Is PK allowed in the Secret Passage??

Options
Ellisandro - Archosaur
Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
i'm sick of the ranting and i'm sick of the QQ'ing. but this mod (KrittyCat) has two posts that contradict eachother:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14524261&postcount=87

and:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14526711&postcount=140

which is it? please answer asap.

Note: if it is allowed, please consider the consequences. blue named people should never be pk'ed on pve servers. i hate pk'ing. i'm not a pk'er and i should be able to play ANYWHERE without being pk'ed ever. do you really think they will just attack people who are in pk mode?

Plus: tickets i've submitted on this matter have never been answered. when will they be answered?
Post edited by Ellisandro - Archosaur on

Comments

• KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i'm sick of the ranting and i'm sick of the QQ'ing. but this mod (KrittyCat) has two posts that contradict eachother:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14524261&postcount=87

and:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14526711&postcount=140

which is it? please answer asap.

Note: if it is allowed, please consider the consequences. blue named people should never be pk'ed on pve servers. i hate pk'ing. i'm not a pk'er and i should be able to play ANYWHERE without being pk'ed ever. do you really think they will just attack people who are in pk mode?

Plus: tickets i've submitted on this matter have never been answered. when will they be answered?

His 1st post said it is bannable UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

His 2nd post stated that PvP is allowed in SP which means you can do it in there but you cannot harass lowbies which means you cannot kill anyone who obviously is not in PK mode and actually doing quests in there.This would serve as the FURTHER NOTICE which you probably missed.

Anyways,this still probably stands even though it is old:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1061771
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat said its not bannable anymore. It is or not, peoples PKing there anyway (especially now, when no penalties there). but to be clear about those pseudo rules we need to wait official anouncement from GMs. (btw they are probably really bussy now, trying to fix all the mess in SP since last update b:laugh so dont expect anouncements from them soon)
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Its fine to PK, just be wary you dont get buttraped for hassling lowbies.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It *should* be bannable to PK blue-names in there, regardless of whether the ability to do so exists. Either that, or they need to make a path to Silver Frost/Dismal Shade/Shade Eido that is not PK enabled so that people that signed up on a PvE server to play without PvP can also do their quests and help their guildies. As it stands, I feel bad that I cannot help the person that currently needs Silver Frost in my faction, but if I can't make it there what am I supposed to do? And being that my faction is 90% PvE, if it stays this way these people will never get those bosses.

I too would like an real answer, not from a mod but from Frankie at least, on this matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It *should* be bannable to PK blue-names in there, regardless of whether the ability to do so exists. Either that, or they need to make a path to Silver Frost/Dismal Shade/Shade Eido that is not PK enabled so that people that signed up on a PvE server to play without PvP can also do their quests and help their guildies. As it stands, I feel bad that I cannot help the person that currently needs Silver Frost in my faction, but if I can't make it there what am I supposed to do? And being that my faction is 90% PvE, if it stays this way these people will never get those bosses.

I too would like an real answer, not from a mod but from Frankie at least, on this matter.

I ll quote myself
    here is the only thing Im agree with. maybe blue names shouldint be killable. but they should be unatackable. means they should be protected by game mechanics, not by pseudo rules and bannable stuff. but for god sake leave alone white names and entire pvp servers. I never understood "PK in secret passage instance is not allowed in any circumstances" thing. this is just wrong, especially in PvP servers.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I ll quote myself

you're a regular user, so (no offense) but who cares?? i want an answer from a gm or a mod.

you're all saying, wah, grow a pair or stay out of there, etc. i was helping a mate in there and was pk'ed helping him with mobs that are HARD for him. some chickenshiit pk'ed me, shot my mate who was then killed by the mob. yes, max xp loss at his level.

again: a non-pk player should not be pk'able anywhere for any reason. leaving it up to players to chicken to fight other pk'ers whether or not they're going to do it is not a solution.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you're a regular user, so (no offense) but who cares?? i want an answer from a gm or a mod.

you're all saying, wah, grow a pair or stay out of there, etc. i was helping a mate in there and was pk'ed helping him with mobs that are HARD for him. some chickenshiit pk'ed me, shot my mate who was then killed by the mob. yes, max xp loss at his level.

again: a non-pk player should not be pk'able anywhere for any reason. leaving it up to players to chicken to fight other pk'ers whether or not they're going to do it is not a solution.

