Is PK allowed in the Secret Passage??

Options

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sweetfoxxy wrote: »
    I was in one of my toons trying to do a quest in secret passage when a sins called ~removed~ keep killing me for noting and killing other players trying to do there quest or bh or fb. Could there be someone either banned this guys or fixe the glitch so we can do our quest in peace in there . Please tyvm for the attention you will be brining to this request.

Send in a ticket... Wait 14 days and they will get a 3-day ban... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    is sp where the fail pk'ers that qq about kite players go?

Yes basically. they also go there to catch the little people that turn on PK mode at a low level on the PvE servers because they want to increase their kill count but can't do it any other way.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So I've been out of a loop and just now read the new policy regarding PvP in SP (Kritty, CrabClaw - did you forget there are other mods here? Might be a good idea to keep everyone updated b:chuckle). The Chinese team clearly didn't think it fully and leaves the US team to deal with the ricochet from the temporary change.

I mean, what if X goes to SP to help their friend and get's PK'd and loses a piece of gear that wasn't bound? Will in that case the GMs will spawn the item? After all, the person only came there to help a friend, not to PK or be PK'd. How do you prove such thing?

Will that person have to get PK'd repeatedly and lose several gear pieces before the GMs ban the harasser/re-spawn said gear? And yes, people can bind their gear, but the logic in this game is to bind what you achieved as end-game, binding anything lower than that is a complete waste of time and money.

And what do you do with stealth Sins?

There are several flaws with this change of policy - and many people who I play with now avoid going into SP to help new players who need our help. Especially since we're care bears and PvP is forced upon us by just walking into the area.

The Chinese team seems to rely on the good of people. Well, the community here is much, much different, and much, much more back-stabbing than theirs.

b:puzzled

Even if gear drop is not a factor (as I have been told it does not drop in there), you forgot the most important point of all.

What about the people that are blue-name because they have absolutely no interest in engaging in PvP? How are they now supposed to do their quests, or help their friends if they can't make it through alive? Why should we all be forced to PvP if we need Dismal Shade, Shade Eido, Silver Frost, quest mobs, or weapon token (can't port in at that early a level)? That is a lot of content PW is taking away from the blue-name individuals.

And like you said, the low levels will get less help now. I know two people in my faction now that need bosses in there, but no one will go in there to help anymore. I'm glad to see a mod understands that this is a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There are two types of server here. Its idiotic to not realize how the rules work for them. One of the reasons players choose to play on PvE is to not get ganked. You turn white name, then you'll get pk-ed. There aren't as many pk opportunities as in PvP server, but that doesn't matter, majority of players stay blue name. They chose to play here for that reason.

Now unintentionally, killing of blue names got possible. Apparently GMs are using rules for PvP server on PvE too. So I'll tell you this raging tide.

I'll come to secret passage in my free time. I've already noticed few players pking lower lvl blue names. Most of these pk-ers are too scared to go white name. If I see anyone killing any blue name, I'll pm the dead person asking if he approved the fight. If he didn't, then I'll "legally" pk you.

I am not a good pk-er by far. If you want to fight me, then go white name. If you kill a blue name in sp, prepare to get pk-ed in turn. I'll come for you with everything I got.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I actually think you're the only MOD that sees players' point of views b:surrender

Looks like reporting bad news turns people on me.b:chuckle
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Are you saying you will be doing this on an ongoing basis? Will we get GMs for all servers to come do the same? To be honest we arent looking for bandaids to the problem. We would like to know the company is actually considering a fix to the complaints because there are people who will just stop playing the game. I have recruited players from other games to come to PWI and told them this game is not like the garbage in other games. And as soon as I get them here PWI chooses to make a 'minor' change in game play at the cost of players who choose to be on a PVE server. One has already left and refuses to come back because the same garbage is happening here as other games.

Has PWI decided it would rather recruit more of the childish players who are too afraid to go to a PVP server to run how the game is developed and programmed? I know players who have high level characters who do not want to deal with changing back and forth just to get to Shade Edo or the other quests in Secret Passage. Why should they need to go get body guards who cant really protect them just to enter what is a level 30 area? It is even more pathetic the 'Company' isnt giving representatives like yourself better information or answers to what appears to be a MAJOR blunder to the game. Can you at least tell us which idiot decided it was a good idea to allow flying in Secret Passage? We have mobs climbing walls in FB59 and cant fly but some idiot thought we needed to fly in Secret Passage? Are you serious? Personally if that is what we are expecting more of from this person we are all better off going to a different game.

