PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Man I've said it many times why PK servers are more empty, and I'll say it again. PvP servers have more competitive players. Players who compete with each other directly straight out of lvl 30. They are the players that play and charge the hardest. PWI's sales had the greatest impact on PvP servers. They're more affected by changes such as Jone's, R9, etc. Players that compete and care do not sit well with PWI.

Different priorities is all it is.

Precisely - DIFFERENT PRIORITIES

PKrs should stay on PvP servers.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Actually there is: Don't go in.

Why? Why should they? They have quests in there, the PKers, don't.

There should be a Drop free PK area in this game, but why do it on the expense of new players, or low level characters?
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    QQ

I'll be camping blue names in sp, catch me if you can tah! ;P
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    You may have a point about the cave but I'd have to scope it out sometime before I agree with it.

The only thing I remember about it was that it is a really far away place with a confusing incorrectly oriented map.

They just need to activate the Arena that is already in every city. Flip a couple of programming switches, recompile, done.

Video of 2008 Arena
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Actually there is: Don't go in.

There's another way, turn PK off
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    From now on you need to tell the lower levels that PWI doesnt like people who do quests or learn how to play their class. They need to PAY for their levels and level up using real money or PWI will make sure their gaming is a painful experience.

Also PVE server actually means PVP server starting now

++ AGREED very nicely stated
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    You may have a point about the cave but I'd have to scope it out sometime before I agree with it.

The only thing I remember about it was that it is a really far away place with a confusing incorrectly oriented map.

Imagine how confusing the SP map will be when the new player gets pk'ed in the first room.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Also ban pk at west gate and secret pool, you need mobs in those areas for culti. Then ban pvp on top of the heavens tear you need to talk to the guy up there, then ban pvp in the swamps, theres lots of quests there to. Oh, can you just ban pvp everywhere? I'm pretty sure there are quests there.

I was lvl 95 for a year.

I level'd the way pro wishess did, oracle IX
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1176031

i don't care if you cheat or not, but everyone will think you did cause of another 'glitch' they won't fix or enforce the rules against doing.

those other places don't affect pve players on pve servers. the **** hitting the fan all over is blue named and under lvl thirty players can and almost always are being ganked.

would those players go near enough to npc mobs that much higher than them? no, never. would one of those mobs stealth and consciously find you while in a boss battle that was already hard to find help with just to **** you over?? no.

pve players aren't set up to pk. and, more importantly, THEY DON'T WANT TO. pk servers aren't more polite. the bullies just don't want to be stalked by someone (or someone's faction or friends) looking for some payback for that totally ****ed up and ****ty scenario.

b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You make a good point but I have been through those levels and there is not much PVE gameplay in SP. I don't think there is enough in there to be worth defending. You don't even need to go through SP to get to fb29 and there is nothing in there required for culti until you get to OHT.

Maybe people are being immature with this new area and the griefing will quiet down in a few days?

As for the idea to move it to the Cave, to tell the truth I've forgotten what the cave looks like so I'm not even sure if it will be suitable. Does it even have a safe zone at the entrance? Where do you respawn...

There is a LOT of content in SP, whether or not you find it valuable is beside the point. A lot of players enjoy the experience of actually playing the game. I have no idea why this is such a difficult concept for people to grasp.

Re: Sadistic Glee, yes there's a safe zone. Yes there are mobs. Yes there are hallways and passage ways. Since I have zero interest in PvP I have no idea whether it will be suitable, and I honestly don't care, I'll leave that to people who care about such things.

I DO care that SP is entirely UNsuitable as a PvP playground on a PvE server.
  • Dess - Heavens Tear
    Dess - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    buffnuts wrote: »
    There's another way, turn PK off

The PvP Zone in SP affects EVERYONE, even blue named chars.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    I don't know man I totally just walked past on my 6x BM and nothing happened. Gonna come again tomm zzzz

but I never thought people would argue with me on how care bear Sanct is.

People in white used to duel at west arch. That's how tea party it is.

