Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Very positive way of thinking things, but that will lead to more disappointment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hm. I wonder what weapon type BMs will get. I'm betting pole.

They'll prolly have a choice or be extremely random. :P
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I like your sig.
  • thelorax
    thelorax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So aside from the regular diatribe of how fantastically wonderful the new classes are... Has no one out there, other than myself, wondered WHY have the people in PW decided to NOT build out the game???? I mean seriously, a new race and the SAME quests??? No new dungeons? So I get a new class and go through the SAME quests AGAIN??? Nevermind that a seeker = veno, assassin= fist wr (so he's got some skills, but seriously, you could have added that to the human class without creating a new race)....I want NEW QUESTS, not new races! I want to be able to use my lvl 100 Veno for more than just helping in TW, TT and GV/CV... Can't your team of "experts" come up with more FANTASTICALLY WONDERFUL quests 0.o??b:sad
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    I want the campaign type of things, like in HoTK. I don't want to read the quest, I want them to act it out. Maybe there will be new quest like the one in Tideborn since its about the "End of the Perfect World", and the land of destoried, the people need to rebuild the city and all those type of things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Stubbie - Heavens Tear
    Stubbie - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    players who played Cn version, there is no change to the environment in te game wutsoever. There are only new maps added. No sign of destruction. Anyway, my guess is taht wut we see in the trailer is only a make up story to explain where the EG come from : just a story. ^^ PW has us all fooled big time wen we were expecting a new look of the game and/or new TW map. just doesnt happen the way the players wanted bleh
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I hope we get a release day for this add-on tonight. Can't wait..b:pleasedb:cute
  • GalaxysGrace - Archosaur
    GalaxysGrace - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hopefully the PWI exspantion will come out before the Stage 4 Beta of FW. FW ~forsaken world~ has announced their stage 4 will be on the 23rd of Feb. I am antsy to see what the Mystic has to offer. As of right now we only got the Seekers abilities shown to us.
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hopefully the PWI exspantion will come out before the Stage 4 Beta of FW. FW ~forsaken world~ has announced their stage 4 will be on the 23rd of Feb. I am antsy to see what the Mystic has to offer. As of right now we only got the Seekers abilities shown to us.

Tonight they are suppose to show us some stuff for mystic. It's only 2 Wednesdays left in this month I hope they give a release day tonight.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    I think seeker is base on luck...They got a weird buff. It add a speacial effect to their sword and each hit they got 20% to stun. Which is like crit, sometime I can crit 6 times in a row and sometime none. Not really stable. And their def lvl buff...cost 1 mirage stoneb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2011

dont go to FW's beta phase4 except if u like wipes and start over again when OB starts :P
  • adamwindyflower1
    adamwindyflower1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i can't find anything about genesis on the chinese website with it translated too o.o

why do i feel like they're just saying this to excite people and keep them to stay since so many are anticipating FW. i'm sure it wont be here for a while lol, and who knows how good it will be at that if not just how the games always been with just a new marketing ploy to get people to buy more anni packs

the new content will prob get boring as fast as tideborn did

well, I herd that the genesis is coming out in February. Don't believe me? Check the teaser site here and see for yourself!

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/expansion/faq

Peace out! b:victory
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    dont go to FW's beta phase4 except if u like wipes and start over again when OB starts :P

I know this get off topic: Don't need to put much effort into it, but cb help you learn about the class you are going to play so once at ob you can start off fast and know which talent tree you are putting. You won't feel confuse or regret later on.

Her question is what date expansion is. A lot of people guess 28th, which is the last day of Feb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEnTitYx - Harshlands
    XEnTitYx - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I dunno I am still trying to be optimistic but is it just me or is the mystic sounding more and more unappealing... and I'm not talking about PvE Im talking about PvP....

I was thinking that they would be a great PvP class sorta like a Shaman in WoW or even a Warlock in WoW... it actually sounded like a mix between the two...

However with the mp cost and limited damage what can a mystic offer other than sitting in the side line providing support (aka water boy/girl ) while everyone else has fun...
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I dunno I am still trying to be optimistic but is it just me or is the mystic sounding more and more unappealing... and I'm not talking about PvE Im talking about PvP....

I was thinking that they would be a great PvP class sorta like a Shaman in WoW or even a Warlock in WoW... it actually sounded like a mix between the two...

However with the mp cost and limited damage what can a mystic offer other than sitting in the side line providing support (aka water boy/girl ) while everyone else has fun...

bring those 9k mp healing apo pots ..will help some
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    in pvp, MP should never be an issue, regardless of how much a skill costs just use the damn thing and use the lvl 75 pots, there cheap as hell anyway and restore loads, so excluding that, mystics will be somewhat useful in pvp i think, from what i "heard", there pets are apparently based on the magic attack of the user, so the higher the mystics magic is, the more damage the pets will deal (not confirmed yet),

either way we don't know all of there skills yet and what there capable of, people shouldn't be so concerned about what they are and not capable of until we see them first hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I personally think Mystics will surpass the cleric in the arcane armor vs. arcane armor scene.

Find an AA user > Send first summon in > summon smacking > 1st spell (doubles the damage of 5s spell for 12s) > Summon stun (lasts 5s, convenient coincidence, no?) > continue summon smacking > 5s spell (125% + 486 in physical damage at level 1! Level 1 plume shot only does 55% + 37.7) which will do double damage.

You could even spark the 5s spell if you really want to wreck them.

I'm not saying this is the end-all strategy for killing AA, as they could always AD or Expel or what have you, but from the information I have atm, it seems like it would be pretty smexy. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • XEnTitYx - Harshlands
    XEnTitYx - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I personally think Mystics will surpass the cleric in the arcane armor vs. arcane armor scene.

Find an AA user > Send first summon in > summon smacking > 1st spell (doubles the damage of 5s spell for 12s) > Summon stun (lasts 5s, convenient coincidence, no?) > continue summon smacking > 5s spell (125% + 486 in physical damage at level 1! Level 1 plume shot only does 55% + 37.7) which will do double damage.

You could even spark the 5s spell if you really want to wreck them.

I'm not saying this is the end-all strategy for killing AA, as they could always AD or Expel or what have you, but from the information I have atm, it seems like it would be pretty smexy. b:dirty

I thought about that and definitely channeling gear will help there as well.

Everyone worries about the capabilities of their class and I'm not basing my assumptions on what I don't know I'm basing it on the things we do know about mystics so far.

I still have faith in the mystic however I do believe seekers have more of a chance of excelling in PvP.

I think mystics will not be played like veno's in PvP... I think they will sac their pets for temp buffs and force status effects on targets using plants for crowd control..
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Does Bloodpaint work on Seekers?
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Does Bloodpaint work on Seekers?

Seeker is melee class, should be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vratix - Archosaur
    Vratix - Archosaur Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone seen the new mystic skills.......the new aoe healing skill.....it can revive people what?
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone seen the new mystic skills.......the new aoe healing skill.....it can revive people what?

Reread it, they said the mystic can revive, not that the aoe can. o.o
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    AoE revive? That will be lead to a lot of QQ from TW. It has very very low chance that Mystic lvl79+ skills is AoE resurrect. Not impossible though, since they not release lvl 79+ and sage/ demon yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'll lol if they can revive a Veno's pet with the revive skill too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matty71
    matty71 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i keep hearing all this hype about seekers being able to see sins in stealth, i have yet be given proof of this, seeing as the other versions of pwi dont even have this stuff out yet...why is there big rumors about this when other versions dont even have it??
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    It just a wild guess by players because Earthguard got 3rd eye and there was a lvl79+ skill list for Earthguard but no yet to be proof.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoofySmurf - Raging Tide
    GoofySmurf - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You can make the missing skills... but when you make a demon/sage book, there's no guarantee which skill you get.

good question.....
  • Hl/ - Harshlands4
    Hl/ - Harshlands4 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Uh, WHEN are these classes coming out?

February....... *insert date here?*
  • Killswitchh - Raging Tide
    Killswitchh - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    will there be a graphic update for the existing classes eg. new skill animations ( at least ) or are we gona get left behind as pwi moves on :(
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    are we gona get left behind as pwi moves on :(

^this shamefully

also the mystic skill soul absorb on the preview, why is it the GM that put this up, said that it uses a high amount of mana? unless they changed the mp usage from the CN version, it actually uses slightly less then the mystics normal spam skill (such as the venos spam skill is envenom parasite), so if anything, you would want to be using soul absorb when ever the heck you can, more damage + less mp usage, just slow cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
This discussion has been closed.