[Breaking News] Secret Passage Being Reverted

Options

Comments

• Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nice start.
    Not enough to make me want to spend money here again, but a nice start.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wonder if that had anything to do with playing the game on easy ( read Credit Card ) mode?

b:shutup Don't give away the secret of all the lvl 105s and +12 gear b:shutup

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Darqueanisa - Raging Tide
    Darqueanisa - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sounds nice...but I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Jeigo - Dreamweaver
    Jeigo - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I thought this was a troll post until I saw Frankie's avatar. I'm surprised and impressed. Thank you for listening and putting up with our angry and sometimes over-the-line comments (it's still just a game, people). While I'm glad it's getting fixed, there's something bugging me.

The problem, that I'm thankful is being rectified, did show another problem: PvPers also have a need for a safe place to just do their thing. Sure, there's TW, Theatre, and a bunch of other PvP events, but those have schedules and honestly, there's nothing to fulfill that daily urge for some consequence-free combat. Sometimes you don't want to sign up for a tournament and buy a bunch of MMA gear when all you want is a little roughhousing with your roommates.

So while I'm really happy Secret Passage is on its way back to being returned to normal, I hope the developers heard the other half of the community, the ones that liked the change. I'm a carebear barb at heart, but I'd hate to get what I want while the 10% PvP minority gets ignored.
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I for one am very glad to hear that this change is coming. THANK GOD. Now I can quest in SP without loosing more xp from being repeatedly pk'd than the quests give. Hoping the change is made sooner rather than later.

Oh and by the way - those high lvl pk'ers that love to jump newbies in SP are NOT the only paying players in this game. I have spent plety on gear and mounts and fliers etc for my toons. Anyone who buys zen is supporting PWI; not just thse who like to bully low level blue name players.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I for one am very glad to hear that this change is coming. THANK GOD. Now I can quest in SP without loosing more xp from being repeatedly pk'd than the quests give. Hoping the change is made sooner rather than later.

I don't think you lost any xp for beeing pk'd... it was just freaking annoying
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I am not sure who keeps propagating this rumour, but you do not lose experience when you are PK'ed.

Oops, ninja'ed :s
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Meaning the devs only take feedback from the players down at china.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Meaning the devs only take feedback from the players down at china.

How do people keep extracting that people in China were even upset about this change? Only thing mentioned about china was they were changing the servers in China first which is what we were told happens on ANY change first before they change the other servers. Frankie never mentioned anything about how China felt about the change. Let's not read more into this then what we are told.
  • Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well once this is done be no more pking in 29 thank God(s)I seen it while i went in there just watching watching low levels getting pk not by 1 player but 2 players attacking 1 player now is this fair i dont think so .

Imagine in real life you get attacked by 2 people have the **** beat out of u would that be fair? Just wondering even thou this is just a game same principle attacking low levels just to make them pissed off at you and do it just because you dont have a heart makes you as a pker a better person?

As i said there was never a issue befor if a party wanted to pk go any where and set up a pk thing like front of archo but i can see where this is going there not happy just pking there friends they want to pk every one have no heart or care in the world thats where a pve server comes in to play I realy dont care about who likes me who dont i wont buy to much gold i think i put enough gold in this game 2 years 5 months worth and im only here to play my toons after i delt with real life issues and yes some of us have a real life.So if they change it back why not change black list make it unlimited what i understand is u can only block up to 20 people.And maybe change world chat a option to block it most dont want to see the insults,swearing sex talk,talking about killing others,making fun of people grammar.

Iam happy to see that maybe they realize it was a bad idea to allow pking in there maybe not who knows
  • Autumn_Hope - Archosaur
    Autumn_Hope - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    .......The problem, that I'm thankful is being rectified, did show another problem: PvPers also have a need for a safe place to just do their thing. Sure, there's TW, Theatre, and a bunch of other PvP events, but those have schedules and honestly, there's nothing to fulfill that daily urge for some consequence-free combat. Sometimes you don't want to sign up for a tournament and buy a bunch of MMA gear when all you want is a little roughhousing with your roommates.

I agree, I wouldn't mind an area, that by choice presented a pvp challenge without the risk of losing gear, yet offered some small token to draw you to the area. However, it needs to be an area that isn't associated with quests or low levels needing to access.

This would give players who have never pvp'd just a taste of what it is like by choice and not by force. Although you can't please all the people all the time, I do not see any harm in a pvp area on the pve servers if some actual thought went into it.

Now in reply to the original Post: 1 small step for us....1 giant step for PW. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raging Tides - MorningStar_ lvl 7x cleric
    Dreamweaver - Autumn_Hope lvl 8x Cleric
    Arch-Autumn_Hope (Band of Brothers Leader) - lvl 9x Cleric

Silly people keep proving my theory correct.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    frankie please get us the arenas for PvP use! b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Kanetsidohi - Archosaur
    Kanetsidohi - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Someone mentioned getting killed by two players.

My lvl 50 barb was killed twice, trying to help someone. On one of the screenshots says i was killed by ***, and by ***! So two pkers were attacking me at the same time, and both killed me? How is that even possible??? b:puzzled

My very first char was on Lost City, I spent my days gringind alone for days, never seeing a soul. Then I got to be lvl 30, and understood why it was! b:laugh
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ohhh snap! I thought I was gonna have a good excuse to play my other games that have been piling up, but wow... this was faster than expected. Thank you for listening to us!
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    frankie please get us the arenas for PvP use! b:sad

This. b:surrender

I'm happy for those who hate pvp (they chose a pve server for a reason) but i'm also sad, because it seemed to be the perfect place to have some pvp fun without worries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Gia_onna - Archosaur
    Gia_onna - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well, thank goodness, someone was listening. The situation was intolerable.

