[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• LobosHeart - Heavens Tear
    LobosHeart - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    just thought id sahre a funny ,was look at some reports and ran across this

Perfect World Co., Ltd. is an online game developer and operator in People's Republic of China. The company develops online games based on its game engines and game development platforms. Its technology capabilities consist of its game engines, game development platforms and real-time anti-cheating expertise, all developed and built by its development team.

what cn is bot heaven *chuckles* according to what we have been told
    You never see me coming I am the chill that runs up your spine, I am the cold that seeks your bones, I am the thrill of fear you feel when you hear me call.
    Can you see my joy to run free? My thrill of the kill the heat of battle
    See the shiver as I taste your blood The insane pleasure as I see you die.
    I am Lobo I run free come Join me as I as I roam free.
    Come join me if you dare Come dance with me
  • TheGreenElf - Dreamweaver
    TheGreenElf - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

i dont think anyone loves perfect world anymore...
    edited August 2010
    Options
    why is there 1,623 mesages complaing and whining about how sorry perfect world is? why dont you just leave perfect world and spend your time on somthing more construtive instead of making this game your life? i dont get it. why dont you just leave and erase perfect world from your head?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Furthermore, and I don't understand why we need to explain this, gold prices have inflated. Even if green mat prices were the same (and they aren't), that same amount of coin gives you less buying power. Hence, the mats are worth less (not worthless but worth less).

Umm... you just don't understand. If it were only about gold prices increasing and coin value decreasing, the mats would cost you more because the coin is worth less. The reason why I was explaining it was part of an earlier post explaining how PW has pretty much eliminated the ability to make money in-game and 2x driving down the price of mats (not inflation) helped devalue mats because they became over-abundant due to over-farming during 2x events, several of which lasted quite a long time. Of course there are more people able to farm them now, but 2x helped accelerate the devaluation and the inability to earn any significant amount of coin by farming them and selling them.

So I don't know why you're trying to say to me, but you're wrong in any event.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There is a difference between necessities and luxuries lrntoeconomics b:bye

[Forum] Darksylph: You must have missed the whole post that i was replying to. The one that says PWI basically forces you to need those cash shop goods. So in game, things like charms for TW are necessities. lrntometaphor b:bye
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Umm... you just don't understand. If it were only about gold prices increasing and coin value decreasing, the mats would cost you more because the coin is worth less. The reason why I was explaining it was part of an earlier post explaining how PW has pretty much eliminated the ability to make money in-game and 2x driving down the price of mats (not inflation) helped devalue mats because they became over-abundant due to over-farming during 2x events, several of which lasted quite a long time. Of course there are more people able to farm them now, but 2x helped accelerate the devaluation and the inability to earn any significant amount of coin by farming them and selling them.

So I don't know why you're trying to say to me, but you're wrong in any event.

I think he's saying something along the lines of depreciation of TT mats + appreciation of gold = x 2 hurt for casual players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Umm... you just don't understand.

You don't understand. I was agreeing with you. b:laugh I probably wrote it poorly, because the forums don't nest quotes, so the original poster's comments were lost in my reply.

As you pointed out, the price of green mats has decreased. As I pointed out, even if the coin prices had remained the same, those same green mats would have less buying power relative to other items (gold) whose price has increased. The result is, it's much harder for the non cash-shopper to keep him/herself financed.

In other words, the person you were originally responding to is an idiot.
    why is there 1,623 mesages complaing and whining about how sorry perfect world is? why dont you just leave perfect world and spend your time on somthing more construtive instead of making this game your life? i dont get it. why dont you just leave and erase perfect world from your head?

Keep in mind that many (perhaps most) people who play this game have spent real money on it. Some have spent quite a bit.

