DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Options

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Has anyone actually tried to PM Frankie? I've considered it myself, but haven't yet. Normally the GMs try to respond to PMs... I frequently PM'd Spoons about the gold market back in the day. -_-
    The point is, if you boycott zen, that doesn't actually fix any problem because it doesn't say "They've stopped paying zen for PWI" it would say "People aren't charging zen." Games wouldn't be specified..
    That's... not true at all. When you move Zen onto a game server, that "transaction" is shown on the site (where you're asked to pick your game and server). Are you telling me those actions taken by players are never recorded? That would be extremely idiotic, considering your own theory about them dropping PWI (how would they know to drop it if they don't know where the Zen is going?).
    They aren't likely to improve something that isn't making them any money. They're far more likely to simply shut PWI down and move onto their other games, concluding that PWI has run it's life cycle and is no longer going to bring them in cash.
    Because of one massive drop-off of Zen charging for PWI? No.

They'd say PWI has run its course if Zen charging for it starts to die off slowly and gradually... which may well start to happen if they continue taking idiotic measures like this DQ price decrease. That's a natural result of your customer base losing interest in your product/service... people start leaving slowly, and then the process accelerates when more people start thinking "hey, those guys were on to something."

That's not the same as a massive, immediate halt in sales. Those kinds of events are usually caused by one big, insufferable misstep by the company which leads their customer base to stop doing business with them until the problem is rectified. A massive halt in Zen charging would force PWI to investigate why it happened, instead of deciding on a whim "oh, everyone just suddenly lost interest in PWI, time to kill it."

Do I think a boycott would work? Hell no, because we can't talk to the majority of players through this forum. Would it accomplish the goal(s) we want? Who knows. But if it did ever happen, it would give PWE some pause.

*walks away muttering ".....ohh Fraaaankie... where aaare you"* >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    600+ UNhappy players and still countingb:cute
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That's... not true at all. When you move Zen onto a game server, that "transaction" is shown on the site (where you're asked to pick your game and server). Are you telling me those actions taken by players are never recorded? That would be extremely idiotic, considering your own theory about them dropping PWI (how would they know to drop it if they don't know where the Zen is going?).

Somebody else who doesn't get it, either...

People aren't saying "Stop buying gold." I wouldn't be arguing this point with them if they were. Instead they say "Stop charging zen."

This doesn't work because many players who play PWI also play another of PWE's games. If they were to stop charging zen completely which is what people appear to be demanding when they say boycott zen and not boycott gold then they're basically having to stop charging for any other game they want to, as well. Just for something that wouldn't work anyway.

Please for the love of cripes tell me you are starting to understand why I am arguing a boycott of zen and not boycott of gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They aren't likely to improve something that isn't making them any money. They're far more likely to simply shut PWI down and move onto their other games, concluding that PWI has run it's life cycle and is no longer going to bring them in cash.

Typically I would agree with you, however EtherSaga and JD are still running - and if they don't shut down horrendous failures like those two I doubt they'd shut down PWI.

As for the situation with the DQs, it's not the end of the world. The thing that really upsets me personally is the lack of information. It's silly that the player base should have to sit and speculate why the change was made because neither the devs nor the GMs will provide an official reason for the change.

My money is the 'combating hackers' theory, in which case I just have to sigh . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    See the bit where I underlined, and bolded.

This is the bit I was talking about.

When you actually charge zen, it doesn't say what game it goes to. So a boycott on charging zen that everybody has been crying for wouldn't work. Have you gotten that through your minuscule little brain yet? If anything needs to be moved to the newbie forums, I'd recommend you do that for yourself right now and don't come back.

In fact, you didn't even seem to read my initial post through anyway. I'll say it again and maybe it will get through this time despite your lack of IQ.

Even if people did stop charging zen (note, not charging zen and turning it to gold for PWE, but charging zen completely - maybe you've gotten the picture by now) then the company would not fix PWI but would terminate it.

It's also not off-topic because, as I've already said, a lot of people have been crying for zen boycotts in their posts. Don't cry and call me off topic just because you can't be bothered to read.

Now really, Foxy, stop posting before you hurt yourself. You can't seem to comprehend that

1) Zen boycott wouldn't work for multiple reasons - which is what my first post stated and you decided to argue with.

