State of the Game - DQ Price

Options

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Oh, fraaaaankie... >_> What's the news?

What's going on? Is it just being bogged down in negotiations? Are the devs just being slow about it? Or has nothing been decided yet?

C'mon frankie, we can handle the truth. And we can appreciate it, too, because if you keep giving us "we're working on it" over and over and over, we're gonna be forced to conclude that you're not. -_-

I understand that some of the orders come from higher than you... and I understand there's a lot of closely guarded info... but come on, you can afford to give us some indication that things are actually moving along. Customers appreciate honesty, even if it's not always positive. Customers don't appreciate being strung along on what looks more and more like false hope with each passing week.

Please try to see it from our perspective. -_- Any update aside from a generic one would work wonders right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm happy if we get something in the next 6 months. No rush, just keep us informed and also tell us what you are planning. Rushing this and giving us something that doesn't compensate well is bad.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    How many more days till this thread gets unstickied and lower depthed?

DQ prices are still not compensated...GM's and the their Dev. news remain awfully quiet. b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lolwut
    How long has this been going on? come on guys wake up and take a look around you, how many people who were making a fuss are still kicking up a fuss now.
    People are a forgetful bunch, especially with the help for 2x events b:victory
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lolwut
    How long has this been going on? come on guys wake up and take a look around you, how many people who were making a fuss are still kicking up a fuss now.
    People are a forgetful bunch, especially with the help for 2x events b:victory
    So your logic is "hey look, X number of people have resigned themselves to the idea that PWI doesn't care... you should too!"

nty. :P I'll continue to bug frankie until we hear about this one way or another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • El_Tigre - Raging Tide
    El_Tigre - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why care about a dying game? They have other priorities now.
    Yesterday a took a bird-view of West Arch, because it may give an idea about the population on the server. We are dead!b:cry
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why care about a dying game? They have other priorities now.
    Yesterday a took a bird-view of West Arch, because it may give an idea about the population on the server. We are dead!b:cry

Agreed. The new content that is in development for this game that Frankie keeps mentioning is more than likely just more cash-shop items players will have to spend real-life money on. There's a reason why a lot of players left. And yeah, I know a lot remain as well. Why? Probably because they are either: new, oblivious as to what is going on, are still holding on to a thin thread of hope that this game will crawl from out of the toilet, use the game as a chat program to talk to their friends, are cash shoppers and don't mind spending real money on pixels, or maybe they just like being treated like dirt.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Agreed. The new content that is in development for this game that Frankie keeps mentioning is more than likely just more cash-shop items players will have to spend real-life money on. There's a reason why a lot of players left. And yeah, I know a lot remain as well. Why? Probably because they are either: new, oblivious as to what is going on, are still holding on to a thin thread of hope that this game will crawl from out of the toilet, use the game as a chat program to talk to their friends, are cash shoppers and don't mind spending real money on pixels, or maybe they just like being treated like dirt.

Or, maybe they aren't affected by the "bad" things in any way? I myself don't care about DQ price change that much, since I don't sell DQ items for money. Higher gold prices are also okay and TT mat/mining mat/mold prices are going down which means cheaper gear. The only thing what I'm concerned is the quitting players, but that happens with every F2P MMO after the "hype". I know things could be better, but since they aren't, why bother?
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

False hopes are the worst thing faithful customers can get as a reward. I am sure that most of us are ready for the harsh truth. Why delaying the inevitable? Why try to make us forget what is going on?

As for myself, I remain in PWI because of my characters and because I love the game overall... But this complete secrecy about the 'compensation' is not a good move.
    I truly wish there was more transparency. Politically correct talking should remain in the domain of business and politics, we really don't need that here.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    What's actually pretty comical, is the "compensation" is too late now. It SHOULD have came out when they nerfed the DQ prices, but instead they nerfed them anyways, with no compensation. The damage was "going" to be done, HAS already happened. What you see now is what the QQ was about.

GG PWE, you fail once more to give your customers/players what they deserve. Unless you plan to give everyone money now as well as the compensation, it's game over for this "DQ Price drop". Too bad you never learn...

When PWI finally dies, and all there is are hardcore CS's left, maybe then you'll realize your horrible mistakes. Until then, I'll keep calling you what your team is (This is for the Devs in China/Devs in the USA): Morons. b:bye

EDIT: Just for people wondering - it's almost been 2 whole months of nerfed DQ drops. I can assure you they GMs have lied and we will not get any "Compensation".
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol PWE sucks at communication and general game maintenance. b:chuckle
  • laalo
    laalo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    DQ = Doall Quit b:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So Kantorek, any news?

Nope, didn't think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Silok - Lost City
    Silok - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And to Silok, my puppy *hugs* What bothers me is the "Don't ask, don't tell policy", as seen here.

Yeah, Fishy, the "it's in development" line we've been getting regarding various things for the last year we've both played this game is pretty pathetic. I'm actually surprised people finally shut up about the issue with the bleed pet skill. Or as you mentioned, the change to decomping 3* items. I give it 6 months and most people won't even remember that DQ got nerfed or that we were promised compensation.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That or they will simply wait for the threads to die, and when one attempts to bring them back, would be incurring into necro, therefore, auto~locking the thread.

Now, back to my 3 jobs T.T I still wanna play, my -chan gear won't buy itself.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    seeing how fast they develop new cashop items every week, I find it hard to believe it's taking this long to "develop" compensation.

I thought it was odd that the 2x/3x events no longer include drops now, while they did in the past. I appreciate the 2x/3x exp/sp....but that was a really obvious opportunity to help compensate us that was nerfed.

And haider Aedrian go make $$$ so u can come back
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    <~~Is posting while cooking cleaning and ironing clothes for tomorrow, since I will have to go to my 3 jobs.

Ah, and ofc, ranting, as usual ^.^
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Perhaps the Nien and soon-to-be Celestial Tiger events are the compensation? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    b:scorn did igg buy pw out and now running things cause its starting to look like one of their games here IJSb:worried
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If that's a compensation. Then it sucks. It seems lower lvls wont have any compensation in that case.
    And what about the people in europe? That frigging nien event starts at either 1 or 6.
    at both times I prefer to sleep...+ I don't think my parents will appreciate it if I stay up for a frigging game. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Don't keep throwing around theories, guys.

If we are getting a compensation, Frankie will make it very clear what that is. It's sure taking a hell of a long time, though. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This started way back in May, the last time a GM said anything in the thread was over a month ago.

It doesn't take this long to figure out a solution for crying out loud.

I mean really. And what the hell is up with not getting 2x drops anymore with the 2x events? That might at least make things better.

What do we have to do to get something done?

On a side note, who can I start spamming at PWE? The forums and the GM's are just the low end of the management chain. Submitting tickets isn't any better. And I'm sure that I'll get banned if I dig up PWE corporate office numbers and post em here. Although I am quite certain that if their phone banks get flooded with angry players calling, something will get done.

Why do we have to riot to get simple things fixed?

I still don't see why they felt the need to change our code because of an issue on CN. The clients ARE different, which means the code is different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xorand - Sanctuary
    Xorand - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And what the hell is up with not getting 2x drops anymore with the 2x events? That might at least make things better.

It's because some "active and influential" people on the forum thought and suggested to PWI that 2x drops is not good.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options

Learn Chinese.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Spend tons of money on the game.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Spend tons of money on the game.

We do that already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well, pretty sad news really. I stopped playing when the DQ issue took effect, and here this long after still nothing has been done.

I miss some of my friends here, and it was fun to play, but I don't miss spending money on a game that doesn't seem to have our gaming experience in mind as a priority.

Perhaps when enough leave or stop spending money they'll notice. Here's hoping they actually fix things before they drive too many away.

Have fun folks, maybe I'll check back in a couple months.
  • XEnchantorX - Raging Tide
    XEnchantorX - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol you guys are blamming the wrong division its all China's fault to begin with in the first place and i have no fricking clue why it got implemented into ours and they prob gave the x2 events with out the drops as another restriction and rumor going around there gonna stop tw pay from tw in the china version if that happens imo mys well just get rid of the NA version of PWI and not let China touch Forsaken World cause as some others stated we did nothing wrong and why are we getting punished for it.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol you guys are blamming the wrong division its all China's fault to begin with in the first place and i have no fricking clue why it got implemented into ours and they prob gave the x2 events with out the drops as another restriction and rumor going around there gonna stop tw pay from tw in the china version if that happens imo mys well just get rid of the NA version of PWI and not let China touch Forsaken World cause as some others stated we did nothing wrong and why are we getting punished for it.

... Because it's easier on the programmers?

And the 2x events with the 2x drops would be because we've already had a few 2x Drops events and giving more would just **** up the economy even more.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So... Are there any new updates about this by now? There must be some programmers working with you there that are able to make some progress after 2 months right? Plz let us know... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin