State of the Game - DQ Price

Comments

• skyte325
    skyte325 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I read the past few pages, and didn't see any mention of this. But what if they turned 2x Drops on. I know that would mean a flood of drops, and equip prices would maybe drop. Our updates are stuck at being whatever the Chinese version gets, and its been said that to change something would make it a different game. Since 2x Exp/Spirit has been going on the past few months, disappearing for a bit every now and then, why haven't we seen the 2x Drops on?

Even if it wasn't 2x, maybe find a way to do 1.5x for the drops. Since the quality(price) was lowered, I think it'd make sense to increase the quantity.
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So Dq price is so in the past, TW is on right now?
    how can everyone keep so quiet about this I understand Devs and Gms dont give a damn about it they are only paid in real life for it (lmao), but the ppl who play this is so happy with that stupid event that forgot about this epic fail decision.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The DQ price compensation is this patch that screwed things over.

Thanks, we totally wanted something like this!
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Frankie might be a bad time to ask but any word on DQ? lets not forgot that too. How long has it been? months......probably gonna be the same with TW. Just dont care it seems to majority of the player base and that sucks

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9462182&postcount=18

Hah, no it's not a bad time to ask a very legit question. We've not forgotten about DQ, I promise.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9462392&postcount=21
  • whantplay2
    whantplay2 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    - DQ + Token = b:bye free to play
    perfectworldcommy.blogspot.com
  • Clavier - Dreamweaver
    Clavier - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well I was farming on this noob toon and another I have, and found out that drop rates have been decreased around plume ether raging tide lost and Arch. Used to be a relatively good drop rate on items, but now, its nothing, or coin.

Maybe thats the compensation they're talking about b:cry

I have a great idea as far as some form of compensation that we could get, that would make everyone happy.

REMOVE REPAIR COSTS.

Its a non essential blip in this game, really only a money pit, and no other PWE game has a repair bill. this would make it easier for players who dont have the money to pay into this game all the time to play it and enjoy it. Barbs and other tanks then wouldn't have to stress their repair more than their charms, and it would bring somewhat happy integration back into the game.

Please, GM's help us We're trying to enjoy your game but you're not letting us PLEASE
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [...] help us We're trying to enjoy your game but you're not letting us PLEASE

Wow I think that right there sums up pages upon pages of threads for almost a year o.o

I like the idea of removing repair costs. Don't see it happening but it sure is a nice thought.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I am flabbergasted that you guys don't percieve the DQ price drop (amongst other things, such as nerfing TW pay) as a strategy PWE are using to squeeze as much profit as possible out of its customer base. It is unlikely that the CCEs have any interest in games or gaming whatsoever. The game is a tool to yield profit. Any company will attempt to maximise that yield. Every week they probably discuss what methods they can use to wring out more profit.

You are being shouldered into cashshopping for your essential items (charms, guardian scrolls). To me this seems glaringly obvious. I imagine they hope to really milk the PW customers before the release of FW.
  • konohasenseii
    konohasenseii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    is it really that hard just get DQ prices back to original ones? b:surrender
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They just want to give us something else to QQ about, since seems like nobody there cares to give us an answer.

I am not saying that they are not working on it, or that they are, sine I have no proof to state any of the above, but then again, not even giving us a weekly update on this, c'mon, How hard is it to come to this thread and post a "Working on it guys, sorry for the delay" or a "The request has already been raised to our xxx department, please wait, you know we love you" is?

Hell, I wish I was taken care of that way, at least as a placebo, even if their last post on the thread was "I am sorry guys, the big departments said no, therefore, the DQ prices will stay the same, but this is just a battle, not the war, I will keep on fighting for better content and rewards for our players, since, after all, you all are what keep me going"

Down to this point, we are still asking for a compensation, but c'mon, what we really want is the decency of the truth said to us face to face.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I am not saying that they are not working on it, or that they are, sine I have no proof to state any of the above, but then again, not even giving us a weekly update on this, c'mon, How hard is it to come to this thread and post a "Working on it guys, sorry for the delay" or a "The request has already been raised to our xxx department, please wait, you know we love you" is?

