I am going to say my piece and be done...

Comments

• lolitrolu
    lolitrolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2010
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Your theory is for what affects the game. The forum is the medium of communication for the players. Making a bad change to the forums is not the same as making a bad patch.

This has been seen on the forums as well. When a good CM left, the same thing happened on a smaller scale. When the forum lay-out changed, the same thing happened. And so far it has been followed with this change as well. The only difference is that it is on the biggest scale so far.
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • nuuukes
    nuuukes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lolitrolu wrote: »

Woooow.

So basically, hazing the mods with nothing but a constant barrage of vitriol makes them leave?

I wonder what it takes to drive off a CM...
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    100% agree to Rose's post. saying the truth, sadly the gm's do not see it.. well what do they see except their ....

people who are doing anything, but agreeing to the new mod's has currently been banned.
    like they dont care..

b:bye
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I feel bad now.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Solution:

Hire a GAME SPECIFIC CM, Mod or admins. Have another pack sale, it'll pay their salary for a year...

The PW board alone is too large for a part time staff of 3 to effectively manage.

I agree... most gaming forums have at least a dozen mods... 2 for general speaking, at least 1 per server, 2 for guild banter, 1 for off topic forum games, 1 for help and trading... You know the list goes on.... Trying to moderate a forum especially one as big pwi requires lots of people... And they must be unbiased. FOr example... Have a player on Archosaur server moderate Harshlands forums or something (thats not a definite just an example) So that way you know they have no stake in politics or dealings with the players... And vise versa... have a harshlands player moderate the archosaur server.

Class discussions... You don't have to be a super high lvl to moderate the discussion but it would be recommended.

I think my point is across
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2010

i didnt mind Konari, we talked in-game and all

we just teased him that's all :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2010

...frankie did WHAT?!

...he has to've been dropping bad acid or something. never even mind Konari, nothing to do with him at all; the kind of move frankie admitted to right there, only a really bad drug trip could POSSIBLY make somebody think that was smart, there's no other explanation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • lolitrolu
    lolitrolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    nuuukes wrote: »
    woooow.

So Basically, Hazing The Mods With Nothing But A Constant Barrage Of Vitriol Makes Them Leave?

I Wonder What It Takes To Drive Off A Cm...

Let Us Find Out
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Why are you putting up excuses and reasoning?

Not even an apology in there. Just...wow... deceiving us has became your favourite past-time, has it not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I liked how my old mmorpg's forum was run. It was the devs themselves who moderated the forum, and they listened to the community. They didn't just sit around thinking about new names for their packs and thinking up new lies to tell the community. If any suggestion was brought up, it was always taken into consideration. There was no rage or hatred. The player base was incredibly happy. Kinda like the exact opposite from here.
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I liked how my old mmorpg's forum was run. It was the devs themselves who moderated the forum, and they listened to the community. They didn't just sit around thinking about new names for their packs and thinking up new lies to tell the community. If any suggestion was brought up, it was always taken into consideration. There was no rage or hatred. The player base was incredibly happy. Kinda like the exact opposite from here.

The problem is that PWE rents PW from china, so the devs are over there doing whatever they want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I agree... most gaming forums have at least a dozen mods... 2 for general speaking, at least 1 per server, 2 for guild banter, 1 for off topic forum games, 1 for help and trading... You know the list goes on.... Trying to moderate a forum especially one as big pwi requires lots of people... And they must be unbiased. FOr example... Have a player on Archosaur server moderate Harshlands forums or something (thats not a definite just an example) So that way you know they have no stake in politics or dealings with the players... And vise versa... have a harshlands player moderate the archosaur server.

Class discussions... You don't have to be a super high lvl to moderate the discussion but it would be recommended.

I think my point is across

100% agree with most...

PW/JD/FW/etc..should have 2-3 mod's JUST for those forums. The forums I admin, I would NEVER allow just 2-3 to cross-over. It is too over-welming, mistakes happen and my mod's never would learn the ppl to whom they are "policing."

Also, I choose people who are known and respected and consistent. Additionally, I have allowed votes for new Mod's, should the need arise and the community wants/needs/asks.

Simple forum etiquette imo...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Lol we respected Aryannamage? I must have missed that.
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This community was let down a lotttttt within 24hrsb:sad its gonna be a ***** to get our trust back
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lol we respected Aryannamage? I must have missed that.

I must have missed that meeting too.

Another thing I find funny is a lot of people are saying they're going to FW when it opens, like they honestly believe that it'll be any better than how PWI is now.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Step up and LISTEN to the community!!
    I know Iamma be killed for this but -

Why would they do that really?

PWE isn't as stupid as you all make them out to be. They're the ones making money off it, and they'll do what they want. Regardless of what the people on the forums here complain about they have a lot more people that don't look here on the forums that are happily playing the game just the way it is. And I bet most of the people that post hatred about recent changes play the game just fine.

I mean, just look. People that don't even play the game anymore still check in the forums. That tells you that they are doing something to keep people here even though they keep crying and shouting about it. You would think that if you are really angered by it, you wouldn't try and help them by telling them whats wrong.

It seems kinda funny that you all think this is actually your game when its not. I mean sure, I would love if they would take all our opinions and such and make them happen but to moan and cry about "lack of care" seems kind of funny when all in all its a previlege not something you're entitled to. They have no one to apologize to for changing their product to their want.

I'm not sure I wrote that all down the way I want but ehh.. I guess its a matter of opinion.
  • Ouka - Heavens Tear
    Ouka - Heavens Tear Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    inb4itgetschaotic
    ouka - 101 HA veno - " Squeek, I'm A Fox!"

ouka__ - 103 vit barb- "Nom Nom I'm A Panda!"

People need to learn how to control their stupid
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I know Iamma be killed for this but -

Why would they do that really?

PWE isn't as stupid as you all make them out to be. They're the ones making money off it, and they'll do what they want. Regardless of what the people on the forums here complain about they have a lot more people that don't look here on the forums that are happily playing the game just the way it is. And I bet most of the people that post hatred about recent changes play the game just fine.

I mean, just look. People that don't even play the game anymore still check in the forums. That tells you that they are doing something to keep people here even though they keep crying and shouting about it. You would think that if you are really angered by it, you wouldn't try and help them by telling them whats wrong.

It seems kinda funny that you all think this is actually your game when its not. I mean sure, I would love if they would take all our opinions and such and make them happen but to moan and cry about "lack of care" seems kind of funny when all in all its a previlege not something you're entitled to. They have no one to apologize to for changing their product to their want.

I'm not sure I wrote that all down the way I want but ehh.. I guess its a matter of opinion.

I think most ppl just want the GMs, mods and such to ragequit these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for your words Rose, your post does make a difference regardless of what reception it may get from PWI. To be honest i had given up hope of the game changing it's course (quite some time ago) and had reconciled myself to this situation so much it may almost seem that i don't care. But the truth is having been forced to pay some attention to the state of the forums i hadn't realized how hostile an enviroment they had become, and how much of it was due to defficient management.

I don't think the game is dead yet but moments such as this one do make you feel like you're on a sinking ship. And as much as i would love forums not to have a cutthroat enviroment, it does seem things can only continue to go down.

However all things are to be enjoyed while they last, and i do thank you for the good work you've done for this comunity.
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    People that play MMO's interact with their community and gain lasting friendships and interests. That does not mean there is a basis besides that which draws them back onto the forums as the forums are not exactly what I would consider to be a cash flowing zone.

Many of the players that say things such as "I'm bailing to FW asap once released." simply need room to vent generally of they fill the void in satisfaction by attempting to lash out for attention. In other cases players that are unhappy with the developments will also move games, not because they desire attention but because they realize that things are more likely to change on a newer game. Let's face it, new projects get attention from the developers in a prioritized way. It does not mean that they lack care for this game, but that it is going to take a back seat to being given what is greatly needed.

Market in the gaming world has always been about keeping ahead of the rest or finding a unique grounding to gain a larger player base. Older games become a fall back for a company for reliability and funding in order to have some basis to step ahead.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Psychosiss - Heavens Tear
    Psychosiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    /facepalm

you guys are doing this all in vain u know that right? even if the GMs feel the EXACT same way that you do they can do anything about it. its the devs that in control of the flow of the game. the GMs have no control on how the game works or changes.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The sad truth is that we're all replaceable. As of now, there are hundreds of players online, playing the game and not have a clue/care about the state of the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The sad truth is that we're all replaceable. As of now, there are hundreds of players online, playing the game and not have a clue/care about the state of the forum.

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING He hit it straight on b:victoryb:laugh
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010

wtf.....brb getting on World Chat. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited September 2010

copycat b:laugh
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ^ This. I wonder what % of the people playing the game are on the forums (regularly, not for help and such.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    In the edo period, if you had an issue with someone you cut his fingers off and slept with his wife.

In the business era logic is fought with logic, reason with reason, the world you see before you is an enormous bureaucracy with rules and loop holes. In order to take a stand you have to make a process, there is no one liner that saves the day anymore.

For today's enemy you cannot simply expect to see immediate changes, everything is done in due time over the course of many events. Making attempts to get under someones skin so to speak results in a ban, this is a game of chess and you are a pawn get ready to be shuffled around if you can't take a stand with a motive and direction.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    copycat b:laugh

I processed your post with my large paws and pea-sized brain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    In the edo period, if you had an issue with someone you cut his fingers off and slept with his wife.

In the business era logic is fought with logic, reason with reason, the world you see before you is an enormous bureaucracy with rules and loop holes. In order to take a stand you have to make a process, there is no one liner that saves the day anymore.

For today's enemy you cannot simply expect to see immediate changes, everything is done in due time over the course of many events. Making attempts to get under someones skin so to speak results in a ban, this is a game of chess and you are a pawn get ready to be shuffled around if you can't take a stand with a motive and direction.

^This ^This ^This ^This ^This ^This ^This ^This ^This ^This ^This ^This ^This ^This
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown