >_>). Not surprisingly, its prices on things reflected that.

As far as Kiyoshi goes, I didn't mean to imply that you and he had any particular relationship beyond agreement in this context (and I used "factor" in the context of the vocal minority at large... not necessarily you). But the fact remains that I'm skilled enough to have a healthy friendlist and a good number of faction contacts to call on. So I'm sorry for not feeling obligated to join whatever competitive community you and/or he happen to be a part of. Though it amuses me to watch him try. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Very well. Your point is HT, is a competitive server in a PVE context?

No -_-

Do I need to read the rest of your post or is there something not about that in it?

Edit: I saw your toon in game and you have a citrine in your bow. I cannot be seen associating with you anymore, sorry and goodbye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Edit: I saw your toon in game and you have a citrine in your bow. I cannot be seen associating with you anymore, sorry and goodbye.

But it sparkles purple!
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Laf.

[/10 char]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    But it sparkles purple!

...........Okay, as a role player, you should not condone citrine shards in bows either.

What I mean is...why did you pick an archer? What are the ruling virtues of a master of the bow? Deadly accuracy and strength. One shot, one kill.

...Putting citrines in a bow does not fulfill that role. Even ambers are preferable in that sense (and have golden sparkles!).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ppl actually listen to kiyoshi? for those who arent aware hes a self proclaimed cash shop noob who think he know how to play a class because he can input cc info in charge... in debate with sage vs demon probably should rely on those who played both cults to understand benefits and downside w/perspective and not super duper cookie monster cutter cash shop blah blah
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    I just reviewed your post for a third time, Aesthor. You mentioned competitiveness but failed to specify quite how HT is so competitive. I assumed in PVP, apparently I was wrong. So then I guessed PVE and was apparently wrong on that, too. So enlighten me... how exactly is HT so competitive? The merchanting community? I do not do any serious merchanting, therefore I have no reason to care.

Or is it the number of 105s (which was the only other thing you mentioned)? Well, I guess I have nothing to say to that. Wow, a bunch of people reached a completely arbitrary number that just happens to be the max level, most likely by goon-glitching, and nobody bats an eye. We're even supposed to respect them for it, apparently. Wait, some archer put a citrine in his bow? Oh my god fire up the waaahmbulance.

You realize that's half the reason I make those kinds of choices, right? XD I mean, it's right there in my sig. >_> I dunno how much more obvious I need to get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm gonna shard a garnet and an elemental shard on my bow during the holiday seasons, none of you will sparkle as fabulously!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    I'm gonna shard a garnet and an elemental shard on my bow during the holiday seasons, none of you will sparkle as fabulously!
    I actually did that on my Vast Land (not "for holiday season" though). That wep is on my sin now. :P

*prepares umbrella for imminent shower of rage*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011

Let me put it in perspective for you. I was one of the very first archers to hit 90 (3rd sage archer on server). My level 90 gear was +5 or above armor and +8 blinding radiance. This is me 2.5+ years ago... and still arguable still better then the current you. Considering people usually come to the forums asking how to improve themselves... I am not convinced that this is your area of expertise. But the next time someone post asking for advice to make themselves the low guy on the totem pole... I'll be sure to refer them to you. My problem isn't how you choose to gear yourself... I don't foresee you as any sort of a threat or competition in anything I still do (or have done) in game... so essentially I don't give a rat's furry *** about you and your gear set. My problem is with you and your attitude that no one needs good gear when they have skills.

And to answer your question/statement. Considering how much your gears lags behind my... there is really no point for you to concern yourself with anything me related. Just like people living in the slums of croatia doesn't concern themselves with my living standards.

(unless you count the occasional random daddy's-credit-card sin I might've BHed with once and then made a point to avoid).

Just cause someone has something nice... their parents have to buy it for them? What kind of **** is that. This reminds me of a bloomberg article that I saw a while back. "A protester sees my Benz, and wants to rip me out of it. A real man sees my car, and wants to work hard so he can buy it". The protestors refer to the occupy wall street people... or in this case I am drawing reference to you. I personally know people who play this game that can easily clear the 6-digit annual income mark. And those same people have lost/gain enough money to get and refine an entire r9 set to +12 in a single day on the market. But in your view... they still need their parents to pay for their entertainment.

