Dex: 76

All Ether Gears lvl 4

Holy Path-10
    Extreme Poison-10
    Spark-10
    Fortify - 1
    Badge of Courage - 10
    Absolute Domain - 10

So, here's my problem i restated some affinities so i could unlearn Expel and instead learn AD. I did this because; while i like the 9 seconds of survival while in Expel, i couldn`t do anything to defend myself and i REALLY disliked that. Also i found that the sins that couldn't kill me the second expel wore off, would just stealth get chi back and then proceed to face-roll me as i was on Cooldown. This really sucked. So now i have AD.. 4 seconds of immunity.. but i have to react fast, and on top of that i don't have as much time to plan my next move. So am i screwed both ways on this one?

What i do like about AD is that 2 second stun immunity after it. Its amazing how many sins/ bm's forget about that and try and stun me after and get a big "RESIST' then i have a chance to counter attack.

Also Adroit i must say your a genius with the whole Badge/ Fortify combo. Those mixed with vacuity's and no one (except ninjas [by ninjas i mean sins]) can keep me in one spot.

The day genies came out i spent hours looking at their skills and decided on spark right away for sutras and BT so i am content with that.

Extreme poison sounds like it isnt as necessary anymore as it used to be.. i don't find i'm using it at all in PvE anymore and in PvP i only really use it if i'm dropping an ulti that im not to sure of...

I want to somehow get Frenzy.. but my affinities don't match up well for it :s and can anyone tell me what windshield does and why its beneficial to us?

Thanks
    Marc
    "Know that although in the eternal scheme of things you are small, you are
    also unique and irreplaceable, as are all your fellow humans everywhere in the world."
    -Margaret Laurence
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hmm my genie right now has:

Genie Level: 100
    Lucky Points 77/100
    Vit: 50
    Str:5
    Mag:56 (Gears)
    Dex: 76

All Ether Gears lvl 4

Holy Path-10
    Extreme Poison-10
    Spark-10
    Fortify - 1
    Badge of Courage - 10
    Absolute Domain - 10

So, here's my problem i restated some affinities so i could unlearn Expel and instead learn AD. I did this because; while i like the 9 seconds of survival while in Expel, i couldn`t do anything to defend myself and i REALLY disliked that. Also i found that the sins that couldn't kill me the second expel wore off, would just stealth get chi back and then proceed to face-roll me as i was on Cooldown. This really sucked. So now i have AD.. 4 seconds of immunity.. but i have to react fast, and on top of that i don't have as much time to plan my next move. So am i screwed both ways on this one?

What i do like about AD is that 2 second stun immunity after it. Its amazing how many sins/ bm's forget about that and try and stun me after and get a big "RESIST' then i have a chance to counter attack.

Also Adroit i must say your a genius with the whole Badge/ Fortify combo. Those mixed with vacuity's and no one (except ninjas [by ninjas i mean sins]) can keep me in one spot.

The day genies came out i spent hours looking at their skills and decided on spark right away for sutras and BT so i am content with that.

Extreme poison sounds like it isnt as necessary anymore as it used to be.. i don't find i'm using it at all in PvE anymore and in PvP i only really use it if i'm dropping an ulti that im not to sure of...

I want to somehow get Frenzy.. but my affinities don't match up well for it :s and can anyone tell me what windshield does and why its beneficial to us?

Thanks
    Marc

There really isn't anything that will save you 100% from sins, but faith seems to at least get me through their first onslaught assuming I don't get one shot. It's nice because domain is only 4 seconds of immune.. and when you compare that to 8 sec demon headhunt, 7 sec tele stun, 9-11 sec immoblize.. etc domain isn't always going to save you. Faith is nice because its an instant purify + 5 seconds of immune to anything bad (besides damage). So you can faith + walk away from a sin.. and most sins don't really know what to do if that happens lol. It's also nice because it has 1/3 the cooldown of domain, so with decent vit/mag you can use it as a get out of jail free a little more often than domain. (you can also chain it with ironguard or something if you feel the need) I'm seriously considering replacing domain on my genie with faith after I take off frenzy (I wanna make a TW genie.. frenzy isn't all that spectacular in world pvp) because without frenzy.. I can have all the skills I want with a level 100 genie (with frenzy.. I'd have to be 103 to get faith). Just something you might wanna keep in mind for a little help fighting sins.

Haha as much as I want to take credit for the fortify/badge combo, I wasn't the first to use it D: I came up with it on my own, but shortly after I put it on my genie, I found someone else that had already been playing around with it before I put it on my genie :( Maybe I'm just awesome for sharing :P

If I were you I wouldn't try to fit frenzy on your genie, I've tested my genie in TW.. and its not bad, but really amps like spark and whatnot just aren't quite as useful. TW as a mage should be all about ults, so skills like ce and frenzy should be the priorities.. and on a high vit/mag genie. I'd recommend making a separate TW genie, and skipping frenzy on your dex genie. Wind shield is basically a damage reduction skill.. on ecatomb it reads..

Energy 62
    Stamina 240
    Instant
    Cooldown 1 second
    Requisite Class All

Uses wind power to protect yourself. Reduces damage received by 15%.
    Increases attack speed and Evasion by 10%.
    Lasts 8 seconds.

Dexterity: Every 8 Genie Dexterity points increases the damage reduction effect by 1%.
    Dexterity: Every 50 Genie Dexterity points increases the duration by 1 second.

Only usable in the air or on the ground.

With a high dex genie, you're talking over a 25% reduction to damage. In PvP I do really well against high dps chars, but I have just about nothing to prevent a bypass (except domain). So if I were to be fighting another mage.. and they get me to 50-60% and sleep -> ulti.. it'd be nice having something I could use to help prevent a bypass. I don't really think anyone could complain about an on demand spammable skill to reduce damage.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MarcA - Harshlands
    MarcA - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Does faith negate silence effect as well? like from throat cut or FoW
    "Know that although in the eternal scheme of things you are small, you are
    also unique and irreplaceable, as are all your fellow humans everywhere in the world."
    -Margaret Laurence
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Does faith negate silence effect as well? like from throat cut or FoW

everything, includes every control skill (except cleric 100 skill for some reason.. it will resist it, but won't purify it off). You can use faith to resist purge, skills like undine, genie spark, amp, dragons (or purify any of these off u).. its really an amazing skill. The big catch is 160 energy and 1 min cooldown.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So I was playing around with my ideal genie (that I'll probably never get), but a few details I couldn't decide on. Figured I'd post here for any suggestions :P I want a 91+ LP discipline with..

1 Wind Force
    10 Holy Path
    1 Fortify
    10 Badge
    10 spark
    10 EP
    10 Wind shield
    10 Domain/Faith

I really can't decide on domain vs faith (belief).. they both fit affinity wise, but have slightly different uses. I almost feel like fortify/badge + faith is redundant, but against sins.. faith would be far more valuable than fortify/badge.. and against any other class.. fortify/badge would probably be better. Its frustrating that a sin has so many different control skills, and I almost feel like to survive that first onslaught.. faith would be the best bet to get out (domain doesn't last long enough). That said, my dex genie doesn't have much energy or energy regen.. so although domain uses alot of energy.. it still uses a pretty good chunk less than faith. I like the idea of having immune to damage through domain, but I can generally accomplish the same thing by just getting out of range (and faith would help me do that). Anyone have any input as to which skill they think would be better?

@ Tankz
  • skysing
    skysing Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dex Genie lvl 101

5 Strength
    100 Dex
    66 vit
    43 magic

1 Fortify
    10 Badge
    10 Wind shield
    10 Domain
    10 EP
    10 Remove Paralysis
    10 Holy Path

Wind shield is really amazing, reduce 27% damage, good when Domain on cooldown.
    Remove Paralysis find it useful vs good sin or bm that will lock and seal you. good vs archer, veno.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    skysing wrote: »
    Dex Genie lvl 101

5 Strength
    100 Dex
    66 vit
    43 magic

1 Fortify
    10 Badge
    10 Wind shield
    10 Domain
    10 EP
    10 Remove Paralysis
    10 Holy Path

Wind shield is really amazing, reduce 27% damage, good when Domain on cooldown.
    Remove Paralysis find it useful vs good sin or bm that will lock and seal you. good vs archer, veno.

Lawl, I can't believe I've never seen you around before. Was walking around west today and saw your mage (Questro) with nearly the exact same genie, although it looks like you dropped Remove Paralysis for ToP. It's a really nice genie, but you might consider genie spark instead of ToP. The amp is amazing, and although you probably don't need the damage too bad being +12 r9.. I'm sure it could come in handy against some higher hp targets. With undine and genie spark, most targets go down to 2 or 3 digit fire def.. which is just amazing. In your case, it'd probably just guarantee a one shot instead of a 2-shot, and you've already got a genie statted perfect for it. I think it'd be really nice having another low energy req skill (spark only takes 62 energy), but thats just me :P Anyway gl w/ your genie (and don't one shot me baddie kos.. kthxbai b:thanks)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So I've made a veno on my acct and am trying to come up with a new genie to use for my veno. I could do the whole dex fortify/badge genie again, but I kinda wanted to use this as an opportunity to try out different genies for fun. Worst case scenario I can just level my veno to 101 and use my mage's genie (lol having genie spark on a veno's genie). Anyway, I've always wanted to play around with a faith (belief) genie, so figured I'd make a vit/mag genie with faith on it. Right now I'm using a 91 discipline with wind force, faith (lvl 7 -.-), fortify, holy path (in case I use this on my ep as well), and will surge (will replace with whirlwind at 95). It's 65/90 with 84vit and 53mag (no gear) atm, but I'm not sure exactly where I'm going to go with it.

