Proving that 5aps isn't broken

Options

Comments

• prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited December 2010
    Options
    charlimit

for some reason.. I read that as ashura purgatory. b:surrenderthe fault of never proof-reading anything.
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    for some reason.. I read that as ashura purgatory. b:surrenderthe fault of never proof-reading anything.

Hmm.... Ok, recovered, barely.

Thats a HELL of a misread tho b:chuckle
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Either that barb didn't know how to go into kitty form and use Roar, or he was level two.
    Long before 5aps huh? So you must have been around a while, am I right?

....you obviously weren't. Those of us who came before the pre-Aps addiction know how it was before then, and most of us will tell you it was 150% better before everybody and their mom had 5.0. (Especially those who originally rolled Archers in Beta. I'm sure they miss those days where they actually got to use their bows.)
    If you were from that time period, you'd know just how stupid you sound trying to defend one of the most broken things in this game.

Have you even stepped foot in a PvP server? I have to wonder. I wanna see that Venomancer of yours take up Kitamura from LC sometime. When that 5aps level 105 Assassin pops out, oneshots you, and then vanishes before you can even figure out where the hell she came from, maybe you might have some kind of fathoming of just how broken APS really is. I can promise you, you won't stand a chance.

You see, nobody ever calls for -chan casters because......we simply don't need it. It's not a real requirement for us. You don't see Nirvana squads screaming for -chan Clerics. Ever. I defy you to find ONE.
    So why should every single physical damage dealer have to rely on Aps? It's not right for those without, and it's simply too big an advantage for those with it, save for the archers.

And exactly how many people play archers these days? FAR fewer than before, when APS was specifically for them. Because Archers needed it. They still need it. The problem is, they have to keep up with Blademasters and Assassins. So they get overlooked. And those who played Archers roll the aforementioned classes just to get some action.

Those who say Aps isn't broken are either from the post-APS era, are biased and have a full APS character, simply have no idea what they're talking about, or are merely very gullible. Take your pick Tweakz.

Might as well take Krimson off Aster....if your tank is an Assassin, all it has to do is stick freeze on it, and the kiting is over.

The others I'll agree with; not sure about the right gate boss though.

You are 100% right. Before pack, every class had his place in squad. Every class was designed for some purpose. Game was balanced really nice. But china realized, they needed more money. So they created OP classes with possibility to get incredible APS and - interval gear. They didn't care about balance anymore. That's why is this game broken. Non equal chances for all classes by far. And GM of this game know it very good. But they shut up, because it brings lot of money. But aspect of game, like pleasure of playing is for caster death already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sekmeth - Raging Tide
    Sekmeth - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Either that barb didn't know how to go into kitty form and use Roar, or he was level two.
    Long before 5aps huh? So you must have been around a while, am I right?

....you obviously weren't. Those of us who came before the pre-Aps addiction know how it was before then, and most of us will tell you it was 150% better before everybody and their mom had 5.0. (Especially those who originally rolled Archers in Beta. I'm sure they miss those days where they actually got to use their bows.)
    If you were from that time period, you'd know just how stupid you sound trying to defend one of the most broken things in this game.

Have you even stepped foot in a PvP server? I have to wonder. I wanna see that Venomancer of yours take up Kitamura from LC sometime. When that 5aps level 105 Assassin pops out, oneshots you, and then vanishes before you can even figure out where the hell she came from, maybe you might have some kind of fathoming of just how broken APS really is. I can promise you, you won't stand a chance.

You see, nobody ever calls for -chan casters because......we simply don't need it. It's not a real requirement for us. You don't see Nirvana squads screaming for -chan Clerics. Ever. I defy you to find ONE.
    So why should every single physical damage dealer have to rely on Aps? It's not right for those without, and it's simply too big an advantage for those with it, save for the archers.

And exactly how many people play archers these days? FAR fewer than before, when APS was specifically for them. Because Archers needed it. They still need it. The problem is, they have to keep up with Blademasters and Assassins. So they get overlooked. And those who played Archers roll the aforementioned classes just to get some action.

Those who say Aps isn't broken are either from the post-APS era, are biased and have a full APS character, simply have no idea what they're talking about, or are merely very gullible. Take your pick Tweakz.

Might as well take Krimson off Aster....if your tank is an Assassin, all it has to do is stick freeze on it, and the kiting is over.

The others I'll agree with; not sure about the right gate boss though.

Right, lots of speculations there.

1. Kitamura one shoots ppl? What does have to do with APS? One shot KO is 1 hit. 1 aps or 100 aps it's still one hit :) If you wanna see 1 shot KO capability look for r9 wiz/archer.

2. Yeah because channeling classes are too lazy to make teams. Also because some many bosses they are too squishy (random aggro sucks for them). So yeah nerf 5 APS and arcanes still probably wont be wanted for what they aren't now just because they cant really do it well. Unless they actually do actual thinking and not just throw all points in mag. Ohhh wait then they wont own in pvp like they do now. So now you see it's in fact balanced, you suck in pve to be good in pvp. The only really OP class is sin because of stealth, just because they can pk you and you cant do much about it.

3. How were Archers THE ones who are supposed to be high aps? Let's see BM have fists/claws skills to increase attack speed on already high speed weapons an add elemental dmg to them. Sins have rather fast weapons with -int rank eq. Archers have slow weapons with much much higher pattack. Sorry if you think archers were supposed to have best use for -int them you think backwards. Archers were always spike dmg class, considering their weapon has like 2-3x more pattack then claws.

Before pwi only class that could get 4+ aps as archer but not by using bow, so high aps was always here. What really made people go for aps i think it's the last updates that made bosses a nightmare for squishy classes and mostly because almost all go pure builds and then cry for being 1 shot by bosses. Unless they think really good about the future updates to balance things, mindlessly removing APS might brake the game so much that all people will be able to do is get rank8/9 and pvp, nirvana will be so rare ...

Also how many 4-5 APS in every server? 10-15% of playerbase? Really a minority. Check scoreboard for each server, all u see is archers/bm/sins? Also keep in mind that end game archers usually have bows too, sins are OP as they are and BM are only good because of fists/claws (yeah axes only a support weapon atm, as they are probably lowest dps in game). The only problem is for those that QQ endlessly, the same that cried about herc/nix venos being OP when it was because it was a fortune to get those. They only see the effects not the cause for all this.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You are 100% right. Before pack, every class had his place in squad. Every class was designed for some purpose. Game was balanced really nice. But china realized, they needed more money. So they created OP classes with possibility to get incredible APS and - interval gear. They didn't care about balance anymore. That's why is this game broken. Non equal chances for all classes by far. And GM of this game know it very good. But they shut up, because it brings lot of money. But aspect of game, like pleasure of playing is for caster death already.

Lol! The classes were NEVER balanced in such a way, or I wouldn't have rolled a veno. I started with a Wiz which was so dependent on squad from the start. There's one single instance -ONE- that aps dominates in and they aren't making out any better than casters are in other areas. Any jarhead can make an -int toon and run that monotonous instance all day patting themselves on the back. Maybe playing caster just isn't simple enough for some.

While people keep saying Barbs are obsolete, and casters slow things down: there are some who are actually exploiting their new found power. Casters don't go toe to toe with melee. We have the dedicated Barbs who figured it out round up the masses of mobs in an instance and we make them go *poof*. We humiliate those 5aps's when they get the idea to try to take over our grinding spots. When they run from boss doing lethal AoE, or the boss moves from them; we keep plugging away. Is it a coincidence that some bosses are put next to each other?

When everyone has their own -int toon and farms the **** out of Nirvana, where's the money going to be? Genesis is right around the corner. Better hope it's nothing like Warsong.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • prof
    edited December 2010
    Options
    who grinds anymore?

..i seem to survive multiple bosses pretty well with my 5.0 character. then again, if you have a healer, everybody does. relevance?
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Lol! The classes were NEVER balanced in such a way, or I wouldn't have rolled a veno. I started with a Wiz which was so dependent on squad from the start. There's one single instance -ONE- that aps dominates in and they aren't making out any better than casters are in other areas. Any jarhead can make an -int toon and run that monotonous instance all day patting themselves on the back. Maybe playing caster just isn't simple enough for some.

While people keep saying Barbs are obsolete, and casters slow things down: there are some who are actually exploiting their new found power. Casters don't go toe to toe with melee. We have the dedicated Barbs who figured it out round up the masses of mobs in an instance and we make them go *poof*. We humiliate those 5aps's when they get the idea to try to take over our grinding spots. When they run from boss doing lethal AoE, or the boss moves from them; we keep plugging away. Is it a coincidence that some bosses are put next to each other?

When everyone has their own -int toon and farms the **** out of Nirvana, where's the money going to be? Genesis is right around the corner. Better hope it's nothing like Warsong.

i beg to differ. they just dont ask for more for the rest cause the rest dont have a squad-of-six 100+ and key requirement to open.

tt? 50 mobs total, big deal. lunar? same. frost isnt that hard to aoe, sins stelath through the mobs anyway (and it doesnt make a lot of coins either). warsong? who farms it anyway and mobs arent that much. get 5x 5aps and each one will get a mob.
    oh, there is delta. that's like 4mil in 3h? but yes, we humiliate them when we grind on spiders yay. what bosses are next to each other anyway? mystery of antiquity and watcher of the chasm?

but well, bring numbers, cryptic hints about instances that casters are better is not a proof.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    aaaaaahhhh people stop crying!

5.0aps or perm 3 spark is not broken at all.
    the only thing broken is stealth + 5.0 aps.

in pvp; what is the use of 5.0aps if the 5.0'er gets killed before even reaching his target?
    exactly.

you have alot to learn to think 5.0 aps is OP or broken or w/e
    it is needed for instances like HH/Nirvana, it would take too long to 'farm' otherwise.

Just dont use ur mage/psy as farm char, cuz those are the most worthless farming chars.

oh and i dont have 5.0aps char, just a veno :)

lock this damn thread please, its annoyingb:shutup
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
    edited December 2010
    Options

in pvp; what is the use of 5.0aps if the 5.0'er gets killed before even reaching his target?
    exactly. i say that bms and barbs cannot pvp.

you have alot to learn to think cashop is OP or broken or w/e
    it is needed for instances like HH/Nirvana, it would take too long to 'farm' otherwise.

Just dont use ur mage/psy as farm char, cuz those are the most worthless farming chars.
    use mastercard.

sorry that we annoy you princessb:cute
    maybe you shouldnt look at the bold i added and it's basically what you say; u might be annoyed.b:cute

and to elaborate a bit:
    while nobody said anything about pvp what u said is stupid. are u telling me that no bm/barb can ever reach you? (then stun u, switch gears and go 5aps on u?)

"takes too long to farm", hey guess what. it will be even faster if u just buy the gear!

"dont use ur mage, make an alt" so u basically tell me not to play the game with my prefered char and make i char i dont enjoy playing. you might as well tell me to deliver pizzas and then use the money to cashop.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

exactly.

you have alot to learn to think 5.0 aps is OP or broken or w/e

for PVP:
    sins got antistun/stealth/teleport
    bms got narrow/antistun/smack/TE
    barbs got lots of hp/antistun/TE

its all about ppl that can't play their class...who needs stunlock/skills?
    all they have to do is occult ice/stun->normal attack

for PVE:
    melees can always switch to axe to aoe the hell out of a group of mobs
    bm got dragon
    barb got armageddon
    sins got Subsea,Rift and CoD but their aoes arn't spamable

lets ask devs to make a new dungeon with a lv1 boss with 1hp that allways drops a warsoul weapon and free Rank9 where everybody can farm like hell b:surrender
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

I'd like to see a squad full of casters killing Snakefist in Warsong without wiping b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'd like to see a squad full of casters killing Snakefist in Warsong without wiping b:bye

have done it. wizzie tanked. anything else? :b
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The legit way? bugged doesnt count :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The legit way? bugged doesnt count :P

bugged? i've heard about a bug but never read details.

the boss aoed, we attacked, i dont think it was bugged o-o

the first time the wizzie had a nirvana set and the second it was a r9 though xd
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OP wizzie friend u have there xD

My point being tho, even in instances like Warsong you usually need high DPS to kill the bosses in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    0 channeling would mean you have no channeling items. ie: as slow as possible.

I imagine -0% channelling be spelled differently from 0 channelling.
    neon purgatory is an axe. rest of this chunk is useless.

You were probably thinking of Ashura of Purgatory. (Edit: oh, you saw that and posted about that, but did not update your original post... so... if you were not going to update your original post I suppose I should leave this here also.)
    It`s actually literally impossible to hold aggro from 4aps with axes, you cant do it more than few seconds while they are sparking.

Personally, I can pull aggro off of most barbarians with my +5 bow. And I am a 300 dexterity sage archer (with no Diamonds of Tiger, either).

Then again, a few seconds of aggro can sometimes be enough, if used intelligently and timed properly.
    3) Primal Fear in Lunar Glade (it can't be properly attacked in mellee)

I know of two different techniques to kill that boss with 5aps. I have used both of them in squads without stellar gear, without any player deaths. (Edit: no, I was wrong about the boss -- I was thinking of Drake Fling -- I think I always used ranged on Primal Fear, but its been quite some time since I tried him.)
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    Options

Lmao, really? 4minutes to kill: 2 of me (veno even w/o pet) and a cleric could do it in 3, and that's with a mere +10 TT99 weapon.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Right, lots of speculations there.

1. Kitamura one shoots ppl? What does have to do with APS? One shot KO is 1 hit. 1 aps or 100 aps it's still one hit :) If you wanna see 1 shot KO capability look for r9 wiz/archer.
    Since when did you become the expert on one shotting in PvP? You're on a PvE server, and a laughable one at that.

My point is, you could stick my 20k HP Nirvana geared Demon Barb up against Kita, and he wouldn't come out alive. APS has effectively given every class who has it the ability to kill anything they want quickly without consequence.

2. Yeah because channeling classes are too lazy to make teams.
    Who's speculating now?! Have you been sticking your finger in a light socket recently? Do you know how many of the casters complain about not being able to get into squads because everybody and their mom is so addicted to APS that they don't even bother asking for anything except a BM/Sin and a cleric? Oh, there's our two man squad, better go finish this instance in like ten minutes and call it a day.

We do ask for squads. The problem is, nobody invites us because they'd much rather take ten minutes on an instance that's supposed to take much longer.

Also because some many bosses they are too squishy (random aggro sucks for them).
    And that's why you have those of us with a VIT build. Those who don't have high HP? That's their own damn fault. Restat, make a VIT/MAG cleric/wizard/psychic.

So yeah nerf 5 APS and arcanes still probably wont be wanted for what they aren't now just because they cant really do it well.
    .....We're some of the highest DD's in the game....and you want to say we're not doing our job well? I can promise you before everybody started getting high on APS, we WERE doing our jobs. .....Maybe you have been sticking your finger in a light socket.

Unless they actually do actual thinking and not just throw all points in mag. Ohhh wait then they wont own in pvp like they do now.
    HA! Try telling that to UrDian, who's as big a VIT/MAG junkie as I am. I've yet to know anybody who's killed him without having to bring a friend or two. Of course....he's R9 so why should he have to worry, right?
    So now you see it's in fact balanced, you suck in pve to be good in pvp.
    The only really OP class is sin because of stealth, just because they can pk you and you cant do much about it.
    Well at least there's one good point in your argument....

3. How were Archers THE ones who are supposed to be high aps? Let's see BM have fists/claws skills to increase attack speed on already high speed weapons an add elemental dmg to them. Sins have rather fast weapons with -int rank eq. Archers have slow weapons with much much higher pattack. Sorry if you think archers were supposed to have best use for -int them you think backwards. Archers were always spike dmg class, considering their weapon has like 2-3x more pattack then claws.

Lemme try and break this down:

Once upon a time, Blademasters only went up to 3.33 attacks per second. Archers could go up to 5, because unlike blademasters, were squishy to physical and magical damage and needed all the help they could get. See, that was back in the days when people didn't have clawchers. Archers didn't need claws because they didn't need to compete with Blademasters for damage.
    And then the first blademaster discovered that by throwing money around, they could hit just as fast as an archer. And thus the Archer class died immediately afterwards.

Before pwi only class that could get 4+ aps as archer but not by using bow, so high aps was always here. What really made people go for aps i think it's the last updates that made bosses a nightmare for squishy classes and mostly because almost all go pure builds and then cry for being 1 shot by bosses. Unless they think really good about the future updates to balance things, mindlessly removing APS might brake the game so much that all people will be able to do is get rank8/9 and pvp, nirvana will be so rare ...

There were APS long before the 'fix' to instances. It's been broken long before the instances were 'fixed'. The only reason why they were 'fixed' was to make it harder for APS classes to do. (And look how good of a job they're doing...not.)

Archers could easily get 5.0 by using their bows and some gear that wasn't ****. That just shows you don't know what the hell you're talking about. It's true, they could use claws. But they didn't need to! Why should you restat for higher STR just to get a weapon you can't use your skills with and just hit things with? And what if you got aggro? Yeah, you were dead.

Even WITHOUT APS, R8/9 has broken the game already PvP wise and PvE wise. You can thank "China's different gaming culture" for that one. It wouldn't matter if they got rid of aps or not, the Rank sale would still be a major problem.
    If you did get rid of aps, you'd find more people would roll archers again, and maybe even start playing casters like they used to. Venomancers and Barbarians would once again be one of the strongest classes in the entire game, like they used to be before Assassins and 5.0 got married.
    The most that would happen with the players and ridding of 5.0 would be a ragequit by the masses (as if that hasn't happened already twice because of PWE shafting us raw) and QQing by every APS Assassin and Blademaster on the planet. You wanna see REAL Nerdrage? Remove 5.0.

Also how many 4-5 APS in every server? 10-15% of playerbase? Really a minority. Check scoreboard for each server, all u see is archers/bm/sins? Also keep in mind that end game archers usually have bows too, sins are OP as they are and BM are only good because of fists/claws (yeah axes only a support weapon atm, as they are probably lowest dps in game).
    LMAO....your source is the Scoreboard? Do you know how many times that's updated? Pick a number between 1 and 5.
    Do you know how many characters aren't included in those boards? I'm talking about all the high level 9x's and even some 100's who aren't even stuck up there simply because of laziness on part of whoever the hell is managing that board. I won't even get into those who are low 9x's....

Who the hell is speculating now? Might wanna take that number up a notch....I can assure you there are a lot more blademasters and assassins then there are most any other class. (Wizards, Archers, Barbarians, and Psychics. Venomancers and Clerics are iffy at this point.)

The only problem is for those that QQ endlessly, the same that cried about herc/nix venos being OP when it was because it was a fortune to get those. They only see the effects not the cause for all this.

The reason why Venomancers were given the legendary pets is simply because they really lacked the punch that other classes had, thus making them very, very easy to kill. (Those of you there during that time remember how almost nobody rolled a Venomancer...you had squads screaming for one for a decent lure before the genies came out. It was a mess.) Not a whole lot of people played Werefoxes in those days-- most people played Priests, Mages, Werebeasts, and Archers. (This was back when Archers were considered a very very deadly class, and a lot of people played them.)

So, they gave Venomancers hercs and nix's to even out the odds. What the idiots who came up with the idea didn't realize with the bleed effect that came with the Nix's attack. Of course, since people were now rolling Venomancers like crazy to get these pets, nobody cared, because as usual, they were filling their pockets of the stupidity of the players. And it did cost a fortune. It STILL costs a fortune.

The bleed was the reason why so many people QQ'd simply because with one attack you could pretty much take out any robed class, and sometimes even LA Blademasters and just about every archer known to man.
    Then, charms came out. Now suddenly Werebeasts (Barbarians) and Werefoxes (Venomancers) were two of the most powerful classes in the entire game. A lot of people considered them to have an advantage over other classes. (They still do, it's simply being over looked by the Assassins now.)

You see, if people weren't so distracted by the sale, the OP Assassins, and APS, you know what they'd be complaining about?

Phoenixes.....and maybe instance 'fixes'.

[/charlimit]
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Have you been sticking your finger in a light socket recently?

Great point. You got me with that one!
    Do you know how many of the casters complain about not being able to get into squads because everybody and their mom is so addicted to APS that they don't even bother asking for anything except a BM/Sin and a cleric?

Non 4.0+ BM and Sins are complaining too. b:bye
    We do ask for squads. The problem is, nobody invites us because they'd much rather take ten minutes on an instance that's supposed to take much longer.

Maybe they don't want fail? Please post source of: " instance that's supposed to take much longer". (prove it) -Ever get gold on Trophy Mode? -'Course not.
    And that's why you have those of us with a VIT build. Those who don't have high HP? That's their own damn fault. Restat, make a VIT/MAG cleric/wizard/psychic.

Robes don't get as much HP from vit as melee classes. You stat dex too? Why you want people throwing away stats on vit when we get enough HP from refines, and equips?
    HA! Try telling that to UrDian, who's as big a VIT/MAG junkie as I am. I've yet to know anybody who's killed him without having to bring a friend or two. Of course....he's R9 so why should he have to worry, right?

-Lol? Think you're just trolling.
    because unlike blademasters, were squishy to physical and magical damage and needed all the help they could get

-It would help if you actually backed up this nonsense instead of repeating it. Where is your source concerning *because they're squishy*? "anybody" isn't a source.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hey, didnt they increase the chi gain from 4 to 5 per hit for blademasters around the update therefore enabling them to go 5aps? not sure if that's right though
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hey, didnt they increase the chi gain from 4 to 5 per hit for blademasters around the update therefore enabling them to go 5aps? not sure if that's right though

That wouldnt enable 5APS, it would (Did) make Permaspark easier to get.

old chi gain :

12x4 = 48 attacks a spark.
    48 x 4 = 192 chi per spark.