HT is the server for comparing bow sizes.

Just want to put it out there... my "bow" is still bigger.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

edited October 2011
    I just reviewed your post for a third time, Aesthor. You mentioned competitiveness but failed to specify quite how HT is so competitive. I assumed in PVP, apparently I was wrong. So then I guessed PVE and was apparently wrong on that, too. So enlighten me... how exactly is HT so competitive? The merchanting community? I do not do any serious merchanting, therefore I have no reason to care.

Or is it the number of 105s (which was the only other thing you mentioned)? Well, I guess I have nothing to say to that. Wow, a bunch of people reached a completely arbitrary number that just happens to be the max level, most likely by goon-glitching, and nobody bats an eye. We're even supposed to respect them for it, apparently. Wait, some archer put a citrine in his bow? Oh my god fire up the waaahmbulance.

You realize that's half the reason I make those kinds of choices, right? XD I mean, it's right there in my sig. >_> I dunno how much more obvious I need to get.

Maybe she was talking about gearing and playing in ways that would help one to fulfill their role as an archer as best as they can and remain competitive with other archers, rather than trying to be fail for the sake of being fail/different/anti-pro/whatever.

And 105's greatest value is the genie, the affinities, imho. That genie is going to have 5 extra affinities, it's really nice if you ask me. But you probably dont even use a genie.

Honestly, why do you even try to come onto advice type threads if you are aiming to be fail? Not that this one had any educational potential to begin with, but, WHY? Why would u come and brag about how you like to be fail and give other archers fail advice on purpose that is just so MEAN. What if this was a better thread and someone actually took ur advice? FFs.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Kiyoshi's point: Sage sucks go demon I only win because I have really good gear (its an odd mix of egotistical and realistic)

Everyone else : Butthuuuuuuuuurt

me: barb forums cant do math i should head to archer forums....oh wait archers still go sage there? Lolcakes

But really rank 8 is 100 mill atm, full +5 refines are basically free, If this is your first character and you cubed/ground/bhed with light to medium FCC you should have 200-300 mill surplus coin free to spend on 99/100 gear (its like 500k an hour in OUF/spiders more in OVS) Really if you cant afford at least a +7 rank 8 bow your about useless. Or did PWI magically become a skill based game? (because not knowing how to do basic math or save up suggests skill)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Let me put it in perspective for you. I was one of the very first archers to hit 90 (3rd sage archer on server). My level 90 gear was +5 or above armor and +8 blinding radiance. This is me 2.5+ years ago... and still arguable still better then the current you. Considering people usually come to the forums asking how to improve themselves... I am not convinced that this is your area of expertise. But the next time someone post asking for advice to make themselves the low guy on the totem pole... I'll be sure to refer them to you. My problem isn't how you choose to gear yourself... I don't foresee you as any sort of a threat or competition in anything I still do (or have done) in game... so essentially I don't give a rat's furry *** about you and your gear set. My problem is with you and your attitude that no one needs good gear when they have skills.
    My attitude is, don't confuse people with a heap of endgame perfection dogmas.

Mana shard? GTFO.
    50 Vit? GTFO.
    Won't get r8? GTFO.
    No APS gear? GTFO.
    Go sage for a reason other than the ability to go 5aps without spark? GTFO.

So much of this community is locked into one way of doing things, and when anyone posts something that isn't along the same lines, it's suddenly blasphemy. I put a citrine in one of my weapons and OH MY GOD, it's like I'm poisoning the newbies' minds telling them to put 300 points in Magic and shard Sapphires into their weps.