So far I really like it to get away from sins and the like, one problem I was having with badge on my mage is that sins have so many different control skills (sleep/immobilize etc) that I was getting stuck over and over even though I could deal with the stuns :(. The better sins would just tele stun/headhunt me out of stealth and occult me as I badged.. which was getting really obnoxious. I know there isn't really any way to effectively fight a sin, but if I could get a second chance that would be a plus. Most of them are so bad it isn't funny.. so it'd be cool if I could take out a few of the weaker ones. Faith seems to work fairly well (at least the first time.. 1 min till I could use it again -.-) but I didn't realize the side effect, I can't put a chi skill on my genie D:

Now my veno is demon (without lending hand or crush vigor yet D:) and I'm having some serious chi issues.. and I'm not prepared to level a char/genie to 105 so I can have faith + ce lol. I might just be able to deal without the chi, but I figured I'd at least look at some other alternatives for fun. The only way to survive the first onslaught from in my opinion is either.. some sort of purify to kite the sin.. or a flat out immune to their damage. That leaves.. badge/faith/remove paralysis (which I've given some of the reasons I'd like others) and immunes are just domain and expel. I get killed through domain all the time.. demon headhunt lasts 8 seconds, I immune 4 of those.. and get killed in the other 4 (not to mention its a 3 minute cooldown.. yuck). I've never been a big fan of expel for 1v1s just because its more of just a delay tactic (you get sealed too), and people are starting to figure out to use water buff/no damage skills like roar or tele stun to stun lock you through expel. Obviously there is no perfect genie out there, with everything I'm looking for.. I can go with fortify/badge and get held in place with non-stuns, faith and no chi skill, remove paralysis does like nothing.. domain which doesn't save me, or expel which also doesn't save me. I feel kinda stuck, but wanted to know if anyone else had any creative solutions to this problem.. or if I should stick with what I have :P

So I was playing around with my ideal genie (that I'll probably never get), but a few details I couldn't decide on. Figured I'd post here for any suggestions :P I want a 91+ LP discipline with..

1 Wind Force
    10 Holy Path
    1 Fortify
    10 Badge
    10 spark
    10 EP
    10 Wind shield
    10 Domain/Faith

I really can't decide on domain vs faith (belief).. they both fit affinity wise, but have slightly different uses. I almost feel like fortify/badge + faith is redundant, but against sins.. faith would be far more valuable than fortify/badge.. and against any other class.. fortify/badge would probably be better. Its frustrating that a sin has so many different control skills, and I almost feel like to survive that first onslaught.. faith would be the best bet to get out (domain doesn't last long enough). That said, my dex genie doesn't have much energy or energy regen.. so although domain uses alot of energy.. it still uses a pretty good chunk less than faith. I like the idea of having immune to damage through domain, but I can generally accomplish the same thing by just getting out of range (and faith would help me do that). Anyone have any input as to which skill they think would be better?

@ Tankz

D: Nobody has any suggestions/advice for me? b:surrender
  • skysing
    skysing Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yah spark is really a nice skill, same with remove paralyse. ToP i had it for 2 days now and it is rarely use. Might go back to either spark or remove paralyse again.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Almon told me to make a faith genie but i was very disappointed when i made it. Once you use faith your genie is dead for a very long time. In any situation, 1vs1 or group pvp killing my genie for 1 chance isnt worth it. In my opinion anyways. Sins can just re stealth and your genie is dead, archers other wizzys and clerics can kite until its gone(blink, holy path.) And bms can just lolaps you =/ you're immune to negitive effects but not their attacks. Thats my opinion but maybe i was using faith wrong i would love to hear someone who used it and found it very helpful =]

Oh! I managed to get my hands on a nice 78/90 genie for 6m so i can get spark =] and if i'm lucky at 100 i was thinking wind shield
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Almon told me to make a faith genie but i was very disappointed when i made it. Once you use faith your genie is dead for a very long time. In any situation, 1vs1 or group pvp killing my genie for 1 chance isnt worth it. In my opinion anyways. Sins can just re stealth and your genie is dead, archers other wizzys and clerics can kite until its gone(blink, holy path.) And bms can just lolaps you =/ you're immune to negitive effects but not their attacks. Thats my opinion but maybe i was using faith wrong i would love to hear someone who used it and found it very helpful =]

Oh! I managed to get my hands on a nice 78/90 genie for 6m so i can get spark =] and if i'm lucky at 100 i was thinking wind shield

What a steal, 78/90 for 6m.. I thought I was lucky with a 79/90 for 11mil lol. XD I want to get a new TW genie so I can replace frenzy with wind shield on my current genie XD
  • jonathanbelcher
    jonathanbelcher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Please someone that has learned LV1 in runecrafting help me I have met all the forums requirements or so I thought..... Im lv 52 Ive done my culti and FB's I have done BH's to attain Divine orders, I have the LV1 skill book in my inv. I have 7m atm with 460+K sp. but when I go to Elder like the book itself says, all that is offered to me is the basic 4 passive skills: Aproth, B.Smith, Tailor, Crafts...........................no option on a 5th skill (Runecrafting) its been 4 days now and I need help please if anyone knows what I must do or can post a full detailed step by step of the requirements would help me and many eager to learn Runecrafters.b:irritated
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Please someone that has learned LV1 in runecrafting help me I have met all the forums requirements or so I thought..... Im lv 52 Ive done my culti and FB's I have done BH's to attain Divine orders, I have the LV1 skill book in my inv. I have 7m atm with 460+K sp. but when I go to Elder like the book itself says, all that is offered to me is the basic 4 passive skills: Aproth, B.Smith, Tailor, Crafts...........................no option on a 5th skill (Runecrafting) its been 4 days now and I need help please if anyone knows what I must do or can post a full detailed step by step of the requirements would help me and many eager to learn Runecrafters.b:irritated

and you decided to post this question in a genie thread in the wizard forums because..?
  • jonathanbelcher
    edited April 2011
    Options
    and you decided to post this question in a genie thread in the wizard forums because..?
    because i was hopeing anyone could help and not be such a ***** about it
  • jonathanbelcher
    edited April 2011
    Options
    O.o ahhh sorry didn't see u was 1 of the stuck up bishes from lost my faultb:cute
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey, so I am 102 barb and I was wondering how I should level? I have tried doing frost covered grounds, but I ran out of hypers and cannot afford any more. Could someone loan me like 200 maybe? I really need to hit 105 so I can learn level 9 runecrafting before belcher gets level 2. It would mean a lot to me, thanks.

On a real note, if you had to pick (as a barb) fortify or lawbreaker, which would you choose between the two and why?

Blade_Aether
    Sniffin' Adroit.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey, so I am 102 barb and I was wondering how I should level? I have tried doing frost covered grounds, but I ran out of hypers and cannot afford any more. Could someone loan me like 200 maybe? I really need to hit 105 so I can learn level 9 runecrafting before belcher gets level 2. It would mean a lot to me, thanks.

On a real note, if you had to pick (as a barb) fortify or lawbreaker, which would you choose between the two and why?

Blade_Aether
    Sniffin' Adroit.

fortify fo sho.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yup, my genie is 85% chance to remove stun as well (badge). However, 85% my ***! Try going out in PK with 2 sins on you and badge failing 4 times in a row D:<

THIS is why I shy away from "chance to" genie skills. I'm only on my genie usually in the event of an emergency, and "chance to" doesn't cut it for me. And my genie wouldn't be nearly as good as 85% even.

Anyone run a test to check percentage out of maybe 50 tries? Maybe not technically statistically significant, and probably a pain to do, but would be interesting and I figure if wizards can spend hours killing 1,000s of chickens for 2% crit (demon masteries), I figure one of those might actually do it with badge.
    for world pk:

77/100
    70dex
    66vit
    5xmag
    ?str

10 spark
    10 BoC
    1 fortify
    10 holy path
    10 EP
    10 expel

For tw, i use a much different genie:

72/101
    5str
    3dex
    98vit
    66mag

1 Fortify
    10 AD
    10 holy path
    10 EP (kinda waste put dun know wat to do tbh)
    10 Frenzy
    1 CE

Winner! This is what I am trying to do, but only have 1 genie atm (83/100 - finally!!!) so I had to blend them (HP, Expel, CE, Domain, Frenzy and a few fillers - I forget what they are) and all vit/mag. I hate carrying 2 genies, but imo a pk genie has to have spark and fortify, and a TW genie has to have CE and frenzy, and those two on one genie don't work well - although I think at 101 I can even get fortify with CE and frenzy, but not spark.

Except, after reading your folow up post, I think now I want at least 3 genies 71+ LP b:worried.

Took me 2 years to get the first one b:cry
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited April 2011
    Options

For the veno genie, idk, try faith. Its interesting and with those affinities I would never be able to fit it on a genie for my wiz. Remove negative status effects only helps against aps sins, I would imagine though, not 1-shots, which are the most annoying imo.

As for the vit vs mag for the extra points? If your fights are drawn out, magic becomes a better choice imo. If not (fights are over in 1m or less), better to go with vit.

But I usually try to split mine down the middle, half vit, half mag.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    THIS is why I shy away from "chance to" genie skills. I'm only on my genie usually in the event of an emergency, and "chance to" doesn't cut it for me. And my genie wouldn't be nearly as good as 85% even.

Anyone run a test to check percentage out of maybe 50 tries? Maybe not technically statistically significant, and probably a pain to do, but would be interesting and I figure if wizards can spend hours killing 1,000s of chickens for 2% crit (demon masteries), I figure one of those might actually do it with badge.

I originally got badge as a backup. My only real defense against a stun lock was fortify, and if I mistimed it or was caught when it was on cooldown.. I was screwed. I got badge as just something I could use to help me get out of a tough place. I try to avoid using badge unless I need to use it, fortify takes less energy.. is 100% to resist a stun, and resists stuns for several seconds (if a BM came up and roared you, saw the badge and occulted you.. you might be in trouble). At the time, I had 74 dex, so it was like 76% chance to remove stun. 76% chance to get me out of a bad spot is better than having 0%. Besides, at 85% chance.. it works enough of the time you can basically rely on it. There are tons of skills with a chance to work (MS, hailstorm, pitfall, all the sage ultis.. etc..) you'd be severely limiting yourself if you didn't use skills just because they have a chance at working.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Besides, at 85% chance.. it works enough of the time you can basically rely on it. There are tons of skills with a chance to work (MS, hailstorm, pitfall, all the sage ultis.. etc..) you'd be severely limiting yourself if you didn't use skills just because they have a chance at working.

Poster above that I was addressing had 90% and it failed 4 times in a row.

And MS is 95% plus in actual practice it almost never fails. On top of which MS and all the others you mentioned at least do SOMETHING other than just take up energy (chi). I have no problem chosing them.

Badge fails, its pfft for your genie, and typically pfft for you.

I'm not trying to convince anyone here (i've never used a genie with badge, so I wouldn't even try to do that), just saying for me, I don't like 'em ("chance to" skills).

And as for limiting myself, that many points in dex is limiting too. For example, on my genie now I can hp+DS+hp+DS+hp with mere seconds between. Haven't had to do that in pk yet, but nice to know its there if i need it. Can't do that with a 90 dex genie.

So by its very nature, choice of one genie skill is "limiting", regardless of what it is.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Poster above that I was addressing had 90% and it failed 4 times in a row.

And MS is 95% plus in actual practice it almost never fails. On top of which MS and all the others you mentioned at least do SOMETHING other than just take up energy (chi). I have no problem chosing them.

Badge fails, its pfft for your genie, and typically pfft for you.

I'm not trying to convince anyone here, just saying for me, I don't like 'em.

And as for limiting myself, that many points in dex is limiting too. For example, on my genie now I can hp+DS+hp+DS+hp with mere seconds between. Haven't had to do that in pk yet, but nice to know its there if i need it. Can't do that with a 90 dex genie.

So by its very nature, choice of one genie skill is "limiting", regardless of what it is.

Having badge fail 4 times in a row at 85% chance is statistically once in 1975 times. Hardly the norm. I've also had MS fail 3 times in a row on a single opponent.. the likelyhood of that EVER happening again are slim to none.

As far as limiting, discarding any skill that isn't 100% chance to work is limiting.. but choosing stats on a genie is a trade-off. I thought that having a longer fortify, badge and spark that are worth using, better wind force, (and potentially better wind shield/extreme poison on my dream genie) was more valuable than putting in more vit/mag on my genie. Even though I don't have as much vit/mag on my genie.. the skills I chose use less energy for the most part than you might use on your vit/mag genie. Just throwing it out there, there is a reason you complain about wizards sucking in 1v1s.. you don't see the usefulness in many skills (hailstorm, pitfall, ele shell, badge as a few examples) and therefore limit your effectiveness.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    While it's true that having a lot of energy to spam skiills is really nice, I must say that using a badge genie really did improve my one on one results by a lot. Especially against bms and some sins (The ones that are too dumb to live). I mostly used a combination of fortify and expel before, but it's just not the same. Stunlocking someone through Expel is just not hard at all. And then you are really screwed, coz 125 energy is just a lot.

In my opinion, a wizard that also TWs needs two genies. Some of the essential TW skills like CE or Frenzy either need a vit/mag genie to be effective or are not very good in one on one. On the other hand, a 90 dex genie with limited vit/mag is not that great in TW.

Another thing: Sure, badge needs a lot of dex to work properly, but it's not the only skill profiting from it. My 90 dex genie I use for one on one pk (or ganks, whatever comes my way) gives me: 85% Badge, 6 sec Fortify, 93% reduced fire def with Spark and 15 sec Extreme Poison. That's a huge improvement of the genies overall effectiveness, not just Badge.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sry for double posting, not my fault I killed the thread x.x"

I made plans for a new, slightly modified genie. The only catch is that it needs 81+ LP and level 102. So I am going to power frost my wiz with my sin and keep looking for a genie.
    Anyone got a 81+/100 Longevity and wanna sell? Or does anyone know the price of such a genie?

Genie will be:

Dex: 74
    Str: Base
    Vit: 45
    Mag: Rest

Using Dex/Mag gears for 90 dex and decent recovery. Maybe I'm gonna mix Dex/Mag and Dex/Vit tho, not sure yet.

Now for the interesting part, skills will be:

Holy Path
    Fortify
    Badge Of Courage
    Extreme Poison
    Spark
    Absolute Domain
    Expel

So it's basically the same as my last Genie with Expel added. Why? I found out, that even tho Badge is superior to Expel in most cases, there are situation where I just need Expel. More and more sins learned to open with Seal/Freeze combo from stealth when they see a Badge Genie around, and without Expel there is not much you can do about it. With Expel on the Genie I can get 11 seconds of physical immunity when using the sin seal. 11 Seconds is a lot of time to try and kite or kill the sin, if the sin sucks. Sure you can still be stunlocked, but it is at least better than having nothing but domain against a seal onslaught. It might also help on physical-ganks or against BMs using Smack - Not yet tried it out. It does for sure add more versatility to the genie and gives the high dex another use. What do you guys think?
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sry for double posting, not my fault I killed the thread x.x"

I made plans for a new, slightly modified genie. The only catch is that it needs 81+ LP and level 102. So I am going to power frost my wiz with my sin and keep looking for a genie.
    Anyone got a 81+/100 Longevity and wanna sell? Or does anyone know the price of such a genie?

Genie will be:

Dex: 74
    Str: Base
    Vit: 45
    Mag: Rest

Using Dex/Mag gears for 90 dex and decent recovery. Maybe I'm gonna mix Dex/Mag and Dex/Vit tho, not sure yet.

Now for the interesting part, skills will be:

Holy Path
    Fortify
    Badge Of Courage
    Extreme Poison
    Spark
    Absolute Domain
    Expel

So it's basically the same as my last Genie with Expel added. Why? I found out, that even tho Badge is superior to Expel in most cases, there are situation where I just need Expel. More and more sins learned to open with Seal/Freeze combo from stealth when they see a Badge Genie around, and without Expel there is not much you can do about it. With Expel on the Genie I can get 11 seconds of physical immunity when using the sin seal. 11 Seconds is a lot of time to try and kite or kill the sin, if the sin sucks. Sure you can still be stunlocked, but it is at least better than having nothing but domain against a seal onslaught. It might also help on physical-ganks or against BMs using Smack - Not yet tried it out. It does for sure add more versatility to the genie and gives the high dex another use. What do you guys think?

Interesting idea :P I'd be worried using expel and being left with 20 energy (although 11 secs of regen means like 4x energy probably by the time it ends). I do like that just having it on your genie can change the way a fight goes. Kinda similar to bms that have lawbreaker on their genie.. they really don't even need to use it that often, it just changes the way we have to fight them. You can't really FoW as a BM (w/ lawbreaker) if they are right on top of you because they can just lawbreaker it off and stun you while you're still casting FoW. So what happens is the mage just has to use FoW differently, and the BM rarely even needs to lawbreaker. Perhaps a similar concept could apply for sins. I get sealed VERY regularly (esp when I vacuity), but if I had expel on my genie it could make a sin think twice before they throatcut me. Kinda a neat idea, if you ever do make it.. make sure to let me know how it goes XD

