Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Comments

• T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    jaxaether wrote: »
    some people carry one with them wherever they go. some people wouldn't know one if it dropped on their thick skulls.

Gosh if only someone so high and mighty would stoop from their lofty seat and teach me the Way of Justice and Righteousness.
  • Idlemaster - Heavens Tear
    Idlemaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    <---Looks into crystal ball.

GM: The devs. have informed us that the so called "Goon Glitch" is actually an intended feature. Congradulations on finding our little Easter Egg. Happy Leveling! Coming soon, Rank IX 80% off sale.

R9 who spent $1000's: QQ Game Is Dead!!!
  • jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Gosh if only someone so high and mighty would stoop from their lofty seat and teach me the Way of Justice and Righteousness.

Yeah, might wanna talk to your parents about that. My kids don't seem to have any problems knowing right from wrong.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why was this thread on the second page ? I demand answers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Because no one cares.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Because no one cares.

Silly mage...Everybody cares. b:chuckle

That's the reason this thread has 80+ pages so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
    edited July 2011
    I doubt much will happen to those that did it, and that bothers me the most, because you can see - easily, who is abusing it. Just look on the forum, you see many that were 100>101 and are now 105.

It bothers me because it almost seems as breaking TOS has no real punishment. Even people that have been banned from forum, simply use another account and still post using same name as a sig. IP address not banned, only account.

While I say I don't care what other people do, it is very frustrating to see someone go from 100 to 105 using this short cut, and then pk you over and over. It is frustrating to know people bot, ****, use exploits, and help cover each others trail and excel in the game... while you tread on slowly....

These new clicks popup, and you get excluded from them because you don't ... do these things...

It just .. is frustating... hitting 105 sooner does unbalance things because then you have more people with more stat points and able to see the ones that did level slowly -in steath. It is a BIG edge in TW....

It is hard enough to get the lvl 99 gear, then R8, and peer pressure pushes you to R9 and now.... level fast and easy.

My opinion? It would be faster to find out who expoited this and got to 105 fast. Ban them and send a LOUD message to the rest. Continue to do that - and it would ensure less did it and buy time to fix the exploit.

The database would be able to tell the experience gain in a short amout of time, specifically targeting those at 103>105 and etc....

It just seems faster to slam down the hammer to bring a quick jolt to it stopping -and- continue to monitor while fix is being created.

Simply put - figure out who violated tos by using Dragons, monitor World Chat (where on my server they continually do call outs for Dragon FC) and perma-ban the abusors....

And again - yes - this is affecting TW... the 105s can see the sins in steath - have more stat points availbe to them.
    Yes listen to this person all 105's must be perma banned. And oracle users, Don't forget those darn frost room buyers how dare they level to 90+ so easily when we had to work for it! Oh wait what. Same thing? Ban people who quest to, only way to lvl is grind on mobs b:angryb:angryb:angry
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    so all those people who glitched medals
    they made no difference either?
    so makin all those rank9's wasnt detrimental?
    b:bye
  • martln
    martln Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    so all those people who glitched medals
    they made no difference either?
    so makin all those rank9's wasnt detrimental?

I don't understand why you try to defend this topic. Not to mention the ONLY defense people continue to spout are other instances of glitching. The problem there is that the other glitch's mentioned are against ToS then guess what, so is this.

Again no idea why you cheaters try to defend yourself. O wait it's human nature I guess. The only ones who defend this are the ones able to exploit it. I like reading the forums.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The only defense people have come up with is that this is how the game has always been run.

Also, didn't know the outcome of (any significant) TW is determined by sins...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I still dont get what the big deal is.

Oh no, people can get 20 more stat points. Personaly I wouldent mind if they went and made the goonz glitch into its own instance. Seriously Its not like CC removal, the addition of sins or the release of rank 9 where pvp just died. Or the release of fcc+hypers originaly where entire new teirs of gear were opened.

People are leveling at a level where...its not needed anymore. Lah, De, Dah.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    People are hiding behind the argument that this is a violation of ToS, like a bunch of little kindergarten kids snitching to their teacher about some kid tossing paper balls in class.

What they're really upset about is the fact that they think they worked super hard for their levels and the goon squads ruined it for them.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think those goonz squads are fun b:chuckle, I think it should be added as a feature perhaps the exp given by goonz should be lowered a bit to prevent people from power leveling too much, but damn those 100+ goonz surely scared me when I first saw them b:laugh

This is the most fun activity in the game after TW, sometimes is even better b:victory
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Another sure fire sign that a game has reached a fatal death spiral is when end game glitches and dare we speak it (exploits) exists which the devs are aware of, but leave in place as long as high volume cash shoppers are the ones using it. Anything to keep that almost free money rolling in. An arcane in group secret to top off your powerleveling efforts, right this way, as if it were a sort of velvet rope VIP room reserved for high rollers.

Watch carefully who defends this, or to put it another way, who personally attacks anyone who questions this status quo.

Wake up and smell the coffee, asking this bunch to clean up their act is like asking the ****' Angles to observe the speed limit.

There are still plenty of decent people playing here, and most just want to get on with their game, while trying their best to ignore the faster-levels at any cost crowd. I would not waste more than a passing mention of this unfortunate state of affairs.
    Just some guy
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    People are hiding behind the argument that this is a violation of ToS, like a bunch of little kindergarten kids snitching to their teacher about some kid tossing paper balls in class.

