Another best of.. thread...woo.

Options

Comments

• StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Theres at least 6 r9 bms on server, if not more.
    Considering that sk is the only one talked about in both positive and negative ways, that alone makes him stand out compared to the other r9 bms.

the only time i hear anything positive about him......... is when your posting about him, i'm still waiting on the day where he'll 1v1 me btw b:bye
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    [[[["And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."]]]]

this should be framed in a plaque right next to your J.D.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    [[[["And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."]]]]

this should be framed in a plaque right next to your J.D.

That spot is already taken - by a plaque saying "Partner in Charge of Weird Sh*t"
    Theres at least 6 r9 bms on server, if not more.
    Considering that sk is the only one talked about in both positive and negative ways, that alone makes him stand out compared to the other r9 bms.

careful using that standard - people have been talking about me more than any other wiz for as long as, well, I've been me. Makes me "stand out", um, yea, I guess. But so does a **** in a salad bar.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    careful using that standard - people have been talking about me more than any other wiz for as long as, well, I've been me. Makes me "stand out", um, yea, I guess. But so does a **** in a salad bar.

hahahhahaha
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    hahahhahaha

Sush, you. I'm this servers best example of a tt99 based wizard. Respect me!!!!
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Options
    [Skip this AD now]

*press*
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I dunno if it`s possible to determine who is actually the best, gear gap between players has become just ridiculous. My gear is a joke nowdays, nothing added to it since last december or so but comparing to anything pre R8 sales, it would not be easily shadowed. My barb has R8, refines +4-6, Some pack gear, etc. Sure it`s not completely terrible but compared to the R9s it`s just a joke, I couldnt dream of beating em. Well, assuming we are on the same planet skill wise. I used my barb as an example as I believe it to be quite fitting one.

What ppl should consider is what the good players can make of their gear, not who actually beats or does what. Sure, gear is part of the game, but I wouldnt call it skill. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against cash shoppers, Ive spent quite a bit myself, but just getting gear shouldnt be called skill. The worse gear somebody needs for doing something, the more skilled player are we talking bout. Ppl like zai pulling cata for zulusive, with inferior gear getting bombarded by R9s and still managing quite a much, that is something. There are other examples but I rather picked one of the more known ones. What I mean, how many of the ppl that has been named as skilled on this thread can pull same sort of things(on their class, obviously)? Or more like, who can do it w/o completely overshadowing the competition with gear? Just think bout it.

Ps. My work here is done, I`ll cya again in the future, I sorta hope it wont be in the near future, kitty tries to sort out his life.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dunno if it`s possible to determine who is actually the best, gear gap between players has become just ridiculous. My gear is a joke nowdays, nothing added to it since last december or so but comparing to anything pre R8 sales, it would not be easily shadowed. My barb has R8, refines +4-6, Some pack gear, etc. Sure it`s not completely terrible but compared to the R9s it`s just a joke, I couldnt dream of beating em. Well, assuming we are on the same planet skill wise. I used my barb as an example as I believe it to be quite fitting one.

What ppl should consider is what the good players can make of their gear, not who actually beats or does what. Sure, gear is part of the game, but I wouldnt call it skill. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against cash shoppers, Ive spent quite a bit myself, but just getting gear shouldnt be called skill. The worse gear somebody needs for doing something, the more skilled player are we talking bout. Ppl like zai pulling cata for zulusive, with inferior gear getting bombarded by R9s and still managing quite a much, that is something. There are other examples but I rather picked one of the more known ones. What I mean, how many of the ppl that has been named as skilled on this thread can pull same sort of things(on their class, obviously)? Or more like, who can do it w/o completely overshadowing the competition with gear? Just think bout it.

Ps. My work here is done, I`ll cya again in the future, I sorta hope it wont be in the near future, kitty tries to sort out his life.

lol wanna talk about inferior gear in pvp?

I recall getting ganked by groups of 10 Narlas, or Elusives at a time, with people like ArchCaoCao and Mizandry +10 +11 g13 while using my +4 pan gu axe,
    Nolyf in the background throwing in his debuffs and tempests, Dnem, MisaxXxMisa, in obvious ganks, etc throw a few no-name sins in there, Vahe in Bandila poking the odd stun at me,
    ---and still trying to take them all on, severely undergeared in comparison, killing a few before getting wiped out myself, and coming back for more over and over.

Thats undergeared, thats when Immunity had almost no one else that pvpd at all but maybe LordRamRod, we got owned a lot but got better, with practice, fighting people so far ahead of us in numbers/gear/levels we rarely stood a chance.

