New Best Faction

Pathetick - Archosaur
Pathetick - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Etherblade (West)
Narla Impulse Fatalis Elusive all are no more. Narla's kinda still around but that doesn't really count, but i digress. After two weeks I've still got no stinking 6 page rants about the superiority of one faction over all others.

Therefore I have taken it upon myself to inspire the trolls, raging fools, diehard faction members and whatever bloodmystic is, to give me some poetry of anger. Without further ado. Let the Raging begin.

1. Nemesis- Inheriters of the strength from both Narla and Elusive. I've even heard reports that they have some active members.

2. Narla - I know they are dead but they are sure taking their sweet time in getting to the grave. Maybe somebody can help them.

3. Darkside- You don't know the Power of the Darkside. But it has to be somewhere up in the top three.

4. Waiheke- Saw a lot of ex Elusive in there. Lets face facts the name is terrible but the members are pretty decent.

5. PHOENIX- pretty much all thats left of Fatalis Soulslayr Impulse and 15 other factions that nobody can remember. Truth is they're not going anywhere not likely to break up and very slim chances of ever becoming a powerhouse. They should sit right about where they are at for a long time.

6. Immunity- I think Narla was jealous of Immunitys huge... you know "arrow." Anyway Narla spanked them and with Immunity being surrounded by Narla that looks like it might be a weekly event for awhile.

7. Perversia- I see these guys all over the place. Figure they must have some power. Problem is they are a spanish speaking faction on an english speaking server. gotta be tough to compete.

8.Wargods- Still around but very quiet. Its always the queit ones that turn out to be serial killers.

9.Asuras/Impulse- Guess we find out if its possible to raise the dead. The resurgence of these names hasn't seemed to inspire to many loving feelings on the server.

10. Angelous- I don't know if anybody is actually in this faction but they sure do spam WC with recruiting ads.

ok guys I started it off now make me proud.
Post edited by Pathetick - Archosaur on

Comments

• vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think Angelous is a None TW goaled faction.

Pervs has some heart +10 for that.
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    SyGrrr - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hey! You forgot Texas! I know, we're still very small, but our median member level is 100 and we kick *** in the event every Monday. That has to count for something!

Apply at texas.mmoguildsites.com
  • coolstorybreh
    coolstorybreh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i always liked you pathetik
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Immunity gets spanked while darkside and nemesis get wined tws QQ
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i'd say thats about accurate

few edits here and there but meh.
    tbh i think most people are sick of all this by now.
    we just wanna play the game.
  • _Kazamir_ - Archosaur
    _Kazamir_ - Archosaur Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    +1
    b:chuckle
  • Pathetick - Archosaur
    Pathetick - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    its a sad sad day when sensibility and reason prevail in perfect world.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Therefore I have taken it upon myself to inspire the trolls, raging fools, diehard faction members and whatever bloodmystic is . . . .

Me be a wizzy, of course (*some people just don't pay attention, ijs).

As for top faction, since the break up of Narla, there really isn't a "top" faction atm, which is why there are so many land owning factions and so many TW's weekly. Thank you Proski.

My money would be on Nemesis, but they are months away from the kind of TW-killing map dominance the server suffered from for most of the summer.

Honestly, right now I think there are too many mid-powered factions for anyone to pose a threat to Nemesis. At best, our server could support 3 powerful factions. As long as the power of the server is spread out over so many, noone will be able to rival the top dog. Continue to enjoy TW while it lasts, because that is a receipe for boredom come, say March 2011.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • sylvester87
    sylvester87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Narla Impulse Fatalis Elusive all are no more. Narla's kinda still around but that doesn't really count, but i digress. After two weeks I've still got no stinking 6 page rants about the superiority of one faction over all others.

Therefore I have taken it upon myself to inspire the trolls, raging fools, diehard faction members and whatever bloodmystic is, to give me some poetry of anger. Without further ado. Let the Raging begin.

1. Nemesis- Inheriters of the strength from both Narla and Elusive. I've even heard reports that they have some active members.

2. Narla - I know they are dead but they are sure taking their sweet time in getting to the grave. Maybe somebody can help them.

3. Darkside- You don't know the Power of the Darkside. But it has to be somewhere up in the top three.

4. Waiheke- Saw a lot of ex Elusive in there. Lets face facts the name is terrible but the members are pretty decent.

5. PHOENIX- pretty much all thats left of Fatalis Soulslayr Impulse and 15 other factions that nobody can remember. Truth is they're not going anywhere not likely to break up and very slim chances of ever becoming a powerhouse. They should sit right about where they are at for a long time.

6. Immunity- I think Narla was jealous of Immunitys huge... you know "arrow." Anyway Narla spanked them and with Immunity being surrounded by Narla that looks like it might be a weekly event for awhile.

7. Perversia- I see these guys all over the place. Figure they must have some power. Problem is they are a spanish speaking faction on an english speaking server. gotta be tough to compete.

8.Wargods- Still around but very quiet. Its always the queit ones that turn out to be serial killers.

9.Asuras/Impulse- Guess we find out if its possible to raise the dead. The resurgence of these names hasn't seemed to inspire to many loving feelings on the server.

10. Angelous- I don't know if anybody is actually in this faction but they sure do spam WC with recruiting ads.

ok guys I started it off now make me proud.

2 Months Later

1. Nemesis

2. Zulusive - they may have more players that are 100+ but as far as maturity and organization they are lacking. they have lot of "faction hoppers" and if you want a faction to be successful members must have loyalty to the faction before they have loyalty to the leader.

3. PHOENIX

4. Darkside - this faction is going no where to be honest. they keep on losing members and will continue to do so.

5. Immunity - one of the oldest factions and its amazing how they are still around. They finally had the chance to own more than 1 territory when narla disbanded

6. Treason

7. Waiheke - I heard they're disbanding...I expected a lot from from this faction.

8. Bandila - there's nothing much I can say

9. BRFORCE - same with number 8

10. Texas - put them on number 10 coz they own 4 land anyway.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    4. Darkside - this faction is going no where to be honest. they keep on losing members and will continue to do so.

Yup we are going no where, unlike few of the other great names who used to be around once and are not to be seen or heard, we going to stay and survive as we have always done b:victory
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    SyGrrr - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2011

2 Months Later

7. Waiheke - I heard they're disbanding...I expected a lot from from this faction.

8. Bandila - there's nothing much I can say

9. BRFORCE - same with number 8.

YellowLight could solo each of these factions. ijs
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Top 5 now you say... hrm...

/me better try harder b:shocked

and fyi the only free land we got was Lions... no shows on xmas day b:lipcurl
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Necro
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1. zulusive
    2. nemesis
    3. who cares
    4. someone less significant than number 3
    5. disband right now and join either zulusive or nemesis

NEED SOME GOOD FREAKING TWs PEOPLE b:angry
  • sylvester87
    sylvester87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1. zulusive
    2. nemesis
    3. who cares
    4. someone less significant than number 3
    5. disband right now and join either zulusive or nemesis

NEED SOME GOOD FREAKING TWs PEOPLE b:angry

you are promoting boredom dude. More competitive TW factions means more variety so more fun. Most of the servers level 100+ players are now in Zulusive. This is not good. Guys go spread out
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you are promoting boredom dude. More competitive TW factions means more variety so more fun. Most of the servers level 100+ players are now in Zulusive. This is not good. Guys go spread out

zulusive has a lot of inactives whereas nemesis is both active and with more cash shoppers
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Actually, I have noticed that both Zulu and Nem have the highest concentration of lvl 90+.

It will be competitive fun with those two, sure. Boring for everyone else.

I agree, you people need to spread out more. There is no law that is written that states just because you are friends with people, means you have to be in the same faction. I have gaming buds everywhere on this damn server, thats what a FL is for ;)
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Actually, I have noticed that both Zulu and Nem have the highest concentration of lvl 90+.

It will be competitive fun with those two, sure. Boring for everyone else.

I agree, you people need to spread out more. There is no law that is written that states just because you are friends with people, means you have to be in the same faction. I have gaming buds everywhere on this damn server, thats what a FL is for ;)

I rather have TWs where there is 160 somewhat same stage toons in it, sure big cashshoppers make real big impact compared to some others but there is no npc gear fillings in it. I should say I`d want that sort of TW, we dont have enough ppl on server for that sort of TWs, I still prefer what we can get over ~10 high toons/faction, those high lvls fighting each other and 1shotting anybody who get in their way.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ummm whats the point of reaching lvl 100 getting ur end game gear if ur not going to tw against people with similar gear/level. people that are level 100 with end game gear that join low level factions, having low level TWs just want to get their kill up on core connect.

im not saying there should only be 2 really strong factions, but this server does NOT have enough people in it for more than 2 strong factions. if u honestly look at the guilds can u honestly tell me that any faction can compete with zulusive or nemesis, no.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    ummm whats the point of reaching lvl 100 getting ur end game gear if ur not going to tw against people with similar gear/level. people that are level 100 with end game gear that join low level factions, having low level TWs just want to get their kill up on core connect.

im not saying there should only be 2 really strong factions, but this server does NOT have enough people in it for more than 2 strong factions. if u honestly look at the guilds can u honestly tell me that any faction can compete with zulusive or nemesis, no.

perhaps your missing my point.

there can be many factions on this server, if those in Nem and Zulu split evenly into other factions. There can be an even mix of high/middle/lowbies in say....4 or so factions.

That will allow the rest of the server enough time to catch up while those 4 factions duke it out, and everyone gets a good chance :)

And although I am in no way defending Nemesis or are on their 'side' *cough*, I do see quite a few cs'ers themselves in Zulu. ijs.
  • Anthemyra - Archosaur
    Anthemyra - Archosaur Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i agree with Rob now... if we want quality TW's in the future we have to support our server now ...
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    perhaps your missing my point.

there can be many factions on this server, if those in Nem and Zulu split evenly into other factions. There can be an even mix of high/middle/lowbies in say....4 or so factions.

That will allow the rest of the server enough time to catch up while those 4 factions duke it out, and everyone gets a good chance :)

And although I am in no way defending Nemesis or are on their 'side' *cough*, I do see quite a few cs'ers themselves in Zulu. ijs.

seeing things from a different perspective now?

anyway here are my thoughts on the matter, and why I believe it can't happen that way... coming from the guy who wanted that to happen for the longest time, and actually tried to do things in game to see it be realized and not just talked about with hindsight

its inevitable one faction will always assume the position of "best" and use that to their advantage to grow, namely one who offers the most PVE satisfaction for all the up and coming end gamers. elusive/zulusive had/has no intentions of growing past being the best once there'd be no threat of 1 faction rolling everybody, its why we become stagnate. we only exist insofar as the threat does too. that threat ruins, yes ruins what you and everybody else think they want; lots of factions having the potential to enjoy the map instead of people feeling pressured into 1 of 2. It was great when narla split up for that reason, but now that Nemesis is formed (and if they were to break up from losing to zulusive, whatever next byproduct of that) in due time the immunitys, the phoenixes, the texans, waihekians, treason BRforce and what have you would be swept up just because their land is in the way.

to have enough power split up in enough places for the server to protect itself you have to finally break that big guild mentality that people use "friends" as an excuse to stay in. Personally I don't think you need to have the same guild name over your head to enjoy this game as much with 1 of your buds, but too many other people do, and theres your problem.

also, if any of you knew CQ (the first faction to 'reset' a TW map on pwi - lost city), theres a reason that leader's new guild (Essence) won't reset their TW map again if they ever take it over. in theory its great, but the highest quality TW's only happen when you don't apologize for excellence, so people can rise to the challenge. so while narla offered that for elusive 'back in the day,' the tricky thing now about nemesis is while they would go for the map if they could (and can), they don't advertise it the same way so its a lot more 'innocent' and theres just nothing to be inspired about anymore. face it, our server sucks. its either wahh too much drama or, holy **** this is boring not enough drama. people are too afraid to be themselves
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    I agree as well as disagree to the points put forward by proski. Saying that it cant happen is wrong, it can happen. With time there will be more factions coming up there will be more colors on the map as we see now. Am not the guy who believes in a 2 power house faction map. Its the same rather worst if that happens. Back in the day when Darkside did have a few extra faces i wouldn't say it was impossible to win against Nemesis, it was possible cause when we had met 40 vs 40 we did win. But you got to accept namely Darkside & Wahieki both had the potential and ability to grow into good factions, but having the option attacking Nemesis from a different faction A.K.A Zulusive people started to move their, though your not to blame in here ofcourse but you cant deny it happening. May be the people who joined just wanted to win or didn't want to go through the hard work themselves in making a good faction. But yeah at this point of time the server is basically split in 2 Zulusive and Nemesis, which actually does make it boring, and the server is still young as studd said, it will take time for the non CS ppl to get geared and lvld but no1 says they wont reach a point where they can eligible for high end TW. For the time being just lets enjoy the TW's we all have to do here and rest lets see what lies ahead of us for the archo server.b:victory
  • NoLyf - Archosaur
    NoLyf - Archosaur Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1.Zulu

2.Nem

3.Phoenix

4.Immunity

5.Darkside/Treason....

Dont xpect a fun tw because ur in the top 2 facs of server....

The last fun tw i had was elusive v narla... b:angry
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    I agree as well as disagree to the points put forward by proski. Saying that it cant happen is wrong, it can happen. With time there will be more factions coming up there will be more colors on the map as we see now. Am not the guy who believes in a 2 power house faction map. Its the same rather worst if that happens. Back in the day when Darkside did have a few extra faces i wouldn't say it was impossible to win against Nemesis, it was possible cause when we had met 40 vs 40 we did win. But you got to accept namely Darkside & Wahieki both had the potential and ability to grow into good factions, but having the option attacking Nemesis from a different faction A.K.A Zulusive people started to move their, though your not to blame in here ofcourse but you cant deny it happening. May be the people who joined just wanted to win or didn't want to go through the hard work themselves in making a good faction. But yeah at this point of time the server is basically split in 2 Zulusive and Nemesis, which actually does make it boring, and the server is still young as studd said, it will take time for the non CS ppl to get geared and lvld but no1 says they wont reach a point where they can eligible for high end TW. For the time being just lets enjoy the TW's we all have to do here and rest lets see what lies ahead of us for the archo server.b:victory

ganking doesn't work in this era of the game. you can look at older servers like LC who that argument should be more plausible for (server grew, more higher level people in different places) and you'll see it still falls by the wayside

:edit: predictions: January 7th-9th

Zulusive vs. Nemesis ~ Nemesis crystal gets to about 10% ~ Tie
    Darkside(gank) vs. Nemesis ~ Nemesis
    Nemesis vs. Zulusive ~ Neither crystal gets under 50% ~ Tie
    Phoenix (gank) vz. Zulusive ~ Zulusive
  • Zaibeast - Archosaur
    Zaibeast - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Honestly from my point of view, there really isn't a problem in "competitive, fun" tws. Nemesis and Zulusive can go at it against each other and all other factions who are similar in strength (Phoenix, Immunity, Texas, Treason, etc) can have their fun as well. There is really no way for us to split both Nemesis and Zulusive down and spread them all across the other factions. There will always be one or two factions that currently hold the title of being the best in the server. However, as long as the top factions do not interfere with the not-so-strong factions (of course there are times when we have to), those factions itself can have their little "fun" TWs as well. I've had tons of fun on my alt whenever I TWed in other factions. Of course the TWs are not in a large scale as Elusive V Narla was before but regardless I saw it as fun and competitive.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    are u really sure of that proski ? am not though its about how long u can hold grounds cause either ways NO faction on this server can hold a gank even if its 2 attacks for 4 hrs even if its a 80 vs 80 they got to split and they got weaken
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol I remember when Tao was around on HT it was always Tao vs Enrage TW's for the longest time. Then...things got hairy and Tao is no more. Because Tao was pretty much the only faction that stood toe to toe with Enrage, Enrage was able to take over the entire map. TheEmpire and Belial had some fun, and there was a surprise when Rad managed to jump back on the map but aside from the spurts of fame, Enrage pretty much remains in control.

So I dont really know what will happen tbh.

As for my reasons on where I landed after Narla fell I had at the time two options-a place where my friends were or a place were I had few friends but more people I respected. Maybe people will ding me in the future for becoming a TW mercenary and of course I'm only a small voice in the masses. But I think power has been too dispersed between too many people-there are a handful of power players in Immunity, Texas and Phoenix and the highest concentration is in two factions, one of which only rises when there's a threat of a clean sweep faction. (at least this is how I see it-Elusive rose against Narla and now Zulusive rises against Nem)

Also I'd like to note that it does become a bit harmful when the people you once had as friends hardly associate with you because of faction ties or w/ people you associate with. What is this, high school online? TBH alot of Zulu people don't have sticks shoved up their arses-if I had known them in the past but are no longer in the same faction as them, they still contact me more than some of the people I know in Nem. b:surrender
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited January 2011

Also I'd like to note that it does become a bit harmful when the people you once had as friends hardly associate with you because of faction ties or w/ people you associate with. What is this, high school online? TBH alot of Zulu people don't have sticks shoved up their arses-if I had known them in the past but are no longer in the same faction as them, they still contact me more than some of the people I know in Nem. b:surrender

Oh man, TamTam, you hit the head on the nail on that one.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh man, TamTam, you hit the head on the nail on that one.

It`s the same thing, like always. I think we got kinda high amount of trashing from some Narla members for leaving Narla, sure friends were friends but more casual connections seemed to die, random hating, etc. I still remember doing that 1 MQ with kirbie, some Narla member pm`d her during it, till this day I dont know exactly what she was told but she got bit upset over it. Knowing her, she dont get upset that easily and when I couldn`t dig any more than "it wasnt anything nice", I know I got "protected". I can take it pretty badly when she gets insulted and she knew it already back then =p. I still got quite upset over it as the person was one of those more casual connections to me, turned out to be real ****, such a shame.

If you ask Zulusive, do they care if they lose TW as long as it`s competetive? Do they prefer to roll in 10mins or lose but last closer to 3 hours? I myself see TWs just as a fun with nothing more into it, if you got nobody on opposing side it would be one damn boring TW. I actually like TWing against friends, I dont take it as some personal insult for hitting me. That is something I doubt Nemesis really shares, they seem to have most of those "faction loyals" who take squading with zulusive as some crime against the world. I squad with nemesis, not all of them are like that but it`s like narla was, they got most of em, no offence ment.

Ps. Grats for marriage, try to decide what you wear yourself and dont frown upon those "pity wins" when it comes to arguments, lol =p. Kitty was panda before marriage, now he is tiger =/.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o