PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity."

Umm I thought TW was for this on PvE servers and the white name button and dragon temple race and PvP servers, but if thats not enough what about setting up a method to move their chars to a PvP server if they are so keen.
    I will vote with my RL money and spend less on doing something that is suddenly not so fun and more on other things that gives me pleasure.
    I have spent 2 years and no small amout of money to get too 100 and was rdy to spend more to get rank gear now i am not in such a hurry and i bet i am not alone.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i'v put a lot of effort and almost 3 years into this game as well but still if i got as unhappy with this game as much as i do love it i would leave.A game is not worth acting like the world is ending no matter how long you played it. Seriously it would be like if some kid was throwing a tantrum cause he got a high rank on his Halo account on his Xbox360 and then Halo did something to make it easier for him to die or make it easier for people to reach his level most people complaining here would call him immature and childish.

i know some one will come back with but i spent $100's of dollars on this game i deserve to be happy but lets also face it some one can spend just as much on an xbox account and expect the same thing.

@Salek: no offense to you mate but people who act like them saying "i'm not spending another cent" will actually effect PWI. trust me they are still going to end up making a profit even if you decide to stop charging
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i'v put a lot of effort and almost 3 years into this game as well but still if i got as unhappy with this game as much as i do love it i would leave.A game is not worth acting like the world is ending no matter how long you played it. Seriously it would be like if some kid was throwing a tantrum cause he got a high rank on his Halo account on his Xbox360 and then Halo did something to make it easier for him to die or make it easier for people to reach his level most people complaining here would call him immature and childish.

i know some one will come back with but i spent $100's of dollars on this game i deserve to be happy but lets also face it some one can spend just as much on an xbox account and expect the same thing.

@Salek: no offense to you mate but people who act like them saying "i'm not spending another cent" will actually effect PWI. trust me they are still going to end up making a profit even if you decide to stop charging

At 51 years of age I know this.
    And i did not say I would stop playing or stop spending money just not as much and not as fast I will continue to play, Please do not read what is not written into my words
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

The only point i understood was that people are different. Some leave and some try to make a change. For themself or the game in general.

I dont understand your other points though. I dont see how they relate to the problem at hand here. Personally i think the change damage the game in the long run. It is good to have a pk instance like this but Secret Passage is not the right place for it as it hurts new players and prohibits older players to helping the new players with some game play that usually takes teams to be accomplished.

I do not have any hope of Frankie trying to do anything for the players but hopefully he can at least keep his word and let the chinese people know about it so they can fix it. It seems like the chinese at least care.

They can fix Secret Passage and make some other more appropiate instance PK enabled.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I sat down with a bag of popcorn and a glass of apple juice and spent 25 minutes laughing at how QQ everyone is over this tiny change. I was in sp today do you know who was there? 3 lowbies running through the cave killing mobs in the way to the gate. Do you know who was killing them? No one they were busy killing each other.Actually someone broke out of the pvp to help them clear. So all of the QQPWISDEAD nonsense is just so funny!

So at 1am server time you went there and saw no one on YOUR server... gee... at 7am when you run to the store and dont see any drunk drivers do you think they dont exist and people shouldnt get people to stop drunk driving too? WHAT AN IDIOT!
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Ok, if your job unjustly fires you; please do not get in the unemployment line til you find a new one. That kind of tantrum just isn't tolerated in our world. By the way, those kind of mistakes don't happen on xbox 360 or Halo games. They take better care of their customer base then that. Why do you think FinalFantasy is such a widely used still going after many releases, game? You have to listen to and cater to the needs of the majority of your consumers or your business will die. I mean is it really that bad that people are listing their legitimate complaints over something they feel is unfair? And when did you become the brigade that gets to pick and choose what warrants a complaint in the game? You like the new update, great we are happy for you. So state that and move on, but don't sit here like some self righteous zealot that believes we shouldn't have a say in the matter.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Am I the 0nly 0ne suddenly wishing Sp00ns c0uld returnb:surrender??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • blankmind11
    blankmind11 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yeeeaaahh.....