It's a PVE server it should be completely PK free for blue names. I don't give a **** about free-for-all pvp if it's not in a required location for quests. The only people who like it in SP are pk'ers too lazy to fly farther if it's moved and people who like to gank the lowbies. If they move it to an Arena, Cave of Sadistic Glee or a third area where quests aren't located OR move all the quest mob/bosses out of SP and make the illusion stone for 29 free, then i won't care a bit whether there is blue name pk or not.
    The PvP Zone in SP affects EVERYONE, even blue named chars.

I was replying to Asterelle's argument that pve'ers don't need to go in SP. Turning off the pvp in SP is another option.
  • xnms
    xnms Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    buffnuts wrote: »
    I was replying to Asterelle's argument that pve'ers don't need to go in SP. Turning off the pvp in SP is another option.

it is not an option, turning it off does not stop you from being killed by some level 100 toon
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'd have to disagree on the PvE importance of SP but ya I do agree it is wrong to prevent low levels from doing quests on a PVE server, even if they are not required.

Still maybe there are other ways to limit the griefing? I'm just hoping the griefing is a transient problem that will go away once the servers mature a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Requests are welcomed, orders are not. Please remember this.b:bye

And I'm going to side with the part of the community that believes that this kind of change should be implemented, but in a different location. We shouldn't be encouraging hyper-FC'ed characters, but rather players who play through the game for the quests.

TY Kritty I fully agree with what you and Shelly have been saying, you guys are actually listening to the community...b:victory

• chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011
    you guys are actually listening to the community...b:victory

We are part of it, of course we would.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    I'd have to disagree on the PvE importance of SP but ya I do agree it is wrong to prevent low levels from doing quests on a PVE server, even if they are not required.

Still maybe there are other ways to limit the griefing? I'm just hoping the griefing is a transient problem that will go away once the servers mature a bit.

should 'go away' when the players leave. i would have had this happened with my first couple of characters. i might anyway, regardless of time and money spent. not much funness factor left here, really.
  • Xanobeast - Raging Tide
    Xanobeast - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I had a token quest for Qingzi at level 20 but couldn't port in at that level.

Stuff that isn't outside but you need to do for your quests
    1. Silver Frost
    2. Shade Eido
    3. Dismal Shade
    4. There is an item in a chest that you can't make it to alive with pkers

So yes there is stuff people need that pkers will make impossible to get. So fix it or move the items/bosses to the area you can port into

If you want to make a pk area where people don't drop stuff how about not doing it in a place where the main people are low levels and yes we do have quest in the pkable area if you read the many comments in the thread
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011

The map in it can be a bit confusing, but like anyone that goes for 1st time in Abadon, it's not too hard to learn.

For high level players, it is "just" 16k in teles to go there. From arch--8k to 1k, from 1k--8k to immolation camp. From Immo camp, laughable distance.

or like I suggested in the poll (or here, i'm not sure anymore), just spawn a new npc in major towns that teles you in for free :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011

I've played other games where these types of arena's were in questing areas. Trust me the gank'ers don't grow up. And again Silver Frost, part of the OHT culti, is inside SP. That means that you are removing gameplay first in SP(about a half dozen quests), then more gameplay in OHT(about another half dozen quests and the daily), then their 100 culti, to me that's alot of PVE.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    inb4PKinSPisbannable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    xnms wrote: »
    it is not an option, turning it off does not stop you from being killed by some level 100 toon

I meant for the devs to turn pk off not the players, do i really need to explain this further?b:shocked
    edited September 2011
    I guess after hearing all the problems people are having I've changed my mind...
    It's definitely hugely fun for high levels but I'm not sure if people on PVE servers are really mature enough for this. It should be relocated or removed

Until then if anyone on Sanc has problems with someone preventing them from questing in SP point me at them b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I made this point personally to frankie, and he said "It's only 5k." My response was that 5k can add up rather quickly when considering BHs are 3 times a day, and Qingzi is the only boss in his isntance. I was semi-satisfied with his next response. He said he is going to talk to China to see, if all else fails, if we can get the cost on the Hall of Deception teleport either reduced or removed entirely.

