Bloodmystics Up-to-date, Comprehensive, Living, Breathing Wizard Guide

Options

Comments

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hey BLOOD, just out of curiosity, what weapon/refine are you using? r8 right?
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well I mean look at Vietxtcguy. Horrible at his class yet top pker of all time. Just my 2 cents.

I watched him get solo'd by an 9x ep using hh80 sword at mirror b:laugh
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So much rage in this thread x.X.

Didn't read the guide yet but it still looks like you have not finished half of it yet. Maybe spend more time on the guide instead of arguing with people here?
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm quite sure he has raged IRL, Moog. He hasn't posted anything in a while, but I'm sure he'll come back soon with huge, long essays about how terrible people we are. Though, I appreciate the fact that he took more time to /wrist at people than finishing his guide. Shows us how important we are to him :D
  • AgentPotato - Archosaur
    AgentPotato - Archosaur Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BLOODMYSTIC, Zhadi, and Proski posting in a wizard guide by BM?

I can't just stand by and not post.

b:pleased
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I make videos of good pvp.. fighting one tough opponent or multiple lesser ones is essentially the same.

vs
    I don't really consider it pvp when its me vs 3-4 people where any one of them wouldn't be a challenge in a 1v1. I could go on and on.. but pvp is basically dead on LC imo.

b:chuckle

Just another one of Adroits silly little self-contradictions.
    Hey BLOOD, just out of curiosity, what weapon/refine are you using? r8 right?

No, I don't have rank 8, I have TT99, you know, "****" gear according to Adroit.

Unlike Adroit, however, I didn't come out here on these forums and qq crybaby about the rank sale saying i was going to rq this "dead game" as soon as my last charm runs out - and then have the stones to continue to post here months and months later.
    So much rage in this thread x.X.

Didn't read the guide yet but it still looks like you have not finished half of it yet. Maybe spend more time on the guide instead of arguing with people here?

A. Because this is more fun.

B. Because when they troll the guide before its written, I have to show them for what they are: Lost City wizards that are so arrogant, they think they are the only ones capable of summarizing. b:laugh

C. Neither Ursa nor Amour put anything more in their guides either (both of which were started before mine), and they didn't have 240+ posts of inaccuracies, misdirection and naked trolling to follow up on.

D. Again, tell me to stop arguing, but not tell the people starting the arguments? I love the logic of this forum.
    Blood, you should make an vid of your play style...........................................................

I would, but it would take me hours to figure out how to work the software, edit it, etc. That's the main reason I in fact appreciated the videos Adoit posted.

And contrary to his assertions, I didn't troll him for it. If anything, I trolled all the noobs ooo'ing and aweing over distance shrink and an 81 LP genie. Adroit is the one that couldn't take it - me interferring with his basking in the glow of their ignorance. When I pointed out the simple facts (like a 4800 one shot, the fact that he was in squad, the fact that many of them weren't charmed, the fact that his genie is far better than the vast majority of genies most wizards on most servers have, the fact that every fight ended with a sage bids crit so if you are demon or don't have sage bids you probably wouldn't have faired as well in the same situation, etc, etc, etc) his ego couldn't take it that I attributed it more to his op genie, his +10 weapon and his choice of opponents, as opposed to what he was passing it off as: his beating up on the entire server with "**** gear" due solely to his vastly superior skill.

But that thread stands on its own. As does this one. It's all there for the reading. Which is the whole point, after all.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I remember Adroit staying at 89 for a long time while Haiz became a level 100 faster, so thats not really fair to compare. You have no idea too about their join dates in-game.

you quote me saying to adroit that rankings don't matter, then you tell me that im no being fair?

sigh*

RANKINGS DON'T MATTER!!!!

Fair enough?
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not a single thing referring to any wizard topic. Entirely nerd rage directed at me as a person.

Um, everything I posted was in reply to something you said. Now you try to bash me for not being on topic.

Honestly, its funny that you are trying this hard to close this thread, lol. Like it will be some victory for you.

Given that I already gave them permission to do just that, I don't know exactly who you think it would be a victory over, lol, but whatever makes you feel good.
    Story time!

When you first joined this forum, you acted like some expert that came out of nowhere, yet you suffered from many of the common misconceptions that new mages do (lol go LA for the survivability).

That light armor thread stands on its own. The ONLY thing that makes LA less viable now is the speed with which people level, and how they level. Other than that, LA is AT LEAST as good as your dear vitality build. To my mind, preferable.

Opps, forgot, noone is allowed to disagree with the lost city wizards. Your ego's can't take it. Like the ugly cousin that shows up at christmas with a giant wart on her nose. DON'T LOOK AT IT!!!!!
    I first started by simply correcting the mistakes. . . . .

Yes, yes, whatever would be do without you correcting our mistaken preferences?

And we have all seen how your only intent here was to "simply correcting the mistakes" - before they were even made.
    . . . .but the snappy response back had this vibe of "I know wtf I'm talking about.. you n00b"..

Um, you see anything that disagrees with you as having that "vibe" because your baby ego can't take that someone doesn't listen to you and obey.
    . . . .(which many others jumped in on), and you didn't like it.

Everything on these forums is a pile on, and I don't mind it one bit. I EXPECT IT, in fact. Expecially from lost wizards.

Because typically the pilers on, and sometimes (as in the case of this thread) the original troll (you) criticize before anything is even written - which to me is all that need be shown to discredit 90% of what you say.

And as for publicly humiliating me . . . by what? Building a vit mage with nearly the same magic attack as my LA one without the higher crit rate? when I even handed you the victory of making a wizard close to lvl 80, when LA by everyones account (including mine) has neared the end of its effectiveness over AA.

By proclaiming that capes with +hp and +pdef adds were easy to find in the auction house on lost city only to have me log onto lost city and point out that there were none at all - and that conclusion be confirmed by other players on LC server?

No, I am happy to let that thread stand on its own as well. Anyone that actually READS it will see you for what you are. Anyone that doesn't, meh, there's no helping them. I'll allow them to follow you around and cheer.
    .. but you wanted e-revenge (how dare he make everyone laugh at me?!)

lol, revenge? lol

No, I just want to make sure that truth is presented as truth, opinion as opinion, and these forums provide some evidence of which is which, instead of being simply a source of lost city self praise that they have been.
    To this day, you've thrown mindless/lame personal insults at me (with the cover of attacking my advice?), with nothing of substance to work with. I'm done wasting my time with it, you're gonna need to get more creative to hide those insults amongst actual wizard topics if I'm going to even read your posts! Good luck! b:cute

Says the person that "reserved" space for flaming, lol

honestly, the fact that you have proven yourself to be everything you have just attributed to me is all I need to point out here.

And I agree, the majority of this post has been defending what EVERYONE knows (even if they don't say it because they just can't imagine anyone but a lost city wizard even attempting to summarize whats written on these forums - "if your kill count doesn't match ours, your fail and shouldn't summarize") is the general consensus on the most minor of topics, and has been 240+ post of adding nothing new to the discussion.

Funny that you try to pin that blame on me, when it was you that derailed the thread in that direction in the very first instance.

Oh, and you said that you weren't going to read anymore how many 100s of posts ago? Or did you think we forgot that already too?

You WILL continue to read. You MUST read. These are YOUR forums. We are all only here with YOUR permission. And if we don't bow before you, or share your opinion on this, that, or some other darn thing, you WILL rage.

Your ego can do nothing less. Unfortunately, it can't do much more, either. b:surrender
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No, I don't have rank 8, I have TT99, you know, "****" gear according to Adroit.

Yeahhh, that still doesn't excuse this BT damage on an unbuffed (not even selfbuffed) 8x wiz. . . b:shocked
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @Bloodfail - So you come back after a couple days unwadding your panties.. and the first thing you do is quote me and then change the message by adding in a few letters to entirely change the message of my post.. you really think I wouldn't notice that you changed the "would" in my post to "wouldn't"? If that isn't the epitome of desperation, I don't know what is. Didn't bother reading anything beyond that.. these QQnovel(s) are boring at best =]
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What, did you miss me? I actually have other things to do, ya know.

and I guess I did correct what seemed to be a typo. If you are saying that you really did mean "would" in the original post as opposed to "wouldn't", well, the original post makes no sense at all.

So do you want to contradict yourself, or do you want to have your quoted post be complete nonsense?

P.S.: Oh, and please tell me again how you aren't going to read anymore. All too easy . . . .
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeahhh, that still doesn't excuse this BT damage on an unbuffed (not even selfbuffed) 8x wiz. . . b:shocked

Will have to view the video tonight because I am not sure what you mean.

Otherwise you are going to have to be more specific as to wth you are talking about.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What, did you miss me? I actually have other things to do, ya know.

and I guess I did correct what seemed to be a typo. If you are saying that you really did mean "would" in the original post as opposed to "wouldn't", well, the original post makes no sense at all.

So do you want to contradict yourself, or do you want to have your quoted post be complete nonsense?

P.S.: Oh, and please tell me again how you aren't going to read anymore. All too easy . . . .

LOL "correcting a typo" AHAHHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA caught red handed and this is what you have to say for yourself?
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL "correcting a typo" AHAHHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA caught red handed and this is what you have to say for yourself?

um, admitting that it is changed? yup, because thats the truth.

what's your explanation as to why it isn't a typo however. Thats more interesting imo.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    um, admitting that it is changed? yup, because thats the truth.

what's your explanation as to why it isn't a typo however. Thats more interesting imo.

and how is this so difficult to understand. Lets say I have trouble killing person A, I also have trouble killing person B, as well as person C. We may have good 1v1s.. but 3 people that are relatively equal in gear/skill vs me is going to mean I'd get creamed (aka no fun.. not really pvp.. its just walking out to die). I can't believe I'm actually explaining this to you.. the sentence in question had two words over two syllables.. and you can't figure it out on your own? To think you're capable of constructing a logical argument is laughable at this point.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol..4.7k BT on an unbuffed mage in their 80's...

Jesus man I can do that with no weapon on .... wtf kind of gear do you have?
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and how is this so difficult to understand. Lets say I have trouble killing person A, I also have trouble killing person B, as well as person C. We may have good 1v1s.. but 3 people that are relatively equal in gear/skill vs me is going to mean I'd get creamed (aka no fun.. not really pvp.. its just walking out to die). I can't believe I'm actually explaining this to you.. the sentence in question had two words over two syllables.. and you can't figure it out on your own? To think you're capable of constructing a logical argument is laughable at this point.

Oh, so it was a qq they gank me post? I doubt that actually, given the context, but w/e
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol..4.7k BT on an unbuffed mage in their 80's...

Jesus man I can do that with no weapon on .... wtf kind of gear do you have?

Well, at least you admit that in TW it has to be the gear - i can't be expected to debuff every target, etc.

I'll post my gear in a second if I can get pwcalc to work, although I do have rank 9 booties now b:victory

Edit: here it is http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9fcb958988b7aa99

We all can't have rank 8/nirvana weapons b:surrender

Post yours?
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You put icebournes in your weapon... for the price of 1 of those you could've had R8 weap.

insert DOT DOT DOT, Adroit just stop trying, icebournes in hh99 :|
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You put icebournes in your weapon... for the price of 1 of those you could've had R8 weap.

insert DOT DOT DOT, Adroit just stop trying, icebournes in hh99 :|

Um, you want to calculate that without the rank sale?

And I got the sapphires for between 4.5 and 6m each.

You act like I got this weapon this week - foolish.

Just because I didn't qq and fake rq like adroit did when the rank sale came out in November/December, doesn't mean I didn't have my gear done before that. I've had this in my bank since I was like 93, which was what? Almost a year ago. Some of us took the rank sale making our gear obsolete overnight like men, and some took it like whiney little "this game is dead" *******. I'll make no apologies for that.

And lol at the person with G15 nirvana +12 (a) talking about my damage with BT, and (b) acting as though he is so budget conscious when it comes to gear. Even if you weren't wrong, which you are, I'd hardly say you were one to judge anyone harshly for how much they spent on anything for their gear.
    Honestly, some people are so dim.

Oh, and tell me more how we all are fail at pk and you are so skilled - with your +12 g15 nirvana, lol.

Hey everyone, he thinks he can kill because he is "skilled" lollololololololololol
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    that devil cape of aries hurts me eyes...so baaad....
    :P
    but yeah, we all do what we can, new servers suck in available items/mats.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Um, you want to calculate that without the rank sale?

And I got the sapphires for between 4.5 and 6m each.

You act like I got this weapon this week - foolish.

Just because I didn't qq and fake rq like adroit did when the rank sale came out in November/December, doesn't mean I didn't have my gear done before that. I've had this in my bank since I was like 93, which was what? Almost a year ago. Some of us took the rank sale making our gear obsolete overnight like men, and some took it like whiney little "this game is dead" *******. I'll make no apologies for that.

And lol at the person with G15 nirvana +12 (a) talking about my damage with BT, and (b) acting as though he is so budget conscious when it comes to gear. Even if you weren't wrong, which you are, I'd hardly say you were one to judge anyone harshly for how much they spent on anything for their gear.
    Honestly, some people are so dim.

Oh, and tell me more how we all are fail at pk and you are so skilled - with your +12 g15 nirvana, lol.

Hey everyone, he thinks he can kill because he is "skilled" lollololololololololol

*grabs popcorn* omg I can't stop laughing
    edited March 2011
    Options
    that devil cape of aries hurts me eyes...so baaad....
    :P
    but yeah, we all do what we can, new servers suck in available items/mats.

that cost me 1m, a tt90 chest at the time would have cost me 14m.

And if you look at the stats, its not that big a difference over the tt90 - pdef and mdef are basically the same.

And the difference in hp is less than a perfect citrine - and for the price difference I was able to buy and socket three of them with what I saved over tt90 chest.

And I'm keeping track of all the people criticizing my build, and my guide, who haven't really posted either themselves . . . . I think the silent readers out there will be as well . . . .
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *grabs popcorn* omg I can't stop laughing

Be careful, you don't wanna **** in your popcorn during your next cyber session with amour, loverboy b:kiss
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I am budget conscious. I would never put g12s in a 99 weapon, even before, when r8 existed only to huge csers (ie 800mil coins), I only ventured to put in 1 G11 sapphire into my +10 tt99, cause I knew better things existed. So don't give me your hoity-toity I did what was best at the time spiel because obviously you invested terribly. Maybe there's a reason I have a +12 g15 and you don't, hm?
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I am budget conscious. I would never put g12s in a 99 weapon, even before, when r8 existed only to huge csers (ie 800mil coins), I only ventured to put in 1 G11 sapphire into my +10 tt99, cause I knew better things existed. So don't give me your hoity-toity I did what was best at the time spiel because obviously you invested terribly. Maybe there's a reason I have a +12 g15 and you don't, hm?

hahaha qft.

@BM
    I find it weird that you have such good shards in a lot of mediocre gear. I mean tt90 boots? Really? OHT boots with good mods would have been much better. They're not even hard to find. I mean the sharding vs armor disparity is pretty consistent also. I think the only two pieces that I would have sharded the way you did would be the cloudcharger and the warsoul of heaven.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011
    Options
    out of curiosity, should I be taking credit for those g12 stones? I remember you being a part of a thread, seeing that I had g12 stones, and questioned why I spent so much. or was that a wr.. eh, who knows.

in any case, I had mentioned that: in my opinion, if you know this is the last weapon you'll have, go nuts on the stones. yano? I put a g12 in my cv claws, cast stones in my magic sword.. but I knew I would never upgrade. to put such stones in a g12 weapon..? ugh. those stones cost more than a better weapon. absolutely no excuse, even for the time period.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    because obviously you invested terribly

In hind-sight, it would seem so. At the time, however, this was absolutely end-game by MOST players' standards - even if not necessarily snarky LC pk wizard standards who would look down their nose at anything but G15 nirvana +12 (ahem), but by most players playing wizards, that was absolutely end game worthy at the time.

As for reason you have it and I don't? Oh yes, tell us all again how you farmed +12 g15 Nirvana. Use all mirages, did you b:chuckle

Honestly, you lost city wizards: such egos you think you can say anything and everyone will believe you. b:bye
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hahaha qft.

@BM
    I find it weird that you have such good shards in a lot of mediocre gear. I mean tt90 boots? Really? OHT boots with good mods would have been much better. They're not even hard to find. I mean the sharding vs armor disparity is pretty consistent also. I think the only two pieces that I would have sharded the way you did would be the cloudcharger and the warsoul of heaven.

Ah, another person that don't get it - other servers are different than yours.

OHT mats were unavailable on our server for the most part, and I would have preferred tt80 gold boots but I don't like to do TT and TT mats were terribly expensive. I got these boots for 3m, and that was the best deal at the time.

And I intended to account stash the gear to my veno and cleric, so I would get alot of mileage out of this gear.

Here's where Adroit says to get 3* boots with hp adds which are plentiful on your server but which whenever anyone looks in AH don't exist.