I agree something needs to be done. This needs to be reverted back to what it used to be, with all old rules applying; however, for right now, it isn't. That is why I suggest all PvE players who dislike this change need to send in tickets or e-mails to the Customer Service of PWE, and see if we can swamp them enough to get this changed back to what it used to be. We don't know if it really is a glitch, or if the Chinese devs did it on purpose, but we need to let them know that we don't like it.

b:thanks
  • darkdreams2012
    darkdreams2012 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    SHAME ON YOU!

This situation was caused by a programers mistake, must deal with the consequences.

But all repply's GM's give is purelly saying that dont want to have trouble following the rules, that are imposed to us, and seems that the repplys thay are giving is to not have to work and repply the many tickets that surrelly received.

I just want to make 1 point here:
    EVERY time we start the game a message says:

Some rules to keep in mind:
    PK in Secret Passage instance is not allowed.

and rules are still showing EVERY single time I open the game? So if I get 100 people to desobey a rule, that will be ignored too?

Just can think that PWI team receive several tickets, and dont want to work to repply all them and take the necessary arrangments that is ban for several days to the people that are PK'ing.
    Is just like in a bank evry teller decide to steal 1$ to every client that deposit money that week. Every client make a complaint and managment decide to not do nothing, cos will give much work to repply to all clients.

Is a error on the program, happens. But is the PWI clients that cant do quests in SP for the time this will be fixed and since many are 1st weeks playing will give up, after a massive Anniverssary marketing campain.
    I must sure, if you have a managment that can call that way, heads will roll up.

Is a shame.
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Don't know about the GMs, but I saw a certain MOD (rhymes with Pretty Hat) hanging around (dare I say 'lurking') in SP this weekend on DW. He was even saving a cute little gal who had decided to go afk in the demon fire room. Run in... kill demon fires... run out... run in... kill demon fires... run out. I took over so my wife's cleric alt could get them for her quest, then I didn't have the heart to let her die so I kept it up. BTW, when she finally came back she said to tell you 'thanks' KC.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So I've been out of a loop and just now read the new policy regarding PvP in SP (Kritty, CrabClaw - did you forget there are other mods here? Might be a good idea to keep everyone updated b:chuckle). The Chinese team clearly didn't think it fully and leaves the US team to deal with the ricochet from the temporary change.

I mean, what if X goes to SP to help their friend and get's PK'd and loses a piece of gear that wasn't bound? Will in that case the GMs will spawn the item? After all, the person only came there to help a friend, not to PK or be PK'd. How do you prove such thing?

Will that person have to get PK'd repeatedly and lose several gear pieces before the GMs ban the harasser/re-spawn said gear? And yes, people can bind their gear, but the logic in this game is to bind what you achieved as end-game, binding anything lower than that is a complete waste of time and money.

And what do you do with stealth Sins?

There are several flaws with this change of policy - and many people who I play with now avoid going into SP to help new players who need our help. Especially since we're care bears and PvP is forced upon us by just walking into the area.

The Chinese team seems to rely on the good of people. Well, the community here is much, much different, and much, much more back-stabbing than theirs.

b:puzzled

There is NO "new policy" on PvP in SP... Each and EVERY time you log in to the game it CLEARLY states "NO PK in SP" -- http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n481/sparc343/NO_PK_IN_SP-CR1.png

here in the forum it CLEARLY states, NO *ATTACKING* in SP (you aren't even allowed to ATTACK someone in SP) -- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1061771 This means you cannot even ATTACK someone without running the risk of being banned.

Thank you
  • Arjunro - Heavens Tear
    Arjunro - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is so stupid wth can't you just follow the rules you already have posted. Its even more stupid for you to say its okay when this part of the patch was unintentional in the first place. This says its okay to exploit ****. Who cares about this on a PvP server you were already asking to get pked just starting on one, but PVE Blue names wth is wrong with you allowing it? If we wanted to PvP we'd went on a PvP server

/Rage

NOW read to me the list of posts in this link:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Sticky: PK in Secret Passage instance is not allowed
    Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. frankieraye

04-15-2011 11:28 AM
    by frankieraye Go to last post

b:angry b:angry b:angry Does it rly even matter when the date is on the damn post it was placed there for a reason and now there is an even bigger reason.