Your 90 gear from 2.5 years ago could've lasted you through almost any endgame situation today (except maybe for the buffed TT3-3), and so it will be for anyone else with such gear. You never needed rank, you never needed aps, you never needed ridiculously high refines, and neither does anyone else.
    Just cause someone has something nice... their parents have to buy it for them? What kind of **** is that. This reminds me of a bloomberg article that I saw a while back. "A protester sees my Benz, and wants to rip me out of it. A real man sees my car, and wants to work hard so he can buy it". The protestors refer to the occupy wall street people... or in this case I am drawing reference to you. I personally know people who play this game that can easily clear the 6-digit annual income mark. And those same people have lost/gain enough money to get and refine an entire r9 set to +12 in a single day on the market. But in your view... they still need their parents to pay for their entertainment.
    You misinterpreted me. I said that I knew some people who did work for their gears, are fully aware of the PVP system's flaws, and still choose to participate in it in a serious manner like you do. These are few and far-between. The "daddy's-credit-card sin" comment refers to the class of player who, although aware of how the PVP system works, doesn't particularly care as long as he can drop a couple thousand dollars on +12d rank-and-5aps gears and gank people in cube. That's not skill, it's not maturity, and it's not the kind of person I'd care to know. But they are still mutually exclusive from the more intelligent in the competitive community.
    Honestly, why do you even try to come onto advice type threads if you are aiming to be fail? Not that this one had any educational potential to begin with, but, WHY? Why would u come and brag about how you like to be fail and give other archers fail advice on purpose that is just so MEAN. What if this was a better thread and someone actually took ur advice? FFs.
    I've seen plenty of people, archers and non-archers, who roll with gear that's of a similar caliber to mine (though not necessarily with the same shards - that one was my decision). Are they fail? I wouldn't say so... not because of their gear, at any rate. But people on this board would call them fail, and they would call me fail if I dispensed advice which was tailored to them. And you have the audacity to call me "mean?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
    edited October 2011
    My attitude is, don't confuse people with a heap of endgame perfection dogmas.

Mana shard? GTFO.
    50 Vit? GTFO.
    Won't get r8? GTFO.
    No APS gear? GTFO.
    Go sage for a reason other than the ability to go 5aps without spark? GTFO.

So much of this community is locked into one way of doing things, and when anyone posts something that isn't along the same lines, it's suddenly blasphemy. I put a citrine in one of my weapons and OH MY GOD, it's like I'm poisoning the newbies' minds telling them to put 300 points in Magic and shard Sapphires into their weps.

These ways are common because they are better than many other paths.
    I've seen plenty of people, archers and non-archers, who roll with gear that's of a similar caliber to mine (though not necessarily with the same shards - that one was my decision). Are they fail? I wouldn't say so... not because of their gear, at any rate. But people on this board would call them fail, and they would call me fail if I dispensed advice which was tailored to them. And you have the audacity to call me "mean?"

Dont mistake a work in progress with something like your manner of playing/gearing up. You state yourself that you reject many beneficial things based on principle alone. Many archers who want advice probably want advice that will help them stay competitive in the current game environment. If I were you I would not assume my advice is welcome or wanted unless it is explicitly stated that said baby archer wants **** advice/advice on how to suck/anti-pro advice, etc. whatever you would call it. Want an example? It's like me going to the barb forums and telling them to shard evasion because I wanna be different than all those losers with hp/def/useful shards.
    5 char
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Your 90 gear from 2.5 years ago could've lasted you through almost any endgame situation today (except maybe for the buffed TT3-3), and so it will be for anyone else with such gear. You never needed rank, you never needed aps, you never needed ridiculously high refines, and neither does anyone else.

Yea... there are a lot things in life that I don't need. Just like I don't need a car... but yet I have one. I don't need a motorcycle... yet I also have one. I don't need more then maybe two sets of clothing... and yet I have more. I don't need r9... but I do have. I don't need a charm... and yet I am 99.9% charmed. I guess I am used to the "finer comforts" in life... which coincidentally also makes my life much more enjoyable. If I am only going off what I need... I'll be a no-name archer walking around in my TT90s... and a bum living in a shelter with 50 other bums.

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011

Saying that you just like sucking doesn't change the fact that it sucks. I can read your sig just fine, but nowhere do I find a reason to not speak my mind about it.

Just want to put it out there... my "bow" is still bigger.

:(
    Maybe she was talking about gearing and playing in ways that would help one to fulfill their role as an archer as best as they can and remain competitive with other archers, rather than trying to be fail for the sake of being fail/different/anti-pro/whatever.

And 105's greatest value is the genie, the affinities, imho. That genie is going to have 5 extra affinities, it's really nice if you ask me. But you probably dont even use a genie.

Thank you. And yes the levels are nice for the genies. Not that Miugre would agree since the only skill he needs on his genie is probably holy path.

