TW Report

NPCnews - Raging Tide
NPCnews - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Introduction: Since Noob quit the game a lot of people have been talking about how they miss his TW report. Seeing that no1 want to step up and take over the job on the weekly basis, I decided to do my best at giving back life to this practice once more. While I'm aware that no1 can match Noob's "journalist" skill, I hope that being a member of the only neutral faction currently on the map, and having alts in most big factions should help me do a decent job at reporting battle field action on the greatest PWI server. :D

TERRITORY WARS

Territory War Weekend of 09/03/2010-09/05/2010

NEW: Bidding predictions - new feature since the latest update changes:

QQme attacks 1k held by Leviathan
Leviathan retaliates by attacking Archosaur held by QQme
Poseidon attacks Forest of Haze held by RedDragon
RedDragon attacks Sanctuary held by Murr
Murr ganks Leviathan on Fragrant Hills
War attacks S. Higland held by Varden
Varden attacks Grasslands held by NPC
NPC retaliates by attacking Silk Ridge held by Varden

note: you'll notice different terminology used for different wars:
attacks- faction has a clear idea where they are going to attack before bidding starts.
retaliates- attack from a given faction results in counterattack.
gank- faction attacks only after realizing there is a multiple attacks on a target faction.

Offense
Defense

Friday (09/03/2010)

ArtOfWar attacks Grasslands held by NPC - 8:00 PM EST
Leviathan attacks Shining Tide held by
QQme - 8:03 PM EST
Vertu attacks Sanctuary Sanctuary held by Murr - 8:06 PM EST

Saturday (09/04/2010)

Latinos attacks S. Higland held by Varden - 8:00 PM EST
RedCross attacks Deserted Sea held by Varden - 8:03 PM EST
NPC attacks Silk Ridge held by Varden
- 8:06 PM EST
QQme attacks 1k held by Leviathan - 8:09 PM EST
Murr attacks Fragrant Hills held by Leviathan - 8:12 PM EST
Wanted attacks Forest of Haze held by RedDragon - 8:15 PM EST

Sunday (09/05/2010)
none

Guilds/Factions on the map not participating in TW this week

-Poseidon

NPCnews random thoughts on this weeks turn out

-Temperature on the TW map rising opposite to the public belief that new updates are killing TW interest. Rather high number of factions bidding. Some old factions coming back to the TW scenario after a long brake. This week will be interesting.

NPCnews predictions

Friday (09/03/2010)

-ArtOfWar attempts to take a rather interesting peace of land bordering with three factions. However this attempt might end before it starts as NPC has level and numbers over ArtOfWar - B lane rush, 10 min max.
-win NPC 10min.

-Surprising change of tactics by Leviathan by giving up a catapult number superiority offered by assault on a city (Archosaur). QQme replenished their lines by new members including some Murr and NPC people and got back some former members rejoining them. Leviathan replenished their lines with new members as well and some of former QQme members - in any case, clash of the titans, round one - QQme might actually defend this one.
-flip a coin, i smell an epic battle.

Murr did lose some people but have proven them selves as a rather resourceful force even with limited amount of players. Vertu might find them selves in a long costly tower to tower war. Murr defends for 3h
-win Murr 3h.

Saturday (09/04/2010)

-Outcome of this war clearly depends on what Varden decides to do. Latinos replenished their lines with some experienced TW veterans after the new patches came out and thees players saw no need to be members of a big faction since there was no more TW pay.
-win Latinos/Varden depending on Varden strategy form 10min to 3h.

-Outcome of this war clearly depends on what Varden decides to do. RedCross did attempt to take down QQme in a 3 way attack couple of times before. Its to be seen what they are capable of.
-win Varden depending on Varden strategy form 10min to 1h.

NPC attacks Silk Ridge held by Varden - 8:06 PM EST
Varden here managed to take NPC's focus form their main goal of attacking big factions and forced them to retaliate for this week biding on them. However, after unnecessary outbidding of NPC last week it seams Varden was not able to outbid ArtOfWar this week. Development of this war depends on Varden defensive strategy. Numbers might be similar but NPC has the level advantage.
-win NPC depending on Varden strategy form 10min to 1h.

clash of the titans, round two - QQme is in obvious tactical advantage here with superior catas and enough barbs to effectively pull them. However, Leviathan has proven in the past to be rather impenetrable force in defense. Slight advantage goes to Leviathan here - if the war gets dragged to long, Levi might take a 3h defense victory.
-flip a coin people. Its an epic battle!

