An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Options

Comments

• Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why not just limit the number of territorys a faction can hold?

Because tw is supposed to be competitive. This is my theory.

I.e. This also wouldn't work because each faction would have to be able to hold an equal number of territories. Let me see if i can explain...

Currently there are 5 factions that hold territories on Sanctuary server, but there are 47 territories. That means you would have to take out 2 territories or and in 3, for each faction to have an equal limit. (meaning 9-10 would be the limit on territories) But, when each faction achieves that goal, that means they can no longer take the opposing faction's land, nor can the opposing faction take theirs. Only faction's without territories would be able to make an attack, but probably wouldn't succeed.

But, for another example, let's say one faction can only hold 20 territories at most, and the remaining 27 territories belong to various factions. The faction holding 20 land's will only be able to defend themselves. (i.e. not attack a faction(s) holding the other 27 lands). This also means that the faction holding the limited amount of territories basically just sits there until some other faction over takes their lands. With that because said, you might as well just fight one or more factions for the whole map. Thus, making it more competitive.
    >.<
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why not just limit the number of territorys a faction can hold?

And with that thought... the Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers and the Dallas Cowboys are no longer allowed to play in any playoff games or Super Bowls because they have won too many and the rest of the teams need a chance to get one too.

And, teams shouldn't be allowed to have shutouts or win streaks either. It's just not fair.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *removed*
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

PW-MY-EN

Can you translate this? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And with that thought... the Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers and the Dallas Cowboys are no longer allowed to play in any playoff games or Super Bowls because they have won too many and the rest of the teams need a chance to get one too.

And, teams shouldn't be allowed to have shutouts or win streaks either. It's just not fair.

And eventually we'd end up in a situation where the strongest factions hold the maximum amount of territories, with maybe a few single ones changing ownership in the hands of the weaker factions once a while. And of course, the strongest factions don't get any TWs since all the weaker factions are too busy clawing each others' throats for the easy lands. And even if they did get TW, they'd only ever get defenses, since they're too strong to be beaten by the non-land holders and cannot declare attacks due to owning the maximum amount of lands already.

Seriously, if a faction owns most of the map, they kinda deserve to hold at least most of it anyway. After all, if you can fend off a three-way attack without losing any of the single battles, you've pretty much displayed remarkable superiority over the competition.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *removed*

Why do people keep advertising PW-MY's new pvp server? b:irritated
    no just no >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Can you translate this? b:question

It would technically be against the ToS to talk about it here, lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

This is why I missed you Mike. b:thanks

BUMP TO DA TOP.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I keep hearing rumors of TW pay returning.

Would love to know where this rumor started. Methinks its a tourniquet of the land owning factions trying to stop their hemorrhaging of members . . . .

If anyone has ANY evidence, regardless of how small, please post it here so this can be put to bed as nothing but conjecture once and for all.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Would love to know where this rumor started. Methinks its a tourniquet of the land owning factions trying to stop their hemorrhaging of members . . . .

If anyone has ANY evidence, regardless of how small, please post it here so this can be put to bed as nothing but conjecture once and for all.

Azzazin said nothing had changed in China two or three weeks ago. And that's after the rumor started.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This is why I missed you Mike. b:thanks

b:sin
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:sin

b:scorn nu.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:scorn nu.

b:shedtear
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *removed*
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Anyone else heard that rumor about the real reason the changed the TW pay from coins to mirages?

Someone told me they did this change because lots of guilds owning many lands on the chinese and malaysian servers were selling the gold for real money to gold selling company.

No idea if this is true, but that would make a lot more sense that the kind of wierd reasons they gave us before...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Anyone else heard that rumor about the real reason the changed the TW pay from coins to mirages?

Someone told me they did this change because lots of guilds owning many lands on the chinese and malaysian servers were selling the gold for real money to gold selling company.

No idea if this is true, but that would make a lot more sense that the kind of wierd reasons they gave us before...

