Is PK allowed in the Secret Passage??

Options

Comments

• OmegaToth - Harshlands
    OmegaToth - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i must say i very enjoy the new secret passage..but i can understand wy ppl on carebear servers are against it..so best would be keep it enabled on pvp servers and close it on the restb:shutup
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i must say i very enjoy the new secret passage..but i can understand wy ppl on carebear servers are against it..so best would be keep it enabled on pvp servers and close it on the restb:shutup

Nah closing won't be needed... The PK fans love it so much that that would just be mean... Just give blue-names an option for not having to be PK-enabled in SP and this carebear will be happy... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Perfect example of someone who should remain on a PVP server and take his friends with him. The CHOICE to play on a PVE server does not mean we are not able to hand you your ***. We choose to play a certain style and not run around with different gear with the intention of fighting other players. There are just as many high level very skilled players on what you term 'Carebear' server who could put you down... the pathetic attempt to try to demean other players for choosing to play in a PVE environment shows YOUR maturity level. I guess if you wish to go around calling pve servers 'carebear' we should term your pvp servers correctly.... Idiot servers.
  • OmegaToth - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Perfect example of someone who should remain on a PVP server and take his friends with him. The CHOICE to play on a PVE server does not mean we are not able to hand you your A$$. We choose to play a certain style and not run around with different gear with the intention of fighting other players. There are just as many high level very skilled players on what you term 'Carebear' server who could put you down... the pathetic attempt to try to demean other players for choosing to play in a PVE environment shows YOUR maturity level. I guess if you wish to go around calling pve servers 'carebear' we should term your pvp servers correctly.... Idiot servers.

yes it does

and how you gain that mighty pvp experience to put me down? by duells? by tw 2 times in a week? b:laugh

maturity level? if you would be so mature you wouldnt be so offended by a simple word that most carebears even dont care about

lolumad bro u can term pvp server whatever you want it doesnt affect me at all b:bye
  • RealVonDutch - Sanctuary
    RealVonDutch - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yesterday I was asked to protect a squad full of low lvl's to get to the instance entrance.
    They were spamkilled by a psy whose name I cannot say and a sin whose name I can't say either.

Let's call them:
    EternalSorryIDontunderstandenglishwhenitsuitsme & DamiclIamasinsoIcanbeapuss

These are purely and utterly fictive names and do not represend players in the game on sanctuary server. If by any chance a character or toon is named like this (which I doubt) I will clearly state and rectify the names, putting no blame and/or sort of indictment to the person...

That said:

ES and DAMI were spamkilling low lvls which was a huge mistake because props to MasamuneXero (yay) and a few others (including me) that were sick of these people the spamkilling stopped.

These people are **** and need to be banned.
    OR it needs to be fixed which actually doesn;t make sense cause things like this will probably just be tolerated by devs...
    Sins are Scissors, Psychics are Rocks, and Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.

Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock ...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE.
  • Integra_ - Raging Tide
    Integra_ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Do you lose EXP if you have a blue name and are PK'ed in SP?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yesterday I was asked to protect a squad full of low lvl's to get to the instance entrance.
    They were spamkilled by a psy whose name I cannot say and a sin whose name I can't say either.

Let's call them:

These are purely and utterly fictive names and do not represend players in the game on sanctuary server. If by any chance a character or toon is named like this (which I doubt) I will clearly state and rectify the names, putting no blame and/or sort of indictment to the person...

That said:

ES and DAMI were spamkilling low lvls which was a huge mistake because props to MasamuneXero (yay) and a few others (including me) that were sick of these people the spamkilling stopped.

OR it needs to be fixed which actually doesn;t make sense cause things like this will probably just be tolerated by devs...

This is exactly what I'm talking about... I hope that when the GM's are back from partying and their hangovers they will do something about it for at least the blue-names... Lot's of ppl on PvE servers just don't have the manners these days not to kill whoever doesn't want to participate... They see easy kill they take it... I still think they should keep it open for PKers or make another instance like this though... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • thirteencent
    thirteencent Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yuna_Sama ... *POKE*
  • Elementous - Momaganon
    Elementous - Momaganon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Do you lose EXP if you have a blue name and are PK'ed in SP?

No - I got killed there yesterday and didn't lose any XP.

I also accidentally zapped a Psy a couple of times who was killing the same quest mobs as me and I was trying to invite them to squad. Thankfully, I didn't manage to kill him and he wandered off without saying a word.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Let's call them:

That said:

This is called "I'm too much of a coward to go to a PvP server cause my butt will be kicked so hard I'll bleed in RL, but now I is a big lvl I can pretend to be bad*** and pwn lowbies"

Those guys you talked about are just ppl with RL issues and should be "accidentally" tranferd to a PvP server, where the harcore pk's are
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    hmm sound like they should join RQ i hear its open and gues what they still pk lowlies.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The CHOICE to play on a PVE server does not mean we are not able to hand you your ***.
    yes it does

Come roll on arch server, let alone sanctuary. If not me, there are a dozen or more others that I am quite certain will whoop you.

In my experience, the people that run their mouths the most about how good they are in pvp are among the worst.

The good pvp players don't need to say so.

And +1000 to this being a stupid change. It in essence makes certain quest threads impossible to complete at the appropriate level. The fact is, this game now has so many glitches, so many changes that make questing unnecessary, and not in some cases impossible to do, why not just let people cash shop 100 trillion player experience cubes so they can cash shop r9 and then start playing? They have made the game in its entirety just a fancy version of street fighter and not even an mmo anymore. I am not complaining, i like the pvp parts of the game most actually, but really, if its not just doing the jail dragoons, there hardly is any fc anymore even, which used to be the way to cheat levels after hyper exp stones first came out.

I hear someone hit 105 now, and simply yawn. Seriously, it means very, very little anymore.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The CHOICE to play on a PVE server does not mean we are not able to hand you your ***.

Why was my post edited for writing what other players write too?

I demand a REFUND b:laugh
  • OmegaToth - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Come roll on arch server, let alone sanctuary. If not me, there are a dozen or more others that I am quite certain will whoop you.

b:chuckle i highly doubt there are a dozen player on whole Archosaur server b:chuckle
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why was my post edited for writing what other players write too?

I demand a REFUND b:laugh

What are you talking about, I don't see anything...

b:avoid
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i never once read in his post that his implying people are over reacting.

tbh i feel most people need to lay off kritty of this topic i mean he is just the messenger and tbh his the only mod who has even taken the time to address this topic in this thread.

Like it or not the word from the higher ups is that pking is now allowed in SP, even if the in game notice states its ban able. i'm guessing the GMs havnt changed the in game notice because

1) its a holiday or something there and no one is at the office as been stated

and

2) PWI is still trying to get this rule averted back to its original ban able offense so they have kept it up for now.

i'm sure once the staff come back and frankie has a solid conversation on the topic with the higher ups we will get a more solid response and action

PWE (not PWi, PWi is the game PWE is the company), PWE MAKES the rules... How could they be waiting to revert it back to bannable when they've NEVER changed it to start with...

Ok here's a little info you may not have known. (I'll try to make it fast.) PW is developed in Beijing (China) and the game itself is OWNED by Perfect World Beijing. The lovely company we know as Perfect World Entertainment is a subsidiary of Perfect World Beijing (and they "lease" the game)... ALL of the development takes place in Beijing, NONE @ Perfect World Entertainment (here) in CA, USA...

That being said -- SO... The DEVELOPERS over in CHINA made this change... There is NOTHING stopping Perfect World Entertainment from continuing to enforce the RULE they MADE about NO PK in SP...