I tell ya, I tried killing caocao, without a charm 1v1, using tt80-90 gears like 40 times, and only killed him maybe 3-4 times, I didnt do it cos I disliked him, I did it cos It taught me how to kill psys, what to avoid, trying not to **** up and get myself stunned by his soulfroce, soulburn etc.

Now that I have OP gear too, it, I can understand how people may just say "OH hes just got good gear thats all hes no good at pvp!"

I still do stuff like for example pull a bloodmystic see a group of 20 Ascends at Nameless white name and go in solo to Ninja Arma bomb then all, then flee without a scratch and let the carebear QQfest begin, but its all just in good fun, they should welcome the pk action, they wanna practice ill give them it.

Instead I get Liu qqing, pming me calling me a d!ck for killing all his members rofl.
    Its not like I went in with an army, 1 barb vs 20 people and im apparently a d!ck, lawl.

Since switching to r9 axe a month ago, it allows for more equal and competitive, vs R9 sin combat where I stand a chance, I was feddup of sins owning west gate, and hardly any other barb knows how to deal with them effectively, its not just gear, its build and trying to avoid them as much as they avoid you, they do have cooldowns, you gotta fight them over and over to learn how to beat them.

Elec is the only sin that effectively has used +2.0 dagger range on me, but he was better with r8, hes gotten sloppy since he got r9 daggs, it seems they are just so easy to use that hes gotten used to every target dieing in 3 hits, which si why him dieing on bramble on cursed was so funny in pwic, I wanna make a facepalm GIF. of it lol.

A good example I could hardly ever kill metridium before I got r9 axe,
    +12 r9 daggers vs +8 tt100 (which is basically +2 r8 with no stun proc) i'd get beaten by him 9/10 times with ease.
    Since I got r9 axe its more like I lose 3/5 to him which is a big improvement, but its not just about the axe, its about timing, and what you use to beat them.
    I see so many barbs try and tank r9 sins in human form... wth do you think your doing?

I wanna just RAGE, do they not know that you pretty much cant tank any r9 in human form?
    I 1v1d cursed over and over before I got r9 axe, we would 1v1 everyday like 5-6 times a day, it was pretty even on the win/lose, id get charm *****, but it was so worth it because it taught me so much about the limits of my current gears capabilities, when cursed went +10 r9 sword, I could no longer tank him in human so I was stuck in tiger, it taught me never use human vs r9s.

Watch me in this video, dont think about the gear, think about what I do, and look at what zai does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YEKJ9Cn1w0&feature=channel_video_title

@the SK haters, also the reason I support him since he joined Immunity is not because hes joined entirely, ill admit I protect and defend my members with every breath, but more importantly, the reason is because since he joined Ive pked pvped A LOT MORE with him, everyweek faction pk, sin hunting, pwic, watching at west, I know when hes online so I know when to check at west and ive payed more attention, no one comments on how he uses that 100 skill I believe to chain immobolise stun-from-distance people,
    because none of you have payed as close attention at him as you could have.

I saw him 1v1 Gaara that lasted 20minutes, it was epic, and they had to stop cos no one could win, they were so evenly matched, and always managed to get that 1 tiger leap in before death, Gaara has fantastic gears too, better aps gears/weapon than SK at the time (sk was using deicides), everyone chooses to ignore stuff like that when slating him.

Anyways tbh, that vid should support my reasons for argueing in SK's favour, argue all you like the results speak for themselves.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol wanna talk about inferior gear in pvp?

I recall getting ganked by groups of 10 Narlas, or Elusives at a time, with people like ArchCaoCao and Mizandry +10 +11 g13 while using my +4 pan gu axe,
    Nolyf in the background throwing in his debuffs and tempests, Dnem, MisaxXxMisa, in obvious ganks, etc throw a few no-name sins in there, Vahe in Bandila poking the odd stun at me,
    ---and still trying to take them all on, severely undergeared in comparison, killing a few before getting wiped out myself, and coming back for more over and over.

Thats undergeared, thats when Immunity had almost no one else that pvpd at all but maybe LordRamRod, we got owned a lot but got better, with practice, fighting people so far ahead of us in numbers/gear/levels we rarely stood a chance.

I tell ya, I tried killing caocao, without a charm 1v1, using tt80-90 gears like 40 times, and only killed him maybe 3-4 times, I didnt do it cos I disliked him, I did it cos It taught me how to kill psys, what to avoid, trying not to **** up and get myself stunned by his soulfroce, soulburn etc.

Now that I have OP gear too, it, I can understand how people may just say "OH hes just got good gear thats all hes no good at pvp!"

I still do stuff like for example pull a bloodmystic see a group of 20 Ascends at Nameless white name and go in solo to Ninja Arma bomb then all, then flee without a scratch and let the carebear QQfest begin, but its all just in good fun, they should welcome the pk action, they wanna practice ill give them it.