Hopefully Leviathan has learner from their mistakes in the past and will not underestimate Murr again. Murr chances of wining look slim, but their efforts here might have a deep impact on the 1k battle.
-wins Levi in less then 30min.

Unfortunately wanted will find out the hard way why RedDragon is still on the map.
-wins RedDragon in less then 30min.

Sunday (09/05/2010)
none

TW Results!

Friday (09/03/2010)

-Murr rushes down the B lane with a limited force of 30. Vertu is unable to stop them with around 40 players. Murr wins in 5 minutes.

NPCnews: what kind of strategy did you use? i guess rushing down the B lane?
_PelikaN_: russian strategy ))) go see kill win :D

gz Murr :)

-Large scale fighting all over the map. Both factions have pushed back and forward. QQme wins in 1h 15min

no leader available for interview right after the TW :(

gz QQme :)

-NPC scouts rush down the lanes and reports back limited amount of AoW ppl in the war. AoW builds all defensive towers tho O_o
Realizing there is no immediate threat, NPC disbands high lvl squads and runs a training exercise session giving a fun and interesting TW to both AoW and lower lvl NPC members.
NPC wins in 1h 30min.

NPCnews: what kind of strategy did you use?
Zree: pure fun one... :D

gz NPC :)

Saturday (09/04/2010)

-Varden sends limited amount of their people to this war. Latinos come with a wordy force of TW veterans and overwhelms Varden. Latinos pushes to the Varden base and takes down the crystal in 10min.
Latinos wins in 10min.

gz Latinos :)

-Varden sends limited amount of their people to this war. Redcross has a rather poor amount of people showing up for tw. They start of by building towers and organizing in their base when Varden reaches their walls. Varden storms Redcross base and takes down the crystal in 10min.
Varden wins in 10min.

NPCnews: What happened in your war?
Redcross: We had poor attendance - gonna clean house now...

gz Varden :)

NPC attacks Silk Ridge held by Varden
- 8:06 PM EST

-NPC shows up with considerable force, missing only few of their high lvl people. Varden send large chunk of their force and most of their high lvl people to this war. NPC rushes down the B lane with scouts on A and C. Two factions clash on B but Varden is pushed back. NPC takes its time and clusters on enemy B lane binding post. Reinforced by tropes from Redcross war, Varden attempt another push on B but are pushed back again as NPC storms Varden base.
Varden tries going on the side lane with one cata squad but are engaged by defenders at the gate as Varden crystals is destroyed.
NPC wins in 15min.

gz NPC :)

-Real deal hard core TW here. >:D Leviathan missing their full 80 for this war. At the start the sacrifice some people to the Murr war, but it seams they got their priority straight this week - protect 1k at all costs. QQme has full 80 but missing some of their elite hard hitters. Levi goes full defense with occasional side lane attacks on QQme base with little damage to enemy base. However this helps them alleviate QQme pressure from their base.
QQme attacks relentlessly but Leviathan manages to hold their ground in an epic 3h war.
Leviathan wins in 3h.

NPCnews: How would you descried your war against Leviathan thees week?
dancing_eyes: u win some, u lose some, at least the server is interesting.

gz Leviathan :)

-Leviathan sends rather limited amount of tropes to this war. Murr rushes to there base and takes down the enemy crystal in singe push. Murr proves once more they can put up a good fight.
-Murr wins in 15min

NPCnews: How did your war go?
_PelikaN_: Low amount of enemy.. we had no problem.

gz Murr :)

-RedDragon again proves to be a worthy opponent. Both factions attack each other back and forward but RedDragon take the victory.
RedDragon wins in 1h.

gz RedDragon

Sunday (09/05/2010)
none

LAND COUNT - prior TW

QQme- 18 (Archosaur, Plume City)
Leviathan- 13 (1k, The Lost, Etherblade)
Poseidon- 6 (D. Port, RT)
Varden- 5
NPC-3
RedDragon-1
Murr-1

LAND COUNT - after TW
QQme- 18 (Archosaur, Plume City)
Leviathan- 12 (1k, The Lost, Etherblade)
Poseidon- 6 (D. Port, RT)
NPC-4
Varden- 3
Murr-2
RedDragon-1
Latinos-1

This thread was not made to flame or insult anyone in the PWI community. If you have any problems please leave me a message and I will do my best to change anything offensive on this thread.
Sorry if the colours may not match the ones in game if you have any suggestions on what colours may be better suited pm me once again.
If any officers of TWing guilds wish to pm me afterwards for information on TW results please do so :D
Post edited by NPCnews - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Yay! 3 TWs this weekend...if it's true.
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Oh hey! You're that NPC person from WC....
    Never thought you'd be a girl too but that makes it neater!
    Thanks for the TW report
    Better to have one than not.
    Ignore those QQers that complain yours is wrong compared to [Enter a name here]'s
    Once again thank you
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
    edited September 2010
    Poseidon is taking over!

Run to the hills!
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Introduction:

Noob's predictions

Friday (09/03/2010)

- attacks - held by - - 8:00 PM EST
    - attacks - held by - - 8:03 PM EST
    - attacks - held by - - 8:06 PM EST
    - attacks - held by - - 8:09 PM EST

Change that to npc and you are set to go :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Lol just noticed that epic fail.
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    Tainaker - Harshlands Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    TW is dead

get out
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    TW is dead

get out

GTFO back to your dead server b:angry
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    I heard Harshlands are more dead than TW.
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    I heard Harshlands are more dead than TW.

wrong hon ;D

GTFO back to your dead server

lawl nothing is more dead than pve servers...lets see...u can do tw which sux now...and...mm...yeah thats about it.
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Change that to npc and you are set to go :D

TY, I hope u don't mind me using u're template... its really good; why change the "wining horse" :D

Hope I can do a good job as you did :)

b:thanks b:thanks b:thanks
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Oh hey! You're that NPC person from WC....
    Never thought you'd be a girl too but that makes it neater!
    Thanks for the TW report
    Better to have one than not.
    Ignore those QQers that complain yours is wrong compared to [Enter a name here]'s
    Once again thank you

ty Hope... I'll do my best b:cute
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    wrong hon ;D

lawl nothing is more dead than pve servers...lets see...u can do tw which sux now...and...mm...yeah thats about it.

We appreciate your remark. You are free to go back to your super-duper-mega-ultra-fun Harshlands server and leave us to our uneventful-NOT, boring-NOT, apathetic-NOT server and our multicolor TW map with 10+ TW every week.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    TY, I hope u don't mind me using u're template... its really good; why change the "wining horse" :D

Hope I can do a good job as you did :)

b:thanks b:thanks b:thanks

A drunk horse doesn't race very well.
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010

Yay! 3 TWs this weekend...if it's true.

thees are just predictions... not an exact science you know b:surrender
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    A drunk horse doesn't race very well.

b:chuckle hey NR

any chance you might be thinking of restarting infamy? sure would be nice to see that waring spirit back on the map... b:sin
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    We appreciate your remark. You are free to go back to your super-duper-mega-ultra-fun Harshlands server and leave us to our uneventful-NOT, boring-NOT, apathetic-NOT server and our multicolor TW map with 10+ TW every week.

lawl im not planing coming back...i just like RT forums, now u can keep doing the zomgTWfckingsuxbuthereisnothingelsewecandointhisfckingpveserver report xD
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lemme do the Harshlands TW report without even playing on HL.

Zulu attacks Kylin

Kylin attacks Zulu

Damn that was hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Lemme do the Harshlands TW report without even playing on HL.

Zulu attacks Kylin

Kylin attacks Zulu

Damn that was hard

i didnt say that tw over there is better tho, btw how does it feel to pvp with the same ppl over and over and over and over again? till a cs shows up and *** e1 up? i guess u can always just wait 5 days a week to have a few hours of "fun" on weekends, ill be here having fun everytime i log on.

the pve aspect of this game is just boring and dead.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Right, because having a +10 weapon as a requirement for PvP as lost city does must be amazingly fun.

But of course, that's a moot point because we all know PvP servers don't really have any PvP going on:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=704642

At least our server has interesting TWs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited September 2010
    RPK isn't my idea of fun. WC drama and active TW sounds so much better b:victory
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    thats why im not in LC and idk why u find it weird is the oldest server...RR even farm her/his R8 lot of ppl had years to get their gears to +10

idk i find a lot of pk in HL mostly cuz i have being playing in pve servers for like a year now and at least u dont need to go to sp/ot/silver pool to find some "pk" which again consist in the same few ppl + the fact u can actually pk ppl around ur lvl (no matter the lvl u r) w/o OP gear/weapons thats pretty fun for me ijs.
    edited September 2010
    But I'm a carebear though b:surrender
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Oh that is complete BS, take it from someone that has been playing Lost city for a year and a half, the "pk" is dead. If you ever get the chance to even attempt to PK around your level, someone level 90+ will show up and kill everyone, not that you will get the chance, as soon as everyone hits level 40 they go into BH and are never seen again other than standing in the center of arch looking for a bounty hunter squad.

I've been white named easily half the time I've been on this server, and I garuntee I've had plenty of PvP experience.

Also:

Pvp: Kill 4

Either you're posting on an alt, which is pathetic, or you're one of those 4x that thinks they know everything (Yulk) cause they've been playing for all of 2 weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    was white since lvl 30 in RT when i rerolled and i used to get pked by anyone and had fun but after a few months got pretty boring lol the last 3-4 times i saw ya...u were blue named why tho?...and yes the pk in this server WAS fun...hell it was even fun till luci and veri showed up. but that sir is a routine. like i said same ppl, same places over and over and over again till *insert a cs name* showed up.

yup just 4 kills so far i wanted my new weapon, gotta say i have being pked a lot and i luv it just the fac that u can pk anyone and anyone can pk u is fun...thats the only thing left in this game that is actually fun and a good reason to lvl up and gear up, cuz devs+cs already killed a while a go.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Again, you have no clue, a couple 90+ killed you while you were killing deer at silver pool and you're alll "MANG THIS IS GREAT", at 40 until 100 everyone is going to be in an instance and there will be no real PvP waiting for you, either you killing lower levels or higher levels killing you. And when you get to 100+ then you're going to need full event gear and a highly refined weapon to even stand a chance.

As for me being blue named I went blue during nein quest as well as before to finish farming my 9x gears. Dont worry I'm white now though, and the only time I switch is during the celestial tiger event.

You can't sit there and brag about the "epic PvP" with all of 4 kills. I had 100+ on THIS server before I even hit 40.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    when this server started it was pretty easy to find pvp cuz e1 was white -_-...not the case anymore, and yeah i do know a lot of ppl just do instance however thats not the case when u r pre 70...cuz u cant gamma and u r to low for FC so yeah ppl do quests = open pk, and maybe isnt epic but i can tell you something is 10x better than RT pk or any other pve pk action.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Bull, then they're doing BH, I've gotten to 70 on my alt without doing any quests other than tideborn quests and culti.

When you get to 100+ then you can talk about the "epic pvp" on your server, until then I'll take my interesting TWs over your "lets sit in safe zone until we have twice their numbers/more epic cash shoppers" anyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Bull, then they're doing BH, I've gotten to 70 on my alt without doing any quests other than tideborn quests and culti.

When you get to 100+ then you can talk about the "epic pvp" on your server, until then I'll take my interesting TWs over your "lets sit in safe zone until we have twice their numbers/more epic cash shoppers" anyday.

true some ppl does that...the ones that r making an alt...i can give u that, but again there a lot of lowbies lvling doing quests etc..."i didnt say epic" but better than the pk going on in pve servers, meh prob. just a matter of opinion ill take my low lvl pk over your "lets sit in sz till *cs name here* log off" or "lets have actaully fun in this game a few hours per weekend while get bored as *** the rest of the week" anyday.

anyways im done.
    keep having fun

twisdeadkekekeke
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    TW is dead? We have 6+ factions on the map, 4 of which able to make a large difference in the outcome of TWs, TW fights easily last at least an hour usually. Don't be jealous because we have real TWs and you have 2 level 40s fighting each other in silver pool, without charms, or half their skills.

You're just the next Yulk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Gawd you guys take it to PMs.

And I'm going to tell you one thing since you're on my home server Pew_Pew,
    PK in Harshlands is dead unless you're 9-10x now.
    Sure you might get a kill count here or there,
    But the higher levels will always kill you.

Don't act all high and mighty now since you're in a PvP server.
    The only difference?
    More QQ, everyone is white name, etc.
    Otherwise, its the same.

Why does everyone think they're "pro" when they join a PvP server?
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011