@Eden: Kiyoshi doesn't cash shop. Your reading failed somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Saying that you just like sucking doesn't change the fact that it sucks. I can read your sig just fine, but nowhere do I find a reason to not speak my mind about it.

I just realize that there are some nice parallels between real life and pwi... mainly the type/groups of people.

1. The trust fund baby - These are the people who will swipe their card for zen whenever they wanted anything in game. Not that there is anything wrong with this... a good number of them are even top notch players. While admittedly... there is a portion of this group that does not take full advantage of the capability of their gear. Nevertheless.. anyone in this group can be a formidable adversary.
    Kiyo's thought: I don't give a **** how he gets that +12 r9... its f-ing gonna hurt just the same.

2. The self-made man - These people might or might not charge zen. Those that do charge... never charge at the scale of the trust fund baby. They make most of their wealth through various outlets build into the game. While a few of these would have gear that parallel to trust fund babies... the majority of them will have comparable gear. These people more or less knows the full extent of their gear potential.
    Kiyo's thought: Oh f-. This BM actually stuns me instead of spark and regular.

3. The masses - Much like the self-made man... these population does not charge much in terms of zen. Their gear is passable by most standards, but generally never amount to anything top notch. Their population tend to make up the backbone of the player base.
    Kiyo's thought: Oh ****. This random archer has a harem of venos as backup. F-... I am armor and mind broken... amped... cursed... genie amped... sealed... binded... stuned... bleeded... purged... charms on cool down... genie on cool down... apoc on cool down... pots on cool down... out of arrows... bow broken.

4. The suffering artist - While they would like to have you think they are suffering for their principles (as oppose to their art in life)... they are just leecher of society. To them... anything anti-mainstream is the new black. Needless to say... nothing really comes to them in terms of respect from the mainstream population. And they tend to do the bare minimum to survive and only achieve the bare minimum.
    Kiyo's thought: Go go big toe... it's time for you to shine.

• Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This thread is still going strong? Strange o.O

I quit game and come to lurk the forums during FW maintenance and lo and behold, same old same old.

@Kiyoshi: That veno line is solid gold, ijs.

On topic:

PWI is boring and unskilled for the most part. It is like an MMO on easy mode. Cultivation matters very little. Skill matters very little. It is primarily gear and farming based...ijs.

@Myself: How did I even attempt to semi-defend Miugre weeks ago? Blatant disregard for advice? Check. Trash gears? Check. Lvl 90 pretending to be lvl 100? Check. Was my DD better with a Broadland+5? Check. I'm not sure how delta could be doable for him, let alone any of the other BHs...IF I still played I think I would enact a weapon requirement, at least for other archers x,x.

@Asterelle: If you find information on ring engraving I'll relog and test it out, take screens and update my guide. Just leave a comment on the thread for me if you feel like it. I sincerely doubt I will be playing much anymore since I have had no desire to log it since trying FW. Perhaps when r8 recast does finally come out :P.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
    edited October 2011
    This thread is still going strong? Strange o.O

I quit game and come to lurk the forums during FW maintenance and lo and behold, same old same old.

@Kiyoshi: That veno line is solid gold, ijs.

On topic:

PWI is boring and unskilled for the most part. It is like an MMO on easy mode. Cultivation matters very little. Skill matters very little. It is primarily gear and farming based...ijs.

@Myself: How did I even attempt to semi-defend Miugre weeks ago? Blatant disregard for advice? Check. Trash gears? Check. Lvl 90 pretending to be lvl 100? Check. Was my DD better with a Broadland+5? Check. I'm not sure how delta could be doable for him, let alone any of the other BHs...IF I still played I think I would enact a weapon requirement, at least for other archers x,x.

@Asterelle: If you find information on ring engraving I'll relog and test it out, take screens and update my guide. Just leave a comment on the thread for me if you feel like it. I sincerely doubt I will be playing much anymore since I have had no desire to log it since trying FW. Perhaps when r8 recast does finally come out :P.