Question there, did he actually lose any exp? Every other place that insta-ports on death is exp loss free.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yes, max xp loss at his level.

According to Ellisandro, yes he did.... seems clear enough for me
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    According to Ellisandro, yes he did.... seems clear enough for me

Couldve presumed. If its not him playing the char, he doesnt know unless he asked, he didnt say he asked. Ergo, presumption.

**** it il go to SP myself and go die to a mob and see.

---

Went in at 40%, aggrod the 4 mobs to the left, died instantly (lul QQ) appeared outside at 40%.

The "losing EXP" thing is now no longer a factor in this argument ^_^
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

To a mob? I thought we were talking about pk's, lol
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To a mob? I thought we were talking about pk's, lol

... Go read the previous page. All of it.
  • badanna
    badanna Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "harassing lowbies" is vague and subject to interpretation. If a lvl 60 toon not in PK mode is going to SP to help in FB29 is he fair game for the PKers waiting in SP in stealth mode?

For that matter, if my 102 seek is going there (also not in PK mode) am I fair game?
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    badanna wrote: »
    "harassing lowbies" is vague and subject to interpretation. If a lvl 60 toon not in PK mode is going to SP to help in FB29 is he fair game for the PKers waiting in SP in stealth mode?

For that matter, if my 102 seek is going there (also not in PK mode) am I fair game?

I go in there now and then to snag pkers.... and I see lvl 90+ in there stalking small ones - obviously doing culti. I am also in steath, whisper them a warning. Too many times, they ignore my 'Don't pk him... I do see you' - and so the second they come out of steath and stike, I do same to them.

Bad thing - most times they 1shot their target. Good thing - so do I.

This one poor wiz got targeted twice in the 5 minutes I watched him (by 1 sin and 1 bm). And BOTH of them dropped items to me... (red names - and no wiz was white named)

So sometimes when you pkers think no one is watching - yeah we are. I also head to oracle area and stay in steath for same reason.

I don't pick on the small ones and I do wait for the pker to make the first move.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Couldve presumed. If its not him playing the char, he doesnt know unless he asked, he didnt say he asked. Ergo, presumption.

---

Went in at 40%, aggrod the 4 mobs to the left, died instantly (lul QQ) appeared outside at 40%.

The "losing EXP" thing is now no longer a factor in this argument ^_^

my mate told me, and he's an honest sort but may have been mistaken. but again (and no offense) who cares?? we can all say, it's against the rules, so don't do it. what i'm trying to find out is: is it against the rules??

the lvl 101 cleric who ganked my lvl 74 veno then helped the mobs kill my lvl 42 mate told me she found out from these forums that it is allowed.

so, someone please answer!!

most people will stop at the stop sign even when no cops or other cars are there. the ones who go ahead and run it just because they can are the problem here, and in too many other areas of this game. frankly, it's getting pretty tiresome.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options

yes, I m a regular user and I just saying my opinion, nothing more. I m not pretending to be GM. anyway, we all waiting an answer from GMs, but they're probably busy right now about this new SP update b:laugh so we can share our opinions here, or just wait in silence for GM.

about your QQ part, sorry I dont care somebody killed you and your noob friend. I died many times in PvP server so its not really a big deal to me.

the last part I agree with. I said exactly the same thing in my quote, that non-pk players should not be pk'able and they should be protected by game system. but game system allows to attack them in SP right now.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    in the first post, (11:41am yesterday), Kritty says it's not ok and supports the long standing rule. He also shows that he has spoken to frankie on the subject.

In the second post, (3:23pm yesterday), Kritty states that he got word from PWE, and it's ok in there as long as it doesn't fall under the criteria of harassment.

Case closed. I don't get why there's any misunderstanding there.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I go in there now and then to snag pkers.... and I see lvl 90+ in there stalking small ones - obviously doing culti. I am also in steath, whisper them a warning. Too many times, they ignore my 'Don't pk him... I do see you' - and so the second they come out of steath and stike, I do same to them.

Bad thing - most times they 1shot their target. Good thing - so do I.

This one poor wiz got targeted twice in the 5 minutes I watched him (by 1 sin and 1 bm). And BOTH of them dropped items to me... (red names - and no wiz was white named)

So sometimes when you pkers think no one is watching - yeah we are. I also head to oracle area and stay in steath for same reason.

I don't pick on the small ones and I do wait for the pker to make the first move.

b:laugh everyone have their own fun lol. some of them just kill, others also kill "in the name of pseudo justice" and thinks they're doing something that matters. I would say you take this **** a little too serious, but as far as you have fun by doing this go on and play Judge Dredd b:chuckle
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    in the first post, (11:41am yesterday), Kritty says it's not ok and supports the long standing rule. He also shows that he has spoken to frankie on the subject.

In the second post, (3:23pm yesterday), Kritty states that he got word from PWE, and it's ok in there as long as it doesn't fall under the criteria of harassment.

Case closed. I don't get why there's any misunderstanding there.

This.

When I spoke with frankie the first time, he was surprised about it. He sent off e-mail, but then had to go away for a few days. Crabclaw, our substitute, is the one who received the e-mails back from the higher-ups who made the ultimate decision that PvP is currently allowed in the Secret Passage as long as harassment of lowbies does not occur. I would extend harassment of lowbies to include multiple killings of anyone who is just trying to quest or help others with questing. My motto when in there is that I don't attack until attacked. You can change that if you have sins in stealth, but be respectful and don't use AoEs when low-level characters are running through.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well, whoever decided that needs to go in, get silverfrost half done then get ganked by someone 25 levels higher than him.

i'm on a pve server, i've never gone into pk mode. i never want to be pk'ed anywhere. for any reason. ever.

basically, you either:

a) don't care

b) don't care cause pwi is circling the drain

c) can't or won't fix it

d) all of the above.

do you seriously think they won't harass people? really??
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    also, take it off the intro screen. that makes it even more ****ed up.

a good many people on your pve servers will leave, after they find out they'll never be able to complete some major quest chains. if i didn't already have so much invested in my characters, i would. and, because of this, i won't play any other pw games.

suggestion: either make the pve servers pvp, or get rid of them.

there's tons of games out there where this would never happen.
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well they haven't removed it from login announcements which they can change at a whim so I consider it still an active rule. The whole point the rule is there is because of this 'glitch'. They will probably fix it by next maint now that they know its back.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well, whoever decided that needs to go in, get silverfrost half done then get ganked by someone 25 levels higher than him.

i'm on a pve server, i've never gone into pk mode. i never want to be pk'ed anywhere. for any reason. ever.

do you seriously think they won't harass people? really??

This... Can't PWE temporarely place bosses that are needed for yellow quests somewhere else untill it's fixed? Or make a copyof it on a diffirent spawn point? Can be either a cave or on World Map but I'm pretty sure there's enough room to do this... That would pretty much solve all the problems PvEers are going through right now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    This.

When I spoke with frankie the first time, he was surprised about it. He sent off e-mail, but then had to go away for a few days. Crabclaw, our substitute, is the one who received the e-mails back from the higher-ups who made the ultimate decision that PvP is currently allowed in the Secret Passage as long as harassment of lowbies does not occur. I would extend harassment of lowbies to include multiple killings of anyone who is just trying to quest or help others with questing. My motto when in there is that I don't attack until attacked. You can change that if you have sins in stealth, but be respectful and don't use AoEs when low-level characters are running through.

And what about the harrassment of blue-names on a PVE server that are trying to help faction mates with a boss? Do these people realize how bad it makes people like me feel to tell faction members, sorry I can't help you with your Dismal Shade quest because we will just get killed repeatedly trying to get there? I can't teleport to the bosses like we can into the FB, and even if we could I have seen people tanking Silver Frost get killed when the boss was less than half dead.