Instead I get Liu qqing, pming me calling me a d!ck for killing all his members rofl.
    Its not like I went in with an army, 1 barb vs 20 people and im apparently a d!ck, lawl.

Since switching to r9 axe a month ago, it allows for more equal and competitive, vs R9 sin combat where I stand a chance, I was feddup of sins owning west gate, and hardly any other barb knows how to deal with them effectively, its not just gear, its build and trying to avoid them as much as they avoid you, they do have cooldowns, you gotta fight them over and over to learn how to beat them.

Elec is the only sin that effectively has used +2.0 dagger range on me, but he was better with r8, hes gotten sloppy since he got r9 daggs, it seems they are just so easy to use that hes gotten used to every target dieing in 3 hits, which si why him dieing on bramble on cursed was so funny in pwic, I wanna make a facepalm GIF. of it lol.

A good example I could hardly ever kill metridium before I got r9 axe,
    +12 r9 daggers vs +8 tt100 (which is basically +2 r8 with no stun proc) i'd get beaten by him 9/10 times with ease.
    Since I got r9 axe its more like I lose 3/5 to him which is a big improvement, but its not just about the axe, its about timing, and what you use to beat them.
    I see so many barbs try and tank r9 sins in human form... wth do you think your doing?

I wanna just RAGE, do they not know that you pretty much cant tank any r9 in human form?
    I 1v1d cursed over and over before I got r9 axe, we would 1v1 everyday like 5-6 times a day, it was pretty even on the win/lose, id get charm *****, but it was so worth it because it taught me so much about the limits of my current gears capabilities, when cursed went +10 r9 sword, I could no longer tank him in human so I was stuck in tiger, it taught me never use human vs r9s.

Watch me in this video, dont think about the gear, think about what I do, and look at what zai does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YEKJ9Cn1w0&feature=channel_video_title

@the SK haters, also the reason I support him since he joined Immunity is not because hes joined entirely, ill admit I protect and defend my members with every breath, but more importantly, the reason is because since he joined Ive pked pvped A LOT MORE with him, everyweek faction pk, sin hunting, pwic, watching at west, I know when hes online so I know when to check at west and ive payed more attention, no one comments on how he uses that 100 skill I believe to chain immobolise stun-from-distance people,
    because none of you have payed as close attention at him as you could have.

I saw him 1v1 Gaara that lasted 20minutes, it was epic, and they had to stop cos no one could win, they were so evenly matched, and always managed to get that 1 tiger leap in before death, Gaara has fantastic gears too, better aps gears/weapon than SK at the time (sk was using deicides), everyone chooses to ignore stuff like that when slating him.

Anyways tbh, that vid should support my reasons for argueing in SK's favour, argue all you like the results speak for themselves.

neither sk nor gaara know how to stun lock, atleast thats how it was last time i checked.... now either one of them could have won this... all they had to do (or should have done), is get their purge pole out, purge the other, build up enough chi till u could spark + white tea HF and occult ice the other one and bam..... but if sk and gaaraa were to do something like that then they wouldnt really be considered fail huh?
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    neither sk nor gaara know how to stun lock, atleast thats how it was last time i checked.... now either one of them could have won this... all they had to do (or should have done), is get their purge pole out, purge the other, build up enough chi till u could spark + white tea HF and occult ice the other one and bam..... but if sk and gaaraa were to do something like that then they wouldnt really be considered fail huh?

Only as fail as hfing cursed with an ig on lol.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Um, i was owning pluto before i had ANY rank 9 pieces - and his tt90 +7 vs my rank 9 +6 ain't that big a difference ( a few hundred hp and what? 3% more damage reduction?) when he's running with a +11/+12 or whatever weapon thats at least g13.

And I am not proud of anything. But facts are facts - I have no problems with pluto, while other psychics are absolutely unkillable (for me at least). That, since you've missed it, was the point. Not once did i say I was great because I killed pluto. Nor did I even say he was fail, in fact. I just said others were better.

Late reply to this one but,

why did you disregard all the adds a full r9 set gives? r9 armour has a few % more p.def m.def and hp, (every little helps) but the main reason for getting the full set as you well know is for the adds, crit, att lvls and def lvls boost you with that g16 gear compared to pluto's tt90 green handmedowns. Pluto has a +11 g13 lunar weapon 1 soc, you have a g12 2 sock +10 weapon, not a particularly big difference, but with the added att lvls from your r9 armour it gives a considerable boost.

dont try and portay yourself as being an underpowered wiz with equal gear to pluto because you sir are as cash shopped r9 as they get!

If r9 armour wasnt so great youd be using tt90 green too.