you might wanna move silver frost. was helping a friend of mine kill it and so ****** ****** comes and kills him b:angry stupid **** why not make a new pk place a new place for high lvls only without having the lower lvls caught in the cross fire.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Umm no, you aren't. Many of us have been wishing that for over a year. At least he didn't pretend everything was ok, and he tried his best to make things right.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok, if your job unjustly fires you; please do not get in the unemployment line til you find a new one. That kind of tantrum just isn't tolerated in our world. By the way, those kind of mistakes don't happen on xbox 360 or Halo games. They take better care of their customer base then that. Why do you think FinalFantasy is such a widely used still going after many releases, game? You have to listen to and cater to the needs of the majority of your consumers or your business will die. I mean is it really that bad that people are listing their legitimate complaints over something they feel is unfair? And when did you become the brigade that gets to pick and choose what warrants a complaint in the game? You like the new update, great we are happy for you. So state that and move on, but don't sit here like some self righteous zealot that believes we shouldn't have a say in the matter.

so its self righteous that we like the update and don't move on but you people that do not like it cause sit here and try to be noticed. i believe that hypocritical. this thread is to relay information to frankie so he can pass it on to the devs i believe every one gets a say, those who like it and those who don't.

and my comment wasnt something i did or would do, personally i dislike the entire halo franchise. As for your comment it does not happen on xbo360 i beg to differ. Gears of War 2 for example, had an achievement to reach rank 100. me and the entire group i played with (about 10 or so guys differing in age) worked hard in Warzone matches to reach that mark.

then guess what, Epic games held different events ranging from 2x exp to 7-8x exp making it easier for people to reach our level and guess what we didn't rage or QQ about it.

The smoke bomb grenade used to knock people to the ground when it exploded making it easier to set up an ambush point or counter campers, guess what Epic Games did, they changed the smoke bomb so it no longer did that causing some maps to be dominated by campers and still we didn't rage or QQ

Finally the Hammerburst was a fairly balanced weapon in relation to fire power and burst speed and still Epic Games went and changed its clip size and damage rate making it more powerful then before and causing laggy matches to have no chance against hosts.

so my fact remains this type of thing happens in almost every type of multiplayer game yet people some times act like this is something only PWI do and its not even PWI's fault its PWC
  • OmegaToth - Harshlands
    OmegaToth - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ty pw for the new SP..its a lot of fun and potential inside..thoooo i really dont understand why not opening the arena instead..and can we have in sadistic glee same conditions plsss?
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well that's neat... Enrage is camping in SP and PKing lvl 40 people because they can. One of their members just told someone that he killed that he might let them pass through to do their quest if he felt like it. Tomorrow they will probably be charging people to pass. :)

Thanks PWI! This is TOTALLY making the game more fun. Not!

Edit: I was planning to charge more zen later today... changed my mind. Congrats. Then again, like PWI cares about potentially losing business from people like me when the people camping in SP right now are the ones willing to dump hundreds (possibly thousands) into the game on a regular basis. It still boggles my mind that people like that still feel the need to kill low levels for ****s and giggles. :)

Do something to fix the problem and maybe I'll consider digging my credit card out of my purse again. There are ways to fix this and make everyone happy at the same time.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ty pw for the new SP..its a lot of fun and potential inside..thoooo i really dont understand why not opening the arena instead..and can we have in sadistic glee same conditions plsss?

i honestly think Secret passage was picked because it was a popular Pk spot in the old days till all the QQing got it banned
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    AHAHAHAHAHA AAAA!!!!

PKers won.

cryers pwned.

enjoy pk freedom.

so, not even word about harrasing noobs. alowed?

50 pages already??

