Sins need a nerf

Options

Comments

• Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Somebody please tell me that this link is fake, that it belongs to a private server, and than that sin did not soloed harpy wraith b:surrender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CUMEb5lNIU

He did. b:surrender

That's Cheze for you. Epic dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    OP is from a PvE server, his kill count is 20x and at 96, you wouldn't usually participate in PvP against high end cashshoppers/merchanters. Also, OP is talking about Sins in 1v1, TW is very different.

The amount of time it takes to farm a 5.0 set and then earn the money to shard and refine said gear.

I made a 5.0 101 sin in 5 weeks, 5 only because I had a few business days out of town... Your point?
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    vristion wrote: »
    I made a 5.0 101 sin in 5 weeks, 5 only because I had a few business days out of town... Your point?

Sin with Deicides doesn't count. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • StealthKill_ - Sanctuary
    StealthKill_ - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, if ure un-happy with ur class, make a sin ^^
    Sins arent the easyest class on pwi, need lots of money to get good aps and damage so dun say things that u dont know ^^ b:victory
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yea save the sins are expensive before being OP **** for the BMs, and barbs, their argument is atleast valid... Sins don't even need to be 5aps in the first place to shat on everyone else's parade. The aps isnt OP, the skills they have are..

But really they are NOT whats ruining this game, its the community that contributes to continue making it worse. It's the just roll one yourself defeatist mentality that keep the game failing even more..

But then again, look at the community...very very small as it is, there are even fewer true gamers left here. Whats left here are the type of kids that spent their Allowances on a nintendo game genie to beat all those games they failed at... while the real gamers were buying the next new challenge..

Whats PWI left with? Either a pay to win credit card quester. or a play the no brainer OP class crowed...b:surrender
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sin is actually one of the cheapest classes to outfit since they don't require any refines on armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sin is actually one of the cheapest classes to outfit since they don't require any refines on armor.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- no.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sins arent the easyest class on pwi, need lots of money to get good aps and damage so dun say things that u dont know ^^ b:victory

I have a sin. And it's on a PvP server.
    And it's like playing PWI on easy mode.
    Whatsurpoint
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- no.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- yes

Stealth gank someone properly and they never even hit you back. I've stealth ganked clerics where I could have done it without any armor at all.
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    sins are OP

every1 denieing this is a tottaly r*tart

sins will get nerved eventually you will see
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

err last i checked bm are just as costly to make 5.0 & good wep dmg as a sin

hell even my fists cost more than ur daggers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • //ayne - Harshlands16
    //ayne - Harshlands16 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Everyone is saying they have a sin, but do you all really? Or are you just trying to pretend like you do to make people see your point because they think you're a sin.
    Post from your sin instead of claiming.
    No offense if you're telling the truth lol.b:laugh
    edited April 2011
    Options
    who would wanna make a sin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- yes

Stealth gank someone properly and they never even hit you back. I've stealth ganked clerics where I could have done it without any armor at all.

If you think you'll never get hit by anyone while playing a Sin, you have no concept of the class at all. I've stealth-ganked every class without being hit before. You don't refine for the people who die easily, you refine because A) not everyone dies easily, and not preparing will have them turn on you and kill you (which is doubly pathetic, because you started with an advantage), and B) unless you can come out of stealth and stunlock the instance boss you're tanking/soloing, you're going to die.

The ability to stun-lock does not mean Sins don't have to refine their gear, although you are more than welcome to perpetuate this lie to foment more mouth-frothing troglodytes joining up as fishies; it's like shooting fish in a barrel at that point, for people who aren't stupid.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    b:avoid

help me get 230 raps and maybe il like you more :O

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Everyone is saying they have a sin, but do you all really? Or are you just trying to pretend like you do to make people see your point because they think you're a sin.
    Post from your sin instead of claiming.
    No offense if you're telling the truth lol.b:laugh

My sin is on HL. If you can get on right now, I will happily take 2min outa my day to stealth gank you
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    help me get 230 raps and maybe il like you more :O

b:surrender

*Points at signature* b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If you think you'll never get hit by anyone while playing a Sin

Which I don't. But I'm just saying, you can pick and choose your targets, so the need for refines is less for you guys than anyone else.

I mean even when I occasionally do get hit by, say, a wizard (sorry fellow wizards QQ) that survived initial gank because of stone shield, my +2 armor is more than enough to tank the 1 spell he can fit in (which is usually gush/phoenix/pyro).
    edited April 2011
    Options
    *Points at signature* b:surrender

~ avoids the signature ~ >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Which I don't. But I'm just saying, you can pick and choose your targets, so the need for refines is less for you guys than anyone else.

I mean even when I occasionally do get hit by, say, a wizard (sorry fellow wizards QQ) that survived initial gank because of stone shield, my +2 armor is more than enough to tank the 1 spell he can fit in (which is usually gush/phoenix/pyro).

Then I'm sorry you only fight crappy Wizards who can't one-shot you and that you never PVE ever. Don't even get me started on what a Psychic, Barb, or a BM will do to you if you let stunlock drop.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Then I'm sorry you only fight crappy Wizards who can't one-shot you and that you never PVE ever.

More proof that you don't know your own class

Deaden Nerves

Nuff said

Edit: oh and my sin doesn't solo/tank. He lets the barb do that. Once again, no refines needed.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lady's ... get a room please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    More proof that you don't know your own class

Deaden Nerves

Nuff said

Edit: oh and my sin doesn't solo/tank. He lets the barb do that. Once again, no refines needed.

Right, because you'll always have Deaden Nerves up in every situation, just like you'll never be attacked so you don't need refines.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lady's ... get a room please

I know right.. b:sweat

I think this thread is going to get out of hand soon... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Right, because you'll always have Deaden Nerves up in every situation, just like you'll never be attacked so you don't need refines.

The scenario given was me stealth ganking a wizard.

Yeah, that's kinda a plus of being a sin, I can definitely have deaden nerves for any 1v1.

Fun Fact: gush/pyro/phoenix wouldn't 1 hit a sin anyways. You're really overestimating our power if you think that one of our poke skills can drop a sin in one hit.

And don't even try to say that it's just my crappy damage, because I can tell you right now that Wizards don't go around 1 shotting archers (who wear the same armor as you incase you didn't know).
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know right.. b:sweat

I think this thread is going to get out of hand soon... b:surrender

That's fine. These threads never last long, simply because there's so many people that feel strongly about this subject.

And this thread has been made a thousand times.

But at the end of the day, somebody has to remake the thread. We can't just let the Devs convince themselves that we don't care anymore, or that we feel that sins are balancing out as the game goes on, because they aren't.

Ijs, we have to let the Devs know that we're not happy with sins being so OP. As long as we always show interest in a nerf, we might one day get one.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    sins are OP

every1 denieing this is a tottaly r*tart

sins will get nerved eventually you will see

No... out of all of the QQ/Rant/Sins need to be nurfed/how sins should get nurfed/sins are OP threads I seen and nothing happened.

I don't think anything will change... so ether get use to it, make a OP CS class, or make a sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And don't even try to say that it's just my crappy damage, because I can tell you right now that Wizards don't go around 1 shotting archers (who wear the same armor as you incase you didn't know).

Oh, just the Wizard situation? Well, then, I guess you just put on your +2 gear for that encounter and save the +5~10 you'd need for PVE for later.

If none of my gear was refined, I'd have in the neighborhood of about 3.5k HP. It's not uncommon for me to be Gushed for 2-4k, and I've been crit for over 8k with the skill (which did one-shot me because...dundunduuuuun, Deaden Nerves was down and I didn't see the Wizzie coming).

This is why people told you earlier in the thread that you're not in much position to comment about endgame before you hit 100. Rank 8/9 hurts. Not enough to balance Sins (we're still overpowered), but it's enough that you'd have to have consumed several gallons worth of paint chips in your formative years to think a decent Sin would never have to refine his armor.

Of course, I don't know why we keep talking about Wizards and Assassins. Everyone knows Psychics are the best class in 1v1 PVP.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Of course, I don't know why we keep talking about Wizards and Assassins. Everyone knows Psychics are the best class in 1v1 PVP.

Wizard is interchangeable with cleric/veno/mystic/archers.

And yes psychics are ultimately the best 1v1 class.

But then that takes r9 +12, so I won't concern myself with that too much.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    At full +12 refines, sins still have the advantage over psychics in a 1v1 situation.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]