I look forward to a return of the no pking rule in SP shortly and hope that this will also direct effort by devs to make the arena a workable pk area for those who wish to sharpen their PvP combat skills; preferably w/out penalty of gear drop. There is always PK mode for this.

Cheers b:pleased
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This. b:surrender

I'm happy for those who hate pvp (they chose a pve server for a reason) but i'm also sad, because it seemed to be the perfect place to bully low levels without worries.

Fixed.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Good to hear that the complaints actually worked for once. Now then, if only the developers would be so nice as to put in a pvp arena somewhere that acts like secret passage did with the pvp. This time with no quests nor monsters in it.

Oh, and multiple entrances so safe zone camping isn't possible.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    How do people keep extracting that people in China were even upset about this change? Only thing mentioned about china was they were changing the servers in China first which is what we were told happens on ANY change first before they change the other servers. Frankie never mentioned anything about how China felt about the change. Let's not read more into this then what we are told.

And you think that PW reacted to the PWE customers before it's Chinese customers. I think someone is honestly selling a bridge to connect Manhattan and Brooklyn. Go get it b:chuckle

It is much more likely that the people playing the original PW were unhappy and the change will trickle back to our translated version which has no control over what they do.
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Due to the extremely negative feedback about the recent change to Secret Passage, the developers have agreed to revert it to its original state - the way that it was before the change.

From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the matter :)
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Good to hear that the complaints actually worked for once. Now then, if only the developers would be so nice as to put in a pvp arena somewhere that acts like secret passage did with the pvp. This time with no quests nor monsters in it.

Oh, and multiple entrances so safe zone camping isn't possible.

A designed for PVP area with multiple entrances would be a great idea. Those entrances should be in small safe zones so people are not killed before the notorious lag of PWE lets them see inside the instance. Another favorite tactic these people have been using (other than getting ppl 1/3 their lvl) is to kill people who are not quite in the instance yet or able to defend themselves. The bullies only appear to enjoy fighting people who can not fight back and are afraid of a fair fight.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wow PWI listening to players?,what Im dreaming?,is world going to end?,someone wake me now,this can't be true b:infuriated
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Another soon..... b:shocked

Yup, every time a gm/mod says soon on here i think of a scene from spaceballs..
    Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
    Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
    Dark Helmet: Go back to then.
    Colonel Sandurz: When?
    Dark Helmet: Now.
    Colonel Sandurz: Now?
    Dark Helmet: Now.
    Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
    Dark Helmet: Why?
    Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
    Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
    Colonel Sandurz: Soon.
    Dark Helmet with a blank confused stare: How soon?

Leaves you confused and wondering forever..
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm happy for those who hate pvp (they chose a pve server for a reason) but i'm also sad, because it seemed to be the perfect place to have some pvp fun without worries.

+1

A PvP area with the same sort of set up like SP was would make many happy.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I loved the new SP, but I agree it should be moved. I'm a carebear but I've found myself being logged in for hours on end just pking against Enrage and Drakon, and having a blast.
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We warned those on Archosaur in SP not to attack our guild members, then they did, they even chased them out. We took in 4 players and wiped out the PVPers. We told them, "Do it again, and next time, it'll be our whole guild that comes in."
  • ashuraback
    ashuraback Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You say that like our feedback actually means something.
    You whine, they do nothing, you whine that they don't listen to you.
    You whine, they do something, you whine some more.

Yeesh, some people can never be pleased. b:laugh
  • ShannyChan - Raging Tide
    ShannyChan - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks for all who made this happen...Appreciate it so much...b:kiss
    Hope the soon is very soon...b:chuckle

And please make a place for those who wanna kill others without dropping anything when they die...and for those blue names who wanna kill others but never switch to PK mode because they are afraid of real PKers...So they can have fun...

Thanks for those who had been protecting other players in SP...You guys are heros...
    Yeah,we carebears just like to fight the mobs and bosses...That's why we are blue names on a PvE server...b:cute

Oh,one more thing.
    I'd been trying to search in WanMei's forum to see if they mention anything about the same problem but didn't see any thread related.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To the people who were genuinely hoping to have a consequence-free PK arena: I wish you luck in getting it, as long as it doesn't drop us back in the same boat.

Well, except for those of you who unapologetically defended the cruel PKing of lowbies in the other thread. That bunch can just ragequit and take their epeens with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    At least change is going to happen due the Chinese community opinion and not by the rubbish posted on this forums. A big LOL to our crying carebears b:laugh

So we need keep enjoying SP PVP until is reverted and I hope they only do that when new pvp instance is ready.

I know that most carebears just want keep ppl away from pvp/fun so all can be bored to death and admire their new mounts an fashion in Archosaur, but SP as it is now is the only place where you have the same conditions to practice PVP as was done in PWIC, and I bet that lot's of pvpers in all servers want to be ready for next year.

All the QQ posted on anti-SP topics doesn't reflect the community opinion, only the bored carebears have time to spend all day in forum, rest of us are having fun in game pking other players :P
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)