Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• Bobberto - Harshlands
    Bobberto - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so the most important thing wasnt asked - are the 5aps nerfed?
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Not in this expansion.

According to the china website Q&A on the forum, the dev's are planning to slowly nerf the aps problem that "accidentally" happened over the next few expansions. So maybe in the next 2-3 expansions the APS "problem" will be solved.

Though, personally, I don't see why people ***** about it :/.
    APS may be OP in PvE, but in PvP it ain't worth the mats it takes to make it. :(

Ohwell, 25k hp, 4.0 aps, 7 attk lvl, and 10 def lvl i should be good after I get all my gear and refine it :D
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Is there a seeker exclusive weapon? I saw what looked like a claymore in the videos, but they're wielding it with only one hand. Is that the actual claymore or just a sword?
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No class-exclusive weapons. Instead, seekers are locked to the existing sword/blades, and mystics to the existing magic weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Is there a seeker exclusive weapon? I saw what looked like a claymore in the videos, but they're wielding it with only one hand. Is that the actual claymore or just a sword?

From what i've read seekers can only use; Blade, Sword, dual sword, dual blade, and their own class weapon.

Idc the name of their class weapon but it may be a claymore.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I hope if Mystics are locked to anything that it'd be wands. I hate pantakas..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    They can use any kind of magic weapon except de soulspheres.
    i.e they are locked to Wands, Magic Swords, Patakas and Staves.
  • axell24
    axell24 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think someone asked earlier, the seeker gets 15hp/vit point.

Thats the same as bm's and HA sword/blade bm's aren't exactly the best tanks..b:beatup
    Maybe seekers weren't meant to tank afterall. If im right congrats to barbs you wont be thrown under the bus.b:victory but possibly another person you have to hold aggro from.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    axell24 wrote: »
    Thats the same as bm's and HA sword/blade bm's aren't exactly the best tanks..b:beatup
    Maybe seekers weren't meant to tank afterall. If im right congrats to barbs you wont be thrown under the bus.b:victory but possibly another person you have to hold aggro from.

Doubtful. It seems like they're more geared toward DPH rather than DPS, meaning it shouldn't be too hard to keep aggro off of them.

If I'm right, congrats to you sins. You won't be replaced as the "take aggro and die" class. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what du u think about this vid od mystic. idk but realy where is the difference between veno and mystic. i see mystic have special pets like on this video here. where did they get one? tame or is summon a pet a skill u have to learn. the kills looks like veno like the heal, but one difference that the skills looks better then on old veno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odMcTAGWAMQ

i saw that other vid of mystic and it looks like they use wood based skills too. its just from watching. idont read about it.

my opinion about this class that the only difference is foxform nd their to most usefull skills like amplify and banish. wow thats 2 skills that u use one for pvp mainly and one for pve. i think the newer skills will have more effects like it was on tideborn. so idk. on the vid the pet takes agro exactly like veno. there is no difference. the mystic healed the pet while 2 mobs has attacet him and then the other mob goes to mystic. so my thought about it venos speciality is not the damage based on pet+weapon, but just the thing that veno can change into fox like barb into tiger and change their stats (hp or def)
    foxchange increases def like the buff of bm. so i wanna know where will be difference between veno and myst. will be there now less reason to take veno in a pty?

i love to see the new races coz i wanna know will they fail, will they make veno no more nessasary, or will be a different race.
    some people say ist like psy or mage. i dont think so . look at the vids. its the same gameplay as veno. and what we get are just the basic skills. so i dont know what skills will come at higher lvl.

ps. the venopets looks like **** if i see now 2 different pets of mystic. there is now this demon kind and this maid in the vid. btw on one vid u see there is no differens between land and fly pets coz the pets always fly behind u on a small cloud like goku in dragonball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Test server is down b:cry

In the videos I made I didn't always used all skills I had, especially in the 2nd one. Because the whip girl summon is really squishy I had to keep healing.

As for the use of pets, it seems very similar to venos, but mystics differ with more defensive skills whereas venos are more offensive. Also the trap-summons are pretty unique compared to the old classes, and will be very useful in TT bosses etc.

Pets also swim into water, they do have a swimming animation lol
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so i wonder, aside from herc/nyx, what is keeping venos from going extinct to mystic i wonder? from what i have seen and heard it seems mystics will be better then venos without herc/nyx in every way.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

In the videos I made I didn't always used all skills I had, especially in the 2nd one. Because the whip girl summon is really squishy I had to keep healing.

As for the use of pets, it seems very similar to venos, but mystics differ with more defensive skills whereas venos are more offensive. Also the trap-summons are pretty unique compared to the old classes, and will be very useful in TT bosses etc.

Maybe it was an arcane tank type pet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so i wonder, aside from herc/nyx, what is keeping venos from going extinct to mystic i wonder? from what i have seen and heard it seems mystics will be better then venos without herc/nyx in every way.

Amp, purge, and sage soul degen. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • /
gelus - Raging Tide
    / gelus - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

LOL Thank you soo much for the videos and the info u gave us about the early test u awsome! b:dirty
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It is an arcane pet for sure, although her magic def isn't really higher than the purple demon pet. The whip girl is probably meant to do high magic dps without tanking.

If I didn't heal her she was 3 shotted by the tree mobs. On the video she's still a "lvl1 skill", she might get much better when she's maxed.

Atm I'm lvling the seeker to lvl29 so I can try the skill that might be "blood paint" or similar lol
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It is an arcane pet for sure, although her magic def isn't really higher than the purple demon pet. The whip girl is probably meant to do high magic dps without tanking.

If I didn't heal her she was 3 shotted by the tree mobs. On the video she's still a "lvl1 skill", she might get much better when she's maxed.

Atm I'm lvling the seeker to lvl29 so I can try the skill that might be "blood paint" or similar lol

Hopefully so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options

Longknife brought up yesterday that they seem to have no mastery skills. Any clarification on that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Olivassin's mystic skill descriptions also seem to indicate mystic summons use MP, how does that work out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    their MP raises very slowly, like 1 MP every [edit]4, not that slowly :o, but still[/edit] seconds

you can infuse them more MP by using that skill

And their skills use their MP
    i thought i got banned when they kicked everyone b:laugh [then i translated the error and said something about manteinance]

it's up again :)
  • Elvis_ - Lost City
    Elvis_ - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think seeker should have blood paint, but instead of hp restoration, it restores mp ;)
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    question.... can mystic use veno pet? or is every mystic stuck with the same pet....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elvis_ - Lost City
    Elvis_ - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    its comes when it comes
  • Xareena - Dreamweaver
    Xareena - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    question.... can mystic use veno pet? or is every mystic stuck with the same pet....

Mystics can't use veno pets as far as I can tell. The closest idea they're close to being ripped off from, is Familiars that Wizards have in D&D.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mystics can't use veno pets as far as I can tell. The closest idea they're close to being ripped off from, is Familiars that Wizards have in D&D.

I was sure mystics were supposed to be able to tame all normal mobs for 3 minutes. Did they change it?
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Xareena - Dreamweaver
    Xareena - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I was sure mystics were supposed to be able to tame all normal mobs for 3 minutes. Did they change it?

Taming for 3 mins and taming and keeping any and all pets like a veno is two different things.
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

..the hell?!
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure if this was brought up already, but question...

Will the character slots in your log-in screen be expanded to 10 slots? I'm an alt-aholic and was hoping that more slots will be open XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure if this was brought up already, but question...

Will the character slots in your log-in screen be expanded to 10 slots? I'm an alt-aholic and was hoping that more slots will be open XD

I heard there char stone expansion or system that link 2 or more account into one.
    (linking so account stash can be used together)

But the stone is unknown and the link system seem actually possible to do but so far only PS server has it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Amp, purge, and sage soul degen. b:bye

remember that we dont know all of the skills for mystic nore there demon/sage skills yet. so they very well might have skills that beat veno skills pound for pound.
This discussion has been closed.