Hell, I wish I was taken care of that way, at least as a placebo, even if their last post on the thread was "I am sorry guys, the big departments said no, therefore, the DQ prices will stay the same, but this is just a battle, not the war, I will keep on fighting for better content and rewards for our players, since, after all, you all are what keep me going"

Down to this point, we are still asking for a compensation, but c'mon, what we really want is the decency of the truth said to us face to face.
    +10,000,000

I'm very very close to just PM-spamming Frankie until I hear something. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They just want to give us something else to QQ about, since seems like nobody there cares to give us an answer.

I don't think I could have said it better... I've started to notice a change in the language of the Patch Notes. "Dungeons:
    To battle farming, boss behavior in..."
    ... is what I'm referring to Is farming not the essence of an MMORPG? Farm for materials to craft epic equipment, or farm for the equipment itself!
    And yet drop rates are being toyed with (ultimately reduced), drop values are being reduces (DQ), and bosses are being made overly hard (Nirvana is awful now).
    I find it harder and harder to disagree with people muttering that Perfect World wants to force its player base to spend money for even basic costs like repairs, potions, etc.
    Prove them wrong! Do what you promised and compensate us. If you can't raise drop values. . . what about a 20% reduction in repair costs? If you don't want to lose the coin sink. . . You'll have to get creative. But please let us know what's up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't think I could have said it better... I've started to notice a change in the language of the Patch Notes. "Dungeons:
    ... is what I'm referring to Is farming not the essence of an MMORPG? Farm for materials to craft epic equipment, or farm for the equipment itself!
    And yet drop rates are being toyed with (ultimately reduced), drop values are being reduces (DQ), and bosses are being made overly hard (Nirvana is awful now).
    I find it harder and harder to disagree with people muttering that Perfect World wants to force its player base to spend money for even basic costs like repairs, potions, etc.
    Prove them wrong! Do what you promised and compensate us. If you can't raise drop values. . . what about a 20% reduction in repair costs? If you don't want to lose the coin sink. . . You'll have to get creative. But please let us know what's up!

+10

I mean dear god. It's been ****ing forever now and STILL NO UPDATE! NO INFORMATION!! NO CLUES THAT EVEN HINT AT ANYTHING COMING SOON.

Holy **** guys, get your heads out of you asses and support the customers for a change, instead of supporting the damn company's wallet.

I know GM's don't make the actual changes, but we get NO IMPRESSION at all that you are even trying to help us out here. The role of the GM is Customer Support. You're the middleman between us and the company.

What's really sad is that the GM's don't appear to actually read these posts so we just rant for each other to hear ourselves rant.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010

^ Could not agree more, after all been pushing for 5 weeks now for some sort of answer, and now that it has been 2 months since thier last offical response i doubt that they every will, but come on frankie post something let us know what is going on, you got all the new games up and lauched lets have some news now.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheBishSlap - Lost City
    TheBishSlap - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    soooooo.......
    anything happening about this yet?
    im jahailad and i cant change my avatarQQ
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hum the more I read the more I feel Like I have seen this somewhere. Oh yeah IMVU, 4 year ago I started to chat on IMVU at that time the company was growing still and the TOS was very flexible. Then came the 1st brick in there wall, they change the way people could interact. That was not like very much, and trust me there were many 150+ pages in the forum that flame everyone there. They keep changing the system claiming many legal protection aspect. The best one was the Access pass for adult. For 20$ on your credit card you could now kiss, touch and much more. Then 8 month later they claim that children got Access pass and because of that they had to restrict Adult to not touching etc... Well I start keep an eye on the IMVU network. And I still read the same 150+ pages today 2 years after. But the big point was that 2 years ago they had 300k people online all the time. Now if they break the 100k there lucky.

A good game is rare but keeping it alive means you have to open your ears. Consumer grow whit the game and humans don't like change. Less people would probably complain if nothing was done to slow farming, cause many would not even know it's going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Gosh, how long i have forgotten those things . . b:shocked
    When i still think of those things, PW is a very boring game b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I think the problem with this is the fact that frankie has come in given us those kinds of worded updates before, and then was met with flames for it. What's the point in continuing to give a placebo if the effects simply cause unnecessary negative side effects? No point in posting such things if all they do is spark whiny rage.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Its interesting to note that PWI must think its entire player base are mindless morons to not not pick up on what they are doing. You said it perfectly how its all there in very little subtle changes and hints in the wording. We have already received our response with the latest patch destroying one of the most long standing sources of player revenue in perfect world Territory wars. This was said to have been done to reduce the price of gold and yet (insert handy bit of misdirection) here we have the new bidding hall. This shiny new feature will allow players with reduced ingame income and coin flow to bid outlandish amounts of gold for virtual items. Just today there was a bid of 90 gold for 30 pigments. Do the math. With most sources of ingame player income reduced or removed who wins and who loses in this situation? We already have our answer.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    2nd QQ............

This DQ stuff is dragging on long. Give it another year and people will stop caring.

Me, I will never stop caring about something like that!, a different thing is that I surrender and resing to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a little sad the more recent TW thread has 182 pages to date, and that after much more time this one only has 27 pages. Perhaps the majority of players don't mind the 20% reduction in DQ values. Still, I can only urge Perfect World to not ignore it's minorities.

PS: Fix your UI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    zomfgchat.gifEuphy: It's a little sad the more recent TW thread has 182 pages to date, and that after much more time this one only has 27 pages. Perhaps the majority of players don't mind the 20% reduction in DQ values. Still, I can only urge Perfect World to not ignore it's minorities.

PS: Fix your UI.

totally agree in my opinion TW changes affect to the members of 2-3 big rich faction per server in some server to 1 faction only that own everything, DQ nerf affects everyone but seems like much ppl dont care, more reason for the GMs to dont even bother to give us a straight answer
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    From the TW change thread :
    Hey guys,

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

-Kantorek

Can you explain to all of us how you can have the power to change and tweak the modifications to the TW system made recently, but not be able to change the modifications made the the DQ value?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    From the TW change thread :

Can you explain to all of us how you can have the power to change and tweak the modifications to the TW system made recently, but not be able to change the modifications made the the DQ value?

lol, good point b:chuckle

There are an overwhelming number of good points in the TW thread about all the recent changes and the state of the game in general... seems like it became the catch-all thread for awhile... I've read all 190 pages b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    totally agree in my opinion TW changes affect to the members of 2-3 big rich faction per server in some server to 1 faction only that own everything, DQ nerf affects everyone but seems like much ppl dont care, more reason for the GMs to dont even bother to give us a straight answer

The TW change effects every guild that regularly participates in TW or wishes to at some point down the road. This affects mostly the higher level players.

The DQ nerfing effects mostly the lower level players who don't have an alternative mean to make coins... events, farming green and gold mats, merchanting, etc...

Once you get to the point where you're doing higher BH and Hyper Frost, DQ isn't going to matter much to you.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The TW change effects every guild that regularly participates in TW or wishes to at some point down the road. This affects mostly the higher level players.

The DQ nerfing effects mostly the lower level players who don't have an alternative mean to make coins... events, farming green and gold mats, merchanting, etc...

Once you get to the point where you're doing higher BH and Hyper Frost, DQ isn't going to matter much to you.

they still matter a lot to me ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010

As a mage I didn't have lot of opportunities to earn coin. Just grinding and selling DQ or gear +BH of course. So DQ price is also important for high-lv. mages. Especially now when they are not necessary for anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well in that case, all I can really say is to keep an eye out for wraith attacks and secret letters.

b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a little sad the more recent TW thread has 182 pages to date, and that after much more time this one only has 27 pages. Perhaps the majority of players don't mind the 20% reduction in DQ values. Still, I can only urge Perfect World to not ignore it's minorities.

One big difference between this issue and the TW changes is that on this one, they at least admitted that the rationale was based on gold farming issues on the Chinese servers and that it really didn't make sense for us. For TW, they offered nonsensical justifications that just didn't hold up to scrutiny. I think as much as people are unhappy about the changes themselves, they're even more unhappy about the responses, and that's why you've seen such outrage.
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Doesn't seem like they care about this as they have more pressing issues at hand. Lets face it, we're not getting any 'fix' for this.