.-. and how could a faction sell gold if you get coins for owning land? Did you mean coins? Then you'd be making sense.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    .-. and how could a faction sell gold if you get coins for owning land? Did you mean coins? Then you'd be making sense.

Zzz... GMs of guilds on the Malay servers would sell the coin they got from TW to coin selling companies. Immo and, to a lesser extent, WarLord both did this.

On Malay, coins = gold and gold = cubi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bump for something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bump to keep it on page 1.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Imo, if the strongest facs in the other versions were selling gold (and/or coins) to gold trading sites, there are different ways to handle it

First off, the reason those facs sold coins to those sites is probally because they realized they didnt have much need for the coins themselves, seeing how there's never any new high lvl material for them to spend it on.

What Pwi should of done was A) figure out what facs were doing this, then ban hammer any involved, or B) set up a fake site that bought coins and excelent prices and stated it was willing to buy coins from these facs, and simply ban anyone that sold coins to the fake site.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bump for justice!
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bump for justice!

JUSTICE!!!!!!1111one!!11!
  • intandem
    intandem Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Tri, you're EQ aren't you? b:question

He's Calamity
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    intandem wrote: »
    He's Calamity

Ewww....
  • Limequest - Dreamweaver
    Limequest - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

But for now, this is the game, and these are the changes that have been made to it. We will be closely monitoring what happens with TW over this next month, and Konari, Aryanna, and myself will be on these boards to hear you out during the process.

By the way....it's almost November now Frankie....just letting you know.
    I'm pretty sure your month trial period is long past due.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    By the way....it's almost November now Frankie....just letting you know.
    I'm pretty sure your month trial period is long past due.

Frankie already said that the result are complete and the devs will be notified about this all.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The TW changes were made primarily to make TW more competitive, ideally to keep us from spiraling down the same path as PW-MY and PW-CN, where entire TW maps had been owned by one unstoppable force.

Well that failed miserably...
    there is am absurdly simple way to fix that.. its called making a set limit of how many territories u can own.

i see no reason for any faction to require any more than 5 or so lands.

THIS would make more factions compete it would make choosing WHICH land they want more strategic becuase they know they can only have a certain amount.

THIS is SOOO absurdly simple solution and would fix EVERY problem of town war.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • zappygun
    zappygun Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hm, if you really want to end the deflation, you should remove that horribly disguised anniversary pack from the CS. Perhaps that actually does make the cash shop available for everyone, by lowering the price from 400k+ back to around 100k, which is actually affordable.
    For Phoenix I ride, for Phoenix I fight, for Phoenix I die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

IGN: MurderZ
    Class: Champion
    Guild + Rank: NeverForever Leader
    Server: Atlantis
    Level: 42
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The TW changes were made primarily to make TW more competitive, ideally to keep us from spiraling down the same path as PW-MY and PW-CN, where entire TW maps had been owned by one unstoppable force.

2010-10-2516-26-18.jpg
    you're doing it wrong, ijs

original post is to try and make it seem ok to make it nearly 5x as hard to play freely. those who do play for free didn't get very far without tw income, and even with it, it took months upon months to get anywhere(if you could farm, anyway. some int classes take years to gear well freely). now: it's nearly impossible(reliant on other people to cash shop to help them play freely, sick)

b:shutupi'm sure your pockets filled up a lot faster by forcing people to pay2play this free game

want to fix the game? put tw pay back, fix the price of dq items(and w/e else you changed), wipe the map every few months, and let players control the economy like we're suppose to.

when a gm gets involved, changing player-controlled things, that's when the economy breaks. that's when games die. THAT'S what happened in myen. play the server before you spread lies about it

you got your info from the wrong source

b:bye
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    zappygun wrote: »
    Hm, if you really want to end the deflation, you should remove that horribly disguised anniversary pack from the CS. Perhaps that actually does make the cash shop available for everyone, by lowering the price from 400k+ back to around 100k, which is actually affordable.

Gold hit 600k this morning on DW.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
This discussion has been closed.