Don't believe me??? Ok think about this (research it if you must because I know it's 100% factual)... At one point in time we had these ANNOYING *** horns! Perfect World Entertainment vouched to get rid of these for us (at least until there was a filter implemented for them)... So, Perfect World Entertainment removed them -- FROM THE BOUTIQUE. The horns have NEVER been "fully removed" from our version because that would be a full development change, which can ONLY take place in China... However, they agreed with us that they were annoying as hell, so they EFFECTIVELY removed them by merely taking them out of the boutique... (notice how there is one given with new stash, and how the icon has ALWAYS been there next to world chat)... Don't believe me, even go check out the China servers, they STILL have, use, and SELL horns in their boutique right now...

Ok, so just in case you're wondering how those stupid perfect horns and pk in sp correlate: the DEVELOPERS over in Beijing made some changes to how PK in SP physically works (like at one point in time they added horns).... That doesn't mean there is ANYTHING stopping Perfect World Entertainment from enforcing a NO PK in SP rule (like they took horns OUT of the boutique -- effectively removing them) !!!
    you're serious? really?

please get a regular character, and run in there seven times getting immediately killed when you NEED to get in there to proceed. then get a bit higher character and use up 60k of hard earned pots killing silverfrost, and have a chicken**** sin appear at your elbow and one-shot you.. then, get one in between, and have a 102 psy wipe the cleric tank who is so thoughtfully killing dismal shade for his/her mates..

then tell me we're over reacting, and that the twits who even pk in there in the first place will stop to fish through all this to see if 'it's allowed' b:shutup

really?? even you (no offense) seem to be sending a different message each time you post.. anyway. i'm done, i think. i guess i'll just keep on sending in tickets.. that aren't answered... really, compete even just a little with all those games this would never happen in.. please.. b:cry

I guess this has been in my thought process the entire time, just now I'll be blunt about it... It's in the freaking NOTICE that PK in SP is NOT allowed. As I've said before if they were to NOT uphold this for ANY reason that would be BAD (ok HORRIBLE) customer service, and I may just have to move on to one of the other places something like this would NEVER happen. Ya know, where they actually have GOOD customer service =\
    //note to self:
    The fact that this game is DEVELOPED and ran by two totally separate companies (in separate countries at that) should have been the FIRST BAD SIGN. The second bad sign should have been the fact that this company DOES NOT HAVE A PUBLIC PHONE NUMBER LISTED -- what the hell kind of customer service can you expect out of a company that doesn't even have a public phone number!!! The FINAL BAD SIGN should have been that the BBB gives them an F:
    http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/perfect-world-entertainment-in-foster-city-ca-375623

I don't give a rats you know what if it's the weekend, or a holiday weekend, or a holiday, if anyone is in the office or not. That doesn't matter to me and it's not my problem -- the fact is NOTICE says NO PK IN SP >.<PERIOD>.< So this should be upheld up until the moment they take it down (if they're even going to)!
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You know, this wouldn't be a problem if there was a GM active.

They could pop in randomly and see 'Oh, hey, [Player] is abusing the unintended feature from last patch, I'll ban them until it's fixed!'

Instead, it's become a problem. "Take pics and submit them in a ticket", what? So someone level 29 can be stuck NOT doing their FB29 for 2 weeks until the next patch when it MIGHT get fixed?

Come ON, let's have active, live, HUMAN BEINGS GMing this ****ing game already. b:cry
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    Ignasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We lost having active and good GMs the moment they started getting paid for having the GM title beside their name. Gming isnt all that hard but they make it out to be that way. I have been a GM for other games, and it really isnt hard =/ They need to get GMs who actually care about the server and the players in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    This.