O.o
    GL in FW

Although Tbh that game took longer for me to install than it did more me to get conclude that it was ****. To each his own I suppose. Although the midgets are somewhat appealing, just because I mean come on it's a midget with a gun O.O
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    O.o
    GL in FW

Although Tbh that game took longer for me to install than it did more me to get conclude that it was ****. To each his own I suppose. Although the midgets are somewhat appealing, just because I mean come on it's a midget with a gun O.O

I kind of like it just because it is more skill based. I'm playing a bard and I have to constantly keep my buffs twisting so, thats kind of nice I suppose. It does mean that fails are even harder fails than in PWI though, if that is possible x,x. And yeah, my gf picked an MM, its pretty hax.

And I'll still be around occasionally to lurk stuff probably purely from habit. It just took me playing another game to realize game is dead. Maybe I'll be back eventually, who knows? :P
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Oh, naturally. It's just, y'know, completely misinterpreting what it says isn't so much "speaking your mind" as it is making whatever assumptions fit your opinion best. Your genie comment is another shining example of this - I happen to have two genies that I use extensively for different purposes, and am working on a third. You could've easily seen one of them the other day if you'd have bothered to actually look at my gear rather than just nerdrage at the sight of my citrine. But no, that's too much work, let's just extrapolate from that citrine and say that Miug has 300 magic, disavows bows, molests small animals and worships satan.

That's what they call politician logic. >_>

Yea... there are a lot things in life that I don't need. Just like I don't need a car... but yet I have one. I don't need a motorcycle... yet I also have one. I don't need more then maybe two sets of clothing... and yet I have more. I don't need r9... but I do have. I don't need a charm... and yet I am 99.9% charmed. I guess I am used to the "finer comforts" in life... which coincidentally also makes my life much more enjoyable. If I am only going off what I need... I'll be a no-name archer walking around in my TT90s... and a bum living in a shelter with 50 other bums.
    So you'd compare having r9 to having a car? Hah. No... a car and a decent amount of clothes are less comparable to r9, and more comparable to walking around the overworld without a weapon, killing everything unarmed. You can do it, but life's gonna be a hell of a lot harder for it. If r9 were a car, it'd be the sports car that nobody needs and that basically exists as a cry for attention from its owner.

These ways are common because they are better than many other paths.
    Dont mistake a work in progress with something like your manner of playing/gearing up. You state yourself that you reject many beneficial things based on principle alone. Many archers who want advice probably want advice that will help them stay competitive in the current game environment. If I were you I would not assume my advice is welcome or wanted unless it is explicitly stated that said baby archer wants **** advice/advice on how to suck/anti-pro advice, etc. whatever you would call it. Want an example? It's like me going to the barb forums and telling them to shard evasion because I wanna be different than all those losers with hp/def/useful shards.
    Look, I get it, okay? You're worried about the newbies or whatever. You're worried that some impressionable mind is gonna see what I do and copy that rather than what you do. But y'know, it's not like these kids can't look at a number on a pair of weapons and determine which one is higher. It's not hard to look around on any major server and find out what others are using. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a r8 archer in Archosaur.

So usually when I post in a thread about, say, weapon choices... I try to be the devil's advocate against the standard. I'm the one who's telling the newbie, yes, you can roll with tt99 and not suck. It's all up to their personal choices. Although I do personally wish fewer people would get r8, it's still a choice that's accessible to the masses (for better or worse) and many people are going to make conscious decisions to use it. I know that. -_-

But meanwhile I'm over here worrying about the newbs myself. I'm worried about the death of individuality, the death of experimentation. And don't tell me these people don't exist. I've met BMs who only use polearms. I've met casters who make LA builds work, and I've met archers who make arcane armor work. I know a guy with a veno who only uses wolves as pets. Why? Who cares? That's his character. And he makes it work. Just the other day I met a BM who told me he doesn't use aps gear because it's "overused." He voluntarily uses a tt99 fist (among other interesting weps) and claims that's all he'll ever need, and I believe him. The game has so many possibilities when you don't resign yourself to the three or four accepted standards of "competitiveness" or "efficiency."

Who are you to tell these people that they suck? "Being anti-pro" isn't about doing stupid things for attention. It's about saying "I feel like putting some dex on my Barb / using swords on my BM / taming a rhinodrake on my veno, and if anyone has a problem with that, they need to lighten the hell up."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters: