Genie Discussion

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    doesnt badge remove aim low paralysis? i cant think of a specific time i've used it for tht yet

nope, badge only removes stun

@Bloop - for a 1v1 skill.. spark is pretty awesome. The range is the same as sleep.. so its not like you'll never be close enough to use :P Interesting genie though xD
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I went back to my old genie for world pk.

T_T <3 Expel.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MarioElGris - Dreamweaver
    MarioElGris - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My beloved genie 81/100 (first one i had)

Infliction l.101

Frenzy l.10
    Absolute Domain l.10
    Tree of Protection l.10
    Second Wind l.10
    Cloud Eruption l.7
    Holy cr .. path l.10
    extreme poison l.10

My genie is a very canonical one, kinda old school. Now I consider absolute inferior to expel cause 4 seconds can be not enough in tw where lag is a major factor, also expel is better for delta. Another HUGE problem with absolute domain is that it has rather annoying cooldown which makes it unrealiable in tough situations.

cloud eruption is worse than chi siphon. Second wind is not as helpful as it was before.

Also
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    My beloved genie 81/100 (first one i had)

Infliction l.101

Frenzy l.10
    Absolute Domain l.10
    Tree of Protection l.10
    Second Wind l.10
    Cloud Eruption l.7
    Holy cr .. path l.10
    extreme poison l.10

My genie is a very canonical one, kinda old school. Now I consider absolute inferior to expel cause 4 seconds can be not enough in tw where lag is a major factor, also expel is better for delta. Another HUGE problem with absolute domain is that it has rather annoying cooldown which makes it unrealiable in tough situations.

cloud eruption is worse than chi siphon. Second wind is not as helpful as it was before.

Also

what makes you think that domain is inferior to expel.. or cloud inferior to chi siphon? They have different uses lol
  • MarioElGris - Dreamweaver
    MarioElGris - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    what makes you think that domain is inferior to expel.. or cloud inferior to chi siphon? They have different uses lol

reason: cooldown. I still have absolute on genie. its not a bad spell, but cooldown annoys me.
    chi siphon: more chi, affinities match with expel, both are very good though. I d have them all if i could.

basically genies help a lot balancing wizards adding survivability, chi generation, amplification of dmg. add in apoth to deadly combos
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    reason: cooldown. I still have absolute on genie. its not a bad spell, but cooldown annoys me.
    chi siphon: more chi, affinities match with expel, both are very good though. I d have them all if i could.

basically genies help a lot balancing wizards adding survivability, chi generation, amplification of dmg. add in apoth to deadly combos

perhaps I just look at genies from a different angle than you do
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    So I've made a veno on my acct and am trying to come up with a new genie to use for my veno. I could do the whole dex fortify/badge genie again, but I kinda wanted to use this as an opportunity to try out different genies for fun. Worst case scenario I can just level my veno to 101 and use my mage's genie (lol having genie spark on a veno's genie). Anyway, I've always wanted to play around with a faith (belief) genie, so figured I'd make a vit/mag genie with faith on it. Right now I'm using a 91 discipline with wind force, faith (lvl 7 -.-), fortify, holy path (in case I use this on my ep as well), and will surge (will replace with whirlwind at 95). It's 65/90 with 84vit and 53mag (no gear) atm, but I'm not sure exactly where I'm going to go with it.

So far I really like it to get away from sins and the like, one problem I was having with badge on my mage is that sins have so many different control skills (sleep/immobilize etc) that I was getting stuck over and over even though I could deal with the stuns :(. The better sins would just tele stun/headhunt me out of stealth and occult me as I badged.. which was getting really obnoxious. I know there isn't really any way to effectively fight a sin, but if I could get a second chance that would be a plus. Most of them are so bad it isn't funny.. so it'd be cool if I could take out a few of the weaker ones. Faith seems to work fairly well (at least the first time.. 1 min till I could use it again -.-) but I didn't realize the side effect, I can't put a chi skill on my genie D:

Now my veno is demon (without lending hand or crush vigor yet D:) and I'm having some serious chi issues.. and I'm not prepared to level a char/genie to 105 so I can have faith + ce lol. I might just be able to deal without the chi, but I figured I'd at least look at some other alternatives for fun. The only way to survive the first onslaught from in my opinion is either.. some sort of purify to kite the sin.. or a flat out immune to their damage. That leaves.. badge/faith/remove paralysis (which I've given some of the reasons I'd like others) and immunes are just domain and expel. I get killed through domain all the time.. demon headhunt lasts 8 seconds, I immune 4 of those.. and get killed in the other 4 (not to mention its a 3 minute cooldown.. yuck). I've never been a big fan of expel for 1v1s just because its more of just a delay tactic (you get sealed too), and people are starting to figure out to use water buff/no damage skills like roar or tele stun to stun lock you through expel. Obviously there is no perfect genie out there, with everything I'm looking for.. I can go with fortify/badge and get held in place with non-stuns, faith and no chi skill, remove paralysis does like nothing.. domain which doesn't save me, or expel which also doesn't save me. I feel kinda stuck, but wanted to know if anyone else had any creative solutions to this problem.. or if I should stick with what I have :P
  • Enemy - Raging Tide
    Enemy - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey Adroit and other! i recently made a decent genie but im not sure if my plan for it is the best.

its a 92/100 Zeal genie and i plan to get
    lvl10 Holy Path
    lvl10 Extreme Poison
    lvl1 Fortify
    lvl10 Spark
    lvl10 Badge of Courage
    lvl10 Expel
    lvl10 Absolute Domain

I calculated that i will need lvl102 to get enough affinity for all those skills so ive been fcing alot lately. (at 85% now)

for the genie attribute points so far i have
    5str
    45dex
    45vit
    55mag

and 67 available points to add in

should i dump all the points into dex? if i do that i would have 78 dex without any genie gears.

also i have 12 warsong medals and i think im going to get 4dex/4vit genie gears. is that the best for this genie? or another combination is better?

I would use this genie mainly for world pvp. i had to sacrifice frenzy to get the other skills soo i dont know if tw i would use this genie. frenzy ulti in tw is quite sexy

sooo what are your thoughts on this genie plan? thanks in advance for reading and commenting! b:thanks
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Hey Adroit and other! i recently made a decent genie but im not sure if my plan for it is the best.

its a 92/100 Zeal genie and i plan to get
    lvl10 Holy Path
    lvl10 Extreme Poison
    lvl1 Fortify
    lvl10 Spark
    lvl10 Badge of Courage
    lvl10 Expel
    lvl10 Absolute Domain

I calculated that i will need lvl102 to get enough affinity for all those skills so ive been fcing alot lately. (at 85% now)

for the genie attribute points so far i have
    5str
    45dex
    45vit
    55mag

and 67 available points to add in

should i dump all the points into dex? if i do that i would have 78 dex without any genie gears.

also i have 12 warsong medals and i think im going to get 4dex/4vit genie gears. is that the best for this genie? or another combination is better?

I would use this genie mainly for world pvp. i had to sacrifice frenzy to get the other skills soo i dont know if tw i would use this genie. frenzy ulti in tw is quite sexy

sooo what are your thoughts on this genie plan? thanks in advance for reading and commenting! b:thanks

/jealous of your amazing genie xD It seems like you have a really good idea about what you want, but 91+ genies have 8 skill slots (you listed 7 skills :P). If you were looking for a last skill, you might consider wind shield. I do really well against int chars with fortify + badge because I can kite them almost indefinitely, but I don't really have much against DPH on my genie. It's frustrating getting slept -> ultied or even just see an ulti coming and having one skill you can use every 3 minutes (domain) to help you get through it. Just something that has always been on my wish list :P

As far as your stats go, I would personally make sure you have at least 90dex with gear for the 6second fortify (iz soooo nice), and any remaining stats you could put into dex or vit.. just personal preference. If I had your genie I'd probably stat 5str 74dex 50vit 55mag, and +4/+4 genie gear would bring you to 5str 90dex 66vit 55mag.

Anyway I'm super jealous of your genie, and I think you're doing it right. You hit the all the important skills and whatnot.. so I don't really think you can go wrong with what you're planning :P I was considering making my own TW genie as well.. maybe a higher mag genie with frenzy, domain, ce, fortify, wind force or something of the like.. but haven't gotten around to it yet :P Good luck w/ whatever you choose for your genie, and when you do have it finished.. lemee know what you decided on and how you like it :P
  • Enemy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    /jealous of your amazing genie xD It seems like you have a really good idea about what you want, but 91+ genies have 8 skill slots (you listed 7 skills :P). If you were looking for a last skill, you might consider wind shield. I do really well against int chars with fortify + badge because I can kite them almost indefinitely, but I don't really have much against DPH on my genie. It's frustrating getting slept -> ultied or even just see an ulti coming and having one skill you can use every 3 minutes (domain) to help you get through it. Just something that has always been on my wish list :P

As far as your stats go, I would personally make sure you have at least 90dex with gear for the 6second fortify (iz soooo nice), and any remaining stats you could put into dex or vit.. just personal preference. If I had your genie I'd probably stat 5str 74dex 50vit 55mag, and +4/+4 genie gear would bring you to 5str 90dex 66vit 55mag.

Anyway I'm super jealous of your genie, and I think you're doing it right. You hit the all the important skills and whatnot.. so I don't really think you can go wrong with what you're planning :P I was considering making my own TW genie as well.. maybe a higher mag genie with frenzy, domain, ce, fortify, wind force or something of the like.. but haven't gotten around to it yet :P Good luck w/ whatever you choose for your genie, and when you do have it finished.. lemee know what you decided on and how you like it :P

ah Adroit thank you for the fast reply! im happy to hear im on the right track! b:pleased

i was actually a big genie noob awhile ago until i started watching your pk videos against calvin b:chuckle

and yes for the 8th skill i think im gonna play around with it and try out different skills see which one benefits me most in pk. i will definitely consider wind shield

im excited for this genie! now just need lvl102 soooo i can actually get all the skills!
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    My brand new genie stats:

Discipline lvl 90
    74/90 LP

Str 3
    Dex 69
    Vit 50
    Mag 45

(will put 5 more into Vit then rest in Dex. Gears will be probably +Mag ones)

Skills as of now:

Wind Force lvl 1
    Expel lvl 8
    Absolute Domain lvl 8
    Holy Path lvl 10
    Frenzy lvl 10
    Cauterize lvl 10

At level 100 replace Wind Force with Cloud Eruption and Cauterize with either Tree of Protection or Wind Shield, whichever proves to be more useful. Wish I could put Extreme Poison too but not enough affinity points for that.

It will be my all-around endgame genie, designed mostly to increase my survivability in PvE and TW. Frenzy and Cloud Eruption should nicely increase my damage output in TW though.
    Packs World International
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    My brand new genie stats:

Discipline lvl 90
    74/90 LP

Str 3
    Dex 69
    Vit 50
    Mag 45

(will put 5 more into Vit then rest in Dex. Gears will be probably +Mag ones)

Skills as of now:

Wind Force lvl 1
    Expel lvl 8
    Absolute Domain lvl 8
    Holy Path lvl 10
    Frenzy lvl 10
    Cauterize lvl 10

At level 100 replace Wind Force with Cloud Eruption and Cauterize with either Tree of Protection or Wind Shield, whichever proves to be more useful. Wish I could put Extreme Poison too but not enough affinity points for that.

It will be my all-around endgame genie, designed mostly to increase my survivability in PvE and TW. Frenzy and Cloud Eruption should nicely increase my damage output in TW though.

I think you missed the point of a dex genie. The skills you chose either get no bonus at all from dex, or so minor its hardly worth mentioning. The reason I have a dex genie is because it is so important for genie spark (every dex point increases fire reduction by .7%) and badge of courage (every 2dex = 1% higher chance for it to remove stun).. without any dex the skills would be hardly worth using (lol 40% chance to remove stun and 30% fire reduction.. with all my dex its 85% chance to remove stun and like 93% fire reduction).

For every genie, you should be putting in as much vit/mag as you can so that you can use skills more frequently.. and only put in str/dex if the genie skills you want NEED the str/dex to be useful. It's a tricky game trying to balance how often you want to use skills vs how effective you want them to be.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yup, my genie is 85% chance to remove stun as well (badge). However, 85% my ***! Try going out in PK with 2 sins on you and badge failing 4 times in a row D:<
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yup, my genie is 85% chance to remove stun as well (badge). However, 85% my ***! Try going out in PK with 2 sins on you and badge failing 4 times in a row D:<

Hm. The chance of that occurring is ~1/2000. You're very lucky.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I know a friend (sin) that made a 120 dex genie so that badge had a 100% chance at removing stun. He had like no vit/mag though.. but I was kinda toying around with that idea until I realized how often I use badge. Using badge twice at 85% chance is better than once at 100% chance IMHO. Besides, gives you the perfect excuse for losing (lol 15% chance for it to fail.. guess you have a 15% chance at beating me!) Still sux knowing that you're totally boned if it doesn't work. Another reason I wanted wind shield.. at least having SOMETHING on the genie that would do while waiting for the go to town button (although I srsly doubt it'd really do much in this circumstance tbh >.>)
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    That's the thing I hate about badge. If you use it and it fails, there's a good chance you're ****ed after. But yea, being in those sin fights, uncharmed, and having it fail 4 times in a row, was an awesome excuse for dying. b:pleased
  • Harrydresden - Raging Tide
    Harrydresden - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Enemy finally hit 102 n can use his OP genie =)

i want that kind of genie as ive been using this for world pk:

77/100
    70dex
    66vit
    5xmag
    ?str

lol im on my cleric so im lazy
    10 spark
    10 BoC
    1 fortify
    10 holy path
    10 EP
    10 expel

why i got EP > frenzy is that EP is 50e cost compared to 75 for the same amp, BUT with EP u get 13s amp with 70dex @.@ which is longer than frenzy and u dont hav to get 7 earth (builds with fortify)

For tw, i use a much different genie:

72/101
    5str
    3dex
    98vit
    66mag

or something like that again its on wiz, but the main point is the 98 vit because:
    1 Fortify
    10 AD
    10 holy path
    10 EP (kinda waste put dun know wat to do tbh)
    10 Frenzy
    1 CE

with 98 vit i can -> fortify -> IG -> Holy path -> 2spark aoe + frenzy all at once.....mildly 0rgasmic doing a 2spark aoe under IG in the RIGHT place with frenzy, can b used when ppl r buffing or chi-ing up, and u can DS safely out of harm, maybe replace EP with wind shield but havent decided, can be used on cata barbs for when Enemy n i pound on one n its a cheap 20% amp for all our friends
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Enemy finally hit 102 n can use his OP genie =)

i want that kind of genie as ive been using this for world pk:

77/100
    70dex
    66vit
    5xmag
    ?str

lol im on my cleric so im lazy
    10 spark
    10 BoC
    1 fortify
    10 holy path
    10 EP
    10 expel

why i got EP > frenzy is that EP is 50e cost compared to 75 for the same amp, BUT with EP u get 13s amp with 70dex @.@ which is longer than frenzy and u dont hav to get 7 earth (builds with fortify)

For tw, i use a much different genie:

72/101
    5str
    3dex
    98vit
    66mag

or something like that again its on wiz, but the main point is the 98 vit because:
    1 Fortify
    10 AD
    10 holy path
    10 EP (kinda waste put dun know wat to do tbh)
    10 Frenzy
    1 CE

with 98 vit i can -> fortify -> IG -> Holy path -> 2spark aoe + frenzy all at once.....mildly 0rgasmic doing a 2spark aoe under IG in the RIGHT place with frenzy, can b used when ppl r buffing or chi-ing up, and u can DS safely out of harm, maybe replace EP with wind shield but havent decided, can be used on cata barbs for when Enemy n i pound on one n its a cheap 20% amp for all our friends

nice genies :o I'm seriously considering wasting all my sp making a new genie I can use for TW.. then I can take frenzy off my normal (world pvp) genie and replace it with EP or wind shield.. seems like having one genie for everything isn't as great as I thought before. Badge/spark are basically useless for me in TW, spark is single target and I rarely get stunned in TW.. I can resist the bms/barbs that run in to stun.. and the r9 archers generally one shot me with stun arrow D: I might just need to make a genie kinda similar to your TW genie.. maybe just go for wind force instead of EP, its nice being able to get back in the fight quickly after I die.. (ground mounts are lame b/c you can't build chi as you're going.. and takes time getting on/off them).

I'm curious though, both you and Enemy have dex genies w/ fortify/badge but you also have expel. I feel like I use fortify/badge in place of expel, I'm sure expel is probably useful if you have several physical classes on you.. but other than that, is there some other use I'm missing (or is it just for those times u get ganked by several physical classes)?
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Such a long thread! I'll be reading through the whole lot later, doing it in stages for now.

I've been looking over different genie ideas for a while, and have some fun ideas for when/if I hit 103, but for now my genie works reasonably well and looks a little something like this.

Longevity genie (got this because it was 76/80 for 15mill)

85/100 LP lvl 101 genie with full vit/mag gear (inb4newbvitdistribution!)
    Str 5
    Dex 72
    Vit 60
    Mag 75

Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Badge of Courage
    Wind Shield
    Cloud Eruption
    Frenzy
    Spark

I've been considering fortify for quite some time, but affinity problems make it difficult (same issue with expel, EP etc).

Wind Shield is very much underrated imo. It has saved my *** vs aps players many times, and also turned many a 1 shot in to a charm tick. I had considered Aquaflame instead, but I'm not sure I prefer the skill, and the energy cost is much higher... so no thanks.

Addition: Considering getting a "standing around in pk mode outside the SZ" genie with expel / fortify and a bunch of vit. **** genie, but it does sound like a less stressful option against those waves of crappy sins. The one thing I dont like about it is that a crappy sin can force stealth before your expel is off, and you never actually get to kill them.

Addition #2: At an earlier poster, you cannot drop genies even in trade state. I've had two genies on me in trade state for a long long time and I spend a lot of time red named, and dying, without GS's.
    I love drinking tea
  • Enemy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    I'm curious though, both you and Enemy have dex genies w/ fortify/badge but you also have expel. I feel like I use fortify/badge in place of expel, I'm sure expel is probably useful if you have several physical classes on you.. but other than that, is there some other use I'm missing (or is it just for those times u get ganked by several physical classes)?

okay i think i have both expel and fortify/badge on my genie because im still kinda new to using badge/fortify to protect myself in pk. expel is what i used for long time and i just dont feel safe without it sometimes lol.

adroit do u think i should be replacing expel with another genie skill?

and right before maint i finished my pk genie and here's the finished product b:victory
    http://img840.imageshack.us/i/genie.png/

which draws anotherrrrr question: should i make it 100 dex by taking out some stat points from vit?
    100 dex on genie would give me
    1) 1 second more of extreme poison
    2) 1 second more of holy path (yay!!)
    3) raise spark to 100% fire debuff (from 96%)
    4) 90% success rate on badge!
    5) 1 more second of duration on wind shield's damage reduction

thank you guys in advance if you can take a look at my situation and give me some advices b:thanks

Additional comment : after reading the above post, i cant wait to try out wind shield on my genie! (first time having it)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    @Saeidon - Interesting genie :P How's it working for you? The only thing I think you're really missing is fortify.. but I'm a little biased towards that skill.. I can't really imagine pvp without it xD. If I were in your shoes I'd probably drop ce for fortify (although I'm sage.. dunno what culti you chose.. and I do think ce is more useful for demon than for sage, which could complicate things :P). One of the added side effects of doing that would be that your only high energy skill that you'd be spamming would be gone, and you'd have more flexibility statting out some of that mag for vit/dex (if you wanted to). All personal preference though :)

And you're right to skip aquaflame.. an extra 5% reduction in the damage you take does not make up for the the high energy requirement, the long cooldown, and the 10 sec amp afterwards.. lol

@Enemy - haha there are alot of people that are used to expel (*cough* Amour *cough*), and theres nothing wrong with that. I didn't like expel for 1v1s because a number of the people I fight know how to just stun lock me while I'm expelled.. and just kill me right after. I think it can be a little more useful in group pvp (lol I'm nearly always solo) because it gives time for your party to help you.. or whoever is atking you will more than likely switch targets so you can get away. I usually just badge -> blink when I'm in trouble, but there are some situations where expel would be more useful. It wouldn't fit on my genie due to affinities, and the 125 energy req was a huge turnoff.. and other skills just seemed more important to me. Right now, I really really want wind shield, and I do miss extreme poison a bit.. if I had a 91+ genie I'd probably have just about this same genie with wind shield + poison and take off frenzy (make a separate TW genie). You don't have wind force on your genie (and you can't get it), so you've basically got my dream genie -wind force.. I really can't think of any other skills that I'm dying to have myself.. so your last skill is just w/e you want lol. You could even check out some of the odder skills, I'm planning to get whirlwind on my veno's genie to use when a bm uses whirlwind on me.. just as a funny counter. They 1sec immobilize me so they can run up and stun, I immobilize them just after they do me and they can't run up to stun me. I've never seen anyone use it this way, but figured I'd give it a shot when my veno is high enough level. Iunno, you might just see whats available out there, but your last skill slot may just be a filler that you don't use that terribly often (nothing wrong w/ that :P)

As far as stats go, its again personal preference. I was really tempted to go for 100 dex, but I'd have to lose 15 vit for just 10 dex, and I just gave up on it lol. The extra bonuses for badge/spark/holy path would be nice, but it wasn't worth it for me to take that much vit out. Perhaps if I was able to afford 4vit/4dex gears I'd change my mind, but as it is right now.. 90dex is sufficient for me xD The way you've made your genie, its gonna be amazing no matter what you do, its not like these few odd stats/skill are really going to make or break it.. and its not that terribly expensive to change it later if you want to. I'd just go try it out in pvp with what you have right now, and see how it goes :P
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I chose demon, mainly for the additional immobilisations, as it was the complex short lock and kiting mix that caused me to ditch my cleric in favour of a wiz in the first place.
    I do agree that the high energy usage of CE is a horrible PITA, but I find that against some of the better demon players, its needed. If I unleash a chi heavy nuke and fail to kill my opponent, mo zun's taunt can otherwise leave me helpless. Its also practically impossible to regain chi at all if you need to kite a lot. I guess I could start carrying white tea to remedy that.

I think there is an argument for dropping Frenzy for fortify (this will require level 103). I have an R9 setup with 102 attack levels, so the additional 20 isn't anywhere near as noticable as when I only had 31. It does still help a hell of a lot against some of the R9 JoSD'ers however, and its just fantastic to frenzy out one of the big aoe's in some spots.
    If I had a 91+ genie I would be even more tempted to take this route, because I would of course have the affinity for Extreme Poison in that extra skill slot too. As it is, I would be tempted to drop holy path for EP, it would be a difficult decision.

Because of affinities it pretty much comes down to dropping one of those two skills, and I'm not a huge fan of dropping CE yet. You are right in saying that a lot of it comes down to cultivation. Being sage you have less skills to lock your targets up making fortify very important so you dont get locked up yourself, whereas I have more difficulties with chi.
    I love drinking tea
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I chose demon, mainly for the additional immobilisations, as it was the complex short lock and kiting mix that caused me to ditch my cleric in favour of a wiz in the first place.
    I do agree that the high energy usage of CE is a horrible PITA, but I find that against some of the better demon players, its needed. If I unleash a chi heavy nuke and fail to kill my opponent, mo zun's taunt can otherwise leave me helpless. Its also practically impossible to regain chi at all if you need to kite a lot. I guess I could start carrying white tea to remedy that.

I think there is an argument for dropping Frenzy for fortify (this will require level 103). I have an R9 setup with 102 attack levels, so the additional 20 isn't anywhere near as noticable as when I only had 31. It does still help a hell of a lot against some of the R9 JoSD'ers however, and its just fantastic to frenzy out one of the big aoe's in some spots.
    If I had a 91+ genie I would be even more tempted to take this route, because I would of course have the affinity for Extreme Poison in that extra skill slot too. As it is, I would be tempted to drop holy path for EP, it would be a difficult decision.

Because of affinities it pretty much comes down to dropping one of those two skills, and I'm not a huge fan of dropping CE yet. You are right in saying that a lot of it comes down to cultivation. Being sage you have less skills to lock your targets up making fortify very important so you dont get locked up yourself, whereas I have more difficulties with chi.

Ya, I really don't have any experience being demon at all, but I can definitely see ce being more important for you. I'd be careful dropping holy path, I don't really know how you'd kite if you were on the ground and got sealed or something :( Extreme poison is nice, but I don't think I'd drop holy path for it. I don't use holy path all that often, but when I do.. it generally saves me. You already have a much better single target amp (spark), and I do think that people on this server are in general too offensive, and often neglect their defenses. I do think that a genie's first priority is to defend against control skills (you shouldn't die if you aren't controlled in some way). So you might have fortify/badge to deal with stun, wind shield to deal with sleep (you only need to survive a one shot to get out of sleep), immobilize you can use pk pots/FoW/sleep/blink etc, and if you get sealed on the ground.. I think holy path is your best option. If you get pushed to the ground for any reason, its sometimes the only option getting back in the air. At least for me, maybe you have different experiences being demon :P
    edited April 2011
    Well I use expel due to the fact that I have had it for a long long time, my dex genie ive been using for idk how long, but it is serving me very well, also I have a 101 demon cleric in which i pk on alot too so when Enemy n i team up his expel -> i purify really fast and he is phys immune and no seal (i also do this on myself, channel purify hit expel, purify the seal retain phys immunity)

Also expel can work wonders vs a sin who uses throatcut (ie. they seal u) u hit expel about 1-2 s after they seal u, and then the seal wears off, BUT u hav phys immunity with no seal for like 9s? and when u think about it, expel lasts for liek 10s or so with high dex, so ur genie is recharging during that time and i can BoC or fortify after the expel wears off normally (im quite sure on this) again is all personal preference to how u play

I guess ill post my other 2 genies:

73/100

70str
    3dex
    58vit
    55mag

10 occ ice
    1 fortify
    10 EP
    10 holypath
    10 ToP
    10 expel

I usually use this on my cleric for pvp, though sometimes wiz (occ ice can b nice with sutra) and ToP counters sleep easily and prevents charm tick cause ur hp is massively increased. I used it alot when i was 9x on my cleric fighting r8 wizards who would undine sleep BT n i jus ToP n easily live (low E cost than AD too) but ToP doesnt really work vs aps

90/100
    5str
    3dex
    56 vit
    110 mag

Earthflame
    10 Expel
    10 Holy Path
    10 Adrenaline Surge
    10 AD
    10 ToP
    1 CE

I mainly use this for pve related stuff / event ie. tiger event for the fast CE spam and also in tw when i die n i put it on for fast CE n switch to my TW genie after. Its mainly defensive genie and i use it on cleric for 3-3 farming as add surge works wonders vs steelation n minister. I use this genie for my cleric in tw as i need to survive r9 ppl -_-

So yea, i have 4 good genies for different rolls for when i play so i hav options =)
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    [QUOTE=Adroit - Lost City;12783311@Enemy - haha there are alot of people that are used to expel (*cough* Amour *cough*), and theres nothing wrong with that. I didn't like expel for 1v1s because a number of the people I fight know how to just stun lock me while I'm expelled.. and just kill me right after. [/QUOTE]

Expel is a crutch, yes, but a necessary crutch. Once a majority of the people you pk against can stun lock you through it though, yes, its time to dump it.

Thankfully, our server doesn't have many of those . . . . yet. When it does, expel ties up too many affinity points to keep if it doesn't consistently save you imo.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Well I use expel due to the fact that I have had it for a long long time, my dex genie ive been using for idk how long, but it is serving me very well, also I have a 101 demon cleric in which i pk on alot too so when Enemy n i team up his expel -> i purify really fast and he is phys immune and no seal (i also do this on myself, channel purify hit expel, purify the seal retain phys immunity)

Also expel can work wonders vs a sin who uses throatcut (ie. they seal u) u hit expel about 1-2 s after they seal u, and then the seal wears off, BUT u hav phys immunity with no seal for like 9s? and when u think about it, expel lasts for liek 10s or so with high dex, so ur genie is recharging during that time and i can BoC or fortify after the expel wears off normally (im quite sure on this) again is all personal preference to how u play

I guess ill post my other 2 genies:

73/100

70str
    3dex
    58vit
    55mag

10 occ ice
    1 fortify
    10 EP
    10 holypath
    10 ToP
    10 expel

I usually use this on my cleric for pvp, though sometimes wiz (occ ice can b nice with sutra) and ToP counters sleep easily and prevents charm tick cause ur hp is massively increased. I used it alot when i was 9x on my cleric fighting r8 wizards who would undine sleep BT n i jus ToP n easily live (low E cost than AD too) but ToP doesnt really work vs aps

90/100
    5str
    3dex
    56 vit
    110 mag

Earthflame
    10 Expel
    10 Holy Path
    10 Adrenaline Surge
    10 AD
    10 ToP
    1 CE

I mainly use this for pve related stuff / event ie. tiger event for the fast CE spam and also in tw when i die n i put it on for fast CE n switch to my TW genie after. Its mainly defensive genie and i use it on cleric for 3-3 farming as add surge works wonders vs steelation n minister. I use this genie for my cleric in tw as i need to survive r9 ppl -_-

So yea, i have 4 good genies for different rolls for when i play so i hav options =)

Ya, its nice having expel if you can just get the phys immune without the seal. I was toying around with it a little on my mage, if you time it just right you can expel just as you triple spark to get the phys immune while tripled.. but thats kinda hard to time, especially in the heat of the moment. I just have a hard time putting such a high energy req skill on my relatively low vit/mag genie. I guess it does have its uses though :P

I really like all your genies, you pick all the right skills and stat them right. I obviously have my dex genie right now, I also kinda wanted to make a high mag genie for pve, a high vit/mag genie with faith, and a high vit/mag with domain/expel etc. Seems like you have all of those major genies already xD Do you ever use your str genie on your mage? And if you do.. how does it compare to your dex genie?
    edited April 2011
    Well like i said its all personal preference and the str genie is interesting to pk with. For instance (i keep all my genies trade rdy n hav unbound gear too in order to share when i go offline) i gav my str genie to my wiz friend to use as he lacked a good pk genie n he loved it. Perhaps it went with his controlling style as he is demon, but I find the str genie does work quite well simply because it is a control spell that we lack so badly. That friend ended up buying a good LP zeal n making n exact copy of that genie for himself =)

I found that it works very well vs non aps melee chars (or ranged to i guess) because while stunned i can tank their hits n jus fortify out of a chain stun when needed. As a result I can occ ice u and sutra 4 spells off n retain FoW n sleep. I found it worked very well maybe 2-3 months ago or perhaps before r8 sale against sins cause i could tank their initial head hunt etc and seal WoP DS away undine n fortify their tele stun n occ ice them n sutra pew pew dead fish.....cant really do now, genie is more defensivly built n its only 70str so it can fail, so thats why i use more on cleric because it can tank much better (i jus got a +10 cube neck w00t) evne if occ ice fails....if only u were on RT, id let u borrow any of my genies n test drive em urself lol

Currently working on a new genie for my veno which can be used by either char but it will hav 80str in the end provided the 66/90 goes 71+ though im still experimenting around with spells on trash genies to see if i can find a nice new one...thinking Wind Prison (i think) which can freeze a target while ur flying so it will giv my veno n cleric n extra disable (cant b used by wiz, but im using the dex genie 90% of the time any way,)

Ideally i want to get 80 dex on my dex genie for more EP, better BoC, n 1s longer expel though i cnat afford OP gear so im still using +2/3 gears

One day.....=)
  • soheix
    soheix Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I really like the idea of having multiple genie for different occasions. I currently use a PVE and a TW genie. What would you consider a good PVE genie for fcc, bh and nirvana and what would be a ideal TW genie?

This is the genie I use for PVE. I originally made this genie to try to sutra cast all three ultimates.

73/100 lvl 101

72str
    3dex
    66vit
    44mag

10 CE
    10 Occult
    10 Tangling
    10 Holy Path
    10 AD
    10 Expel

I wish I had more mag in this genie but 66vit and 72str gives me just enough to demon spark 2 in a row.

This is my TW genie.

74/100

3str
    5dex
    67vit
    91mag

10 Frenzy
    1 Fortify
    1 CE
    10 AD
    10 Holy Path
    10 ToP

I probably change out Top for EP since I'm alway in catkill squads.

I have a dex genie but I don't use it very much since I don't pvp very much. I tend to like genie with cloud eruption, I like the flexibility with having chi all the time.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    @harry - ya I was guessing a str genie might have trouble with defensive skills. I thought it would be fun playing with occult.. But if I'm dead before I can use it.. Kinda defeats the point.

@soheix - you are demon huh? :) but I think ce would be nice for a pve/tw genie. In world pk, I think its a real handicap being it uses up so much energy.. It'd be difficult to justify using it being that youd be sacrificing all of your genie defensive skills for a while.

I'm probably not going to even make a pve genie for my mage.. I don't really think mages have a role in pve.. And using one of my other genies should work for the odd time where I'm in an instance for some reason. I was thinking of making a discipline TW genie with...

1 wind force
    10 holy path
    1 ce
    10 frenzy
    10 domain
    1 fortify

I haven't really looked at the affinities yet.. But it'd be nice to have another defensive skill.. Perhaps expel or something, but its not set in stone. I'm leaning towards a high mag genie, but I could also go for higher vit. I don't even have another genie to make this on yet, so I have time to decide xD not all that original, but I really think those skills would be awesome in TW