Since then, I have been dying to get rid of them, but to no avail. TT99 gold would be 70m each piece and probably more for the chest last time I priced everything out - and interesting that TT99 is now obsolete for the most part as well.

Its why my first (and thus far only) piece of Rank 9 is boots.

As for sharding, yes - tell me how everything would be with vit stones - or immaculate - or whatever. This was going to be my end game gear on this server, and gems were 5m - 8m each. But you think I should pay 3.5-4m for perfects? Then your a fool. That I should shard more with garnets? Nope, not with my refines. Vit stones? The were 30%-50% higher than gems.

My goal with this gear was to be end game - and for most wizards its fine, especially at the time that I made it - about 6-8 months BEFORE the rep sale. For pk wizards? Absolutely not, especially on your +12 or gtfo server. But my server, this gear was plenty fine for TW. Which is what I came to this server for in the first place. I had no intentions of ever getting tt99, let alone nirvana.

Of course, now crazy geared sins and Rank 9 - well - anything means that it is much harder to do anything in this gear, pk or tw. I still get about 70-100 kills per decent tw, but its terribly frustrating being 1 hit by that rank 9 bow or a +12 rank 8 psychic or a +12 rank 9 veno (you know who you are . . . .)

Again, get your blinders off and realize that everyone doesn't play in the lost city bubble.

And I note that all the critics STILL haven't put up their own gear. I think it would inform alot of people on other servers just WHY you think your so good at pvp - and it ain't pure skill . . . . .
    edited March 2011
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    out of curiosity, should I be taking credit for those g12 stones? I remember you being a part of a thread, seeing that I had g12 stones, and questioned why I spent so much. or was that a wr.. eh, who knows.

Sigh, nope. I think that was me, but I had these in WAY before that thread. I am sure there is a thread I posted with my gear (including the vit stones) way before the thread you are referring to.

I sharded the cape with vit stones (1) because I didn't have anything else available; and (2) I figured I could account stash it to my veno who would get a much bigger boost from vit than citrines, so on average between the two vit stones were a better choice, and (3) that was one of the only pieces of gear I had at the time (I might have been level 70) that I COULD shard the vit stones in.

And on real servers (not private servers), I still think wizards should probably, due to price, shard citrine gems over vit stones. But if you got the means to do all vit stones, go for it. They are a little bit better for most people, but not a whole lot according to the sharding calculator or whatever that thing is called.
    prof wrote: »
    in any case, I had mentioned that: in my opinion, if you know this is the last weapon you'll have, go nuts on the stones. yano? I put a g12 in my cv claws, cast stones in my magic sword.. but I knew I would never upgrade. to put such stones in a g12 weapon..? ugh. those stones cost more than a better weapon. absolutely no excuse, even for the time period.

Winner! At least someone gets the point.

At the time, not alot of people had anything but G13 (nirvana on a few, lunar on more than a few), so G12 wasn't really only 1 step down from what even the best people had.

My goal wasn't to gear to be the best, it was to gear to be good enough. I did it early in the server so for a while I probably did have the best gear, but before rank 9 I had no intention of ever doing anything more with my gear.

Some of us don't have to be the best to play. Our egos let us play, even if we lose, as long as its still fun.

Rank 9? Everything I put into my gear to not be 1 shot, I was now a 1 shot - to anyone with rank 9.

I have to get rank 9 now, but I'm getting the armor first for the extra survivability. Chest and boots are the biggest holes in my gear now. On my server, my weapon (laugh if you want) is still good enough to 1 shot 80% of the people in TW. And with a little sparking and frenzy, I can even get some of the other 20% without too much difficulty.

So yes, eventually I'll have all rank 9 armor, and tt99 weapon. And you will all troll troll troll about how I could have been "a factor" if I had just gotten the weapon first, etc., etc., etc.

But I don't want to gear myself out of whatever limited pk we still have on my server, and pk'ing with more survivability, but less mattack (1) will have to be more fun than 1 shotting someone with a crit gush. and (2) will let me suvive better against some of the random sin attacks (although against a good rank 8 or even a bad rank 9 sin ill probably still be in trouble). For me, its the right choice. Maybe not for any of you.

But unlike certain wizards to remain nameless, I don't hold myself and my choices out as an example to anyone.
This discussion has been closed.