I call KOS on bloodmystic hes OP we gotta all take him down or west gate will be ruined by wizards!

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Kattanyia - Archosaur
    Kattanyia - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Late reply to this one but,

why did you disregard all the adds a full r9 set gives? r9 armour has a few % more p.def m.def and hp, (every little helps) but the main reason for getting the full set as you well know is for the adds, crit, att lvls and def lvls boost you with that g16 gear compared to pluto's tt90 green handmedowns. Pluto has a +11 g13 lunar weapon 1 soc, you have a g12 2 sock +10 weapon, not a particularly big difference, but with the added att lvls from your r9 armour it gives a considerable boost.

dont try and portay yourself as being an underpowered wiz with equal gear to pluto because you sir are as cash shopped r9 as they get!

If r9 armour wasnt so great youd be using tt90 green too.

I call KOS on bloodmystic hes OP we gotta all take him down or west gate will be ruined by wizards!

*Cringes..omg, now you've done it. *Puts on a pot of tea in preparation of 30 minutes of reading response to this. b:chuckle
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No reason to argue with Rion because he refuses to accept any valid points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No reason to argue with Rion because he refuses to accept any valid points.

i would have to agree with you here sir.... i dub this to be fact
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    zarbone vs. cursed. cursed > zarb

survivability40% damage40% utility10% skill 10%
    cursed cursed tie tie

= what does this mean? if cursed were playing on zarbones archer against himself on his wizard, the wizard would win every time. this is a serious flaw in the PvP of pwi today because of what i pointed out earlier, there are inherit differences based on 4 categories, all the while the most important one (skill) mattering no more than simply the utility of their particular character vs the one they are playing against in any given match up. defense and attack contribute to 80% of everything these days (which COINCIDENTALLY :lolsarcasmlol: are the two categories you can upgrade with $$$$$.)

rionhale vs. zaibeast. rion > zai

riohale riohale tie tie

=what does this mean? for the same reason, rions barb inherently has an 80% advantage. now you expect skill to make up for that difference? laugh

aquazor vs. studmuffin. aqua > stud

tie (white voodo sup?) aquazor tie who knows

sk vs. shrimp. sk = shrimp. about the only match up you can somewhat equal out

sk shrimp tie obsolete / irrelevant

to save time:
    miz + lusin vs emna + peta. miz + lusin > on the first two categories, with ties for
    all we know on the last two.

basically the only advantage i see polo having during that fight was miz and lusin over immunitys veno and cleric, yet neither cleric or veno carry as much weight for an advantage as the first three do for immunity.

TL:dr -> this video proves absolutely nothing, lol mmorpgs
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    *Cringes..omg, now you've done it. *Puts on a pot of tea in preparation of 30 minutes of reading response to this. b:chuckle

*waits for some bloodymystic over-analytical step by step breakdown point to point post to prove a point that always ends with him being "right"*

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    zarbone vs. cursed. cursed > zarb

cursed cursed tie tie

= what does this mean? if cursed were playing on zarbones archer against himself on his wizard, the wizard would win every time. this is a serious flaw in the PvP of pwi today because of what i pointed out earlier, there are inherit differences based on 4 categories, all the while the most important one (skill) mattering no more than simply the utility of their particular character vs the one they are playing against in any given match up. defense and attack contribute to 80% of everything these days (which COINCIDENTALLY :lolsarcasmlol: are the two categories you can upgrade with $$$$$.)

rionhale vs. zaibeast. rion > zai

riohale riohale tie tie

=what does this mean? for the same reason, rions barb inherently has an 80% advantage. now you expect skill to make up for that difference? laugh

aquazor vs. studmuffin. aqua > stud

tie (white voodo sup?) aquazor tie who knows

sk vs. shrimp. sk = shrimp. about the only match up you can somewhat equal out

sk shrimp tie obsolete / irrelevant

to save time:
    miz + lusin vs emna + peta. miz + lusin > on the first two categories, with ties for
    all we know on the last two.

basically the only advantage i see polo having during that fight was miz and lusin over immunitys veno and cleric, yet neither cleric or veno carry as much weight for an advantage as the first three do for immunity.