My anti-sin skill I want is just faith.. I've kinda figured out that all these int chars are extremely squishy to magic nowadays.. LA aps chars (aka sins) use two pdef orns and don't really use r9 armor.. which is actually a good thing for us. Cheze was telling me he was hitting Questro for 3 digits (with his +12 r9 daggers w/ 2 drakeflames) and Questro was gushing him for 5 digits (+12 r9 w/ 2 iceborns). I figure if I had some real gear, perhaps I could faith -> blink -> tick anti death? I dunno. Just seems like it'd be my best chance against a sin. I'm planning to get a new TW genie so I can drop frenzy on my current genie, I'll probably replace that with wind shield and at the same time.. replace domain with faith. Then I just need some decent gear and I'm golden! :D
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Interesting idea :P I'd be worried using expel and being left with 20 energy (although 11 secs of regen means like 4x energy probably by the time it ends). I do like that just having it on your genie can change the way a fight goes. Kinda similar to bms that have lawbreaker on their genie.. they really don't even need to use it that often, it just changes the way we have to fight them. You can't really FoW as a BM (w/ lawbreaker) if they are right on top of you because they can just lawbreaker it off and stun you while you're still casting FoW. So what happens is the mage just has to use FoW differently, and the BM rarely even needs to lawbreaker. Perhaps a similar concept could apply for sins. I get sealed VERY regularly (esp when I vacuity), but if I had expel on my genie it could make a sin think twice before they throatcut me. Kinda a neat idea, if you ever do make it.. make sure to let me know how it goes XD

My anti-sin skill I want is just faith.. I've kinda figured out that all these int chars are extremely squishy to magic nowadays.. LA aps chars (aka sins) use two pdef orns and don't really use r9 armor.. which is actually a good thing for us. Cheze was telling me he was hitting Questro for 3 digits (with his +12 r9 daggers w/ 2 drakeflames) and Questro was gushing him for 5 digits (+12 r9 w/ 2 iceborns). I figure if I had some real gear, perhaps I could faith -> blink -> tick anti death? I dunno. Just seems like it'd be my best chance against a sin. I'm planning to get a new TW genie so I can drop frenzy on my current genie, I'll probably replace that with wind shield and at the same time.. replace domain with faith. Then I just need some decent gear and I'm golden! :D
    Faith doesnt break negitive effects it only makes you immune to them being used on you after faith? If a sin stuns you from stealth you should be dead before faith helps i think :p
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Having badge fail 4 times in a row at 85% chance is statistically once in 1975 times. Hardly the norm. I've also had MS fail 3 times in a row on a single opponent.. the likelyhood of that EVER happening again are slim to none.

IF, that is, you believe the percentages. "Chance to" skills always work. Percentage skills? There are countless stories about computer software that isn't able to generate truly random numbers. I believe that this game is one of them. And the fact that in this thread alone we have both of you confirming outcomes that are HIGHLY statistically improbable only reinforces my impression.

That, as well as a matter of temperment (I get so irritated at a skill not working, some of use don't qq or look to publicize excuses when we lose), is why I don't like them.
    Just throwing it out there, there is a reason you complain about wizards sucking in 1v1s.. you don't see the usefulness in many skills (hailstorm, pitfall, ele shell, badge as a few examples) and therefore limit your effectiveness.

Says he who doesn't pvp.
    The sin population is so bad now.. Getting one shot out of stealth n whatnot is frustrating. I'll get back to pking as my gear starts to improve a bit. D:

QQ moar b:chuckle Piece of advice: get a pdef charm and expel, you might do better, ijs.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Faith doesnt break negitive effects it only makes you immune to them being used on you after faith? If a sin stuns you from stealth you should be dead before faith helps i think :p

faith is not just immune to negative effects for 5 seconds, it is also a purify when you first hit it.

@Blood - Computers can never truly generate random numbers, but its close enough you'd never notice a pattern. I honestly don't think you are even qualified to talk numbers, after your "reverse math" comment.. just stick to writing essays of nothingness.

I do PvP, just not to the same extent that I used to. I do GBQ every day, as well as OHT daily, as well as cube, so I do get a little action every day. Besides, I have enough experience pvping where I can talk about PvP/give advice even when I'm not logged in!

P.S. Putting expel on my genie wouldn't all of a sudden mean I could kill sins. I do use pdef charms.. but they hardly help tbh. Nice try though.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ugh.. so I've been toying around with changing my genie around a little again.. and just can't decide on my last (7th) skill. I'm pretty well convinced that I want..

1 wind force
    10 holy path
    1 fortify
    10 badge
    10 wind shield
    10 badge

I'm just having a hell of a time figuring out my last skill. I kinda wanted another amp like frenzy or EP for extra damage on an ult bypass (like w/ BIDS).. but I think I can get by without it. Being that this will likely be my end game genie, as I get a better weapon.. I doubt damage will be the real issue. Hitting a target for over 50% of their hp isn't that entirely difficult.. even with my first cast +10 wep (and 50 vit still.. lawl D:). So I'm leaning away from frenzy/EP for my last skill. I really feel like I've got every base covered except for something against sins. So naturally, I'm really hoping this last skill will be at least somewhat useful vs them (obv nothing will really balance it out.. but hopefully something that'll help vs the baddie sins). I have domain right now.. and have found it horribly ineffective vs sins.. its hardly worth using tbh.

My other choices (that both conveniently fit affinity wise for my genie) are faith or expel. Neither skill are ideal for a dex genie.. but having at least something to use would be a plus. I'm worried that expel is getting overused.. and with sins learning to occult/stun lock through expel.. I dunno. I was thinking faith would be something neat to try.. get surprised by a sin and faith + walk out of range. I could chain that with an apoth pot like a vacuity or immune depending on the circumstances for a CHANCE at putting up a fight. The real issue with faith is my genie has 60 vit, that means I would need to use up 100% of my energy on one skill.. and obv a sin could just force stealth and ruin me after.. but they can do that against any defensive skill.. so it really applies to any of these skills. I just like that faith guarantees me an escape (assuming I don't get one shot), unlike expel.. where they can just stand there waiting for it to end and occult near the end.. to kill me anyway. A friend of mine was suggesting that if the sin forced after expel (baddie sin), I could vacuity after it ended and by the time that ended.. have enough energy for badge when then sin pops out again.

So does anyone have any ideas for me? b:surrender
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ugh.. so I've been toying around with changing my genie around a little again.. and just can't decide on my last (7th) skill. I'm pretty well convinced that I want..

1 wind force
    10 holy path
    1 fortify
    10 badge
    10 wind shield
    10 badge

I'm just having a hell of a time figuring out my last skill. I kinda wanted another amp like frenzy or EP for extra damage on an ult bypass (like w/ BIDS).. but I think I can get by without it. Being that this will likely be my end game genie, as I get a better weapon.. I doubt damage will be the real issue. Hitting a target for over 50% of their hp isn't that entirely difficult.. even with my first cast +10 wep (and 50 vit still.. lawl D:). So I'm leaning away from frenzy/EP for my last skill. I really feel like I've got every base covered except for something against sins. So naturally, I'm really hoping this last skill will be at least somewhat useful vs them (obv nothing will really balance it out.. but hopefully something that'll help vs the baddie sins). I have domain right now.. and have found it horribly ineffective vs sins.. its hardly worth using tbh.

My other choices (that both conveniently fit affinity wise for my genie) are faith or expel. Neither skill are ideal for a dex genie.. but having at least something to use would be a plus. I'm worried that expel is getting overused.. and with sins learning to occult/stun lock through expel.. I dunno. I was thinking faith would be something neat to try.. get surprised by a sin and faith + walk out of range. I could chain that with an apoth pot like a vacuity or immune depending on the circumstances for a CHANCE at putting up a fight. The real issue with faith is my genie has 60 vit, that means I would need to use up 100% of my energy on one skill.. and obv a sin could just force stealth and ruin me after.. but they can do that against any defensive skill.. so it really applies to any of these skills. I just like that faith guarantees me an escape (assuming I don't get one shot), unlike expel.. where they can just stand there waiting for it to end and occult near the end.. to kill me anyway. A friend of mine was suggesting that if the sin forced after expel (baddie sin), I could vacuity after it ended and by the time that ended.. have enough energy for badge when then sin pops out again.

So does anyone have any ideas for me? b:surrender

You have 2 badges i'm just going to guess one of those is spark? ;P I still like badge/fortify as my anti sin. If they open with a paralyze then you can still cast/blink. If they open with a sleep you can fortify so they cant stun you after, and if they stun you can badge out and sleep/fow/blink =] (and none of those kill my genie for very long)
    My genie atm is
    78/90
    90 dex
    46 vit
    41 magic
    5 strength

Fortify 1
    Badge 10
    Spark 10
    Domain 9
    Poison 10
    Holy path 10

Right now i'm still having problem with regen 'cause my magic isn't 50 yet. When me and my genie are lvl 100 I want to add my lucky points and the points from 95-100 to magic for the 2 regen. If i get 81 i want windshield.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.