State of the Game - DQ Price

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ahhao wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like they care about this as they have more pressing issues at hand. Lets face it, we're not getting any 'fix' for this.

True. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just unsticky this and move on, pretty sure most of us don't care about the compensation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just unsticky this and move on, pretty sure most of us don't care about the compensation...

Its more accurate to say most people have given up any hope of compensation.
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I care, and as long as one person cares this will NOT GO AWAY!!!!!
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MilliaEmblem - Sanctuary
    MilliaEmblem - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    MMORPG Life Cycle:

1)Attract large player base,
    2)Proceeds to **** it up for monetary gain once it had acquired said player base,
    3)Uses GMs as scapegoats to give excuses/cover up for whatever problems that arise,
    4)Pull the Plug/Leave it to rot when there is no further potential monetary gain.
    5)Focus on new products and repeat #1~5

We are all masochits to be still waiting for this compensation.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    MMORPG Life Cycle:

1)Attract large player base,
    2)Proceeds to **** it up for monetary gain once it had acquired said player base,
    3)Uses GMs as scapegoats to give excuses/cover up for whatever problems that arise,
    4)Pull the Plug/Leave it to rot when there is no further potential monetary gain.
    5)Focus on new products and repeat #1~5

We are all masochits to be still waiting for this compensation.

Ha ha so true
    Say about ****, i think many people these days become **** on certain ways . .
    Especially times when we become ignorant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I care, and as long as one person cares this will NOT GO AWAY!!!!!

That's what I thought when they removed the genie resets after changing around the skills.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • estehector
    estehector Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The TW change effects every guild that regularly participates in TW or wishes to at some point down the road. This affects mostly the higher level players.

The DQ nerfing effects mostly the lower level players who don't have an alternative mean to make coins... events, farming green and gold mats, merchanting, etc...

Once you get to the point where you're doing higher BH and Hyper Frost, DQ isn't going to matter much to you.

O.o says the member of the big faction owning every land in server I guess.

I'm lvl 80 and I'm still getting Dq items but I get 20% less coins off of them now, thanks to stupid decisions. I mena let's think in the ppl who is only interested in the pure ftp game they need the coins to buy skills, gears, potions, reapirments. they dont want to buy gold or packs or that stuff just the basic to be able to play at thir level.

why didnt we get 20% drop in the price of skills, gear, potions, repairment?
    but then you have that big QQ thread cuz THE big faction wont get 300 millions each week now
  • _kaela_ - Raging Tide
    _kaela_ - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    *sigh* PWE and its lackees fail hard once again, oh well, when I get a better pc I can finally play guild wars b:victory
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm still trying to think about why did you guys introduce a problem before having a solution for it...
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    PWE continues to **** over any way to make money in game. yup. thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just a few more weeks till the new Final Fantasy comes out
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just a few more weeks till the new Final Fantasy comes out

I am so there.b:victory
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    *charges zhen*

o wait a second , no replies from GMs? nvm then

*saves money to get a new graphic card and play a real game*
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Been a couple of months now...still no news about our compensation. -.-

There are still players that care, myself of course being one of them.

I really had hoped that the devs would have done something by now that would help keep the spirit of F2P alive...but meh *shrug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Kientei - Heavens Tear
    Kientei - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well the programming may be close to, if not exactly the same in China, here, and everywhere else. Only difference would be members and language I would guess. Chances are, nothing can really be done, but they wouldn't publically admit that. Much more preferable to be continuously working on it.

Still, I'm a fairly new player, so I don't really know what it was like. In a year or two, assuming nothing like this happens again, it will affect virtually nobody but older, elite players. Otherwise known as a 'non issue'. Can't disagree with how absurd getting gold is legally though. Especially since I refuse to use a credit card for anything. No flying gourd for me. XD
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    give us some way to make money in game >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Can the GMs atleast post potential ideas being thrown around?

Better off like that than being left in the dark. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Can the GMs atleast post potential ideas being thrown around?

Better off like that than being left in the dark. b:cry

yes. i think its hilarious though that you can buy hypers with tokens!!! thanks bahahaha i can afford em now. that actually will drive gold prices down too. but now I just need LEGIT ways of farming for cash or doing a quest or somethin... so c'mon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • LostTrust - Archosaur
    LostTrust - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yes. i think its hilarious though that you can buy hypers with tokens!!! thanks bahahaha i can afford em now. that actually will drive gold prices down too. but now I just need LEGIT ways of farming for cash or doing a quest or somethin... so c'mon!

its a fictional thing we call grinding, not alot of ppl take part in this anymore.

have fun and buy hp mp POTS, not the hp mp food u will hate yourself if u do for this
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Most intriguing thing about that letter I found was the promise for 'bug fixes'. I've been hearing plans for bug fixes now for over a year. I remember when the anniversary packs first came out one of the GMs, I believe Xarfox, said that they were planning to release a bunch of bug fixes with the raging tide expansion. When it came out we got 1 bug fix: the tournament, which was promptly removed.

1 year!, I can't believe it -_- . For me, the best compensation I could get for this DQ items price reduction is to see that developers and GMs really care the game and finally fix at least the oldest bugs the game has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    still nothing... its pathetic.

Well maybe with names so :

Frankieraye

Xarfox

Kantorek

Even mods : Konariraiden, Aryannamage

anyoooooooooooooone answer the player here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will harass you until you answer this thread enough often for us to trust you!!!!
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Couldn't PWI implement a change to the coin drops as compensation to the DQ drop reduction?

PWI GMs can clearly adjust EXP, Spirit, Drop multipliers.

If they can do this for coin drops, that could be a solution that they can independently implement rather than rely on PW CN implemented solution?

If they were to do such a thing, perhaps an adjustment to something between x 1.0 to x 1.2?

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This just popped up in another thread and I figured I'd post it here:

"As for the DQ price change. I know we've been promising something for a while, but because its a set change for China, we have taken upon ourselves to come up with a new system. While I can't dive into any details, it will take some time to develop. Whether you choose to believe we are working to provide our players with better gameplay is up to everyone's individual judgment. I'm just trying to let everyone here know that we are actually doing things behind closed doors here. We as PWE employees, take it personally when we are accused of "not caring" for our players."

That was from Kantorek

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=835102&page=4
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010

"As for the DQ price change. I know we've been promising something for a while, but because its a set change for China, we have taken upon ourselves to come up with a new system. While I can't dive into any details, it will take some time to develop. Whether you choose to believe we are working to provide our players with better gameplay is up to everyone's individual judgment. I'm just trying to let everyone here know that we are actually doing things behind closed doors here. We as PWE employees, take it personally when we are accused of "not caring" for our players."

That was from Kantorek

acording to that GM post , make everyone quit the game is an intended change
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    None of the above examples you gave are bugs.

-DQ price nerfed - Intended change.well if something is done nice
    -x2 event but no drops - Not controlled by devs. This is a free, no cost event we provided to you, the players. ridiculous demand! lack of x2 drop is not a real problem
    -Nv made harder and impossible to BB - Increased difficulty is an intended Change.
    -3-1,3-2,3-3 made IMPOSSIBLE for a 9X squad - Increased difficulty is an intended change. go in TT and finish!! youll see its not intented at all for PWI (maybe PW-CN but not PWI)
    -TW made useless - New system is an intended change. for rank 9 of course. That won't change
    -Horrible chat system - If you're referring to the large font, you can scale down the size in the systems settings > UI window. Also, intended change.

Just because a change in the game does not align with your desires, does not mean that it is a bug. There are a lot of mmo's I've played that made changes I did not agree with. I did not consider them a bug. I just had to change my play style.

As for the DQ price change. I know we've been promising something for a while, but because its a set change for China, we have taken upon ourselves to come up with a new system. While I can't dive into any details, it will take some time to develop. Whether you choose to believe we are working to provide our players with better gameplay is up to everyone's individual judgment. I'm just trying to let everyone here know that we are actually doing things behind closed doors here. We as PWE employees, take it personally when we are accused of "not caring" for our players.

My thoughts in red!
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hmmmmm it seems 90 days 6 hours and 57 minutes have passed since this thread was posted...and yet nothing? *listens to ball bounce on ground?* Or is this still being talked to with the devs? If the latter then the devs can't do very much very fast can they?
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010

That was from Kantorek

Am I the only one wondering why GM responses are being pasted into the correct threads by players rather than GMs? This is I think the fourth time I've seen this in the last week or so.

If you care, can't you take 2 minutes to copy your post and update the actual stickied threads so that we don't miss out on any relevant replies or have to go digging through all the threads on the forum to find your buried posts.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Here is the State of the Game:

- There will not be any kind of dq compensation.
    - Bugs will never be fixed, only more will be added.
    - TW and UI changes will remain because the devs say so.
    - Gold prices are too high and will remain so, because putting a price limit cap on gold would just make too much sense.
    - Our opinions and suggestions mean nothing.

That right there isn't trolling or qq'ing. Those are facts, which have already been proven.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    - Gold prices are too high and will remain so, because putting a price limit cap on gold would just make too much sense.

Hard cap on the gold prices = people selling gold outside the auction house.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.