/more rage b:surrender
  • Arjunro - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    While I can understand how annoying this is,like most already said,you can"Just",stone in,if you're too lazy to go back into archosaur(There's a teleport from the temple near you known),then lol.

Silver Frost?.players get it with Chrono at lvl.70,not necessary for cultivation until the lv.100 one,but let's take for granted that you NEED ABSOLUTELY Silver Frost thing at lv.70(I had a few alts who completed the first chrono quest part at lv.70),well,here's the so complicated solution:

- You are level 70 right?
    - You didn't levelled in 2 days right?
    - This is a multiplayer social game,I assume that while you levelled you got some friends,right?
    - You can ask your friends/faction to help you right?(Assuming you weren't going to solo Silver Frost at lv.70 yes?)

-- Wait,you don't have any friends at lv.70?,your fault b:bye

I dunno about you but if your a squishie at those lvls and tele in with stone. if you lag your *** is grass
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is so stupid wth can't you just follow the rules you already have posted. Its even more stupid for you to say its okay when this part of the patch was unintentional in the first place. This says its okay to exploit ****. Who cares about this on a PvP server you were already asking to get pked just starting on one, but PVE Blue names wth is wrong with you allowing it? If we wanted to PvP we'd went on a PvP server

/Rage

NOW read to me the list of posts in this link:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Sticky: PK in Secret Passage instance is not allowed
    Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. frankieraye

04-15-2011 11:28 AM
    by frankieraye Go to last post

b:angry b:angry b:angry Does it rly even matter when the date is on the damn post it was placed there for a reason and now there is an even bigger reason.

/more rage b:surrender

Ever notice how its quite arbitary whether they list things in the Official Announcements or not. Goonz glitching is bannable and yet that announcement, or should i say statement, is buried in a thread that is over 100 pages long - what is bannable and what isnt and the treatment thereafter of an individual committing any such offences is so laughable that you really expect anything to be done with the conflicting messages that PWI give their player base - coz I sure dont.

The only thing that surprises me with this whole situation was the fast turnaround from PWE on this issue even if the response has not made everyone happy. Begs the question why can't the "substitute" Community Mod that got the answer to this issue be used more often b:laugh
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    talking about pvp I think PWIC proved which server are strongest. and strongest servers are PvP (both. LC finalist, Harshlands 2nd place). looks like some of strongest teams in some PvE servers even unable to defeat harpy wraith. so.. wtf?

imo if PvP is not your priority, you ll never be as good as real PvPers.

Um, "strongest"? I dunno. I can say this, the participants from our server were advanced simply because they out geared everyone else. They put down the thousands to get r9+12 before anyone else. Does that mean that the bm that went interserver was the best bm on our server? hell no. The best of any class? hell no. Were they even from the tw faction holding the most land? uh, no.

Do be careful drawing these kinds of generalizations. The original point was that someone on a pvp server is not necessarily better than someone on a pve server. Nothing you've pointed out here proves the contrary. And in fact, facts not known to you (that one of the participants that advanced was playing his class for less than 6 months, but purchased r9 +10 with jades after power leveling his toon) shows precisely the opposite: dat tourney proved nothing beyond the players that were in it.
    The only thing PWIC proved was that our *best* US team sucked at PvP compared to the rest of the world. From what I hear they got wiped in every match in the final in less than 20 seconds.

That's what happens when you rely on cash-shopped gear and APS.

this^^

I could be wrong, but weren't people advanced based on the gear they currently have, then given op gear for the actual tourney?

If so, my money would always be on the person that pk'd for years in tt90 over the person that spent 2 weeks shooting heads in fc getting their rank 9 then playing. Put the tt90 player in rank 9, and he will almost always wipe the floor with whoever had the crutch of those 60 attack levels.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Even if gear drop is not a factor (as I have been told it does not drop in there), you forgot the most important point of all.

What about the people that are blue-name because they have absolutely no interest in engaging in PvP? How are they now supposed to do their quests, or help their friends if they can't make it through alive? Why should we all be forced to PvP if we need Dismal Shade, Shade Eido, Silver Frost, quest mobs, or weapon token (can't port in at that early a level)? That is a lot of content PW is taking away from the blue-name individuals.

And like you said, the low levels will get less help now. I know two people in my faction now that need bosses in there, but no one will go in there to help anymore. I'm glad to see a mod understands that this is a problem.

I actually said that b:surrender
  • araucano
    araucano Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ok, this is really unfair to those low lvls in the secret passage. its a open pk area and the high lvls on my server have now gone in there and are killing all blue names in there. luckily the 1 that attacked me missed. GMs you got to fix this if you exist even.... poor blue names who go in there to quest are getting killed n i had to help protect one of them how bad it was. if your going to make it a free pk area you have to 1) take off the ban on pking in there and 2) make it so there are no quests required in there anymore. b:cold

I agree. Sanctuary is a PvE server. If you wish to make a pk arena as is make sure it is a free quest. It is difficult to make public events surrounded by top players and equipment where there is no difference between high and low. More frustrating is when you are still helping their quest low levels and are attacked by another player who has more to do than ruin the fun for others. I hope it does not become the secret passage in another instance as the cube rooms pk.
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There are two types of server here. Its idiotic to not realize how the rules work for them. One of the reasons players choose to play on PvE is to not get ganked. You turn white name, then you'll get pk-ed. There aren't as many pk opportunities as in PvP server, but that doesn't matter, majority of players stay blue name. They chose to play here for that reason.

Now unintentionally, killing of blue names got possible. Apparently GMs are using rules for PvP server on PvE too.

I agree with this. I personally don't care where the PK happens on PvE servers as long as we're not getting forced to PK despite us choosing not to enable PK mode. I've always found PvP to be filled with drama and childish people who think they're pro cuz they gank you with their buddies, so this is why I went on a PvE server. PK rules need to be fixed so that NO ONE can PK a blue named player no matter where they are.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So... Labor day is over and so should be the hangovers... About time GM's will at least make a status post now and listnen to our complaints... Bet they're hiding though... Leaving the poor MOD's trying to keep the angry mob calm while being powerless... b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Arjunro - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ever notice how its quite arbitary whether they list things in the Official Announcements or not. Goonz glitching is bannable and yet that announcement, or should i say statement, is buried in a thread that is over 100 pages long - what is bannable and what isnt and the treatment thereafter of an individual committing any such offences is so laughable that you really expect anything to be done with the conflicting messages that PWI give their player base - coz I sure dont.

The only thing that surprises me with this whole situation was the fast turnaround from PWE on this issue even if the response has not made everyone happy. Begs the question why can't the "substitute" Community Mod that got the answer to this issue be used more often b:laugh

yeah i see they don't stay up to date with the official announcements, except what is there, if its going to be there its "official " for a reason, its the final word. i guess they have Alzheimer's and don't know how to go back and check what they put for themselves and as stated in this thread several times it even says it on the log in screen. obviously w/er idiot that sent back the email doesn't play a PvE server and didn't think very hard on the situations.
  • Arjunro - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Looks like reporting bad news turns people on me.b:chuckle

b:angry b:angry b:angry
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree something needs to be done. This needs to be reverted back to what it used to be, with all old rules applying; however, for right now, it isn't.

Seeing how fast they fixed the FC glitch, we can bet this one will be fixed in 2014.... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I had not been in SP in a pretty long while..well I decided to make some new characters.
    Got to quest time-planned on running myself through, but that's not fun. So I recruited a nice level 80 and level 78 to go with my level 30 something.

We started running through like normal, killing the mobs, almost to the last turn..and all of a sudden a sin appears and kills me. (I had not heard about the pvp problem with sp)
    so I was really confused why I had been killed under blue name.

So we go back...get to the same spot. He shows again and kills us.
    We go a third time, kills me again-and one of the people helping me.

At this point my party mate is pretty pissed and questions if he can pk even while blue named. Other teammate and I agreed it doesn't hurt to try.
    SO, we arrive at that spot again. I get killed, but they both destroy the pansy *** sin. Who turns out to be only around level 80-85.

So that was what, four times? Even I was irritated at that point.
    I know all angles and answers to this topic have already been covered. But I thought I'd share my story.

If anyone happens across a sin with initials 'JS' ...he's rude and not worth helping. b:bye

it's super fun when they do it halfway through silverfrost.. b:angry

and, dude who keeps mentioning your guide.. lolz. i lurk in as much safe zone as it gets, watch green dots on mini and zip through as another person other than me is ganked.. and that's useless against the ***** sins..

and person waving your stuff about the awesome pvp'er you are.. wtf?? no pvp'er worth even just a white name would ever stoop to the **** that's been happening in sp (and cof too??)

harassment is harassment. you may say stop QQ'ing, it's only a GAME.. yehy. but it's a game peopled by REAL people. so, solution is, start acting like people?? :P
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    <_< My roomie just did his fb29 last night, and ran through sp with one escort not that long after getting his tab. No one touched either of them. =) There were some people fighting right near the entrance, but they stopped immediately to let them through, then continued on after they got past. All I could do was watch over his shoulder, but getting there seemed no problem for them.

I do rather dislike the fact that this new "change" to such a low level instance has caused certain people to lose their minds and start squashing lowbies, but not everyone has gone nuts with the pk bug. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    INB4

This was not a mistake it was done on purpose. China did it to their version on purpose (who knows why) and since we all know we get whatever China gets, we also get it. Not a mistake was done on purpose.

Still the best part of this to me is how hilarious the entire situation is. The PvP servers went in there and flew around maybe killed 2-3 people, then just had fun flying around. The PvE servers went stark crazy ape **** and started massacring everything. lol
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    INB4

This was not a mistake it was done on purpose. China did it to their version on purpose (who knows why) and since we all know we get whatever China gets, we also get it. Not a mistake was done on purpose.

Still the best part of this to me is how hilarious the entire situation is. The PvP servers went in there and flew around maybe killed 2-3 people, then just had fun flying around. The PvE servers went stark crazy ape **** and started massacring everything. lol

QFT b:chuckle

Sanc certainly went a little more than nuts. Kind of like rabies, actually...

<_< I just wish they hadn't turned the lowbie area of Secret Passage into an 08' Arena clone, instead of opening up the actual arena.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    For myself, I do enjoy the changes. It gives level 100+ players a place to freely PK each other, without the repercussions of getting banned, or having gear dropped. I aslo enjoy being able to fly in an instance (even though it can be done anyways, with a client-side change to the game's files).

However, I completely agree and understand with most complaints. Quests, bosses, etc are needed or wanted. Just because it isn't a "needed" quest, doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. On my Barb, I've completed every quest the game offers and finished my cultivation/OHT map quest chain. This should be possible for players, however many low levels get PK'd when trying to do this in SP. Also, the fact it's forced PK, even if you're just going inside the instance to help someone, is a real downfall.

It really is a two sided argument. Since not everyone can be happy, I'd suggest changing it back. However, as stated in a previous post -- this was most definitely an intended change. So, changing it back might take months. PW-CN loves to be slow. If it is ever changed, it will not be in a "soon to come" patch. Most likely, we won't see any change for 5-7 months, which is the average time it takes to change something for PW-CN to PWI, other than Duke's shouts, timers of instances, and what not.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We don't know if it really is a glitch, or if the Chinese devs did it on purpose

Considerign that it is now possible to PK people under lvl 30, I seriously doubt the devs "did this on purpose". Pretty sad when a lvl 22 sin goes in to do her weapon token quest but gets PKed as soon as she enters, or a 29 wizard goes in to do his 29 and gets ganked by multiple sins. It's bad enough that the PvE servers have to deal with the enabled PvP, but for god sakes, at least fix the issue with being able to PK people under the minimum PvP lvl
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Considerign that it is now possible to PK people under lvl 30, I seriously doubt the devs "did this on purpose". Pretty sad when a lvl 22 sin goes in to do her weapon token quest but gets PKed as soon as she enters, or a 29 wizard goes in to do his 29 and gets ganked by multiple sins. It's bad enough that the PvE servers have to deal with the enabled PvP, but for god sakes, at least fix the issue with being able to PK people under the minimum PvP lvl

Well, it's quite possible to be a bug. However, it would make sense if it was done on purpose, as well. Intentions aside, should it be fixed? If so, will it? If so, when?
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    For myself, I do enjoy the changes. It gives level 100+ players a place to freely PK each other, without the repercussions of getting banned, or having gear dropped. I aslo enjoy being able to fly in an instance (even though it can be done anyways, with a client-side change to the game's files).

However, I completely agree and understand with most complaints. Quests, bosses, etc are needed or wanted. Just because it isn't a "needed" quest, doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. On my Barb, I've completed every quest the game offers and finished my cultivation/OHT map quest chain. This should be possible for players, however many low levels get PK'd when trying to do this in SP. Also, the fact it's forced PK, even if you're just going inside the instance to help someone, is a real downfall.

It really is a two sided argument. Since not everyone can be happy, I'd suggest changing it back. However, as stated in a previous post -- this was most definitely an intended change. So, changing it back might take months. PW-CN loves to be slow. If it is ever changed, it will not be in a "soon to come" patch. Most likely, we won't see any change for 5-7 months, which is the average time it takes to change something for PW-CN to PWI, other than Duke's shouts, timers of instances, and what not.

PvE servers have optional PvP for a reason. Therefore, this was NOT an intended change, as if it were, the entire servers would simply have become PvP servers.
    Furthermore, it is now possible to PK people under the required minimum lvl of 30. Are you saying it was an "intended change" to be able to PK people under the required minimum lvl for PvP?

Either way, this needs to be fixed, the PvE server PK douchebags are ****ting themselves with delight over being able to PK lowbies as much as they want without consequence. It's gotten to the point where I see broadcasts in world chat about how the GM's won't do anything and they won't stop since they won't get banned.
    Well, it's quite possible to be a bug. However, it would make sense if it was done on purpose, as well. Intentions aside, should it be fixed? If so, will it? If so, when?

I fail to see how it would make sense if it was done on purpose. The entire point of PvE servers is to be able to opt out of PvP, as in, optional PvP. Sorry, but it really doesn't make sense at all. Why would they only switch one specific place, and not the entire server and all it's maps, like in a PvP server? And more importantly, why would they do so in a low lvl instance, and not a high lvl one like Cave of Sadistic Glee or the OHT maps? Better yet, why would they enable free map PvP on servers where opting out of unwelcomed PKing is the selling point?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I fail to see how it would make sense if it was done on purpose. The entire point of PvE servers is to be able to opt out of PvP, as in, optional PvP. Sorry, but it really doesn't make sense at all. Why would they only switch one specific place, and not the entire server and all it's maps, like in a PvP server? And more importantly, why would they do so in a low lvl instance, and not a high lvl one like Cave of Sadistic Glee or the OHT maps? Better yet, why would they enable free map PvP on servers where opting out of unwelcomed PKing is the selling point?

Lol, I wouldn't know why it would be an intended change. However, PW-CN also has this going on at the moment, right? Also, Susamajii stated it wasn't a mistake and was done on purpose.

I agree, it should be changed because players are forced to basically enter PK and the players under level 30 also can't finish their quests, generally. So, at least we can agree that this change isn't the best. Though, if there wasn't such huge downfalls, the idea of being able to PK while in blue-name and not loose anything is amazingly fun and unique. Also, being able to fly in an instance is fun!
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    again... it's NOT a POLICY change, it's a change in PHYSICS...

Perfect World Beijing controls the PHYSICS... Perfect World Entertainment controls the POLICY -- and I have not seen ANY change in POLICY what-so-ever... As I've pointed out, it is in the forum that PK in SP *IS BANNABLE* -- it is ALSO in the NOTICE when starting the client/signing in...

So one MORE time... There has been NO POLICY CHANGE, only a change in PHYSICS... At least at this point in time...
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This isn't actually a glitch but a feature of the game. Haven't you ever wondered why it says no pk'ing in SP, especially for a pve server where pvp is optional?

This is a normal feature of PW that PWE disabled. And from time to time a Chinese patch comes down that reverts many of the PWE alterations without them realizing it. I would hope that they ran a test server and removed others we don't know about. But even still they are bound to miss a few things.

I'm just hoping the GMs are actually taking the rule atleast semi seriously and dealing with this. I know many would like them to be more agressive about it. But considering all the moded characters I see I don't really see that happening.
This discussion has been closed.