What they're really upset about is the fact that they think they worked super hard for their levels and the goon squads ruined it for them.

I wouldn't say so.

Personally I don't like this is because now all that you see on WC is either:
    1. Goon squads
    2. Head sellers
    3. 85-95 FCCs

I've not seen too many 95+ FCCs at all. It's all been turned into goon squads. And even less I've seen any 100+ FCCs.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Gonna tell on youuuuuuuuu umumumumumumuuuuuuum

and the gm's are gona be soooooooo mad!
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    @Olb
    You can solo your FCCs.
  • Forrester - Dreamweaver
    Forrester - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Too often i hear the excuse about it not mattering what other people do, but it does affect me cause it definitely makes it harder to find squads when everyone is out fc glitching instead of running normal. It's been stated by gm that this is bannable. So i have to risk my entire account to keep up....thats wrong.
    Oh an let me say it one more time-gms have said this is bannable so dont get confuse about selective or lack of enforcement, it is bannable.
    yeah this is huge advantage to sins....the stealth level ability the 20 or so points of dex do add up btw...how much would a 20 vit stone cost? Also i think you get a def an attack level againt pve per level, how much do those things sell for? so no more of this its harmless **** either.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    The value of being 3 levels higher (3 levels because most semi-motivated players reached 102 before knowing about the glitch anyway) in coins is not comparable to the cost of endgame gear. Might be a shard or two and a crappy stat tome but that's it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Think about how this affects TW - and recruiting for TW.

How many guilds now will be forced to ONLY recruit level 105 Sins, so they might be able to steath past some of the guilds using this exploit.

How many guilds that TW will have to lift their lvl cap on ALL classes to keep up?

And how will they? Exploit the ban too?

Tell me.. some of you have all the answers...

OR do they lose their land piece by piece to those that are exploiting it?

Quilue - when their sins are 105 and you are 101 - you will feel it and your wrong, these stats DO add up... I am 101 and would love a fast extra 20 points on my HP.

TW is dependent on many things...formation, gear of participants, organization, lag...etc etc. but not levels FFS. Levels only matter when it relates to what gear you can get.

You're speaking of this from the perspective of a sin, where you believe if you can't see their sins and their sins can see you you're at a disadvantage. That is true, but TW is not determined by sins alone.
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    heres a tip either ban all the players that abused the glitch or make it legal..or just rollback all the 105 currently 1 month or so and see how many level 105's are left lol..
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Think about how this affects TW - and recruiting for TW.

How many guilds now will be forced to ONLY recruit level 105 Sins, so they might be able to steath past some of the guilds using this exploit.

How many guilds that TW will have to lift their lvl cap on ALL classes to keep up?

And how will they? Exploit the ban too?

Tell me.. some of you have all the answers...

OR do they lose their land piece by piece to those that are exploiting it?

A: Who cares? Sins have never turned the tide in any TW ive heared of. While being fairly good at killing Clerics, Archers cna do it better, faster and can do it again because they dont get rhaped by everyone nearby when they attack. Additionally, if a 105 Sin is wasting his time looking for other Assassins to kill, hes a dumbass. Those sins will be amongst his own side cuaisng havoc. Get distracted by that and bang, the point of having any Sins in TW at all is gone.

Additionally, how much impact do you really think a 105 Sin can have? They kill 1 person ever 2 minutes (IG + MS combo instant restealth) or every 75-90 (Kill+Restealth) or they get killed by the huge amount of instant tab targets and nukes. Either way, nothing much.

B: Uhhhh no. People would have raised the requisite past 100 already if anyone gave a ****, which as far as im aware, noone has done yet. Level 100 or level105, your the same player with the same competency and the same available gear (101 for Rank9, but if your going for R9 you wouldnt stop at 100 anyway).

C: Noones losing land over this, get over it. As much as sins may dominate world PvP they have such little impact on TW its laughable.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Can anyone post any numbers of the players banned for the FC glitch by server? Just wondering if there's any word about enforcement on this.

Semper Fi,
  • merc12345
    merc12345 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    cheaters should be banned forever
  • Yin_ - Dreamweaver
    Yin_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    PWI should just ban everyone who still plays the game.

It's impossible to play for more than 5 minutes without encountering 5 glitches.
    edited July 2011
    Lingzi I didn't know you rerolled your sin on harshlands.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @Olb
    You can solo your FCCs.

so can you.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Gives 5 stat points each level, it's fun to do, call it actual engame content and best of all: why do people spend 50k$ on a game? To enlarge their epeens ofc.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Or by screenshotting and being really evil by revealing names.b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    Naw I believe people will trip themselves up in their own good time... but so many are doing this, and its obvious by the world chat for Dragon Squads... or Third Boss FC's... and note all of the NEW lvl 105's on the forum and in the listings..

It not so much is WHAT they are doing, but that they also are getting away with it and more and more are doing it, and it is becoming acceptable (but don't get caught).

So... they get away with it and what then? Where is the line?

All I know is... where the door is... and maybe if nothing is done, I'll use it.
    2mnep36.png Bye.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.