Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Bumped due to agitation.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol100pages
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dont know what PWI was thinking, but if they want to save this sale they're going to have to do better than veno pet packs. Medals are the only way to save this chip/rep sale.
  • $hereKhan - Archosaur
    $hereKhan - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    As a person who spent hours grinding lvl 90+ mobs just to get one medal of glory, it frankly defies my understanding that PWI considers obtaining the medals of glory too easy.

But what really defies logic is the tactics used to throw pie in our face again and again, if medals of glory have been removed from DQ and are not likey to make it back soon why are you having a General Summers Sale at the moment, are we supposed to be decorating our inventories with the chips ?

Or perhaps my Veno wife should be asking you why she spent her entire holiday money saving up to get her Herc and Phoenix only to find them on sale in catshops for 30 mill after ur recent pack sale.

Heres a constructive suggestion if there is an exploit or a bug in the game > fix the exploit not change the entire rules of the game. And if you do decide to change the rules atleast give the player playing by the rules and working their mouse clicking hands off a chance or enough time to plan ahead.

Oh BTW you do know that the only ppl benefiting by your removing the medals of glory are the very ppl who used the exploit. Medal of glory is now selling for 40 mill + on Arch, so all you did was turn a item that occasionally showed up in catshops for 10 - 12 mill into a 40 mill + item for the benefit of the exploiters.

If i was a develeloper concerned with people using an exploit to get ahead, id remove the temptation completely. Make the medal of glory completely NON-tradable in DQ and remove it from TW if that is whats causing the exploit ... atleast that way when we see a person wearing rank 9 we know he made some effort grinding or making money to collect the DQ points needed to get the medals.
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    guys for once remove your head from box and think for yourself...was no exploit was nothing..ppl who bought medals used then to get rank...same ppl bought ...dq from stalls for same PRICE... this "exploit" is a really lame excuse to remove medal from dq rewards...not on account that are to many rank 9...but they lose money leting ppl farm own medals and not selling them in shop for 25 gold each.... next sale of reputation medal will back...in shop....because is all about moneyb:laugh
  • Hidden_Ninja - Heavens Tear
    Hidden_Ninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the only ppl benefiting by your removing the medals of glory are the very ppl who used the exploit. Medal of glory is now selling for 40 mill + on Arch, so all you did was turn a item that occasionally showed up in catshops for 10 - 12 mill into a 40 mill + item for the benefit of the exploiters.

That is a very very valid point. Your punishing the innocent and rewarding the guilty here Remove Medals from TW... make them untradable... put them back in DQ system... if you do, problem is solved... heck even make them unstackable like a perfect shard or higher... that would fix the probelm too.... its not rocket science..
  • Elesir - Heavens Tear
    Elesir - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this thread must be read and replied to by GMs or whatever PWI representatives there are.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this thread must be read and replied to by GMs or whatever PWI representatives there are.

They're too busy playing Halo and P2P MMO's to reply.

Try again later, like in another 103 pages.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They reply in average once in 54 pages. So chances are we got a reply before page 108. But it's an average...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Fragil - Harshlands
    Fragil - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Im still waiting they get back to their senses and put them back in DQ rewards.
    One thing would be if they WARNED it wasnt permanent.
    People like me would have a deadline to farm them, and that was it.
    Instead we're stuck with thousands of useless points plus hundreds of real money invested on chips, without any warning of what would happen.
    Would it be so hard to say "hey guys, next week medals will be removed."
    Voila, this thread and the hundreds of irritated people wouldnt be here, but once again PWE makes the decisions that effect all of the playerbase without giving us a single hint.

Again, still waiting for their team to get back to their senses, along with everyone else most likely.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Know what I'm reminded of now that I think about it?

The free genie reset stuff when they had gone and overhauled the genie system. So many people were pissed about the lack of warning and wanted it brought back.

Never happened. Who wants to bet the same thing will happen here?
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They reply in average once in 54 pages. So chances are we got a reply before page 108. But it's an average...

You're playing the wrong class... You should be an Archer. b:avoid
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    WOW , 1000+ posts and not yet official response .

gg GM's

edited April 2011
    Options
    WOW , 1000+ posts and not yet official response .

gg GM's

I'll say it again...

Are you expecting a response?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    fuzzy lock up a pose about this FUZZZY you going to lock this one up tooo.b:shutup
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy locked up a post about this... FUZZZY, are you going to lock this one up tooo.b:shutup

Sorry, had to correct the grammar...pet peeve of mine.

Anyway, Fuzzy locked the other thread because there is already one about the exact same topic (a.k.a. Duplicate thread of this one got closed)

The moderation staff has no intention to lock this thread, because it is a legitimate concern expressed by the community.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Sorry, had to correct the grammar...pet peeve of mine.

Anyway, Fuzzy locked the other thread because there is already one about the exact same topic (a.k.a. Duplicate thread of this one got closed)

The moderation staff has no intention to lock this thread, because it is a legitimate concern expressed by the community.

In other words, the GMs actually care. They just have little power in this sort of issue, so all we can do is continue pushing our voice until those who are in charge, who do have the power to fix this, finally get the message that we, the players, will not take this lying down, and will not give up until this issue has been rectified.

Keep doing your best Kritty, I'll make sure to invite you to the victory party. There will be kandies!
  • krittycat
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Im still waiting they get back to their senses and put them back in DQ rewards.
    One thing would be if they WARNED it wasnt permanent.
    People like me would have a deadline to farm them, and that was it.
    Instead we're stuck with thousands of useless points plus hundreds of real money invested on chips, without any warning of what would happen.
    Would it be so hard to say "hey guys, next week medals will be removed."
    Voila, this thread and the hundreds of irritated people wouldnt be here, but once again PWE makes the decisions that effect all of the playerbase without giving us a single hint.

Again, still waiting for their team to get back to their senses, along with everyone else most likely.

As has been stated by frankie himself, the main company (Chinese base of operations) told our GMs not to warn the players, due to fear of the exploit being abused more in that week. Also, the decision to put the Medals back into the DQ Rewards is not the GMs' to make. That jurisdiction lies solely with the parent company. And lastly, the GMs are not allowed to say if the Medals will be released in the boutique...when have they ever said anything until a Tuesday? I'm sorry, but I feel like the only answer you guys are going to be happy with is one that our GMs can't give you...
    In other words, the GMs actually care. They just have little power in this sort of issue, so all we can do is continue pushing our voice until those who are in charge, who do have the power to fix this, finally get the message that we, the players, will not take this lying down, and will not give up until this issue has been rectified.

Keep doing your best Kritty, I'll make sure to invite you to the victory party. There will be kandies!

This post is so very true...and I look forward to it, Bellarie.b:victory
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Know what I'm reminded of now that I think about it?

The free genie reset stuff when they had gone and overhauled the genie system. So many people were pissed about the lack of warning and wanted it brought back.

Never happened. Who wants to bet the same thing will happen here?

However is not exactly the same. The genie resets were at least available in the boutique. It was dirty move too, but there was a way to fix it.
  • Hidden_Ninja - Heavens Tear
    Hidden_Ninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    As has been stated by frankie himself, the main company (Chinese base of operations) told our GMs not to warn the players, due to fear of the exploit being abused more in that week. Also, the decision to put the Medals back into the DQ Rewards is not the GMs' to make. That jurisdiction lies solely with the parent company. And lastly, the GMs are not allowed to say if the Medals will be released in the boutique...when have they ever said anything until a Tuesday? I'm sorry, but I feel like the only answer you guys are going to be happy with is one that our GMs can't give you...

so what your saying is, its not the GM's fault so we should beok with them throwing there hands in the air and giving up?

How about the GM's make some damn noise like we are and get some darn results, the fact of the matter is alot of us really worked our butts off getiting chips and DQ points only to have the medals torn away from us before we could complete our sets.

fact is what has been done isnt right and if the GMs are the only ones we can gripe to then sounds to me like if the GM's dont like it they should get on the phone with some one who can do somthing. Its not ok to just sit on your hands while so many real people are genuinly screwed up the butt.

Get off your butt, pick up the darn phone and do somthing.
  • krittycat
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so what your saying is, its not the GM's fault so we should beok with them throwing there hands in the air and giving up?

How about the GM's make some damn noise like we are and get some darn results, the fact of the matter is alot of us really worked our butts off getiting chips and DQ points only to have the medals torn away from us before we could complete our sets.

fact is what has been done isnt right and if the GMs are the only ones we can gripe to then sounds to me like if the GM's dont like it they should get on the phone with some one who can do somthing. Its not ok to just sit on your hands while so many real people are genuinly screwed up the butt.

Get off your butt, pick up the darn phone and do somthing.

You don't think they already aren't talking to the real decision-makers? The GMs here genuinely care about the players' opinions, and have worked in the past to get things fixed (Note the TW rewards). It's like I said though...even if they're making progrees, they really can't tell you much about it, if anything at all. Also, remember that getting things approved as DQ Rewards items does take time (as frankie has already said), but be assured that the GMs are working toward a solution for the current situation.
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I seen some place in here... some saying about BOTS forsaken world has bots selling gold... i made a post in there forums but no one is saying anything about it... so its ok to bot there but i have not seen any in here.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I seen some place in here... some saying about BOTS forsaken world has bots selling gold... i made a post in there forums but no one is saying anything about it... so its ok to bot there but i have not seen any in here.b:cry

What? You want bots in PWI...? Like if stupid scammers were not enough? b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    it was to get the MOD to say some thing but its not right anyways .no i dont want BOT in here..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You don't think they already aren't talking to the real decision-makers? The GMs here genuinely care about the players' opinions, and have worked in the past to get things fixed (Note the TW rewards). It's like I said though...even if they're making progrees, they really can't tell you much about it, if anything at all. Also, remember that getting things approved as DQ Rewards items does take time (as frankie has already said), but be assured that the GMs are working toward a solution for the current situation.

Would be nice, at least, if they would tell us they're trying. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Longest first page unsticked thread in our history, that should tell pwi something about the issue...
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

b:surrender ok not trying to bash what you said or anything but they sure got that horse in there with a quickness and if things have to be preapproved to be allowed in there as a reward then medals should have already been approved as on then. They just need to fix the exploit with them (along with so many other abused bugs players arent punished for abusing) and thats all I realy have to say about
  • Crystal_Seer - Harshlands
    Crystal_Seer - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, haven't read the last 40 pages so dono if its mentioned or not, but the replacement "rare" item is up, 150k dq points to getb:laugh
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, haven't read the last 40 pages so dono if its mentioned or not, but the replacement "rare" item is up, 150k dq points to getb:laugh

nope youre totally the first person to mention it. gratz man!
This discussion has been closed.