Uhm 5k isn't a lot for high levels, but for noobs it is, especially if you are levelling your skills and doing CS...

• Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    We are part of it, of course we would.

Which is the point many of us have been trying to make for quite some time. Employees (not only unpaid though dedicated volunteers) need to be actually spending time IN-GAME, not just sitting in their ivory towers, clueless about the issues facing their customer base.

Honestly, this is simple Business 101. In NO business does it make sense to not spend time in the store, or on the factory floor, or in the winery sales room, or actually TALKING to product customers and seeing what they're seeing.

This is a major piece of customer care that is missing. And if they're not listening to what you and Kritty are saying, and taking to heart what many players are reiterating on these many pages, then they simply don't give a damn. Period.

As we waited over the long weekend to see what Frankie would have to say, I envisioned a much different sort of response. Not that I necessarily thought he'd be delivering the news that most of us wanted-- that PK in SP on PWI was still bannable. That, I thought, was a **** shoot--coulda gone either way. But what actually shocked me was the happy way he delivered the message that no holds were barred any longer. And the lack of sympathy for those players who spent the weekend being ganked and griefed. And an apparent complete cluelessness about the importance of actually PLAYING THE GAME to a large portion of his customer base.

I understand that he might have been attempting to put a positive spin on things, but to be honest, the fact that he couldn't even throw a conciliatory bone to his frustrated and annoyed customers was quite a surprise.

This is not customer care, not even close.
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011

It won't go away. It is similar to the Silver Pool area on PvP servers. People go there to gank. Except in SP it is much easier pickings because of the layout and one entryway. And we know that the loser griefers are lazy *** bullies. It only takes a handful of those losers a day to make it miserable for the lowbies.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    I guess after hearing all the problems people are having I've changed my mind...
    It's definitely hugely fun for high levels but I'm not sure if people on PVE servers are really mature enough for this. It should be relocated or removed

Until then if anyone on Sanc has problems with someone preventing them from questing in SP point me at them b:victory

b:laugh it's a lack of maturity not wanting to be harassed and bullied while trying to enjoy playing a game?? that's rich..

unfortunately, the heads sellers will just get richer charging lowbies and people past frustration to help keep the bullies off long enough to get the absolutely necessary done.

b:surrender
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This sucks PWI u just ruined the game for many new players coming to the game. It doesn't take long to get to fb29 or BH29's and then they stop playing cause of the constant pk-ing and taunts and downright disrespectful insults nOObs are copping in SP. REMOVE THIS RULE AT NEXT UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a high level 80's trying to help guildies and friends but cant protect them all from idiot pk-ers. We R on a PVE server for a reason!!!!! If idiots think they are such great PKers why dont they try their luck on a true PVP server - cause they are weak LOL I been playing this game for years now and maybe the time to look elsewhere for something better is nearing, which is a shame since i've loved this game for agesb:angry
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011

You seem to be a bit confused, Green avatar = mod, unpaid, volunteer forum moderator, not PWE employee. Red Avatar = PWE Employee. But yes, we have always served the community first and foremost. We always raise issues with Frankie, and push the community's needs before anyone else.

I agree PWE needs to be more aware of their community, and work according to it.
    edited September 2011
    b:laugh it's a lack of maturity not wanting to be harassed and bullied while trying to enjoy playing a game?? that's rich..

unfortunately, the heads sellers will just get richer charging lowbies and people past frustration to help keep the bullies off long enough to get the absolutely necessary done.

b:surrender

By lack of maturity I was referring to people who enjoyed preventing low levels on PVE servers from doing whatever quests they want to do. Ideally the PKers would leave the low levels that belong there alone but maybe that really is expecting too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011

Hallelujah!!! Asterelle has seen the light!!! Seriously though most PVE'ers don't mind a PK playground, just the location of it. Move it(obviously to an unused location) or the mobs/bosses(plus adding a free stone into 29) and all this fighting/complaining will be over. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.