TL:dr -> this video proves absolutely nothing, lol mmorpgs

funny how if polo won it would probably be all due to skill I guess.
    Polo was in no way disadvantaged in that fight, they had 2 R9 +12 weapons we had 1 r8 +12 1 r9 +11.
    they made too many mistakes such as zai's epic arma on expel fackup and stud's ig hf, and shrimp hanging back for way too long thinking hed pick us off like nem or endgame like he pks.
    They all went for different targets, our squad focussed on individuals, (see how zarbone goes down) youd love to pretend like it dosent/count matter proski due to several of your clickbutt-buddies being in the polo squad.
    dont act like miz and lusin count for nothing, they basically duo tws.

edit: zai would be enma's equivelant in this, they were each the undergeared member of each team, enma is not rank, she has +2 nirvana first cast chest, some tt90 green- 99 gold +5 and lunar neon purgatory, zai is r8 with relatively equivelant gear.
    the point is zai does the dumbest thing ever thinking we make him our priority target, beastial and invoke straight away a waste of chi, followed by using his genie energy with holy paths instead of something useful, way too out of practice if you ask me for current pvp standards, then again polo had no barbs and zai joined only for buffing the squad anyways.

peta has +10 r9 weapon, but +3 tt99 armour, we knew shed get targetted first, but the important thing for us was to take out miz and lusin with their sage purge/bramble and lusins sleep/debuff/nuking abilities/and heals, he is also full set josd +10 r9.

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you had 3-4 of you left at the end? "IF" polo would have won, those are big dynamics that would have needed to of changed, two lazy mistakes alone ("skill") would not have made up for the difference the video showed, which was a 4 to 0 result. this is precisely my point, you can't say "if" they would have won because they would not have on skill alone, unless they had gear closer to yours on the right classes. i'm not saying they are better players, or taking anything away from the good things immunity did in that fight, but what i'm saying is that even if polo were as good as immunity skillwise (if they arent already), if you break down the gear and classes the way i did you can see that immunity still had the better advantage going into the fight.

the only reason why people could never see how good wizards were on our server against their often counter part DDer (archer) is because i was the only real wizard that pked often, and every archer (zhadi, potato, etc.) has always massively outgeared me. cursed is probably THE number one best geared character on the server if you take into account the fact that its on a wizard, and in the hands of a fairly good player. if there were any psy as good as him with the same gear, then the psy would be better, but there isnt. the only psys i can think of with gear TAHT good are athros and kat, but both know they arent that good.

immunity also had 3 "tanky dps" characters better than polo. in the spirit of fairness i had sk equal to shrimp, but most of us know better than that deep down. shrimp is what, dot sharded? hes so weak in a 6v6 compared to SK's toon. aquazors psychic is absolutely better than studs bm as well, and then of course your r9 barb to zais poor mans barb. there is no comparison.

cursed > zarb
    rion > zai
    aqua > stud
    sk = shrimp

miz > emna
    lusin> peta

which characters serve a better purpose being the better geared against their counterpart based on jobs (dd, tanky dps, etc)? even though miz is +12 r9, it doesnt mean shes a better source of damage than a wizard with the same weapon but better utility serving DD/PK purposes. a cleric and veno don't do more for polo being better geared than their counter parts than a wizard, barb, psychic, and **** bm do for immunity.

anyway the thing is i don't think anyone here has sided with 'friends' but you. no where did i say STUD is the best bm on the server, hes at best 3rd or fourth. if im not mistaken this whole thing started with you thinking SK was 1 of the best bm's on the server based on SKILL, which is so unbelievably untrue.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you had 3-4 of you left at the end? "IF" polo would have won, those are big dynamics that would have needed to of changed, two lazy mistakes alone ("skill") would not have made up for the difference the video showed, which was a 4 to 0 result. this is precisely my point, you can't say "if" they would have won because they would not have on skill alone, unless they had gear closer to yours on the right classes. i'm not saying they are better players, or taking anything away from the good things immunity did in that fight, but what i'm saying is that even if polo were as good as immunity skillwise (if they arent already), if you break down the gear and classes the way i did you can see that immunity still had the better advantage going into the fight.

the only reason why people could never see how good wizards were on our server against their often counter part DDer (archer) is because i was the only real wizard that pked often, and every archer (zhadi, potato, etc.) has always massively outgeared me. cursed is probably THE number one best geared character on the server if you take into account the fact that its on a wizard, and in the hands of a fairly good player. if there were any psy as good as him with the same gear, then the psy would be better, but there isnt. the only psys i can think of with gear TAHT good are athros and kat, but both know they arent that good.

immunity also had 3 "tanky dps" characters better than polo. in the spirit of fairness i had sk equal to shrimp, but most of us know better than that deep down. shrimp is what, dot sharded? hes so weak in a 6v6 compared to SK's toon. aquazors psychic is absolutely better than studs bm as well, and then of course your r9 barb to zais poor mans barb. there is no comparison.

cursed > zarb
    rion > zai
    aqua > stud
    sk = shrimp

miz > emna
    lusin> peta

which characters serve a better purpose being the better geared against their counterpart based on jobs (dd, tanky dps, etc)? even though miz is +12 r9, it doesnt mean shes a better source of damage than a wizard with the same weapon but better utility serving DD/PK purposes. a cleric and veno don't do more for polo being better geared than their counter parts than a wizard, barb, psychic, and **** bm do for immunity.

you don't have to accept reality if you don't want, as its evident you are still butt hurt from an entire history of let downs on this server, but the thing is i don't think anyone here has sided with 'friends' but you. no where did i say STUD is the best bm on the server, hes at best 3rd or fourth. if im not mistaken this whole thing started with you thinking SK was 1 of the best bm's on the server based on SKILL, which is so unbelievably untrue.

Stud wont be happy your rating aqua so highly above him. lol.

aqua has 2 pieces of r9 +5 with immac sharding, (sleeves and legs or chest i think), but a +12 g14 rank 8 soulsphere, hes good though, knows how to play his class, i think he stayed in white to stay alive, and we all used omallys.

stud is full +10 with g13 +10 lunar claws and 19.5k hp? sorry does that not count to anything, hes got like 2k less hp than sk? thats underpowered man.

and ofc shrimp +11 3 pieces of gear in addition to +12 r9 daggs before the tourny, forget to mention that too? lol

We were not expected by anyone to win, everyone id talked to had polo as the faves to thrash us, and knowing and seeing the players from each team beforehand many times we could prep ourselves who to target.

Polo Team:

Player: | Shrimp | Miz | lusin | Zarbone | Stud | Zaibeast

Weapon(s): | +12 r9 | +12 r9 | +10 r9 | +12 r9 | +10 lunar/gx (unsure of refines) | r8 +4 (unsure)

Armour: | mix of nirvana, tt99/rank 8 +10-+11 | full r9 +10 | full r9 +10 | mix of nirvana(?) rank 8 tt99 +?| full +10 lunar/tt nirvana/tt99 | tt99 r8?

Immunity Team:

Player: | CurseD | RioN | SK | Aquazor | Peta | Enma

Weapon(s): | +10 r9 | +11 r9 | +10 r9 | +12 r8 | +10 r9 | +8 lunar

Armour: |full +10 r9 | mix of tt99-tt nirvana +10 | full r9 +10 | 2 piece r9 +6, r8 +5 | +3 tt99 | +5 tt99/1 piece +2 nirvana +3 tt90

in terms of armour:

2 r9 full sets vs 2 r9 full sets +10 miz/lusin vs sk/cursed.
    2 nirvana/tt +10 +11 (idk zarbs refines so i wont count him here, but i think hes +10 nirvana) vs 1 tt/nirvana +10 shrimp/stud vs rionhale

tt99/nirvana vs tt99/90green/ +5 &1piece nirvana +2 zarb vs enma

+5 tt99 vs +3 tt99 zaibeast vs peta

which leaves aqua's armour with no equivelant being rank 8 +5, and 2 piece rank 9 +6, its a mix better gear than the tt99s, but far worse refines than the r9s.

personnally it seems to me that polos squad overall has the more refinement, i do know zarb has some +10, and he was attempting to buy a +12 orb the other week, for his bow?
    but in terms of armour the arcanes in immunity's squad are far worse geared than the armours of the polo squad.
    See peta drop in like 5 seconds? +3 tt99 vs hf and r9 bow, cant be tanked like lusin tanks.

You cut miz and lusin way too short in your statements, ignoring how op their gears are completely.

So in terms of weapons:

4 r9 +10-+12 vs 4 r9 x3 +10 x1 +11,
    1 r8 +5(?) vs 1 r8 +12,
    1 lunar +10 vs 1 lunar +8

VS stats firepower with weapons, in terms of the weapon's grade, and refinement.

r9 +12 vs r9 +11,
    shrimp > rion
    r9 +12 vs r9 +10,
    miz > cursed
    r9 +12 vs r9 +10,
    zarb > peta
    r9 +10 vs r9 +10,
    lusin = sk
    r8 +12 vs lunar g13 +10,
    aqua > stud
    r8 +4 vs lunar g13 +8,
    zai > enma

If you look at it this way, 4 stronger polo weapons than immunity, 1 equal, 1 under.
    edit: and even if zarb is +10 r9 (which i dont think is true) thats still means 3 stronger polo weps 2 equal 1 under.

edit2: zarb confirmed +12 r9 bow, zai +4 r8 weapon.

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    cool post rion. Even if your gear is worse then miz and co. that does not mean you won the tourny based on skill.

Lack of gear =/= Skill

More based on match ups and classes i would say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AgentPotato - Archosaur
    AgentPotato - Archosaur Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol cute thread

'skill' in mmorpg is 100% related to timing: when you choose to press what skill, and how far ahead you can see in a fight, as well as how well you can predict your opponents and your teammates moves.

proski and rion can talk for days about the gear of the two teams and whose was better, but in the end I'm guessing they come out to pretty much the same.

imho the reason immunity won was because they pk'd together a lot more than polo's members. even though sk and cursed were/are fairly new to the faction, the other 4 immunity members have known each other quite a long time, and have been in the same faction for quite a long time. sk and cursed seem to do a lot of pvp together as well.

polo's people: lusin and miz: 'one shotting everything since 1988'. OPness is the #1 cause of incompetence in this game, trust me I know from experience. zarbone I never see in pk, ever. does zaibeast even play anymore? the only person that pk's a *** ton in that entire squad is shrimp, and anyone who pks once a week knows how much 'skill' his pk requires.

'skill' in a game is based on how well you know the game, its mechanisms, the terrain, etc. I know when I play Call of Duty, the longer you play, rinse and repeat maps, challenges, etc, the better you get.

call it what you like, but I prefer to attribute immunity's win to being more experienced and more familiar with each other. even though sometimes experience can be mistaken for skill, its a flakey term to throw around in a game, lets just throw it in a ditch somewhere and let it die?

funniest part of the whole thread is fluffy and proski commenting on it, when they quit longgggg ago for a much better game (!! LoL !!), and have got to be experiencing a major disconnect to PWI atm, or at least archosaur server. Case in point: proski 'reviving' elusive once more to overwhelming popularity...

seriously guys, its even more pathetic than the server itself
    edited August 2011
    Options
    first of rion don't mind proski, he's just butt hurt that he didn't get into nemesis and i did. as for the tourney, immunity did have better gear than polo. cursed has full rank 9 +10 (all jades), SK has full rank 9 +10 (all vit stones), you have rank 9 wep and interval gear all +10 vit stones, peta has full rank 9.... i think the only person in your squad that wasn't rank 9 was aqua and he has r8 +12. now polo on the other hand had lusin, zarb, miz, and shrimp that were rank 9s and me and zai... the gear difference is big BUT not as huge as some people are streaching it out to be. polo lost, that was that. i dont know why others are QQing for us lols
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    towards the end you just compared it based on weapon refine, and to the wrong classes. the point in comparing it to its proper counterpart is to show relevancy and how it is involved in the actual fighting. yes gear is such a huge part of all of this (80% according to me), but your method is just the simplest way of finding out who has an advantage in a 1v1, notwithstanding the changes in a team setting and who then needs to be compared to who based on roles. sure, mizs veno when r9 first came out beat just about all classes on this server on paper, but not anymore.

what purpose does showing zai's +5 r8 against your guys veno though? showing a figure like this is just a means of adding more greater than signs for a purely statisical argument l0l, without illustrating what unique advantage is brought by each class and how it compares to the closest unique advantage of the opposing team so that you actually have somewhat repeating factors on both sides to make good judgement from, that is exactly why you have to line them up the way i did which is what you don't want to do. its why barb goes to barb, veno to veno, and cleric to cleric.

otherwise, look at it without the rest of the players since you want to link miz to cursed.

+12 r9 veno with like what is it full +7-9 armor and some random garnet and vit sharding. vs. full +10 r9 wizard, but with 24 jades of steady defense, and.. oh yeah, a wizard.

flawed.
  • AgentPotato - Archosaur
    AgentPotato - Archosaur Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    first of rion don't mind proski, he's just butt hurt that he didn't get into nemesis and i did. as for the tourney, immunity did have better gear than polo. cursed has full rank 9 +10 (all jades), SK has full rank 9 +10 (all vit stones), you have rank 9 wep and interval gear all +10 vit stones, peta has full rank 9.... i think the only person in your squad that wasn't rank 9 was aqua and he has r8 +12. now polo on the other hand had lusin, zarb, miz, and shrimp that were rank 9s and me and zai... the gear difference is big BUT not as huge as some people are streaching it out to be. polo lost, that was that. i dont know why others are QQing for us lols

curious if you even noticed rions breakdown of gear...

the amount of r9 is exactly the same, the only difference being that polo had two +12 weps, and immunity had 0. lusin also has full r9 gear, +10, jades. miz has full r9, all vit stones, +10?

but hell, even i'm jealous you got into nem, and I didnt...

edit: now I'm really curious about miz' gear... I'm pretty sure its almost all vit stones, and just from knowing miz since the start of the server, I would have predicted it to be nearly if not full +10 by now
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options

i said it before ill say it again, peta +3 tt99 gold gear, enma +2 nirvana chest, +5 tt99 gear, aqua, r8 gear.

did u even read my post lol?

@ and if you want to compare sharding lusin is josd to counter cursed's.

and agent is correct weve pked together every week for godamn ages, so we had the teamwork factor going for us.

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol cute thread

'skill' in mmorpg is 100% related to timing: when you choose to press what skill, and how far ahead you can see in a fight, as well as how well you can predict your opponents and your teammates moves.

proski and rion can talk for days about the gear of the two teams and whose was better, but in the end I'm guessing they come out to pretty much the same.

imho the reason immunity won was because they pk'd together a lot more than polo's members. even though sk and cursed were/are fairly new to the faction, the other 4 immunity members have known each other quite a long time, and have been in the same faction for quite a long time. sk and cursed seem to do a lot of pvp together as well.

polo's people: lusin and miz: 'one shotting everything since 1988'. OPness is the #1 cause of incompetence in this game, trust me I know from experience. zarbone I never see in pk, ever. does zaibeast even play anymore? the only person that pk's a *** ton in that entire squad is shrimp, and anyone who pks once a week knows how much 'skill' his pk requires.

'skill' in a game is based on how well you know the game, its mechanisms, the terrain, etc. I know when I play Call of Duty, the longer you play, rinse and repeat maps, challenges, etc, the better you get.

call it what you like, but I prefer to attribute immunity's win to being more experienced and more familiar with each other. even though sometimes experience can be mistaken for skill, its a flakey term to throw around in a game, lets just throw it in a ditch somewhere and let it die?

funniest part of the whole thread is fluffy and proski commenting on it, when they quit longgggg ago for a much better game (!! LoL !!), and have got to be experiencing a major disconnect to PWI atm, or at least archosaur server. Case in point: proski 'reviving' elusive once more to overwhelming popularity...

seriously guys, its even more pathetic than the server itself

hi, my name is agentpotato, i white knight in threads i don't read then look like a dumbass for agreeing with who i just tried to make fun of.

nobody brought up the tournament until rion posted it as if served as a credential for SK. everyone elses point is that it shows nothing to his skill, skill which, on a mmorpg, has also been unanimously agreed on to be a joke, thanks for acknowledging that.

oh look, another elusive joke. how dare me get bored and make it for fun on a dead server, i guess getting 30 people while i was on vacation is less of a sting to your guys collective e-integrity then when your friends and members would regularly ditch you guys for us as you sidelined every good tw for the past year and a half because nobody wanted to stay with you lousy killjoys.

fluffy, hotshotGG's even exist on pwi forums. REAAAAAAAAAAAAL! hahaha
    edited August 2011
    Options
    curious if you even noticed rions breakdown of gear...

the amount of r9 is exactly the same, the only difference being that polo had two +12 weps, and immunity had 0. lusin also has full r9 gear, +10, jades. miz has full r9, all vit stones, +10?

but hell, even i'm jealous you got into nem, and I didnt...

i just relooked and yeah ima have to agree with you and your earlier post. the polo squad was kinda just made on the fly by accumulating a group of people that had good gear and a name for themselves. we didn't really had any experience ppking together and that really hurt us. and as you said immunity had sk and cursed that ALWAYS pk together, and the other 4 members have been together for a long time. we lostm plain and simple... i would love to do it again and ima say good fight to you guys ^_^
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i said it before ill say it again, peta +3 tt99 gold gear, enma +2 nirvana chest, +5 tt99 gear, aqua, r8 gear.

did u even read my post lol?

@ and if you want to compare sharding lusin is josd to counter cursed's.

and agent is correct weve pked together every week for godamn ages, so we had the teamwork factor going for us.

oh yeah bro? teamwork? terrain? but wasn't it a little bit frightening? or was it okay because you had expert timing?
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Since i have quit, PWI now takes skill? I am experiencing a "major disconnect" from the pwi community. The stupidity of this thread is incredible, if you think this game takes skill you are experiencing a "major disconnect" with your brain. PWI Pvp is won by

1. Gear (80% of fights)
    2. Class (18% of fights)
    3. Skill (2% of fights)

Everyone who massively cash shop's feels this "major disconnect". You have no idea how many fights you have won because of your gear, and to say otherwise just shows how deluded you are about your gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Since i have quit, PWI now takes skill? I am experiencing a "major disconnect" from the pwi community. The stupidity of this thread is incredible, if you think this game takes skill you are experiencing a "major disconnect" with your brain. PWI Pvp is won by

1. Gear (80% of fights)
    2. Class (18% of fights)
    3. Skill (2% of fights)

Everyone who massively cash shop's feels this "major disconnect". You have no idea how many fights you have won because of your gear, and to say otherwise just shows how deluded you are about your gear.

If you quit maybe you should stop logging in everyday ijs.

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-