2) People have been crying for zen boycotts throughout this entire thread as if it would fix something. Thus making none of my posts off topic, but your arguments against me completely irrelevant.

finally i managed to provoke you to show your real colors: abusive troll that just wants a hug. what's the problem here, adolescence issues?

well back on topic: i won't invest a cant in this game anymore until we have clarification from franky if this is supposed to go live on PWI. and if it does ... well. dead horse.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok...I will say it again...KILL ONE MORE MOB!!!

I find it hard pressed to believe that the majority of the higher levels relie that much on dq drops. Hell, go to bh100 in fb99 and you get 1-4 dq's out of it = maybe 20k.

Maybe I am missing something more here but I just do not find this a huge deal.

Besides, the community always freaks out and panics about this before they even know if there is some awesome reason for them doing this. Ever think that maybe something will be put into game that would help this make sense? No...why? Because you all are panicking and acting like it is the end of the game.

For heaven's sake, who cares, kill one more mob for an extra dq and get over. Hell, get over it now, rage when it is actually implemented.

QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Somebody else who doesn't get it, either...
    I would be careful not to let your own pride on your arguments run rampant with statements like that. >_> Courtesy is a virtue. Let's not have a lack of it derail this thread.
    People aren't saying "Stop buying gold." I wouldn't be arguing this point with them if they were. Instead they say "Stop charging zen."

This doesn't work because many players who play PWI also play another of PWE's games. If they were to stop charging zen completely which is what people appear to be demanding when they say boycott zen and not boycott gold then they're basically having to stop charging for any other game they want to, as well. Just for something that wouldn't work anyway.

Please for the love of cripes tell me you are starting to understand why I am arguing a boycott of zen and not boycott of gold.
    I know exactly what you meant, not that either boycott would be plausible. But PWI is still a big money maker for PWE, as well as its flagship game. If they suddenly detected a massive lack of Zen payments going to it, they'd take it seriously and investigate why it happened.

I don't know about you, but I've never played any other PWE games and don't intend to. They just don't interest me. And judging by the very, very small number of people I've ever heard even mention those games in passing, I feel pretty certain that if people stop buying Zen, they won't care much about not being able to buy it for other games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well RedsRose, it's already quite bad here to just play your class and have fun. not talking about Perfect World Tycoon here (which is the common answer in those "how do i get money in this game w/o spending RL cash" threads)!

outside of squad-centered activities, for which you need money in most cases, there's really no reason to log in. get home from work, grind an hour or do a quest, then go to bed? what for? neither your xp bar, nor your wallet will show any progress. pointless to play if you don't play to charge zen already.

nerfing DQ isn't the cause of the problem, it's only making it worse. and it's already bad enough.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

I find it hard pressed to believe that the majority of the higher levels relie that much on dq drops. Hell, go to bh100 in fb99 and you get 1-4 dq's out of it = maybe 20k.

Besides, the community always freaks out and panics about this before they even know if there is some awesome reason for them doing this. Ever think that maybe something will be put into game that would help this make sense? No...why? Because you all are panicking and acting like it is the end of the game.

For heaven's sake, who cares, kill one more mob for an extra dq and get over. Hell, get over it now, rage when it is actually implemented.

The problem here is that many players don't enjoy farming; I suppose you do, at least enough to get your 8jun b:chuckle

I wouldn't mind if the endgame content, eg FF and otherwise weren't so worthless. HEY GUYS LET'S RUN 3-3 ONE MORE TIME! AW YUSS
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Your level 101 hence no it does not effect you because as you said you dont rely on it. dont tell me you never ever ever ever needed DQs to level your skills. its the lower level that are goin to be effected the most. ie the new players ie the future of the game ie the future profit of the company
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    finally i managed to provoke you to show your real colors: abusive troll that just wants a hug. what's the problem here, adolescence issues?
    yeah shes mean
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I suggest more QQ'n then rage quit forums..and only play ingame....woot!! b:cryb:surrenderb:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah shes mean

"she" reminds me of russiee TBH.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

i agree b:cute and i voted yes xD
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    But....but....but......we need farmers. Where else would we get our corn from? It's not like it grows on trees you know. b:angry

Pointless posts ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah shes mean

Oh no, someone was mean to me on the internet! I'm RUINED! RUINED I SAY!
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Your level 101 hence no it does not effect you because as you said you dont rely on it. dont tell me you never ever ever ever needed DQs to level your skills. its the lower level that are goin to be effected the most. ie the new players ie the future of the game ie the future profit of the company

I never said I didn't early on BUT all you need to do is kill one more mob. I do not find that a big deal. Also, I never relied on them enough for them to make a difference. I still have in my bank Dull Claws, Elemental Fragments, etc. Never npc'd and never sold...