When I spoke with frankie the first time, he was surprised about it. He sent off e-mail, but then had to go away for a few days. Crabclaw, our substitute, is the one who received the e-mails back from the higher-ups who made the ultimate decision that PvP is currently allowed in the Secret Passage as long as harassment of lowbies does not occur. I would extend harassment of lowbies to include multiple killings of anyone who is just trying to quest or help others with questing. My motto when in there is that I don't attack until attacked. You can change that if you have sins in stealth, but be respectful and don't use AoEs when low-level characters are running through.

should just submit a ticket if major spam killing -sighs- complaining about it atm won't help much this just gonna start again with blabla GMs dun care a **** for us threads <.< whenever tht might be
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well I know it sucks, and it costs coin, but you know you could stone in...now had you said that someone pk your tank after getting silver frost down to 200k hp and you all died then id feel bad, but knowing the activity of this games gm's, the idiocy of the people in this game and then choosing to continue to go through secret passage to get to fb19 is insane itself and I can't say I pity anyone who does it
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sparc, about the website you quoted from the BBB... It even says on the site that PWE is not BBB accredited, nor do they have to have it. This means that the BBB can give them whatever rating they want, because PWE doesn't want to deal with them. Here is my particular quote:

"Perfect World Entertainment is not BBB Accredited.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation."

In other words, PWE doesn't have to provide any information to the BBB if they don't necessarily want to be BBB accredited, so they don't. Thus, the lack of communication caused the BBB to give them an F.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    should just submit a ticket if major spam killing -sighs- complaining about it atm won't help much this just gonna start again with blabla GMs dun care a **** for us threads <.< whenever tht might be

Well, they don't give a **** for us...

Thanks for the quote.

I'm'a go in there and PK the people that are griefing, I guess.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kings_tides - Raging Tide
    Kings_tides - Raging Tide Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Sparc, about the website you quoted from the BBB... It even says on the site that PWE is not BBB accredited, nor do they have to have it. This means that the BBB can give them whatever rating they want, because PWE doesn't want to deal with them. Here is my particular quote:

"Perfect World Entertainment is not BBB Accredited.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation."

In other words, PWE doesn't have to provide any information to the BBB if they don't necessarily want to be BBB accredited, so they don't. Thus, the lack of communication caused the BBB to give them an F.

True, but if you read a little farther, you find the reason for the F rating:

4 ppl gave it the F rating because of bad customer service.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Are the GM's done being drunk by now? I wanna know if they're planning to do something about this... b:surrender

@thirteencent: *pokes back* b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh yeah sending a ticket will help... Just report all the players ganking you and wait for 14 days... Then they'll get a 3-day ban... Helpfull huh? Riiiiiight... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forum - Lothranis
    Forum - Lothranis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Teleport into the instance. Problem solved. b:bye

That doesn't help when you need Silver Frost or other bosses in SP... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coralshealz - Dreamweaver
    Coralshealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ok, this is really unfair to those low lvls in the secret passage. its a open pk area and the high lvls on my server have now gone in there and are killing all blue names in there. luckily the 1 that attacked me missed. GMs you got to fix this if you exist even.... poor blue names who go in there to quest are getting killed n i had to help protect one of them how bad it was. if your going to make it a free pk area you have to 1) take off the ban on pking in there and 2) make it so there are no quests required in there anymore. b:cold
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That doesn't help when you need Silver Frost or other bosses in SP... b:bye
    Not to mention that most people recruit BH29 squads in the entrance of SP. Do they have to go back to Arch after recruiting now to teleport back in?

No, PKing them when they're questing there is still bannable. Screenshot and report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    a long time ago.. in a galaxy far far away... STARWARS!! *starwars music*... no this time its PK IN SECRET PASSAGE!!! GMs please understand that it is not correct that people are being able to pk in the secret passage.. newbies come to grind there and do quests and other high lvl players come and just kill them. we believe this place is glitched because u can just aim at the person, press control and attack.. seriously this problem has to be fixed... i have an SS of a conversation between high lvls and 1 of them just said "so we can basically kill blue names too in here?? HA! no more fbs or bhs for any1 b:sin".. like seriously are you guys gonna tolerate this?? when is this gonna be fixed!!! countless tickets have been sent requesting this to be over and nothing has happened!.. where are the GMs!!!??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
This discussion has been closed.