I would still like an answer from a GM on this matter. Something has to be done, at the very least on the PVE servers. I don't bloody well care if it is PK enabled in there but IT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED AGAINST BLUE NAMES. That gives everybody the right to stay out of PK mode to get quests done. Otherwise, like I said before, there should be a safe zone path and area for the bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And what about the harrassment of blue-names on a PVE server that are trying to help faction mates with a boss? Do these people realize how bad it makes people like me feel to tell faction members, sorry I can't help you with your Dismal Shade quest because we will just get killed repeatedly trying to get there? I can't teleport to the bosses like we can into the FB, and even if we could I have seen people tanking Silver Frost get killed when the boss was less than half dead.

I would still like an answer from a GM on this matter. Something has to be done, at the very least on the PVE servers. I don't bloody well care if it is PK enabled in there but IT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED AGAINST BLUE NAMES. That gives everybody the right to stay out of PK mode to get quests done. Otherwise, like I said before, there should be a safe zone path and area for the bosses.

+1... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I love how this pk thing in Secret Passage isn't even a big deal on PvP servers. We use to pk in there all the time back in 09. It was fun but now it's boring. Killing blue names doesn't serve any purpose. We all just went and had a Tea Party in there when we found out about the coding error.

Oh you PvE servers abusing newbs, you baddies.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I love how this pk thing in Secret Passage isn't even a big deal on PvP servers. We use to pk in there all the time back in 09. It was fun but now it's boring. Killing blue names doesn't serve any purpose. We all just went and had a Tea Party in there when we found out about the coding error.

Oh you PvE servers abusing newbs, you baddies.

LOL i agree with susa, on LC iv seen maybe 1 person attack EVERY one he saw in SP even the blue names since this has happened. hell SP is still as empty as ever even with this bug in it.

i find it ironic that all the PKing harassment is coming from the PvE serversb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's because PvE servers don't have as much PK action as PvP servers do, and when some nubs see someone they can attack, they get a bulge in their pants and attack them.

To be honest though, I've been semi glancing over my PW client inside SP to see if there's any PK action in there or anything like that, and all it is (for now at least) is some random high levels nobody has ever heard of that are camping in there and killing other high levels that come through (if they can). I've seen a few people who kill lowbies, but most of them are left alone, and I've seen a few people mention that they were doing the quests, and the PK'ers simply said *ok* in common chat and let them be.

On HT as of right now, this isn't too big of an issue. It seems as though the big concern is the lowbies not being able to quest (ridiculous if you think they will never complete their quests..) and that isn't happening here.

If anyone is NEVER able to complete their quest, it is because 1) Someone is camping there and killing everyone..so go do another quest or grind a bit. 2) They are being absolute prats and running their mouths like a 10 year old, and are being killed for that reason.

My opinion? Keep SP like this, or for God's sake open the Arena PROPERLY (the PWIC one..not this joke of an arena you guys have) so we can do something.
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    BIaze_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's because PvE servers don't have as much PK action as PvP servers do, and when some nubs see someone they can attack, they get a bulge in their pants and attack them.

To be honest though, I've been semi glancing over my PW client inside SP to see if there's any PK action in there or anything like that, and all it is (for now at least) is some random high levels nobody has ever heard of that are camping in there and killing other high levels that come through (if they can). I've seen a few people who kill lowbies, but most of them are left alone, and I've seen a few people mention that they were doing the quests, and the PK'ers simply said *ok* in common chat and let them be.

dont forget those who pk the people attacking others :D

On HT as of right now, this isn't too big of an issue. It seems as though the big concern is the lowbies not being able to quest (ridiculous if you think they will never complete their quests..) and that isn't happening here.

If anyone is NEVER able to complete their quest, it is because 1) Someone is camping there and killing everyone..so go do another quest or grind a bit. 2) They are being absolute prats and running their mouths like a 10 year old, and are being killed for that reason.

My opinion? Keep SP like this, or for God's sake open the Arena PROPERLY (the PWIC one..not this joke of an arena you guys have) so we can do something.

and 100% agree, keep SP how it is or open the arena.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Eventho I'm on PvP Server, I feel bad for those on PvE Servers.
    Well, some peeps choose PvE Server and stay blue name for a reason(s) ;O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Crabclaw, our substitute, is the one who received the e-mails back from the higher-ups who made the ultimate decision that PvP is currently allowed in the Secret Passage as long as harassment of lowbies does not occur.

So now it's ok again? Would they make up their mind already?
This discussion has been closed.