Sins need a nerf

Options

Comments

• Faisk - Heavens Tear
    Faisk - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You may know how to play the game for level 80-ish people.. but end game is a different story. Sins become insanely more OP at end game than any other level range because they have all of their skills maxxed by then unless they just plain suck. They get a 20% HP recovery buff from a kill shot (30% if Demon) They get a 50% chance to dodge ALL status effects ( 66% if Sage) and they get 20-40% extra crit damage. They have the highest base damage of all melee classes along with the crit rate of Archers, that and being able to use Powerdash to boost that crit rate of theirs to 80% without much trouble. To top it off they have stealth and skills that give them insane amounts of chi. Saying a class with all of that isn't OP is just plain idiotic, go uninstall if you can't even recognize the simple fact that sins are OP.

not worth the time.

btw, most ppl talk like ALL sins are just sins because you judge "easy mode class". have you ever considered that some ppl actually LIKE the class itself and everything? not only because most sins are like "oh no, arcane class muahahaha demon spark and hit" AND, it's not like lower levels BMs can't kill higher levels arcane classes too or barbs. i've seen level 60 barbs defeating 80+ clerics, what about that?
    if i can defeat higher level sins with my mystic, it doesn't mean mystics are OP too.
    then again, if i come up with "lower levels" toons, you change the subject to "end game sins".
    still, if i have a different opinion, i'm an idiot. if i don't agree with ur arguments about OP sins, i'm an idiot. it seems most ppl just want sins to be squishy bms or whatever so they can defeat us easily? jesus christ!
    we can keep replying each other for months and it would end up the same way: you think i'm an idiot because i don't agree with you and bla bla bla.

im out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*insert something clever here*
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    not worth the time.

btw, most ppl talk like ALL sins are just sins because you judge "easy mode class". have you ever considered that some ppl actually LIKE the class itself and everything? not only because most sins are like "oh no, arcane class muahahaha demon spark and hit" AND, it's not like lower levels BMs can't kill higher levels arcane classes too or barbs. i've seen level 60 barbs defeating 80+ clerics, what about that?
    if i can defeat higher level sins with my mystic, it doesn't mean mystics are OP too.
    then again, if i come up with "lower levels" toons, you change the subject to "end game sins".
    still, if i have a different opinion, i'm an idiot. if i don't agree with ur arguments about OP sins, i'm an idiot. it seems most ppl just want sins to be squishy bms or whatever so they can defeat us easily? jesus christ!
    we can keep replying each other for months and it would end up the same way: you think i'm an idiot because i don't agree with you and bla bla bla.

im out.

As far as I can tell, you don't PvP on the sin at all, you don't even Cube, cuz my cleric has more kills than that and cube is all she does.

That means if people are talking about class balance in PvP, it has nothing to do with you. You wouldn't be able to judge between what is OP and what is not because of your sheer lack of PvP experience, let alone endgame PvP.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think, now, I understand why PWE REALLY wants the forum mods to edit/delete all posts referring to 'other' MMO's. Has nothing to do with direct money competition... PWI is in another class. It has to do with the fact that PWE doesn't, or can't, listen to the customers when it comes to balancing the game, fixing bugs, or... Anything, when it comes to customer concerns. Other games, however, can, and do... Though, that's really obvious.

P2P MMO's tweak the skills of each and every class just about every major patch.

PWI has had a skill tweak... NEVER.

<3 Boomkin

+1
    Altho the barb aggro 100% hit
    And they took our swimming mastery away QQQQQQ.... Lol jokes, i fly everywhere :/

And it is true, i mean... It's not like it's JUST a F2P MMO thing... even freakin' runescapes mods are better... And the player:MOD ratio is probally lower than PWI's anyway, atleast you don't have to wait 5 days for a responce on a ticket about scamming; and once they've answered, it's too late...
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You didn't know how to play your sin at high 7x/low 8x then, did you? Because a good Sin who knows what they're doing can easily stand against a 10x barb if they make use of their skills and genie properly. It's not all that hard, the fact you say it is tells me you don't have a flying **** of a clue about how to play your sin at mid-level range.

