The largest fail update ever

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Isn't it obvious what the removal of blessings and the instance time cap are? They're PWI's great, big "**** you" to the non-cash shop players who still farm their gear.

Want to run for CV gear? Nope, your 4 hours is up.
    Want to get hh99 mats? Better hurry, clock's ticking.

Each and every forthcoming patch breaks this already broken game further.

Let's have a server reset. Take them a couple moths back, to before anni packs and hyper stones. That was PWI's best incarnation, and I'm sad to see it go.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    finally Solandri.... someone that makes sense (on this anyway). I'd love to see someone try and argue with what u said and make any sense (or not seem like a condescending prick).
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Who takes 4 hours to do an instance? What, level 50 squads in FF? All the crying is due to people who can't save instances anymore, plain and simple.

Okay..if you can't finish 3-3 in 4 hours you need to be shot

I had 3-3 runs longer than 4 hours... It was horrid... RARE... but happens... as a result of ppl inexperience & dying at every single corner, massive AFKing, really bad equipment, DDs who think the double D stands for their bust size & so on. But being thrown out of instance... that sucks.

- 4 hour time limit on dungeons makes sure only the most experienced squads can do certain instances - and newbies can't learn how to do it because, yep!, there's not enough time! So the devs do this instead of increasing the spawn time for bosses, or just removing it. Why do bosses have a respawn time anyway? So far that's what I gathered to be the only valible reason for this part of the update.

b:sad

I like that they removed the blessing & the hype limit though.
    Techno stop QQing... you're 99 FFS...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Those people handled it before with crappy gear and no 4 hour limit.

An average squad of people without event gear, pre-annipacks, easily completed every instance but Lunar in under 4 hours. Lunar used to take 6-8 hours. Lunar has since been nerfed and now completing a run should never take 4 hours, even if you do nerfed Primal Fear. The only thing I can see being affected are venos who like to solo squad mode.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I had 3-3 runs longer than 4 hours... It was horrid... RARE... but happens... as a result of ppl inexperience & dying at every single corner, massive AFKing, really bad equipment, DDs who think the double D stands for their bust size & so on. But being thrown out of instance... that sucks.

b:sad

I like that they removed the blessing & the hype limit though.
    Techno stop QQing... you're 99 FFS...

The 4 hour limit be a blessing then.
    o_o'
    if you be stuck with inexperienced people dying at every corner, it'll take you out of there that much faster.
    xD

also me detecting some confoosion with this 4 hour limit.
    is it 4 hours per instance?
    or 4 hours to go into any instance?

me would be more inclined to believe that it be 4 hours per instance.
    which in that case, would mean there be no problem. (like VlLKASS said, his longer than 4 hour run was because it be going badly to begin with.)
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    An average squad of people without event gear, pre-annipacks, easily completed every instance but Lunar in under 4 hours. Lunar used to take 6-8 hours. Lunar has since been nerfed and now completing a run should never take 4 hours, even if you do nerfed Primal Fear. The only thing I can see being affected are venos who like to solo squad mode.

i have seen high lvl 9x squads kill the bosses in 79 slower than the mid 8x folks i squad with run it unwined...the long way

ohmylawd pwi has placed a bare minimum...and people have no idea how to play so they beg for easy mode
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    IMO this is gonna discourage lower levels from trying certain instances.

I was thinking the same thing...Blessings are one of those things that make lower level players a little better off in a dungeon...although not too better off.
    I don't really LOVE that they took them away, but hey, nobody's going to listen to us anyway. The four hour thing is a little rediculous, unless you're doing Abaddon or Nirvana or TT 3-3 or something huge like that, that actually TAKES that long to do.

Reason why nobody knows how to play is because they oracle and hyper to endgame.
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Uhm can you still solo dungeons with that time cap?

4 hours for tt feels short.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thunde88 wrote: »
    Uhm can you still solo dungeons with that time cap?

4 hours for tt feels short.

I beleive you can
    chezedude can pretty much solo TT, but then again, hes levell 100+ and a heavy CSer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I dont care about the blessing, but i am currently raging about getting kicked from instance after 4 hours.

WTF is that. Saving and instance so you dont have to kill annoying bosses or mobs, is pretty much the only legit way to compete on this server against other farmers that either WALL **** or its cash shopped Bms with 5 aps that can solo any instance in 10 minutes. Cuz yeah so many people wall/fly **** and this does not affect them at all, this affects the few people that still plays legit.

For me having a saved 3-3/3-2/Lunar is pretty much the only way to save time and make a little cash each week <,<
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1 more question.

When you doing a bh, some people fly to the cave and some teleport. So what happens if your tank go in first in the dungeon and then 20 min later squad find a cleric.

If the dungeon take 4 hours tank going to be kicked then? and cleric stay?

Do the dungeon reset for the first or last person that enter the instance?
    Bc if its the last person, one in squad can wait outside and enter when the others have clear the cave.

If its reset after the first member in squad have enter, then this suck. Not all people have 20k for tele each time they want to do a bh, and if they need all boss, they need to tele 3 times :/.

And for blessing we have PW school teacher quest that give blessing for free :)
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Worst update ever, game is gonna die, we're all doomed etc etc etc..

Lots of fun hearing that every week.

Dungeon limit: Now.. I don't know about you..but I've never been in a dungeon for over 4 hours yet. Not even my first frost run with an 85- squad took that long. I suppose there are indeed people who take over 4 hours to complete a dungeon, maybe veno's soloing TT (not sure how long that actually takes).
    I don't see the reason for this update but we should be able to live with it.

Hyper limit: Now, first off this is an obvious money making move from PW: you can only use hyper when you need it for 10 times a day(which is less than 1 FF run) so you would have to keep it on longer making you use more stones.
    This update will probably have the most impact on people doing FF (with hyper). Not everybody will waste up to 10 hyper stones for 1 FF run and as such will use their 10 uses in 1 FF, limiting their FF runs to once a day.

Dominance blessing: We had to do it without them before and we can do it again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    I was thinking the same thing...Blessings are one of those things that make lower level players a little better off in a dungeon...although not too better off.
    I don't really LOVE that they took them away, but hey, nobody's going to listen to us anyway. The four hour thing is a little rediculous, unless you're doing Abaddon or Nirvana or TT 3-3 or something huge like that, that actually TAKES that long to do.

Reason why nobody knows how to play is because they oracle and hyper to endgame.

Lol.... b:embarrass 4 h Nirvana or Abaddon... I go faceroll...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Worst update ever, game is gonna die, we're all doomed etc etc etc..

Lots of fun hearing that every week.

Dungeon limit: Now.. I don't know about you..but I've never been in a dungeon for over 4 hours yet. Not even my first frost run with an 85- squad took that long. I suppose there are indeed people who take over 4 hours to complete a dungeon, maybe veno's soloing TT (not sure how long that actually takes).
    I don't see the reason for this update but we should be able to live with it.

Hyper limit: Now, first off this is an obvious money making move from PW: you can only use hyper when you need it for 10 times a day(which is less than 1 FF run) so you would have to keep it on longer making you use more stones.
    This update will probably have the most impact on people doing FF (with hyper). Not everybody will waste up to 10 hyper stones for 1 FF run and as such will use their 10 uses in 1 FF, limiting their FF runs to once a day.

Dominance blessing: We had to do it without them before and we can do it again.

If you activate more then 10 times in a FC run you're doing it wrong and wasting it anyway. I activate about 5 times a run and the only thing this changes is how many runs I can do a day. I will still get the same experience out of 5 hypers but it will span over a longer amount of days.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited June 2010
    Hyper no longer works on 1st Nirvana boss. This is kinda fail, oh well that exp was just too easy.

1m exp from completing the cube? Come on... that's a freaking giveaway. /facepalm
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you activate more then 10 times in a FC run you're doing it wrong and wasting it anyway. I activate about 5 times a run and the only thing this changes is how many runs I can do a day. I will still get the same experience out of 5 hypers but it will span over a longer amount of days.

I don't use hyper in FF myself so I just guessed people used hyper on every boss.

That makes it about 2 runs a day, which I don't think affects anyone but the most hardcore FF'ers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Hyper no longer works on 1st Nirvana boss. This is kinda fail, oh well that exp was just too easy.

1m exp from completing the cube? Come on... that's a freaking giveaway. /facepalm

1m in cube is crazy, but hyper not working on the first boss sucks :(

I don't use hyper in FF myself so I just guessed people used hyper on every boss.

That makes it about 2 runs a day, which I don't think affects anyone but the most hardcore FF'ers.

It effects me in the fact that I set aside 1 weekend day to just do FC runs since I do other stuff on the other days. Now this means my leveling is really stopped.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited June 2010
    1m in cube is crazy, but hyper not working on the first boss sucks :(

Yeah, I was happy with 450k per run to be honest, but hyper not working for Nirvana... oh well, I won't be getting any more hyper stones. lol *shrug*
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I was happy with 450k per run to be honest, but hyper not working for Nirvana... oh well, I won't be getting any more hyper stones. lol *shrug*

As I usually spent 1 day hypering I'm going to be buying a **** ton less *shrugs* their loss not mine :D
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear
    Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Its already hard enough to find squads for some instances if ur inexperienced (who will want to take a newbie cleric or tank if it could risk the whole instance?)....can't imagine most will want those lvl 80 DDs in frost squads now rofl

Hmm... I usually invite friends from as low as lvl 77-78 to FF....b:avoid

Anyway, it has to do with the concept of efficiency - people worry too much about doing things the "right" way than to have fun and enjoy. For the last time: There is no "right" way!!!

Have fun and enjoy the game!
    PWI will continue - in one way or the other. I'm just glad I found a balanced server now that I enjoy - naming is illegal, but PM's are welcome.

Only reason I log in still is also just to say hi to friends.

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3036252001&dateline=1291402639[/SIGPIC]
  • Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear
    Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Whether you can do 3-3, Lunar, or other instances in less than 4 hours at level 102 with gear sharded and refined up the wazoo is irrelevant. You have to think of all the different types of players who play the game. From the extreme cash shopper, to the broke free player who can barely afford to pay for his skills much less shard or refine his gear.

If a squad of these free players can finish all instances in 4 hours, then fine, there's no problem.

If they cannot finish some instances in 4 hours, then essentially this has become a pay to play game. The only way for those players to then complete certain instances is to group with high level characters with refined and sharded gear (which is impossible since you guys are too busy sneering at them and calling them failures to help them), or to pay RL money. At which point the game has effectively ceased to be a free to play game.

I'm pretty successful in this game. Have over 100 mil coin, a weapon of the sages, regularly rank #2-#10 doing the nien events solo and unbuffed at level 95. But I don't give a rat's **** about being the best, so I regularly group with lots of folks who play for free. In many instances, they need more than 4 hours. Sneer at them and insult them if you wish. But the bottom line is the 4 hour limit just made certain sections of the game unattainable to a significant subset of the playerbase for absolutely no reason (just make the limit 10 or 20 hours and the boss respawn problem goes away). From a game design standpoint, locking part of your playerbase out of content for no particular reason is always a bad idea.

Those people handled it before with crappy gear and no 4 hour limit.

+++

Very true - not everyone can afford great gear or skills, and gear or skills make up 2/3 of your strength as a player - build is the last main part, and that is somewhat free - as of yet.
    PWI will continue - in one way or the other. I'm just glad I found a balanced server now that I enjoy - naming is illegal, but PM's are welcome.

Only reason I log in still is also just to say hi to friends.

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3036252001&dateline=1291402639[/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    As I usually spent 1 day hypering I'm going to be buying a **** ton less *shrugs* their loss not mine :D

tbh, with the price of gold, I really won't be missing it all that much.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2010

1M? You freaking serious? Done cube just for pages, the 450k xp it gave was nice bonus. But I dun really mind, that may actually make ppl do cube, hell it was deserted on Archosaur pre update. It was always pay time with tickets when you hit in "squad of..." rooms, PK rooms were start again rooms. But on servers where cube wasn`t just plain empty that sucks, cube is just so freaking easy, any xp they give from it to 9x ppl is just a giveaway. Though I do hate the final stand room, my charm dun like it at all, not at all =(. 3 last finished cubes, 3 times on that cursed room, Imma go and try if I could skip it this time.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Funny enough... I don't see this update as bad...

4hr limit for dungeons? I have been in any dungeon more than 4hrs only twice - as lvl85 in Warsong when it just came out and as lvl92 with lvl90-95 squad in unwined seat. Then both places took us 5hrs.
    Blessing are gone? No problem with that... at least some instances might become bit more fun :P I played quite well before and I kept forgetting to put them on anyway. Besides, there are those Blessing Boxes anyway.
    Hyper stone limit? Good! Leveling with them was way too easy.
    New packs? Not too bad... they are around anyway
    Jolly Old Jones event? Almost good idea for coin sink.... Guardian Scrolls cost over 100k atm, I think (fix me if I am wrong. I don't use them), so it would work as nice coin sink. Bad part - they added that you can get those packs with 5 tokens... tokens went for 12k, so only 60k for one Relaxing Summer Pack. First part was good idea for money sink. Just why adding tokens???? It will only rise token prices.
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Hmm... I usually invite friends from as low as lvl 77-78 to FF....b:avoid

Anyway, it has to do with the concept of efficiency - people worry too much about doing things the "right" way than to have fun and enjoy. For the last time: There is no "right" way!!!

Have fun and enjoy the game!

Great. Thats you. But you don't = rest of server, do you? And yes efficiency has a lot to do with it. Thats the reason they couldn't find squads easily before. Now thats efficient DD is REALLY important, it might be harder

O.O I never said there was a "right" way to do anything. Not sure where u got that from, but ok.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    1M? You freaking serious? Done cube just for pages, the 450k xp it gave was nice bonus. But I dun really mind, that may actually make ppl do cube, hell it was deserted on Archosaur pre update. It was always pay time with tickets when you hit in "squad of..." rooms, PK rooms were start again rooms. But on servers where cube wasn`t just plain empty that sucks, cube is just so freaking easy, any xp they give from it to 9x ppl is just a giveaway. Though I do hate the final stand room, my charm dun like it at all, not at all =(. 3 last finished cubes, 3 times on that cursed room, Imma go and try if I could skip it this time.

I still do cube for pages + just for fun. Will be nice seeing more ppl in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Still waiting for the apology for DQ price drops....
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I must also say that, as a veno with no herc/nix and who likes to gather her TT90 mats early (only level 84), I will now never get into a squad due to this time gap. Thanks a ton....
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Guys guys guys..no need to complain if you want mats from tt and everything charge that credit card buy some packs..if you want lvl charge credit and buy packs for oracles.......(jk) but this is how i see there trying to force us to do..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
This discussion has been closed.