if PWCN nerfed APS... does PWI have to follow???

Lingzi - Lost City
Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
ok heres the problem, im sure PWI is scared of losing alot of players if they nerf 5aps. in my occassion, if im nerfed again, i will quit this game too...

and yea, PWCN is gonna nerf aps somehow....

so if PWI think that nerfing aps will decrease the fun in playing this game, then why dont they just DONT follow what PW CN does?

if PW CN nerfed demaon/sage spark in stealth... do u have to follow wat they do?

if PW CN nerfed APS, do u really have to follow what they do?

edited after reading the first 3 pages of comments

ok n yea i have read the 3 pages of comments and now here r my replies. i will always reply here so tat u can can find my replies easier.

the thing tat i was trying to point out is not really about 5 aps. its about 'why does when PW CN changed something in its game... PWI will have to follow?'

PW CN decided to take away sage/demon spark in stealth, n PWI followed tat.

now PW CN is gonna nerf aps, PWI seems like its gonna follow tat too.

just look at FW, its now on beta testing phase.... whats the reason for beta testing? to explore all the glitches n other negative aspects of the game.....

n yea, testers r doing their job n are reporting. but PWE dont seem to make any changes, why? becos FW CN hasnt changed anything yet. PWE will only make changes when its CN company make changes. tat totally takes away the reason of carrying out beta testing phases.

PWI n PW CN r played by different people, shouldnt changes n nerfs in game be different as well?

look at tat TW payment situation, PW CN gives everyone mirages kuz theres inflation there. and PWE knew that its gonna cause alot of arguments... but they mindlessly follow wat the PW CN does anyway. my question is.... if something from PW CN dont seem to work on PWI, why dont they just DONT FOLLOW it? its not necessary.
Post edited by Lingzi - Lost City on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The patches for PWI are made by the programmers of PW-CH, as you probably know.

The games are also owned by the same company, as you probably know.

So, if they believe that a certain change is for the good in one version of their game, it should be true of the other version, as the two versions are just about identical.

And besides, why are you so concerned about nerfing aps anyway? 5 APS affecting the game negatively is a fact. Claiming that it's not hurting the game would be ridiculous.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    if PW CN nerfed demaon/sage spark in stealth... do u have to follow wat they do?

Kids these days have no concept of what a contract is and means.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lingzi?

1.TROLL b:bye
    2.SOURCE for PWCN APS nerv
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ok heres the problem, im sure PWI is scared of losing alot of players if they nerf 5aps. in my occassion, if im nerfed again, i will quit this game too...

so if PWI think that nerfing aps will decrease the fun in playing this game, then why dont they just DONT follow what PW CN does?

Of course they never disappoint when disappointing us b:sin b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010

That would decrease the fun for aps classes but... as if they cared.

If aps gets nerfed there it will get nerfed here too. Although at best the nerf is just changing chi gain of normal hits or something.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited December 2010

When a sin jump on you you dont have 1 sec to react or when a sin/BM can kill a barb in 2 sec?.... Remove 5 APS plz b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How many times should this kind of thread be shown on pwi-forum? im getting tired of these QQ threads. aps is a part of the game =.=
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How many times should this kind of thread be shown on pwi-forum? im getting tired of these QQ threads. aps is a part of the game =.=

Well, this topic is kinda lobbying for the opposite. Most of the APS related topics are about how it needs to be nerfed, whereas this is for the opposite.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Zoroaster - Harshlands
    Zoroaster - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2010

fist barb? just askingb:laugh
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. b:laugh
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    arent u the sin that QQ'ed in the sin forums that he cant kill anyone when tripple sparked in stealth was nerfed? XD
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    An assassin is worried about being "nerfed again?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    fist barb? just askingb:laugh

He is.

As it said in another thread, there was an interview with a person from PW-CN about the Genesis expansion, them stating that 5aps will be nerfed so they are a bit less effective, but wont lose their overall aps.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Of course they never disappoint when disappointing us b:sin b:chuckle
    Likely because you'll find a reason to QQ anyways, therefore, who cares about pleasing you?
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2010

You will leave and another players come back. Me for example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Likely because you'll find a reason to QQ anyways, therefore, who cares about pleasing you?

Oh sorry my post seem accidentally summoning you, but i am not joining the wars anymore. b:chuckle
    Have a good day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Has anyone provided any proof that CN is nerfing APS or is it still just rumormill sputtering about with random vague speculation?
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Has anyone provided any proof that CN is nerfing APS or is it still just rumormill sputtering about with random vague speculation?

I'm too lazy to go try and find it, but I do remember reading, like he said, about them saying in an interview that aps won't be nerfed, just that they will be "less effective" in some of the new content.
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    Naturion - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    the hell with nerfin the aps, i dont even have the aps and im looking forward to get 5.0 or atleast 4 and if they nerf apps then **** this game.

Everyone who is still working on achieving 4 or 5 aps has something to look forward to, they want to have fun as much as the other full interval geared people are having, and if they nerf the aps, whats the point with even getting interval gears that the people who doesnt have full interval gear is trying to achieve?, it would be a waste of money as well.

pssht, dont nerf the apps, just fix that magic classes can hit mobs and bosses alot harder but not players, so it doesnt **** up the pvp lol.

Alot of people will probably QQ and say, "like 5 aps people doesnt kill everyone in 2 sec" bah, they still have to run all the way to you, by then a wizzie can 1 or 2 shot a bm lmao come on get over it.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The big problem I can imagine, with 4aps is that the game becomes very lag sensitive, for a lot of motivated people

But assassins will still have permaspark, even with lag -- they just will not be able to macro it using in-game macros -- they will instead have to use something like a keyboard with a builtin timer on its own macros. (And, no, I do not know where to find them, but they are certainly possible to make, for anyone with access to the right kind of college or industrial lab.)
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well, to sum it up, PWCN dictates what happens to PWI, just like how they'll make fist/claws BM class only. Psshh!! as if that'll hurt anyone, oh wait...
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Well, to sum it up, PWCN dictates what happens to PWI, just like how they'll make fist/claws BM class only. Psshh!! as if that'll hurt anyone, oh wait...

I hope your sentence "as if that will hurt anyone" didn't mean you believe that fists are becoming BM-only weapon.

As that is not going to happen. There was this picture taken from CN and it seems to show that fists and claws will be restricted to all classes except Earthguards.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    I hope your sentence "as if that will hurt anyone" didn't mean you believe that fists are becoming BM-only weapon.

As that is not going to happen. There was this picture taken from CN and it seems to show that fists and claws will be restricted to all classes except Earthguards.
    Yes I did mean what I typed, and my source is that very same picture. Even though I didnt translate it or know any Chinese, why bar the new race only from fist? o_O

Edit: Unless they are barred from all other melee weapons, besides swords, then that's a different story.
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

• Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2010

PWE doesn't have to follow everything PWCN implements. PWE did not reset the map for TW when the Tideborn expansion came out, unlike the other countries. There are no stamps of darkness past FB59.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Yes I did mean what I typed, and my source is that very same picture. Even though I didnt translate it or know any Chinese, why bar the new race only from fist? o_O

Edit: Unless they are barred from all other melee weapons, besides swords, then that's a different story.

I do not understand a word of chinese, but it's not hard to check the class names in chinese and then read which ones are included and which ones aren't...
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    I do not understand a word of chinese, but it's not hard to check the class names in chinese and then read which ones are included and which ones aren't...
    True, but it still bugs me a tad. Just have to wait for frankie's updates. ^^

• GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The big problem I can imagine, with 4aps is that the game becomes very lag sensitive, for a lot of motivated people

But assassins will still have permaspark, even with lag -- they just will not be able to macro it using in-game macros -- they will instead have to use something like a keyboard with a builtin timer on its own macros. (And, no, I do not know where to find them, but they are certainly possible to make, for anyone with access to the right kind of college or industrial lab.)

o.o 5aps lags more than 4aps

u can macro with 4aps O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ok i have read all the comments and i will reply this on my edited first post.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010

the thing tat i was trying to point out is not really about 5 aps. its about 'why does when PW CN changed something in its game... PWI will have to follow?'

Because PWE is like a retailer? They don't actually write the codes for the game but gets file from PW CN, so w/e happens there regarding to game mechanics will happen here.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    not like it will be a direct nerf. probaly gonna be a indirect one. for example; new bosses to get/farm for new high end gear will have some buff to decrease APS by a big percentage or a reflect buff or something. i am willing to bet that is whats going to happen.

and we all know what will happen if thats the case.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If they nerf it, most effective change would be to decrease the chi you gain per hit. Now it's 5 chi per hit, but maybe they will lower it to 4 or 3 to prevent permaspark. They said they'd nerf it without touching the actual aps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
This discussion has been closed.