PW just become a little better place.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Are you kidding? I love running SP/FB29 for lowbies all the time. D: Although with the new pk instance thing, i'll be spamming WoG and AD. -__-

Good for you. Two things though - I am not talking about fb29 because I can just port in there, so I will still help with that also. Second, I am not talking about PvP servers. You are already in PK mode, obviously not bothered by it like the PvE players that are arguing here. I have already seen some of the attempts of people to help their friends here, and they don't even make it to the boss, or are killed at the boss if they do manage. On this server, the camping by high level, high-geared people is constant now. I know two people that need Silver Frost and one that has various quests in there, and they can't find anyone to help them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

...did ya wear out your "o" key buying packs, or what?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I can't help a guildie with silver frost!!! That boss is NOT outside to find. There are quests in there which requires a player to dig for an item needed for a quest. Should rethink letting it be allowed because a mistake was made and didn't want to ban a bunch of your paying players for being jackasses and killing lvl 29 low level players who can't even enjoy the game because of them. Those old players will leave one day. Think about the new ones for once! I'm going to keep sending a ticket whenever I have the time until you decide to get off your ***** and do something.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so its self righteous that we like the update and don't move on but you people that do not like it cause sit here and try to be noticed. i believe that hypocritical. this thread is to relay information to frankie so he can pass it on to the devs i believe every one gets a say, those who like it and those who don't.

and my comment wasnt something i did or would do, personally i dislike the entire halo franchise. As for your comment it does not happen on xbo360 i beg to differ. Gears of War 2 for example, had an achievement to reach rank 100. me and the entire group i played with (about 10 or so guys differing in age) worked hard in Warzone matches to reach that mark.

then guess what, Epic games held different events ranging from 2x exp to 7-8x exp making it easier for people to reach our level and guess what we didn't rage or QQ about it.

The smoke bomb grenade used to knock people to the ground when it exploded making it easier to set up an ambush point or counter campers, guess what Epic Games did, they changed the smoke bomb so it no longer did that causing some maps to be dominated by campers and still we didn't rage or QQ

Finally the Hammerburst was a fairly balanced weapon in relation to fire power and burst speed and still Epic Games went and changed its clip size and damage rate making it more powerful then before and causing laggy matches to have no chance against hosts.

so my fact remains this type of thing happens in almost every type of multiplayer game yet people some times act like this is something only PWI do and its not even PWI's fault its PWC

What is idiotic is YOUR choice to PVP isnt FORCED upon you. Anyone who wishes to follow the quest chains on a PVE server are now forced into PVP. You made a choice to pvp and by the definition PVE does not force players to PVP. Most of us didnt QQ when you got to power level in FC or abuse the glitch to get over 100 easy or FORCE you to PVE when you wanted to PK. We are glad you like it. I have no problem with you stating you like it but the lame excuses in favor of the new change does not hold up to the rest of us with legitimate reasons for not approving. Until you are FORCED into doing only PVE.... you have little to complain about here. So we got your approval.... now stop trying to do the same attention getting ranting as you claim we are doing because no one is FORCING you into doing ONLY pve.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    AHAHAHAHAHA AAAA!!!!

PKers won.

cryers pwned.

enjoy pk freedom.

so, not even word about harrasing noobs. alowed?

50 pages already??

PW just become a little better place.

Hahaha PWI will become better when you get back to 2nd grade.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    What is idiotic is YOUR choice to PVP isnt FORCED upon you. Anyone who wishes to follow the quest chains on a PVE server are now forced into PVP. You made a choice to pvp and by the definition PVE does not force players to PVP. Most of us didnt QQ when you got to power level in FC or abuse the glitch to get over 100 easy or FORCE you to PVE when you wanted to PK. We are glad you like it. I have no problem with you stating you like it but the lame excuses in favor of the new change does not hold up to the rest of us with legitimate reasons for not approving. Until you are FORCED into doing only PVE.... you have little to complain about here. So we got your approval.... now stop trying to do the same attention getting ranting as you claim we are doing because no one is FORCING you into doing ONLY pve.

