Unofficial Guide to the Earthguard

Comments

• Twilight_Sky - Heavens Tear
    Twilight_Sky - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the guide. b:victory

Also the Mystic's res buff is great. Perfect for soloing and when in a instance as you can buff the cleric. That'll avoid major exp loss for the cleric and the need of having to go back to the dungeon.

Also doesn't replace the clerics res skill. b:avoid
  • Proclivity - Archosaur
    Proclivity - Archosaur Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    dose anyone know if Seekers weapons are new, using the old ones or a mixture of the two? like i see the one on the videos is diffrent to any ingame, but the weapons said dual swords, blades, so can they use current swords aswell as new ones?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Resistance is futile!
    ♠ Ascii - HL (Deleted b:sad) ♦ Fealty - HL ♣ Proclivity - AR ♥ Evenixus - HT
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It is mixed, they added new blades on top of the old ones. I wouldn't be surprised if the TT blades/swords changed skins or added new skins.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    btw the starter kite will be a hello kitty kite (for males)

I've been using mine for ages already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I see that the seeker in the video is attacking with some giant sword (i assume thats the claymore), and my question is if when you equip any sword on a seeker, does it still look like the claymore? or is he/she holding the sword that is equiped?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
    edited December 2010
    I see that the seeker in the video is attacking with some giant sword (i assume thats the claymore), and my question is if when you equip any sword on a seeker, does it still look like the claymore? or is he/she holding the sword that is equiped?

There's a few pics of seekers with dual swords/blades, I think the claymore in the video is the FB(or whatever they have)19 reward.

Maybe claymores will be introduced as a new weapon type, but seekers will be able to use dual & single swords and blades aswell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MizukiMinoru - Sanctuary
    MizukiMinoru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    PWE has no creativity whatsoever, they can only base characters on already released classes.

Mystics are just a Venomancer copy. They get pets and the same main wood element. Oh look, their pets get to auto-level too.

First my Archer gets replaced by Assassins, and now my Venomancer will be replaced by Mystics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy credits to Forsaken~
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    There's a few pics of seekers with dual swords/blades, I think the claymore in the video is the FB(or whatever they have)19 reward.

Maybe claymores will be introduced as a new weapon type, but seekers will be able to use dual & single swords and blades aswell.
    Thats what i thought too, i though they would get their own weapon (like daggers), that will look cooler as they lv. (imagine rank 9 or warsoul claymores 3x the sixe as the char XD)

Venomancer will be replaced by Mystics.

+1 D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    edited December 2010
    Venomancer will be replaced by Mystics.

+1 D:

And it looks like clerics will have some competition with mystics aswell...

Even though they don't seem to have a stackable heal over time b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    everyone jumps when there is a new class.... hopefully the next 1 wont come out for a good 3 years b:shutup
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The large sword is a new blade skin and also what everyone say as claymore.
    The thin sword is a regular blade bought at the blacksmith.

There's no claymore, only new blade skins. Those "claymores"have the 2 same chinese characters for the blades.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3699/20101202232829.png
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    And it looks like clerics will have some competition with mystics aswell...

Even though they don't seem to have a stackable heal over time b:pleased
    I was talking to my bro (whos a cleric) and we were talking about how the mystic is seemingly invincible, IE: 15 min rez buff with 30 sec cooldown. Kinda OP if u ask me, dont u think?

There's no claymore, only new blade skins. Those "claymores"have the 2 same chinese characters for the blades.

oh, so all the seekers have is the ability to put the sword on their backs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    edited December 2010
    The large sword is a new blade skin and also what everyone say as claymore.
    The thin sword is a regular blade bought at the blacksmith.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3699/20101202232829.png

Ohhh. So when they equip a blade it just gets bigger?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    I was talking to my bro (whos a cleric) and we were talking about how the mystic is seemlly invinsible, IE: 15 min rez buff with 30 sec cooldown. Kinda OP if u ask me, dont u think?

what the hell a res buff? this is an outrage
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    what the hell a res buff? this is an outrage

Cast buff > If you die can automatically rez yourself ... no going to town like a cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    I was talking to my bro (whos a cleric) and we were talking about how the mystic is seemlly invinsible, IE: 15 min rez buff with 30 sec cooldown. Kinda OP if u ask me, dont u think?

Well the 15 min res brings forth a new problem in pvp: a self res.

Not like that's something new, with res scrolls and all, but you can expect quite a few mystics that will get up again after a PK.

So you can kill them again while their charm is on cooldown b:chuckle

P.S. anybody else think the butterflies following the EG are rather annoying?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Cast buff > If you die can automatically rez yourself ... no going to town like a cleric

why doesnt pwi just kill all the old classes takeing their jobs 1 by 1
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    P.S. anybody else think the butterflies following the EG are rather annoying?
    Kinda, now its genies, 89 fairy, and butterflies? ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • MizukiMinoru - Sanctuary
    MizukiMinoru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2010

After Genesis is released, that will happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy credits to Forsaken~
    edited December 2010
    Kinda, now its genies, 89 fairy, and butterflies? ><

And an (all class) pet and a kite b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thread has been updated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Thread has been updated.

Nice, nice. Only one other thing, the link to kite #3 and #4 seems to be the same.

And kite #5 is the starter kite you get from the quest at lv 30 I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Nice, nice. Only one other thing, the link to kite #3 and #4 seems to be the same.

And kite #5 is the starter kite you get from the quest at lv 30 I think.

I'll check on that.

EDIT: fixed that up, thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    fail, forget this reply b:surrender
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Kites are kind of unique. I didnt think of that lol. I'm glad they're not just another set of wings.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Instead of complaining about the res buff and making yourself look like a fool, think of the benefits.

Since the mystic doesn't have a psuedo-ironheart, they will not replace clerics as the main healers.

Res buff means it can be cast on the cleric as well as other party members (no more wasting 50k on a res scroll / making the long trek back to the instance or whining that you're the only one who loses exp in a party wipe)

Also, according to a PWI player who is translating skill descriptions in the stickied thread, the buff, at level 1, costs the mystic 650mp. So it's not likely going to be something they will be willing to give to the whole party at once.

Another thing, is that since it is a buff, I highly doubt they will be able to use it to revive people who are already dead. As in, they have to get to the person and buff them BEFORE they die.

So stop with the nerd rage. They are not going to replace clerics. If anything, they are going to make your lives easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
    edited December 2010
    Instead of complaining about the res buff and making yourself look like a fool, think of the benefits.

Since the mystic doesn't have a psuedo-ironheart, they will not replace clerics as the main healers.

Res buff means it can be cast on the cleric as well as other party members (no more wasting 50k on a res scroll / making the long trek back to the instance or whining that you're the only one who loses exp in a party wipe)

Also, according to a PWI player who is translating skill descriptions in the stickied thread, the buff, at level 1, costs the mystic 650mp. So it's not likely going to be something they will be willing to give to the whole party at once.

Another thing, is that since it is a buff, I highly doubt they will be able to use it to revive people who are already dead. As in, they have to get to the person and buff them BEFORE they die.

So stop with the nerd rage. They are not going to replace clerics. If anything, they are going to make your lives easier.

MP isn't even worth mentioning past 75, but I agree with the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Kites will be a pain in the *** in pvp, if you gotta click... Takes too long to t-screen it up D:
    Hopefully theyll be transparent.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    My thread got buried in a "snow" storm of complaints. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    added new skill "Scam (position 6-5)"

Will update some stats tomorrow :3