12 x 5 = 60 attacks a spark.
    60 x 4 = 240 chi per spark.

New :

48 x 5 = 240 chi per spark.

12 x 5 = 60 attacks per spark.
    60 x 5 = 300 chi per spark.

---

Spark means Demon spark in my calc if if people truly care.
    Only thing that bugs me is I thought it was possible to hit permaspark at 4APS, and my calc shows that as wrong.... Or did I just lose it somewhere and gave it significance because its as fast as you can get unsparked? (As far as I know).
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

old chi gain :

48 x 4 = 192 chi per spark.

12 x 5 = 60 attacks a spark.
    60 x 4 = 240 chi per spark.

New :

48 x 5 = 240 chi per spark.

12 x 5 = 60 attacks per spark.
    60 x 5 = 300 chi per spark.

---

Spark means Demon spark in my calc if if people truly care.
    Only thing that bugs me is I thought it was possible to hit permaspark at 4APS, and my calc shows that as wrong.... Or did I just lose it somewhere and gave it significance because its as fast as you can get unsparked? (As far as I know).
    4 APS right now is technically permaspark but it's very close. My BM was 4 APS for a few months before getting the -int tome for 5 (I don't count the time I used my wife's LU&D) and in every instance that didn't interrupt attacks, was able to keep sparked at 4.

However, if we try a little context, that matters little in instances like Nirvana where you get sealed like crazy and in some cases have to run all over the place as well. 5 APS there is barely permaspark. 4 isn't even close unless you're a sin and can chi yourself constantly.
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    4 APS right now is technically permaspark but it's very close. My BM was 4 APS for a few months before getting the -int tome for 5 (I don't count the time I used my wife's LU&D) and in every instance that didn't interrupt attacks, was able to keep sparked at 4.

However, if we try a little context, that matters little in instances like Nirvana where you get sealed like crazy and in some cases have to run all over the place as well. 5 APS there is barely permaspark. 4 isn't even close unless you're a sin and can chi yourself constantly.

Cloud eruption is a very underestimated genie skill in that respect lol.

I can Perma Spark, technically, and im 1.43 with Lv 2 Inner Harmony b:victory b:chuckle

Really want to level that skill (And a million others) but im poor and was ill all christmas and couldnt grind any coin b:sad
  • prof
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I imagine -0% channelling be spelled differently from 0 channelling.

I know what he was implying. he recently discovered a pserver that uses a version of that client that didn't patch the glitch. he thinks instant cast is the equalizer, whereas he's sadly mistaken.

instant > everything in this game. 5/s? **** that. instant can hit 10/s using MAGE skills, while perma furied. it was patched for a reason.
    edited December 2010
    Options

woops indeed, my mistakeb:beatup
    Cloud eruption is a very underestimated genie skill in that respect lol.

chi siphon ftw:b
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    Options
    chi siphon ftw:b

-Yep, 300 stam vs 500 stam: Save the nickles and dimes.
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    -Yep, 300 stam vs 500 stam: Save the nickles and dimes.

Needs a target and its dependant on your genie build tho. Il admit siphon is better if you can use it, but me lieks me Cloud Eruption on my 3.14 regen genie b:avoid
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Archers could easily get 5.0 by using their bows and some gear that wasn't ****. That just shows you don't know what the hell you're talking about. It's true, they could use claws. But they didn't need to! Why should you restat for higher STR just to get a weapon you can't use your skills with and just hit things with? And what if you got aggro? Yeah, you were dead.

lolwut? archers 5.0 with bow?
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Really want to level that skill (And a million others) but im poor and was ill all christmas and couldnt grind any coin b:sad

I'll give you 1 mil if you kill Luctircia for me....20 times. b:chuckle
    <.< I want an SS of it though.

I told her I'd kill her myself, but I'm too lazy to log in and do anything else except mess around in WC and small talk in West Arch. That's about all that's fun in this game anymore anyways.

And yes Mosz....with a bow. Pretty scary thought, isn't it?
  • prof
    edited December 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=cc3f9eea1c16f093

teach me your 5.0 w/ bow magicks, witch