Lol at you trying to use the Pve/Pvp argument. the blue names on Pvp Sever are exactly like the blue names on the Pve Server neither signed up to pvp till Level 30 the only difference is pve get a choice. so in your Opinion a lvl 20 blue name on Lost city can not QQ about being 1 shotted by lvl 100s but a 20 on Heavens Tear can cry all they want
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol at you trying to use the Pve/Pvp argument. the blue names on Pvp Sever are exactly like the blue names on the Pve Server neither signed up to pvp till Level 30 the only difference is pve get a choice. so in your Opinion a lvl 20 blue name on Lost city can not QQ about being 1 shotted by lvl 100s but a 20 on Heavens Tear can cry all they want

Did they CHOOSE to roll on a PVP server? Dont players on PVP servers CHOOSE to PVP and look for the thrill of someone lurking around the corner? Not near the complaints from people on PVP servers to the change are there? Hmmm could it be they expect PVP and desire it as they have rolled on a PVP server? Argument still lost by you.
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i'd be willing to bet that if they move pvp out of sp into it's own instance that pvp on heaven's tear would fall by 50% or more, because that's not what most of them want. they want to stroke their e-peen against someone 70 lvls lower than them rather than go 1 on 1 against someone who might actually have a chance. they are bullies and cowards trying to justify their action because it's "allowed". that doesn't make it right and it's surely not honorable.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Did they CHOOSE to roll on a PVP server? Dont players on PVP servers CHOOSE to PVP and look for the thrill of someone lurking around the corner? Not near the complaints from people on PVP servers to the change are there? Hmmm could it be they expect PVP and desire it as they have rolled on a PVP server? Argument still lost by you.

you roll a Pvp server to expect to be Pked at lvl 30+ not lower, as i stated once before no blue name deserves to be pk'ed pvp or pve server. And you don't hear complaints from Pvp servers because guess what We dont have people camping Sp, thats a childish act your server is doing
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i'd be willing to bet that if they move pvp out of sp into it's own instance that pvp on heaven's tear would fall by 50% or more, because that's not what most of them want. they want to stroke their e-peen against someone 70 lvls lower than them rather than go 1 on 1 against someone who might actually have a chance. they are bullies and cowards trying to justify their action because it's "allowed".

that seems to be about the sum of it, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just a quick question : why don't you make another instance just for PvP ?
    Why is there the need to use SP, a low level instance, to be the place for high-level's PvP fights ? Even more on PvE servers, where nobody that isn't in a TW faction really gives a damn about PvP....
    Anyway, nice to have a clear notice on that, ty Frankie.
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • Siah - Heavens Tear
    Siah - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    In all seriousness, PW just gets worse and worse.
    The decision-making is shoddy at best with regards to game play direction. I come back to PWI after almost a year and some old issues are resolved. But now we get this bull**** about pk in SP on blue names!?

If the devs can't translate the Chinese programming then what the **** is the CS paying for!? Now, the players have to have a workaround to simply have access to all areas of the game? Rubbish!

And as for moderators calling people trolls and attacking them personally instead of their arguments/points of view... thank your gods I'm not an admin on here or you'd have a perma-ban on your noob arses! Your customers have a right to be upset with game-breaking decisions. And they have a right to voice their displeasure! Despite their lack of eloquence!

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, so here's mine. PWI needs to decide if they can actually take on the responsibility of PvE realms, if not then GTFO! Stop breaking the damn game and either disallow certain code or simply delete the bloody thing! We don't need excuses about how 'we', the players, can fix this and work around it... the majority of the posters dislike the idea so get rid of it. Use Google Translate and find the damn mess and hit delete! Do your jobs, Devs!
  • kondors
    kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Quote:

StormChimera:

Originally Posted by StormChimera - Lost City

Firstly.. YOU believe everyone has had a say?? How many players are there in existence atm?

Thats right.. you have no clue idiot.

Secondly.. How many of those players approve /disapprove?

Oh yes, thats right ... you DO NOT KNOW!!!

WE need a poll... BEFORE changes are implemented. Simple.. Community Manager is such a misnomer.. the community is NOT managed ina any respect.

They are not consulted, informed respected or on most occasions even considered.

