An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Options

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've been compiling data regarding the TW system for the past ~2 months since the changes were made, and you guys are right, there are significantly fewer wars per week than there used to be. We understand the importance of TW as the most enjoyable end-game activity, and this concern is something that we are bringing up with the devs.

I'm un-stickying this thread so that we can revert to the system of forum stickies being used solely for announcements.
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    we getting our TW pay back?

and when will those godawful packs be removed?
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This sadly is common to most games .

1000's play a game and give feed back . That feed back is largly ignored by the devs who think they know best . The people who play the game are in effect ongoing testers. They know what is required to improve the game but they get ignored.

One day a truly impresive game will be made and kept impresive because the devs will work with the comunity and not against it aslong as its within the games mechanics.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've been compiling data regarding the TW system for the past ~2 months since the changes were made, and you guys are right, there are significantly fewer wars per week than there used to be. We understand the importance of TW as the most enjoyable end-game activity, and this concern is something that we are bringing up with the devs.

I'm un-stickying this thread so that we can revert to the system of forum stickies being used solely for announcements.

Took you 2 months? b:shocked
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Took you 2 months? b:shocked

lol..
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Great. So what's happening to the sales?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The problem is, if something works on the chinese servers, it's brought here and assumed to work, even if it doesnt.

The TW changes actually work on the chinese servers, possibly because rank 9 is actually obtainable there.

In fact, from what I've heard TW there was changed to the minimum bid must be 10mil, because people were still going to great lengths and abusing the system to get ahead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The problem is, if something works on the chinese servers, it's brought here and assumed to work, even if it doesnt.

The TW changes actually work on the chinese servers, possibly because rank 9 is actually obtainable there.

In fact, from what I've heard TW there was changed to the minimum bid must be 10mil, because people were still going to great lengths and abusing the system to get ahead.

If that is true, I find it funny that it didn't come here yet. It seems that some minor things like that never come here (along with hypers being unusable in FCC) but big things do. How big change something has to be before it must be implemented?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Il bump it everyday then. Stupid to unsticky something important. IF you want to do announcements, do them in the announcments thread, which I will point out hasnt actually been announced in in like... Ever.

Also lol at "Community Manager" title. Thats so wrong its obscene.
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

b:shocked

Did....a PW GM just admit a mistake...? b:faint

Now lets just hope this isnt the last we hear and something is done.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Herp... Derp... We told you this before it was even implemented.

Fail harder.

PWE staff is so stupid it's insulting.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ragenight wrote: »

Fail harder.

To be fair, in my experience, managers don't tend to make significant decisions based on anecdotal / limited evidence alone.

Although early signs were so, for frankieraye to justify any case for reversion to the previous format or some other change, he would need to present a quantifiable case to his superiors.

Simply printing off pages of this thread and the one before it would not be sufficient to convince the develepers to change it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver
    SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ragenight wrote: »

Fail harder.

That'd be too easy of a solution. They need to analyze the data gathered and come up with a solution. Expect a solution sometime in Q1 2011 (or after FW has been released and all the FW bugs have been resolved).
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh look another old thread that I used to care about and believe some positive change might happen because of it. Silly me b:angry
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bump....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why is this thread unstickyed were still upset about it and still wanna talk about it please put it back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why is this thread unstickyed were still upset about it and still wanna talk about it please put it back

Thought the same.

Why in gods name isn't there a change or a compromise possible? Players don't mention without reason the "nails in the coffin" of the game. There is very much frustration recently and players reasonably state that they feel that they aren't heard. At least change back the TW rules.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well, with 2 months, he managed to get 48 individual cases of tw data. though... probably after about 2 weeks should have been obvious and statiscally safe already, 48 cases is pretty good i guess...
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

it was unstickyed cause they want it buried an gone pure an simple. Just like they did with all the other user feedback threads.
    edited October 2010
    Options

Speaking of ... don't u have a separate forum just for announcements that's never used? Why dose something about that explanation sound a lil too fishy to me an everyone else on here?
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it was unstickyed cause they want it buried an gone pure an simple. Just like they did with all the other user feedback threads.

If they wanted to do that they wouldve locked the threads and said something like "We have gather all opinnions ty very much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If they wanted to do that they wouldve locked the threads and said something like "We have gather all opinnions ty very much.

That would be too obvious. They'd rather just ignore the problem until it goes away.
    edited October 2010
    Options

Thats true but this forum seems to be run directly opposite of other gaming forums. Such as not locking maint announcement posts. Allowing them to be filled with spam and burying any actually information posted after the initial start of thread. Its the little things like this that encourage spam in other topics through out the forum.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My personal belief is that they unstickied it for just the reason Frankie said - they were going to return to using stickies in the Gen Disc JUST for announcements.

Before, that's what they did. But when things started getting ugly, and people started making thread after thread about the same thing (ie, TT changes), they decided to lump them all together into one big thread at the top that hopefully everyone would see, and stop making new ones.

I think what people mistook then, was that just because a GM/mod MADE the thread to both clean things up a bit and listen to our opinions, that didn't mean they could actually DO anything with our opinions. They can gather up all our opinions and push them at the devs, but if the devs don't care (which we already know they DON'T), then nothing will be done, and we will be ignored. Which, we should have known all the time.

Instead, since it was the GMs/mods who made the thread, people assumed our opinions were being given, but ignored by the GMs.

The GMs are not in control of the game. They are here to tell us what's going on, to the best of their abilities. That's also mostly what the forums are for - that, and to be used as a helpful resource (ie, skill help, bug issues, etc). The discussions that were stickied were never intended to be used to think of better changes for the game - only to help clean up the forums so people weren't continuously posting the same threads.

In the end, I think the endless bumping isn't going to do any good. The GMs have no control in whether the TT gets better, or the TW goes back to being a fun piece of the game.

@Minx - I think leaving the maint threads open goes along with what I posted above - people would post about the maint anyway, why not leave the announcement open so that people won't be making several threads? Either that, or they'd have to constantly lock and move the threads, and that would not only take up more time, but would probably (as evidenced by the people as of late) anger some.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver
    SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Speaking of ... don't u have a separate forum just for announcements that's never used? Why dose something about that explanation sound a lil too fishy to me an everyone else on here?

Haha..this -> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    Did you know:
    1. there's only ONE thread under official announcement? b:chuckle
    2. That one thread is the "Active Forum Moderator List!". It is empty and was "Last edited by Aryannamage; 06-22-2010 at 09:35 PM." b:chuckle

Fail some more please...b:bye

Anyway, why do we need to have a sticky in General DISCUSSION when there's no point in discussing if it's going to get unstickied and locked/lower depth'ed? b:laugh
  • dragnone
    dragnone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

They are allowed to sell gold there for actual money. If I could trade in-game coin for U.S. Dollars or a pre-paid Visa card or something, my motivation for getting ahead would be much greater than it is in the international version of the game.

I'm glad to hear Frankie and others are bringing the concerns about TW up with the devs. Ideally, I would like to see PW development branched; one development team for PW-CN and PW-MY, and another development team dedicated only to PW-INT. I think this would solve a lot of the problems we've been facing since the regulations governing PW-INT are so different than those of the other versions of the game.

P.S. - I am a professional software engineer, I would love to work as a dev on this game! I'd quit my current job today for the opportunity... b:chuckle
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

This. Also, bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

My question for you frankieraye, is why didn't you know this would be the outcome long before even implementing the changes?
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dragnone wrote: »
    P.S. - I am a professional software engineer, I would love to work as a dev on this game! I'd quit my current job today for the opportunity... b:chuckle

Its a very, very, very lonely office....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Vavavavooom!

Up to the top, yo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.