Also, make note of the non-CS part. I'm willing to bet you were still thinking of CS when you read that post considering the fact very few people have no CS gear these days. Or perhaps you're only thinking on PvP server terms, where the PvP does differ ever so slightly considering the fact you're forced into it at an earlier level.

I will challenge you in any aspect of this game. I will even make any class all over to prove you wrong.

I know about sin and other classes, I actually take my time learning and playing other classes not just a mindless faceroll on my keyboard.

Your level 100 barb friend or yourself or a person you know fails cause they cant use genies skill or their skill. Cause I will say the same that he/she dont have flying **** of clue about how to play his class.

The class has ability to be give it all the advantage it can get and excel in pve. But so does other classes.

You guys think the game is unfair , or not balance go play another game , or just shut up and play the dam game,
  • SaiKun - Harshlands
    SaiKun - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wow. All this flaming has burned my eyebrows off....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Every cleric I've ever met was a smoker. Coincidence? I think not.
    Their build, their way..if they call it Sammitch Build, I care less as long they do their job. ~ColdSnow
    Officially Retired : 6/13/2011
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol...we need to define our definition of what it means to stand against an opponent...a 8x archer can "stand" against a 10x barb barring zerk crits if he can kite...but that don't mean a 8x can kill that barb.

and SilentGodai, if there is a game people like people will discuss balance... Nobody will tell anybody to go play another game when people discuss balance in an intelligent way in any other good games...Starcraft 2, DoTA, whatever the **** ever. Spiteful QQ is not good, but intelligent balance discussions are helpful and interesting, so you shouldn't tell everyone to leave or reroll.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SaiKun - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Being a cleric, any Sin of any level can take me down. No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, genies, sleep, nuke, nothing can help. This class is stupid OP to the point I don't even hit buttons on my keyboard or click (I usually do both when I freak out during PvP, as I'm a bit of a carebear) I just sit there and enjoy the pretty lights as I die. I can hold my own in most cases to get away, this includes BMs. As for Sins, they don't even have to try, bleed on its own kills me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Their build, their way..if they call it Sammitch Build, I care less as long they do their job. ~ColdSnow
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Being a cleric, any Sin of any level can take me down. No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, genies, sleep, nuke, nothing can help. This class is stupid OP to the point I don't even hit buttons on my keyboard or click (I usually do both when I freak out during PvP, as I'm a bit of a carebear) I just sit there and enjoy the pretty lights as I die. I can hold my own in most cases to get away, this includes BMs. As for Sins, they don't even have to try, bleed on its own kills me.

Get more pdef, but after 100+ that wont even help you.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    As far as I can tell, you don't PvP on the sin at all, you don't even Cube, cuz my cleric has more kills than that and cube is all she does.

Hah! You are wrong! Faisk got 1 PvP kill, take that!
  • SaiKun - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Get more pdef, but after 100+ that wont even help you.

Lol Thanks, that makes endgame look so appealing to me. Guess I could role a Psy and watch them kill themselves. I can even still enjoy the lights b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol Thanks, that makes endgame look so appealing to me. Guess I could role a Psy and watch them kill themselves. I can even still enjoy the lights b:pleased

If I was a lvl 72 cleric and just got that information, I'd be lvl 100 psy in the next 2 weeks b:chuckle Good luck in what ever you chose.
  • ShiningRock - Lost City
    ShiningRock - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Free Thread Bump

*bumps*
  • Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
    Kane_lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hmm QQ all u want it wont happen. PWI Dont do anything to actually fix anything its 2 much work for them. if it is bigger then Fixing typo's or, lol, telling if a server is online... they wont do it. This is a already a thread, chelly must be sleeping or got fired because it is not locked yet. here is a quick example of *They dont give a *****

*Cube*
    *Pack*
    *5.0*
    Im done.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So as much as I hate using my sin for pk..... I had to prove this beyond any doubt.

Sins are
    Massively OP

Now anyone that says otherwise needs to gtfo, they're OP and need a nerf. Make it happen :(
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Old thread is old.

True thread is true.

Uncareing rich devs are uncareing and rich.

Pointless pvp is pointless.

Welcome to Pwi
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Letmeblossom - Dreamweaver
    Letmeblossom - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So as much as I hate using my sin for pk..... I had to prove this beyond any doubt.

Sins are
    Massively OP

Now anyone that says otherwise needs to gtfo, they're OP and need a nerf. Make it happen :(

Colour Coded Arrows: Really helps.
  • MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
    MadameFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yea I totally agree with you. Sins have become a problem in this game, why you think many pkers quit pwi, cause sins are overpowered. I mean its so obvious, and yet they don't want to touch them, if pwi wants to keep it that way, go ahead, but thats another reason why this game is dieing and will not last. Lack of Customer Support, lack of Gm Help, lack of Fixing errors and glitches,etc. Seriously sins need a nerf. Like sins get so many nice skills that are helpful, and look at wiz, they, a water damage skill, i mean that doesn't even help us, thats only good for physical classes, wth. Nerf sins pwi, its that obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
    b:cute
    -MadameFrost b:heart
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This thread... PWI does not give a **** about rebalancing, that would require messing with the code and thats something they can't do because their developers are busy making new PW-Clones with better graphics and the same engine.

What they want is you guys buying their new packs so they can finance their new PW-Clones and make cash of course, once the new PW-Clones start to age, they will put packs on those games too so they can milk the gaming community yet again and finance their future PW-Clones and so on.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What they want is you guys buying their new packs so they can finance their new PW-Clones and make cash of course, once the new PW-Clones start to age, they will put packs on those games too so they can milk the gaming community yet again and finance their future PW-Clones and so on.

Or perhaps instead of crying people could learn how to play their class and use it to the maximum effectiveness. Oh wait... maybe thats too much to ask. b:surrender

Fuzzy is just a hybrid axe build non-aps barb and yet still manages to hold his own. Sure, a few R9 people hurt, but so be it. The panda has killed R9 sins, R9 psys, etc etc etc.. never mind R8 who don't even pose a threat to this panda who has nothing but farmed Nirvana gear.

Maybe if people who complain on the forums spent half as much time finding a good charm/apoth/gear/genie combination in-game as they do taking time to post, they might not QQ as much. b:bye
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Or perhaps instead of crying people could learn how to play their class and use it to the maximum effectiveness. Oh wait... maybe thats too much to ask. b:surrender

Fuzzy is just a hybrid axe build non-aps barb and yet still manages to hold his own. Sure, a few R9 people hurt, but so be it. The panda has killed R9 sins, R9 psys, etc etc etc.. never mind R8 who don't even pose a threat to this panda who has nothing but farmed Nirvana gear.

Maybe if people who complain on the forums spent half as much time finding a good charm/apoth/gear/genie combination in-game as they do taking time to post, they might not QQ as much. b:bye

Are you an idiot? Unless you're extrememly skilled our outgear your opponent.. a decently geared sin can either one shot you from stealth or stun>auto you dead in two seconds, unless you're HA... then you get an extra few seconds to react, which, if you suck... won't really matter. No matter how effective you are at your class, unless you're a highly refined R9 Psy a sin of equal skill/gear wins. You can't get around it, that's just how it is. It's not a matter of knowing your class, it's a matter of a broken class.

If you, a non APS Barb without Nirv gear can take down R9s... my guess is they were afk, or uncharmed and HORRIBLY fail. A rank 9 Sin can hit over 10k past HA... a rank 9 Psy? You're probably a one shot to that if it's properly refined. Your Nirv gear may cut it against people that aren't that good, but a +12 G15 sin with Sac strike/GoF will roll you. I don't care how skilled you think you are or what apo you use, if that sin has the slightest clue as to what he's doing you're dead.

Seriously... instead of acting superior to someone why don't you go fight people that know what the **** they're doing instead of telling people to go get better gear. OH wow you farmed Nirvana gear.. Whoopty freaking doo, that's not hard, all those bosses do is random aggro and the occasional seal. That's SO hard to get the hang of! Like wow dude, you farmed Nirv gear?!! You must be so skilled and can beat broken classes!

Gosh....
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Whilst fuzzy is right, and people should just stop QQing, learn their class, learn to pk, try combos and stuff it can't compare to a sin who knows exactly what their doing (or a rich psy). What r9 sin did you beat? I'm sure he didn't have any idea what he was doing. No offence.
  • theloek
    theloek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy, what you are talking about doesn't have anything to do whit the subject of this post.

It's about sins being OP, about the fact that sins have a huge advantage over other classes only because of their class not because of the skill of the player.

If what you said would be true, i would be able to compete with sins of my lvl because i play my character for over 2 years now, but the fact is that same lvl sins sometimes kill me without leaving a chance for me to do something back.

I dont think thats what pvp is designed for and if you think the same then you agree with the fact sins should be nerfed.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy, while I'm sure you had the best intentions, your post came off as kinda douchey and not exactly what one would call "positive input" >_>"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Are you an idiot? Unless you're extrememly skilled our outgear your opponent.. a decently geared sin can either one shot you from stealth or stun>auto you dead in two seconds, unless you're HA... then you get an extra few seconds to react, which, if you suck... won't really matter. No matter how effective you are at your class, unless you're a highly refined R9 Psy a sin of equal skill/gear wins. You can't get around it, that's just how it is. It's not a matter of knowing your class, it's a matter of a broken class.

If you, a non APS Barb without Nirv gear can take down R9s... my guess is they were afk, or uncharmed and HORRIBLY fail. A rank 9 Sin can hit over 10k past HA... a rank 9 Psy? You're probably a one shot to that if it's properly refined. Your Nirv gear may cut it against people that aren't that good, but a +12 G15 sin with Sac strike/GoF will roll you. I don't care how skilled you think you are or what apo you use, if that sin has the slightest clue as to what he's doing you're dead.

Seriously... instead of acting superior to someone why don't you go fight people that know what the **** they're doing instead of telling people to go get better gear. OH wow you farmed Nirvana gear.. Whoopty freaking doo, that's not hard, all those bosses do is random aggro and the occasional seal. That's SO hard to get the hang of! Like wow dude, you farmed Nirv gear?!! You must be so skilled and can beat broken classes!

Gosh....

*ear scratch* good zan, has a cookie
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *ear scratch* good zan, has a cookie

*eats it* b:cool
  • buysell123
    buysell123 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    GMS CAN U READ IT?
    **** u stpud biitchs
    u closed my forum cuz i was asking for a sins nerf
    u dont rlly care about ur player opinions?
    this game were cool,but this stupids sins are getting OP
    **** u
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    buysell123 wrote: »
    GMS CAN U READ IT?
    **** u stpud biitchs
    u closed my forum cuz i was asking for a sins nerf
    u dont rlly care about ur player opinions?
    this game were cool,but this stupids sins are getting OP
    **** u

^ Post's like that are the reasons why GM's don't seem to care about the players opinions... and its not really the GM's that have the power to nurf sins, its the Dev's that have that power and they don't care since people like continue flame/QQ and also the fact that they make a profit of ppl who pay money to make OP sins.

Ether way, there's no point of QQing anymore..... nothing is going to change and add yet another QQ thread about them is not going make anything better.. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ^ Post's like that are the reasons why GM's don't seem to care about the players opinions... and its not really the GM's that have the power to nurf sins, its the Dev's that have that power and they don't care since people like continue flame/QQ and also the fact that they make a profit of ppl who pay money to make OP sins.

Ether way, there's no point of QQing anymore..... nothing is going to change and add yet another QQ thread about them is not going make anything better.. >.>

Apparently Wanmei's forums are full of 'nerf sins' posts and stuff similar to what we have here.

However, I'd like to vote to ban the idiot...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    buysell123 wrote: »
    gms Can U Read It?
    **** U Stpud Biitchs
    U Closed My Forum Cuz I Was Asking For A Sins Nerf
    U Dont Rlly Care About Ur Player Opinions?
    This Game Were Cool,but This Stupids Sins Are Getting Op
    **** U

Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
  • Sin - Raging Tide
    Sin - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Sins are
    Massively OP

I think if anyone triple spark / occult iced a 100 BM at lvl94, they would drop them. If that BM did it to you, you'd probably drop faster than you dropped him. Just saying b:surrender