Question... The lazy idle ridiculous "developers" created a replica of FB19 instance and added it and called the place Phoenix Valley

Why cant they replicate SP and call it something else to allow all the children with one hand in their parents pocket grabbing their credit cards to go and kill each other... and good riddance to you all.

There are several solutions to appease all... but the primary fact that people are missing is..

No one knows what the community in general wants because... NO ONE ASKS US.

As for your ill thought out rubbish about it not being PWE's fault because it was down to the chinese developers.. It's ridiculous.. No one forced PWE to accept / implement the changes without consultation.

PWE chose to go with the flow because they are too idle to do anything of their own volition.

When Ford produce a vehicle and ship it dealerships for selling to customers, and then Ford say.. the vehicle is going to be only available in pink from here onwards.. the dealership has an option to say.. our customers dont want the pink ones.. so either ship us more in black or we will get them resprayed to black to satisfy our market thanks.

The forums are run and "administrated" and managed by (at the top end anyway) by people who are in the employ of the Company.

It isnt in their interest to rock the boat.. in fact quite the reverse.. they are "yes men" who do what they are told.. fob off customers with platitudes and feigned concern.

START THE POLLS...PUBLISH THE REPORTED ERRORS...NAME THE GM's

provide for your customers..speculation on forums and arguments about how many people want this or that thing are helping no one.

Canvass and publish... find the data and let the consumers see it.

Until you do this you will always have large sections of unhappy people.. and who can blame any of them..

YOU show no interest in what people want from your joke of a service.

Finally.. I will bet you Frankie.. that no matter what people's opinion on this particular topic..

If you ran ONE poll to see if people agree with me that there should be polls before changes..I will bet you that in excess of 90% of people who vote will agree with me.

Take the challenge... if you have the guts.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you roll a Pvp server to expect to be Pked at lvl 30+ not lower, as i stated once before no blue name deserves to be pk'ed pvp or pve server. And you don't hear complaints from Pvp servers because guess what We dont have people camping Sp, thats a childish act your server is doing

Now we have something to agree on... it IS childish but now cause some developer screwed up the code and China wont admit the error those of us who CHOOSE not to pvp are forced to either PVP or follow the reasoning of You just dont need those quests done. But its stupid of someone to come on here and say just because people are angry at their change we should not bother to complain OR we have no reason to complain is idiotic. I have a BIG issue with people on forums who claim someone who joins in a complaint about a change is just dismissed as having no merit. So far those who agree with the change have produced ZERO to those of us who joined this game on a PVE server that this change is wanted by the majority and should remain as it clearly disrupts game play at the hands of CHILDISH players who are not brave enough to roll on a PVP server.

Would you like it if the game changed all pvp servers to no longer allowing PVP?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Now we have something to agree on... it IS childish but now cause some developer screwed up the code and China wont admit the error those of us who CHOOSE not to pvp are forced to either PVP or follow the reasoning of You just dont need those quests done. But its stupid of someone to come on here and say just because people are angry at their change we should not bother to complain OR we have no reason to complain is idiotic. I have a BIG issue with people on forums who claim someone who joins in a complaint about a change is just dismissed as having no merit. So far those who agree with the change have produced ZERO to those of us who joined this game on a PVE server that this change is wanted by the majority and should remain as it clearly disrupts game play at the hands of CHILDISH players who are not brave enough to roll on a PVP server.

Would you like it if the game changed all pvp servers to no longer allowing PVP?

there is basicly no pvp any more on pvp servers any more any way so i doubt it would be a big impact
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kondors wrote: »
    Stuff

i never said every one has had there say in fact there will never be a time where every one will have their say because

1) not every one reads the forum

2) not every one can read or type english

what i said is that to turn around and say its self righteous for people to voice their enjoyment for this change and they should just leave the thread but allow people to voice their dislikement for it and stay here doing it over and over again.

this is a discussion about the change and as a discussion i believe every one should be able to voice their opinion not just the ones who want to complain
This discussion has been closed.