State of the Game - DQ Price

Comments

• Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    *Yo, language, young lady! Even in a picture, you're gettin' your whole post BALEETED because you broke the ToS*
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I have been playing this game for a while now and its pretty sad to see what is happening to it . Broken promises have now become normal. GM's are not present on the forums. Mods are doing a poor job moderating them and our CM .. well I rarely ever see him being active and engaging with the COMMUNITY. Communication is just broken overall. It's painfully obvious that PWI has become nothing more than work horse for PWE. Look at how many MMO's they have running now . MMO's that have great new shiny features and boards with active GM's. Really, at this point when the dev's see the income level decrease they walk over and hit the packs button to get the work horse going again. They as a company can put out and run multiple MMO's within a year but cant fix DQ price , Arena or Lunar ? They are in a constant development state however none of that development is for us. So whats the excuse ? Oh ' things take time'. No one is falling for this bull anymore . I'm pretty sure they have email a working telephone heck even letter would have reached China by now . The reality is when this post was created and the Devs were asked about DQ price they said : 'oh DQ price.. yah well we have 2-3 MMO's in development so just give them the normal bull, oh and Kantorek .. i've sent you a new pack schedule to follow'. No company can run this many MMO's effectively. If I can't trust the company to run the game right then I have nothing to look forward to.
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This "change" or whatever they have been talking about was discussed in May 25, 2010. Its almost August and still DQ is 20% cheaper and servers are spammed with these Tiger packs.
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think that's enough beating this dead horse.

EDIT: Big kudos to Kanel for handling this situation maturely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This has been reopened. Please forgive Konari for this error and please keep the flames to a minimum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think that's enough beating this dead horse.

EDIT: Big kudos to Kanel for handling this situation maturely.

+1 to Kanel.
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ok, as hopefully first reply after it has been re-opened I just want to say this.

When we had Anniversary Packs around, there was a thread with how many pages? 150+? This thread has the potential to get to that point, but nothing positive came out of the anniversary pack thread. I mean, what does it take to get some results from this company that expects to keep receiving our money?

If they can ignore a 150 page thread, I don't know what would get through to them.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    +1 to Kanel.
    d(^.-d)

+1. Props to Kanel and everyone else who took initiative to speak out against this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Many thanks for re-opening this thread.

I will say here that, while there were many unreasonable flames in this thread (and by all means do away with them, we don't like them as much as you don't) there were many people in here expressing their concerns regarding this issue and their concerns and anger regarding the fact they feel they are being ignored.

This is not a flame against the staff. Many people appreciate the jobs you do, the fact it's voluntary, the fact you probably mod or work as an active GM for more then one of PWE's games and the fact you have a life. They are not here telling you that you suck and that you aren't doing your job.

We are here complaining that we feel like we are not being heard. We are here complaining that we feel like we are being disregarded in a manner most distressing when you consider how much money some of us put onto this game. We aren't here to badmouth you or take the ****, we are here telling you that we are concerned with what we see and that we are angry with what is happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Many thanks for re-opening this thread.

I will say here that, while there were many unreasonable flames in this thread (and by all means do away with them, we don't like them as much as you don't) there were many people in here expressing their concerns regarding this issue and their concerns and anger regarding the fact they feel they are being ignored.

This is not a flame against the staff. Many people appreciate the jobs you do, the fact it's voluntary, the fact you probably mod or work as an active GM for more then one of PWE's games and the fact you have a life. They are not here telling you that you suck and that you aren't doing your job.

We are here complaining that we feel like we are not being heard. We are here complaining that we feel like we are being disregarded in a manner most distressing when you consider how much money some of us put onto this game. We aren't here to badmouth you or take the ****, we are here telling you that we are concerned with what we see and that we are angry with what is happening.

I think this pretty much speaks for everyone out there, even the misunderstood ones.
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    im sorry Konari. Im aware the picture i chose was not very nice.

I won't rewrite all the post i made i think some ppl before and after me said how I feel (and how many players feel).

just a small list in order not to make an useless post :

unfinished patches : tideborn are still missing things (demon/sage books in brim/eden), lunar, arena released but at our own risks, others i dont have in mind.

Patch notes not complete

topic deleted, closed, or ignored even with 150+ pages in them

almost no communication about what players are really annoyed (DQ price as its the topic)

however there is no lack of communication about events or facebook contest wich are really not our main concerns.

How can we trust our CM/GM with all this stuff? Just make yourself in our position. I think you will understand how we all feel.

For me, i will just continue to play as free to play (don't expect me to send money to a company wich doesn't take care of its customers).

To be honest i don't expect something coming with this thread. The ball is in devs' camp (and boutique devs' too).

NOTE : i hope this new post is better than the previous one. No bad words, no flame, just proofs ppl are reaching their limits with devs' choices.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2010

I won't rewrite all the post i made i think some ppl before and after me said how I feel (and how many players feel).

unfinished patches : tideborn are still missing things (demon/sage books in heaven/hell), lunar, arena released but at our own risks, others i dont have in mind.

Patch notes not complete

almost no communication about what players are really annoyed (DQ price as its the topic)

however there is no lack of communication about events or facebook contest wich are really not our main concerns.

How can we trust our CM/GM with all this stuff? Just make yourself in our position. I think you will understand how we all feel.

For me, i will just continue to play as free to play (don't expect me to send money to a company wich doesn't take care of its customers).

To be honest i don't expect something coming with this thread. The ball is in devs' camp (and boutique devs' too).

NOTE : i hope this new post is better than the previous one. No bad words, no flame, just proofs ppl are reaching their limits with devs' choices.
    totally agree with this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Lol, this thread was locked for a bit? Blah... Sometimes I wonder, when I make those huge posts in threads explaining my views upon everything - if any Mod/GM/CM/Dev or any type of "high-up" person reads what I write. If they would take the time to read 'em, and understood what I wrote, maybe things around here would change for the better. Then again, I doubt that as many others have created godly posts describing the truths, but they haven't been listened to either. b:surrender
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2010

unfinished patches : tideborn are still missing things (demon/sage books in brim/eden), lunar, arena released but at our own risks, others i dont have in mind.

Patch notes not complete

well sayed to bad they dont give a **** about us players
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Actually, you playing as a free-to-play player is giving incentive for other people to spend their money in the game. Without people like you, I think there is very few reasons for them to cash shop. So you playing for free is indirectly paying to the game.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Actually, you playing as a free-to-play player is giving incentive for other people to spend their money in the game. Without people like you, I think there is very few reasons for them to cash shop. So you playing for free is indirectly paying to the game.

So horribly true. By playing this game, you are an enabler either way. You cash shop? You are enabling them directly buy giving them the money that feeds their greed. You don't cash shop? You still enable indirectly. How is this possible? EHre are some things that cause "non cash shoppers" to indirectly make cash shoppurchases:

Perfect Iron Hammer
    Cages/Inventory/Storage/Cupboard/Wardrobe stones
    Account Stash
    Hercules/Phoenix pets
    Teleacoustics
    Point Reset Items
    Items for refining/upgrading/socketing equipment

I am aware that some of these items are technically "Not absolutely neccessary" but with the way the game is currently, let me ask you this:

What is the likelihood of a veno getting a squad/faction at higher levels without a herc?
    And without a squad/faction, one has no access to certain things)High level HP/Mana pots from Factions, Call of Duties and certain high level FBs which require a squad
    What is the liklihood of anyone getting a squad/faction at higher levels without refined/upgraded and possibly socket-filled equipment?

Why should one be *forced* to use the cash shop to have access to things like inventory/storage space, the Account Stash between characters of the same account, the ability to post in the World Chat, or even open the Supply Stash? These things should either be automatically given to us, granted at intervals as rewards for quests/levels, or not in the game at all.

The current state of the game requires you to either buy from the cash shop, or purchase cash shop-exclusive items from other players who have bought them from the cash shop. Hence, it is a vicious cycle that never ends.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    FYI still pissed that nothing has been done about this b:angry
  • Mi$t - Lost City
    Mi$t - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    FYI still pissed that nothing has been done about this b:angry

FYI, it's ONLY 20%
    QQ moar?
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    FYI, it's ONLY 20%
    QQ moar?

20% of a 5000 coin DQ item is 1000 coin. If you ask me, that's quite a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    FYI, it's ONLY 20%
    QQ moar?

its %20 BECAUSE it does make a difference.

they know a %20 reduction makes it impossible to effectivly buy gold in game. thats why they did it, so it is just the amount to make the difference.
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    They should just increase DQ drops and that will balance it out. But that don't put money in their pocket so this issue will never be fixed.
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    To Lylfo and teethewicked

Of course I buy tokens from catshop to buy shards or even buy my lvl 79 skills (well bought only for one ^^). Of course i bought some gold (maybe 10 or 15) to refine my gear. of course i bought golds (from gold trading if ^^) to buy my wings. Of course i bought gold (same thing ^^) to buy my mount when gold was still 125k each.

so lets see
    At most i think i bought 2000 tokens in ... 7 or 8 months... and 80 gold from gold trading ig.

I bought maybe 30 packs at all from catshop just to see if i was lucky.

How much coins it is compared to free players merchanting like robots 24/7 who use coins to buy tons of packs (there's a thread about 3024 packs bought since anni packs on this section)?

Ok you can say i contribute indirectly to the boutique but when i say i play for free i mean i use the mininum i have to.

But when i compare myself to others i don't find this kind of way to play is really enough to feed PWE even indirectly. Players like me are just an ant in the middle of all the market.

The free players who really give money (indirectly) to PWE are those who trade tons and tons of gold to open plenty of packs or try to acquire warsoul or other things i don't have in mind right now :).

conclusion : don't put all freeplayers in same category.

BTW im sorry it was far off topic but i felt i have to say that :).
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well i see still no motivation for even frankie to come in and give us an update, although seems we did get a couple of mods in here to poast a comment even if it was just to close and then re-open the thread.

Seriously i hope that they fail at reaching thier 100k likes might show them that thier player base is not at all happy with thier actions and maybe just maybe (grasping at straws here) they might do something they have promised.

But until that day I will keep doing my daily thing and not spend another coin to help support them in game or another dollar in Real Life. Too bad we can't get more to stand up for themselves might get something fixed if all the Cash Shoppers went on strike for a month.b:shocked
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    To Lylfo and teethewicked

Of course I buy tokens from catshop to buy shards or even buy my lvl 79 skills (well bought only for one ^^). Of course i bought some gold (maybe 10 or 15) to refine my gear. of course i bought golds (from gold trading if ^^) to buy my wings. Of course i bought gold (same thing ^^) to buy my mount when gold was still 125k each.

so lets see
    At most i think i bought 2000 tokens in ... 7 or 8 months... and 80 gold from gold trading ig.

I bought maybe 30 packs at all from catshop just to see if i was lucky.

How much coins it is compared to free players merchanting like robots 24/7 who use coins to buy tons of packs (there's a thread about 3024 packs bought since anni packs on this section)?

Ok you can say i contribute indirectly to the boutique but when i say i play for free i mean i use the mininum i have to.

But when i compare myself to others i don't find this kind of way to play is really enough to feed PWE even indirectly. Players like me are just an ant in the middle of all the market.

The free players who really give money (indirectly) to PWE are those who trade tons and tons of gold to open plenty of packs or try to acquire warsoul or other things i don't have in mind right now :).

conclusion : don't put all freeplayers in same category.

BTW im sorry it was far off topic but i felt i have to say that :).

Apologies, I wasn't referring directly to you. I was referring to everyone who plays this game period. No matter what, it is virtually impossible to play without adding to cash shop purchases in some form or another, at least with the current state of the game. It is true, that there are those who only access the bare minimum, but in all, everyone contributes somehow.
    I am a casual gamer, i play for a few hours once every few days. I have a HA battle cleric, and hybrid veno with pets I like(no herc/pheonix) and a BM that utilizes all four weapon classes. In addition, I don't do factions. This makes it extremely difficult to find a squad. Because of this, items like charms and upgrades are almost an absolute necessity, as I pretty much have to solo everything. My BM actually only just beat his FB19 boss recently, solo wined and at lvl 33 no less. I ended up using up 29K of my HP charm, and honestly, without it, I don't think I could have taken it at that level.
    Because I need things like charms and upgrades, I admit, spend on average about $10 a month on the cash shop for such items. This means that I, sadly, as well am a direct enabler. But that is just it; this game has gotten to that point, where you have to choose: enable either directly or indirectly, or don't play it at all. And the sad fact of the matter is, no matter how many people leave, there will always be those weeaboos and people devoid of a life outside of MMO's, who will still shell out hundreds of dollars on the cash shop to feed their introverted obsession
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ..All you people relying on the cashshop in some way no matter how small(shows you have self control anyway) should stop being so ashamed of it.
  • HeavenlyLove - Heavens Tear
    HeavenlyLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Failure PWI is what i've seen. You have said that the reason that you decreased the amount of dq and dq drops is because of the 3rd party pay for gold sides, which is not true. You have shown no proff, instead you have decided to show your greed in the fullest. There has been no problems complained about upon this subject before, until you have decdied to reduce dq prices. i'm sorry that 1 dollar for each "anni pack' is no longer sufficant for you, you have shown that greed conquers all and i will continue spreading what is obvious until you make no more money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Failure PWI is what i've seen. You have said that the reason that you decreased the amount of dq and dq drops is because of the 3rd party pay for gold sides, which is not true. You have shown no proff, instead you have decided to show your greed in the fullest. There has been no problems complained about upon this subject before, until you have decdied to reduce dq prices. i'm sorry that 1 dollar for each "anni pack' is no longer sufficant for you, you have shown that greed conquers all and i will continue spreading what is obvious until you make no more money.

*facepalm* I know it's hard to believe, but that problem is true. And, that much of bashing makes you look stupid. Just like a teenager raging to his/hers parents.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    *facepalm* I know it's hard to believe, but that problem is true. And, that much of bashing makes you look stupid. Just like a teenager raging to his/hers parents.

It's true that Gold Farming in PW-CN is a current large issue, yes. However, many points that the above poster created are in fact quite true. PWE made a big failure when they put the 20% DQ Price Reduction into PWI without any compensation to begin with. This creates 20% less coin in the market, creating a larger inflation, as well as 20% less coin in everyone's pockets (Even merchants for that matter, as if everyone has 20% less coin to spend, they won't be able to spend as much on items, etc).

Thus, PWE has failed greatly. 2 months since we we're promised compensation, with still to this day nothing has been done. It's only logical for a player that plays free off the servers (Such as yourself - at least stated in the sig), that these players will be the ones hit the hardest, and angered the most. Even if they didn't directly state "Please buy more Zen from us to support leveling, doing dalies, and doing things that everyone once could do without having to spend money.", with this DQ price drop they stated that clearly. If you read up in this thread on other pages, you will see my lengthy posts stating very clearly why this is such a bad thing, and why to not trust PWE from past experiences, as well as what this and other things have done to the current game.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    As they say, "If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing properly."

Seems like this logic doesn't necessarily apply to some people. The coin farming on CN was a problem, and nobody here has denied that. What we have said is that dropping DQ prices by 20% was the 'easiest' way of doing this with the least amount of effort and as such, has made us suffer for a problem we never had.

The issue is more so with the fact that the DQ nerf (which probably couldn't have been averted nor left for a later patch) was introduced and no compensation made in the amount of time it should have been made in. At this point, any compensation is already too late. (You can tell that it's already too late because many people have resigned themselves to saying that the multiple x2 events were the compensation for this, even though GMs have stated multiple times this wasn't the case. This theory also ignores the fact the drop in price is permanent, so how can you figure a very not-permanent event was compensation for this? Go figure.)

At this point, many of us have resigned ourselves to the fact this seems like the company is holding out for as long as possible in the hopes we'll just forget this issue and let it slide. A tactic not uncommon for PWE it would appear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thus, PWE has failed greatly. 2 months since we we're promised compensation, with still to this day nothing has been done. It's only logical for a player that plays free off the servers (Such as yourself - at least stated in the sig), that these players will be the ones hit the hardest, and angered the most. Even if they didn't directly state "Please buy more Zen from us to support leveling, doing dalies, and doing things that everyone once could do without having to spend money.", with this DQ price drop they stated that clearly. If you read up in this thread on other pages, you will see my lengthy posts stating very clearly why this is such a bad thing, and why to not trust PWE from past experiences, as well as what this and other things have done to the current game.

I never denied that his/hers post was incorrect. It was just so full of QQ it should have never been posted.

And yes, I'm a free player. It means that I don't directly support the game by spending real money. However, I'm a merchant and I buy gold from Gold Trading. The most gold I've bought in a week was 250 gold, and once I bought around 140 gold in a day. That's the way I support the game. Anyway, that's kinda offtopic. I don't like the fact that they nerfed the DQ price, but I've moved on already. The only DQ items I get are from BHs, and when I get more coins from those than I use to teleport to dungeon, I'm fine. If you think that grinding DQ is a good way to make money, you're doing it wrong in my opinion. In most MMOs, the reason why mobs drop valuable items is that you can repair your stuff and use pots while grinding. It's not the main reason to grind. It's just there to bring more money to economy and eventually to **** it so bad that everything costs too much for a free player. It was no different for this game until the BHs were introduced. They needed another coin flood, and it's called "10m big notes".
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.