Imagine that you just spent $1000 on a new set of golf clubs. You also just spent an even larger amount of money on a country club membership. One month later, that country club changes many of its rules, hires a new chef who serves lousy food, and tears up the golf course to make room for more condominiums since those are more profitable to them. Are you going to:

a) Quit playing golf and never go to the country club again.

b) Complain to the management hoping that they can make some changes before it's too late that will help you get a better value for all the money you just spent.
  • VOid__ - Harshlands
    VOid__ - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i have no idea why ppl still playing this game, with these all bullsh1ts el o el
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Forum] Darksylph: You must have missed the whole post that i was replying to. The one that says PWI basically forces you to need those cash shop goods. So in game, things like charms for TW are necessities. lrntometaphor b:bye

you are terrible at metaphors cause what they hell you said wasn't a metaphor. I don't know what it was, but it was closer to an analogy. lrntoenglishlanguage

btw. you don't need the cashshop items, it's good to have them.
    edited August 2010
    Options

Keep in mind that many (perhaps most) people who play this game have spent real money on it. Some have spent quite a bit.

Imagine that you just spent $1000 on a new set of golf clubs. You also just spent an even larger amount of money on a country club membership. One month later, that country club changes many of its rules, hires a new chef who serves lousy food, and tears up the golf course to make room for more condominiums since those are more profitable to them. Are you going to:

a) Quit playing golf and never go to the country club again.

b) Complain to the management hoping that they can make some changes before it's too late that will help you get a better value for all the money you just spent.

so whats the point of wasting your time if they are going to completely ignore you? if you spent money on this game then should try to earn it back. if you spent more than $1000 dollars on what supposed to be a free game, you must have money to throw away or don't care about paying your bills or buying food and water to live. i can understand a small amount, but spending your life's earnings on something that isn't worth it, is literally crazy. you shouldn't make any game your life to the point where you start poring bleeding money into it for something that you don't need to live.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so whats the point of wasting your time if they are going to completely ignore you? if you spent money on this game then should try to earn it back. if you spent more than $1000 dollars on what supposed to be a free game, you must have money to throw away or don't care about paying your bills or buying food and water to live. i can understand a small amount, but spending your life's earnings on something that isn't worth it, is literally crazy. you shouldn't make any game your life to the point where you start poring bleeding money into it for something that you don't need to live.

[Forum] Darksylph: His analogy was appropriate. People pour tons of money after necessities of life into hobbies & entertainment. He likened it to playing golf. Why would putting money into golfing be good but a game be crazy? Not everyone likes golf or stamp collecting, some enjoy gaming as a pastime. It doesnt matter what form of hobby/entertainment you put your money into, if they suddenly change the rules on it after you've spent the money, its quite unethical. In fact the U.S. Government is forbidden from doing it (re: Constitutional Habeas Corpus). So why shouldnt corporations be forbidden from it as well?
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    Theo - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow thank you pwi for the pay in Stones, thats really gonna pay for my MP charm or HP charm. Untill you come up with an update that actually HELPS your customers, I am going to play sc2.

PS: why dont you just hand out warsoul if you want to **** up the game so bad?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Guys, I'm honestly not in the mood to read back through all the pages. Can someone help me out and tell if there has been any official response yet? Thanks!
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Guys, I'm honestly not in the mood to read back through all the pages. Can someone help me out and tell if there has been any official response yet? Thanks!

[Forum] Darksylph: Yes, but its in the other stickied thread An Early GM response to the TW changes, which basically reads "You're screwed, we feel like seeing how this goes."
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Forum] Darksylph: Yes, but its in the other stickied thread An Early GM response to the TW changes, which basically reads "You're screwed, we feel like seeing how this goes."

[Forum] Mraochan: Oh yeah, I saw that one thanks. I should have said "new responses since it's Monday now" =/
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

:O uh oh frankie said that he liked the game and liked the fact that you can attempt to grind for money :O he may disappear like spoons b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Forum] Mraochan: Nevermind, it's Sunday... I'm going crazy =/
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Forum] Mraochan: Nevermind, it's Sunday... I'm going crazy =/

*presses like button*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    http://www.google.com/finance?q=Perfect+World+Entertainment

Im sorry but I am quitting my main now, congrats pwi. You have 1 less person feeding your paychecks. I hope for the best and you dont feel it nearly as bad as your customers feel... (thats bs but I wanted to say it)

Now instead of wasting my money on your "cash shopers only" scam update, I am going to blow $10,000 a month on Taco Bell, get fat and die. tyvm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As you pointed out, the price of green mats has decreased. As I pointed out, even if the coin prices had remained the same, those same green mats would have less buying power relative to other items (gold) whose price has increased. The result is, it's much harder for the non cash-shopper to keep him/herself financed.

In other words, the person you were originally responding to is an idiot.

lol, well you could have worded yourself better. And, agreed. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    His analogy was appropriate. People pour tons of money after necessities of life into hobbies & entertainment. He likened it to playing golf. Why would putting money into golfing be good but a game be crazy? Not everyone likes golf or stamp collecting, some enjoy gaming as a pastime. It doesn't matter what form of hobby/entertainment you put your money into, if they suddenly change the rules on it after you've spent the money, its quite unethical. In fact the U.S. Government is forbidden from doing it (re: Constitutional Habeas Corpus). So why shouldn't corporations be forbidden from it as well?

what i was trying to say that people shouldn't waste very large amounts of money on a game or any other wants unless they have a unlimited amount of money. that includes golf lol.

and really the Dev's from china don't care if you wasted money on them, they will change the rule's at will. and they can get away with it. its how dirty companies work that only care about the money. all the poor gm's can do is sit back and watch. they don't want to make the changes but they have too. it's china's game.
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    WAIT EVERYONE I GOT DIS!!!!!

How about this as an idea (we all know they wont let it happen since it helps us)

Next Patch = PWI Money return***

All the money you spent charging will be refunded to you all at once and you may select any server to place it on. Think of it as a Tax Return :) 4 times a year it should happen, this will balance out some of the **** they hit us with. But not all since they are still thinking of ways to make us all quit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    WAIT EVERYONE I GOT DIS!!!!!

How about this as an idea (we all know they wont let it happen since it helps us)

Next Patch = PWI Money return***

All the money you spent charging will be refunded to you all at once and you may select any server to place it on. Think of it as a Tax Return :) 4 times a year it should happen, this will balance out some of the **** they hit us with. But not all since they are still thinking of ways to make us all quit

Wait... let me find the face I did when I saw this....

Found it, it was something like:
    Queen-Drawxxy-ughDo-we-have-to-do-it-again.jpg
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes, we demand it. All your money are belong to us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *presses like button*

I wish we could do that here.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes, we demand it. All your money are belong to us

Lol its like going to a restaurant, after eating a homungus amount of food, telling the manager "Hey I didn't like your food, I want my money back".

b:chuckle
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL and to think ive actually done that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Excuse me Frankie, there's not points to discuss. Fix it. We don't care China Pw problems actually I don't understand why that have to affect PWI. Anyway there is only a solution downgrade it, no negociations, no other solutions. DOWNGRADE IT. This is getting too big people is starting cammpains against pwi in facebook, come on, you're creating more drama
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sethh wrote: »
    Excuse me Frankie, there's not points to discuss. Fix it. We don't care China Pw problems actually I don't understand why that have to affect PWI. Anyway there is only a solution downgrade it, no negociations, no other solutions. DOWNGRADE IT. This is getting too big people is starting cammpains against pwi in facebook, come on, you're creating more drama

Couldnt agree more, lets stop talking here since we know they either don't listen to us. Or they do not care. Either way we should do something about it :o

Anyone have any ideas to "open" their eyes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Couldnt agree more, lets stop talking here since we know they either don't listen to us. Or they do not care. Either way we should do something about it :o

Anyone have any ideas to "open" their eyes?

They never listened or cared about their playerbase anyhow.

Do as me, start looking for a non-broken game. P2p mayhaps?
This discussion has been closed.