[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, They get paid (well I don't really know if they do or not) But it's their job to convey the message from us to the kings and queens don't you think?
    Lame cop out excuse that everyone throws out.

As a GM it is their job to talk to the devs and talk to us, and at least try to appease us. Our CMs/GMs are absolutely horrible at their job. No excuses.

In no way did I say that it wasn't their job. Just saying being angry with them your anger is pointed toward the wrong suspect.

If they do not forward our concerns about the game to the proper ppl then yes, would be the right ppl to be angry with. But they are paid to appease the masses, not solve problems is merely my point.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In no way did I say that it wasn't their job. Just saying being angry with them your anger is pointed toward the wrong suspect.

If they do not forward our concerns about the game to the proper ppl then yes, would be the right ppl to be angry with. But they are paid to appease the masses, not solve problems is merely my point.

Well they are not doing that, so I will continue to be angry at them.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lame cop out excuse that everyone throws out.

As a GM it is their job to talk to the devs and talk to us, and at least try to appease us. Our CMs/GMs are absolutely horrible at their job. No excuses.

So if they get told "nothing will be done, GTFO" what are they supposed to tell us?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So if they get told "nothing will be done, GTFO" what are they supposed to tell us?

Well if the devs are leaving things as they are, what other choice do the GM's have? They can't tell us something is going to be changed that they know isnt.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well if the devs are leaving things as they are, what other choice do the GM's have? They can't tell us something is going to be changed that they know isnt.

And that's exactly why we get "working on it" responses. GMs might be working on it ie. trying to make dev's understand that it must be changed.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    Theo - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Everytime I think of a GM in pwi I really think of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8kDsM0M-vg

Simply because the thought that they actually "do" something makes me laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rofl_mancer - Lost City
    Rofl_mancer - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Damn I just checked a few things, a **** load of people quit pwi. tbh I think sc2 pwns pwi now. Also there are some more online games coming out^^ Cant wait to check them out, just need to make sure they are not made by the same ppl that made pwi (don't want to have a lame staff that pisses off the players and makes them quit, than later on wonders why)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8kDsM0M-vg
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    W/e Gm's job is, Kantorek made a total fool of himself when he tried blaming high gold prices on big guilds. So either he is indeed ignorant or sucking up someone else's ****. Plus a hypocritical **** for "thanking" players for our "passionate responses" in the same post... Facepalm much...
    *Semi retired*
    edited August 2010
    Options

Then I think they should tell us that. But they don't tell us if something will get fixed or not. They leave us in the dark, which is irritating, and that's why they fail at their jobs.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

[Forum] Lenore: For one, they can tell us that nothing will be changed, so people stop trying to defend the poor scapegoated GMs. Then people who want to quit over it can quit in peace and the people who don't can plan their gameplay better, such as whether or not to try to work towards Rank 9 because those stats in the encyclopedia are total bull.
    edited August 2010
    Options

[Forum] Lenore: For one, they can tell us that nothing will be changed, so people stop trying to defend the poor scapegoated GMs. Then people who want to quit over it can quit in peace and the people who don't can plan their gameplay better, such as whether or not to try to work towards Rank 9 because those stats in the encyclopedia are total bull.

Its been several days since the update. There is no official word if anything is going to be changed because they aren't ready for the mass upset just yet. You can assume nothing is going to be changed. They wouldn't have changed it to begin with if they hadn't planned on keeping it.

If people are going to quit over the change, they need to just go on and do it. The chances of them changing anything back are slim and none, and slim just slipped and fell.

Like I said, those still here will adjust and adapt. If people want to quit they are more than welcome to, nothing they do from this point will keep them here. They are not going to change it back, and any modifications they make are likely not going to please ppl either.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Its been several days since the update. There is no official word if anything is going to be changed because they aren't ready for the mass upset just yet. You can assume nothing is going to be changed. They wouldn't have changed it to begin with if they hadn't planned on keeping it.

If people are going to quit over the change, they need to just go on and do it. The chances of them changing anything back are slim and none, and slim just slipped and fell.

Like I said, those still here will adjust and adapt. If people want to quit they are more than welcome to, nothing they do from this point will keep them here. They are not going to change it back, and any modifications they make are likely not going to please ppl either.

[Forum] Lenore: And this post OF COURSE addresses the point of my post, which was "what choice do GMs have," to which the answer is just be honest instead of trying to cover up **** with pacifier forum threads. GMs already stopped reading this thread. Either that or they're barely scanning over it. Tons of posts in the first 100 pages of the thread were deleted and now the rate of post editing/deleting is very slow.
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Flames of pwi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pros
    -Stopped fake bidding (well actually most of TW was stopped)

Cons
    -Most of TW will now stop
    -GG on lowering gold prices...(+12 orbs/packs)
    -Lost many players especially overseas that participated in TW because they get more mirages running an hh60 than they get from TW
    -End game now sucks

Sometimes too much protection is a bad thing.
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just put it simple, they are not gonna do **** for us. All they want is money, that is all it has ever been about. Either deal with it and find a way to live or quit. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Use this thread to share your thoughts on the recent TW changes.

Please keep it civil so we can get a good discussion going.

Thanks!

*Update*

Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

-Kantorek

u know... after this update... overall gold prices have gone up by 50-60k.
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Use this thread to share your thoughts on the recent TW changes.

Please keep it civil so we can get a good discussion going.

Thanks!

*Update*

Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

-Kantorek

ya know, if this is intended to be some sort of joke that they are going to fix next update. It would really make me R.O.F.L in rl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pros
    -Stopped fake bidding (well actually most of TW was stopped)

Cons
    -Most of TW will now stop
    -GG on lowering gold prices...(+12 orbs/packs)
    -Lost many players especially overseas that participated in TW because they get more mirages running an hh60 than they get from TW
    -End game now sucks

Sometimes too much protection is a bad thing.

ya know, they should hire people who actually take the time to play pwi and lvl up. maybe things like this would never have to be said.... but its 100% true what ya say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ya know, they should hire people who actually take the time to play pwi and lvl up. maybe things like this would never have to be said.... but its 100% true what ya say

I have applied. They never responded.
  • Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So here's what I've seen recently in PWI:

DQ prices dropped = grinding got expensive so you either grind on low level stuff (for not much profit) or you grind on mobs closer to your level in which case the crab meat or charm ticks outweigh what you just made. In either case, pretty ineffective so they are trying to make you charge zen. They SAID they were working on a way to make it up to people but what have we heard about this? NOTHING, and that's all we will hear about it.

4 Hours Instance Timers = So many times someone is getting kicked out of an instance they are trying to finish. It's not about cheating here whatever the GMs/devs say. No one can do lunar. The guy who was abandoned by his squad so they could do the event still hadn't finished his fb89 and got kicked just as the people who agreed to help were doing the boss he needed for his culti. The lower level FC squad gets kicked out just as they get to the exp room. I have seen ALL of these happen. When people were instance saving the mobs/bosses didn't reset for 10+ hours. So why 4? It should have been 8 or 9 to prevent saving *maybe* but, here's an idea, JUST MAKE THEM NOT RESET. Kinda obvious so, IMO, they did it because they make more money if you charge zen and chip all the lunar stuff for horrific amounts and the rest (bad squad/low FC) just got caught up in it.

TW Changes = The one thing in this game that was my source of income to pay for pots/charms for TW is gone. So, I'm not going to do it anymore. And neither will so many people. The thing is they SAY that it's because they want weaker guilds to have a chance. But weaker guilds will have a hard time coming up with bid money which they won't get back. So 10 mil+ (on my server sounds like a LOT more will be likely) so you can get a few mirage stones? Why?

My guild made a bid last week based on the (at the time) current rules for the TW. It was a large bid because we had to deal with a smart **** with a fake guilds bid. THEN the rules were changes AFTER the bidding and we are out a fat chunk of change. They waited until everyone bid their money and then said, oh, by the way, we aren't giving it back (and do I believe that timing was coincidental? Um, NO). Seriously? So next week when you buy your gold and they say, oh, we are only giving you half of what you purchase now, cause we just changed the rules they are going to expect you to just deal with that too. Sure, it sounds extreme and unfair but you rolled over and took the last change so what are you gonna do about it? Nothing, that's right. So run along.

Yes, there are still a couple of more ways to make coin in this game (buy low/sell high) etc but, quite honestly, it sounds like a way to **** other players. "Yes, you *could* have bought this for a reasonable price but I'll buy em up and then make you pay a markup"? Nah... That's just making the economy more hosed and makes me no different than the devs who are hosing all of us. Oh, you can do TT and sell the mats? Well, now we are starting to hear rumors that the other versions make you pay to be a CAT shop? Yeah, some people think these are just rumors but that's what those same people thought about the TW changes, isn't it? Some of us could gold trade but the range between buy and sell has to be 20k MINIMUM and it often isn't and, obviously, we can't all do that. Or we could farm. Yeah, I could but OMG it's boring and the whole point of a game is that it is supposed to be fun, not a chore.

One of the GMs suggested that they did several of these changes because gold prices are out of control. THEN MAKE GOLD A SET PRICE both for buying AND selling or put a max sell price on the gold trading. It's not complicated, the fix is quick and then they can stop using that as an excuse.

I have charged zen on this game. Not in the crazy amounts that so many have, but still a fair bit and certainly more than I should have and now with the devs/GMs making it quite clear that no one is really listening to us anyway I wish I could take back every penny and especially HOUR I spent on this game.

So, right now my first definite decision is I am not charging another dime to this game. Not even one, I'm done. Because if they will do this then what change is coming tomorrow or next week that they will ALSO not listen to us on?

Second, I will not play another game made by this company. Some people who left PWI are going to try their other games but in the end they'll do the same thing there and you will take it. So no, I will not play anything PW makes.

Lastly, I'm thinking of quitting PWI too. Not just charging no more, but just not playing at all. I made it to 99. I could have done more and there are instances I haven't tried. But the only reason to do them at this level is to be powerful for PvP or TW. I am on a PvE server so that would be stupid and pointless. TW is not something I care about much now so I'm thinking that maybe this is endgame for me. Anyway, real life is calling, and loudly. I have not decided for sure and for now I may tinker but as a real big sign, instead of my usual 10+ hours logged in this weekend I had maybe 2? Sad...
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

Because, they want to **** things up. Not fix things NR ._. maybe we should troll them some more?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Because, they want to **** things up. Not fix things NR ._. maybe we should troll them some more?

I would even volunteer to do it to be completely honest. Sort of like a mod I guess. I would be an Ambassador, sharing the truths of the public.

But to be honest, I don't know why we should have to have that. We have 180 pages of people that are obviously not happy with the changes. It appears that they would rather just ignore the problem.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options

[Forum] Lenore: They are afraid of hiring people with balls who can speak the truth and talk back when stupid decisions are made.
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would even volunteer to do it to be completely honest. Sort of like a mod I guess. I would be an Ambassador, sharing the truths of the public.

But to be honest, I don't know why we should have to have that. We have 180 pages of people that are obviously not happy with the changes. It appears that they would rather just ignore the problem.

I would do the job for free, I would give away my 9x cleric, and my account on LC just to become some [?] GM, I would be ONLINE everyday unlike some GMs we know... and I would actually listen to the people who pour there time into pwi Unlike all GMs xD

*Adds self image pic with GM logo*

There would be a lot of ppl to ban 1st :/ then a lot of things to help fix. But tbh i dont mind spending hours trying to fix something if your customers are very unhappy.

Seems like they fail at hiring people ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would do the job for free, I would give away my 9x cleric, and my account on LC just to become some [?] GM, I would be ONLINE everyday unlike some GMs we know... and I would actually listen to the people who pour there time into pwi Unlike all GMs xD

*Adds self image pic with GM logo*

There would be a lot of ppl to ban 1st :/ then a lot of things to help fix. But tbh i dont mind spending hours trying to fix something if your customers are very unhappy.

Seems like they fail at hiring people ijs

alright. lets say u become a gm. now then. u know all the problems. u tell the devs. devs tell u, okay, we'll get on it after the we fix veno swim bug.b:laugh
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    devs tell u, okay, we'll get on it after the we fix veno swim bug.b:laugh

Or the cleric magic defense buff bug. Seriously, two fairly minor glitches that have existed pretty much since the start of the game, and they CBA to fix them - and they wonder why we think the Devs don't care?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hmm. if we started listing minor bugs that needed to be fixed. i mean think about it. they released jungle ruins as a new area even though it was there since how long? it was bugged.

fixing a bug is apparently such a big deal that it has to be the weekly big news.
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    alright. lets say u become a gm. now then. u know all the problems. u tell the devs. devs tell u, okay, we'll get on it after the we fix veno swim bug.b:laugh

I will than apply to become a Dev if they sit on their ***** too. nuff said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I will than apply to become a Dev if they sit on their ***** too. nuff said

go move to china then. guess we wont be seeing u anymore since this game is banned in that region. b:bye
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dev/GM's response ..

in-one-ear-out-the-other.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.