In fact, I more call it being lazy. People have no idea how easy this game is right now...you have to create your own challenges b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2010
    Options
    Oh no, someone was mean to me on the internet! I'm RUINED! RUINED I SAY!

Runs to bedroom....hides...takes a nap......b:sad
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm just wondering why people think inflation is a bad thing? Surely it won't affect people in the long run since player-prices will adjust, but inflation is good in a GAME where there are certain NPC prices that are made easier such as:

1) Easier to cover repair costs
    2) Easier to cover potion cost
    3) Easier to cover skill cost
    4) Easier to cover gem cost (if not from packs b:cute)
    etc...

What good does deflation do? b:question

b:angry
    oyamajio wrote: »
    90% craps. It's a fail poll. It represent craps.
    Your posts represent ****.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You don't just kill 1 more mob for 1 more drop, or to make up for the lack of it. LOL. Not after Level 60.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You don't just kill 1 more mob for 1 more drop, or to make up for the lack of it. LOL. Not after Level 60.

Then kill more. Because level 60 is of course a magical number representing......blah.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You didn't notice droprates going down while leveling up? How did you level, Oracles?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You didn't notice droprates going down while leveling up? How did you level, Oracles?

Drop rates yes, but not the actual amount of money. Solandri showed me how much money he made by grinding on different levels. But yeah, if you lose 100k an hour compared to what you got earlier, it's not one mob. It's 20% (actually a bit less, not all money comes from DQ) more time consumed.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options

tis truth....60-70 8x mobs gets me around 6-7 dqs its more like 1 more cadavel pull

60-70 foxwings on my 62 bm gets me maybe 30-40 dqs hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    In fact, I more call it being lazy. People have no idea how easy this game is right now...you have to create your own challenges

this is true as well because the game has had so many screwed up updates. I did a search on reuters for my own entertainment. PWE's stock peaked sept of last year was up untill mid october and has gone down from there for the last what 6 months. what happened then? anni packs the first stupid pack. the pack that allows u to buy easy mode. just like you said this game is so easy. no the DQs are not the first nor the biggest negative change (in this case proposed change). its an accumulation of things.

It has been rumored that the dq nerf is due to hacker/bots on the chinese servers. one thing pwe should do or demand permission to do it accept or rejects changes like this (not talking about content updates but thing like this, the 3* decompose nerf, npc price increase, etc maybe even pack introductions if pw china decides those). This is not the chinese server and they do not have the same problems here. from what i can see the chinese server has a much larger population of ppl that want to get to the end and be the best by any means necessary no matter how many credits card swipes it takes or whether it means legal or illegal gaming like botting and hacking. I would say the majority of ppl here just want to play the game. Sure i could google and find all the hacks and abusable bugs and cheat to the top but i wont because I just want to play the game and not get screwed over by being punished for something someone did on another version of the game. And i think the majority of the people here are the same way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Tell everyone you know. I want to see over 1000 no votes on this thread before the Devs push this change through on us anyway. That way I can post this thread's results on every MMO news and review site around to show new players what they are getting into when dealing with Perfect World.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Tell everyone you know. I want to see over 9000 no votes on this thread before the Devs push this change through on us anyway. That way I can post this thread's results on every MMO news and review site around to show new players what they are getting into when dealing with Perfect World.

fixed.
    b:chuckle
    & sneaks in post before AdvanceZero.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options

Yes, I spent over a year using oracles to level my bm woot!!! Cause I like to waste needless coin and money...../sarcasm...

You realize I am a bm. To me it seemed drop rates stayed the same or went up..I was aoe grinding...

Did you zhen to level?? I did. Are you a bh baby?? Yes probably....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Tell everyone you know. I want to see over 1000 no votes on this thread before the Devs push this change through on us anyway. That way I can post this thread's results on every MMO news and review site around to show new players what they are getting into when dealing with Perfect World.

Ummm....

1000 versus how many that play?

I stand by my original posts. I think it is dumb to QQ and cry about 20%.

I am sorry but that is just the way that I feel. Killing one extra mob to me is not a huge thing.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Killing one extra mob to me is not a huge thing.

b:surrender

please read the last page

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    please read the last page

b:bye

This is the last page atm b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.