MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    0.062% of the people don't care?
    but that be a lie!
    b:surrender
    moar like 98%
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is just another way to make the Cash Shop hoarders even richer. >.> Now we have to grind MORE to pray to god we get more items to get more money to buy things from the people who raid the cash shop.....DQ items were my fastest way of getting cash.

Or we do without, and the people who hoard get even stronger. I'm sensing a loose-loose situation for those of us who (unlike me, because my BF loves me,) don't have a way to get anything from the CS.

AND, not to mention, now it's even HARDER to get mounts for those of us saving up DQO's. (Dragon Quest Orders...the ones that, a long time ago people used to flock to in cat shops and now are looked down upon for some reason....probably because they're so damn hard to get now.) A lot of people, believe it or not, still use the DQO's because it's a free way to get a mount that would easily cost a kid's allowance.

To someone who can spend money at the Boutique, hooray for you, it just got way easier to get rich....jerk.

To the people who can't, congratulations, you and about 20 million other players just got screwed...again. Just another reason to quit, I say.
  • Perikita - Raging Tide
    Perikita - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I stopped reading at page 15 or so... Well, I just bought a herc and yes, I charged zhen. I was thinking that maybe with the herc I can grind the money for a nix. With the 20% nerf, the nix is even farther away than it already has been. But - listen to me PWE - I am not going to put any more rl money into a game that is being destroyed wilfully.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    what me don't get is why people claim that reducing the amount of coin(s) coming into the game be somehow destroying the game?
    b:puzzled

also OneHottShot, if you remember correctly, equipment & trash non DQ items like ragged fur, potions, and that Buddha Hand thingy were the big sources of monies at level 1-5. (and merchanting manufacturing items like grease)

so in a world without DQ, one would easily get a pickaxe around level 5 or so. Then easily proceed to harvest stuff.
    xD

Source: me made a few for fun alts. (and yes they all get about 20k in less than a hour.)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I am actually surprized that gold "wtb" price just went down 100k o_o but the selling price is not going down b:surrender guess we need to wait a bit to see a change on the "wts" prices.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I am not going to put any more rl money into a game that is being destroyed wilfully.

That is what every player should do. If no one charges zen, PWE loses money, then they'd have no choice but to listen to us. If people continue to buy zen, then it's like them saying that it is ok that PWE is **** us over. PWE is hurting the majority of us players. It's only fair that we hurt them back where it will have the biggest impact: their wallets.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That is what every player should do. If no one charges zen, PWE loses money, then they'd have no choice but to listen to us. If people continue to buy zen, then it's like them saying that it is ok that PWE is **** us over. PWE is hurting the majority of us players. It's only fair that we hurt them back where it will have the biggest impact: their wallets.

I disagree with you, what I think will happen is they will shut down the game and move on to the next game. PWE has a portafolio of games, where PWI is just one of them. IF PWI starts loosing money, they will just pull the plug. PW has the upper hand, not the players.

This is almost similar to the Detroid car makers and the Unions.. the Unions thought they had the car makers over a barrel, until the car makers shut down the factories and moved them to Mexico....

In the end, PWE will just make money from other games, and congratulate themselves for having run PW for over 5 years in different markets.

Of course, all of the above is only IMO.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I disagree with you, what I think will happen is they will shut down the game and move on to the next game. PWE has a portafolio of games, where PWI is just one of them. IF PWI starts loosing money, they will just pull the plug. PW has the upper hand, not the players.

This is almost similar to the Detroid car makers and the Unions.. the Unions thought they had the car makers over a barrel, until the car makers shut down the factories and moved them to Mexico....

In the end, PWE will just make money from other games, and congratulate themselves for having run PW for over 5 years in different markets.

Of course, all of the above is only IMO.

Well...only one way to find out. b:sin
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well...only one way to find out. b:sin

with that, we can agree b:flower
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • SoulWispher - Sanctuary
    SoulWispher - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Im the number 565th to vote No

Also I would add

Fix the stupid bugs instead of pissing players off!

I had already spent 100 bucks on this game,and I was planning to spend some more this summer to get my tt70-80 gear and some nice fashione b:cute

BUT b:angry
    If that's the Dev's consideration of MY time time(Cuz less prices = more grind = more of my precious time ),I would rather keep these real money for myself and looking for somewhere else to spend my money with.

I'll stop level,I'll just log sometimes for having some funny bh run,but nothing else,this game is making me pissed really b:angry
    b:avoid Im always stealth...don't ask me why b:avoid
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I spent rl money in this game because i had the feeling it would last for some more years. That feeling is gone and from now on i will not spend rl money in this game anymore. I will continue to play the game and will still have fun playing it, but the trust is gone.
  • SoulWispher - Sanctuary
    SoulWispher - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I spent rl money in this game because i had the feeling it would last for some more years. That feeling is gone and from now on i will not spend rl money in this game anymore. I will continue to play the game and will still have fun playing it, but the trust is gone.

Yeah that was my intention too.
    I cannot spent more money on a game with such reckless Devs/GMs/Admins/or Whoever fault is.
    Especially when the decisions are not based by the actual player community but by ANOTHER community(Chinese community),seriously,we are RANK B players,Chinese are Rank A.
    b:avoid Im always stealth...don't ask me why b:avoid
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Business today in my shop has been sluggish , im guessing this is what they wanted b:angry b:angry . My assessment of this is that people are very scared of this imminent change . It is making me extremely unhappy . An unnecessary change to the game . Dont lower DQ NPC price .

I sort of see this now as a stand-off... they either continue with their plans for the decrease , or listen to the community and not go thru with it. The end result will be interesting to observe and make or break for the game now. P.S I voted no , altho i strongly feel they will carry thru with it not matter how much the community objects . Sad, so Sad b:cry . What is next if this goes thru ??
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

You really need to learn more about the real world as they didn't move the factories to Mexico and layoff all the unionized workers.GM and Chrysler almost went broke last year.They did not move any factories to Mexico.

PWE shuts down the game it is all of PWE that will be effected unless PWI is subsidizing the other PWE games like Jade Dynasty for the lack of playerbase.

Don't ever do any real world comparisons as your facts are way off.This poll doesn't reflect of the majority of the playerbase.It would be about %10 as 905 don't really come on to the boards.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • sage0nemage
    sage0nemage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've spent hundreds between my 2 level 80+ characters, but now you can no longer expect any zen purchased from me.
  • Dice_i - Sanctuary
    Dice_i - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How the heck is having LESS money (well coins) in-game supposed to be fun? Someone needs to employ a philosophy student to their dev staff obviously... or well someone who's able to think in terms of right-wrong rather than supply&demand.

BIG NO from my side.b:angry
  • VenoProwl - Raging Tide
    VenoProwl - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I voted YES.

just joking. I said NO. b:pleased

Mainly I'm still low lvled, but reading about 40+ pages made me realise that:

1) I'm still pretty awesome
    2) Both cash shoppers will be affected (less of their stuff are being bought, as less cash floating around)
    3) Both CSers and non-CSers will be pretty pissed.

What ways can WE do as a community (whether you be a merchant, grinder, rich CSer or anyone) to keep this game's high member base:

1) Boycott the buying of Zen. Don't buy it.
    2) Don't buy CS stuff from people selling CS stuff - they'll complain, and maybe the people in charge will actually listen
    3) Work hard, have as much fun as you can with whatever comes, and spend your time helping any low levels out- whether it be lvling, or just questions - the help I got with the buttons and icons stopped me from quitting b:thanks b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:
    "Clerics heal health, they still can't heal stupid."

So true. b:surrender

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    remember it is only a 20% price drop, not 100% they only losing like the money the would use to teleport. so fly

If you worked for $10 an hour, and your salary gets cut down by 20%, which is $2, your average salary goes from $1840 to $1472. $2 may not be significant, but $368 is. Apply the same analogy to DQs.

The people who are against the DQ price drop idea aren't actually QQing and complaining that the game sucks. They're giving feedback because they love the game and don't want it to go bad. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is just madness... This is even worse then raising the gold prices with packs so only RL spenders would walk around with clothes and mounts... Ok that was pretty low, sad, and a bit understandable cause poor and rich ppl should be devided like in RL... But now this?!? DQ drops are the main income for many players that don't pay-to-win here... In-game stuff like skills, pots, repairs, armors, wines for BH's and anything else we NEED so we can play the game right and to become stronger is already expensive as it it... My assasin is already 7 lvles behind on her skills and she's only 60 now... If you want to keep this up fine by me but at least compensate it with something like lowering the skill, pot, repair, armor costs or something or it'll be impossible to play this game for free any longer... Remember this isn't about luxeries anymore... This is about what we need to play, lvl or anything in the game itself... Either that or just admit you're trying to make this a undercover pay-to-play game... b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • VenoProwl - Raging Tide
    VenoProwl - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is just madness...

This is not madness...this...is...SPARTa!!! b:victory

Sorry just had to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:
    "Clerics heal health, they still can't heal stupid."

So true. b:surrender

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The only thing that this does to me is that is it going to take me longer to get what I need when I reach 90.That to will take longer as well at the rate I am lvling at.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this DQ thing is not hurting a big percent of the population. people just like to complain

you need to lvl up to 80+, alliptica. where you always have to wine your BHs and teleports are much more expensive than they're now. where you can't effectively stack your BHs anymore, because, if today's chain starts in the wrong dungeon, nobody does it.

seriously, you don't do TT to finance your daily stuff. atleast i don't. i farm DQ to make the coins i need, and if you believe that only a small part of the population is hurt, now, tell that to the 1-2 guys everyday in my squads, that "need to fly" or try to bargain the wine split fee, because they don't even carry 100k around.

if DQ are nerfed, alot of people will ragequit. i'm thinking about that too, and i don't joke. was about to switch games when they introdued the horn, then they fixed it. i am not hat far from saying "**** this". and i did spend cash on this game. not much, but a bit. so yeah, me leaving will hurt the company.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I could see them removing this from our version, but I just kinda question if it really is possible. This isn't a small chance. I know they might not have the staff that can really do this even if they want. But yeah, I still want to see what Frankie says on this.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    what me don't get is why people claim that reducing the amount of coin(s) coming into the game be somehow destroying the game?
    \

also OneHottShot, if you remember correctly, equipment & trash non DQ items like ragged fur, potions, and that Buddha Hand thingy were the big sources of monies at level 1-5. (and merchanting manufacturing items like grease)

so in a world without DQ, one would easily get a pickaxe around level 5 or so. Then easily proceed to harvest stuff.
    \

Source: me made a few for fun alts. (and yes they all get about 20k in less than a hour.)

At that rate it would take you around 200 hours to get a mount, thats just to get a mount, and not even a good one. Have fun!

oxytorch wrote: »
    Business today in my shop has been sluggish , im guessing this is what they wanted b:angry b:angry . My assessment of this is that people are very scared of this imminent change . It is making me extremely unhappy . An unnecessary change to the game . Dont lower DQ NPC price .

I sort of see this now as a stand-off... they either continue with their plans for the decrease , or listen to the community and not go thru with it. The end result will be interesting to observe and make or break for the game now. P.S I voted no , altho i strongly feel they will carry thru with it not matter how much the community objects . Sad, so Sad . What is next if this goes thru ??

Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't you the same lime green poster who said all this was just about complaining? (I could have you confused with someone else). Either way.. The game is still free if you want to never have anything of any vaule and want to be substandard.
    You really need to learn more about the real world as they didn't move the factories to Mexico and layoff all the unionized workers.GM and Chrysler almost went broke last year.They did not move any factories to Mexico.

PWE shuts down the game it is all of PWE that will be effected unless PWI is subsidizing the other PWE games like Jade Dynasty for the lack of playerbase.

Don't ever do any real world comparisons as your facts are way off.This poll doesn't reflect of the majority of the playerbase.It would be about %10 as 905 don't really come on to the boards.

NO YOU need to learn more about the real world. My father worked for Emerson Electric for 26 years. Suddenly, 6 years ago they host a meeting offering severance pay and a small margin of money to those employed a substantial amount of time because they was closing down and moving to mexico where labor was cheaper. My father after 26 years worked in the shipping department and only made 9.00 an hour. Our companies have become sell outs. It wasn't just his one company either it was several across the united states.

So if for one minute you think that they don't move the factories to mexico and lay off the common american people you need to do some research.

As far as the facts... fact is that out of the people who do come to the forums (a small controlled group) over 90% of THOSE people are not in favor of the change. Who cares if the rest of pwi doesn't vote. Those who frequent the forums HAVE voted. Which means those are the people who truly care about the existence of this game.
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lets be serious, we grind we get coins for dq items then at some point we buy stuff from a mercher that sell TT (becouse maybe we don`t want to spend time in TT whit days to farm for a complete set) then comes bh each day (wine split teles repairs = 0 gains most of the times ) then crazy stone 70k trow away, but you say hey i am gone grind for like 1h and make my coinz back for repairs and other stuff for each day and you don`t have to play 12h per day and keep shop mode weeks....just having fun in this game whit what ever you fell doing whit your char.

PS:i wonder if the hard grinders will die (doe to lost motivation to grind) to the TT mats will sell to ?????????? think again on its ok to make money be a mercher.

SAY NO to riping our fun of this game.
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this is just insulting, I applaud you dev's, way to give the finger to your playerbase. First you jam week after week of "sale" down our throughts to get our cash then you decide to sell the fb/bh wine for stupid expencive prices on top of these cash shop sales and now your taking away 20% from our dq drops when we npc them... This is just disgustingly insulting to everyone, I'd love to hear how the devs try explaining/defending this
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this is just insulting, I applaud you dev's, way to give the finger to your playerbase. First you jam week after week of "sale" down our throughts to get our cash then you decide to sell the fb/bh wine for stupid expencive prices on top of these cash shop sales and now your taking away 20% from our dq drops when we npc them... This is just disgustingly insulting to everyone, I'd love to hear how the devs try explaining/defending this

Read the post I quote (the important stuff is bolded):
    quiv wrote: »
    This is coming from PW-CN... where a friend of mine plays.. She's told me.. that server is full of bots... cant grind.. cause botters in all the spots... all over...

Its quite possible, the dev's are trying to curb the "gold/coin-farmer bots" on PW_CN by lowering the price of the DQs.

Take a look at the "anti-bot" pop-up quiz that has been triggering on the new server. That is one of their methods of dealing with this... Does it work? I dunno... Most likely not that effectively.

A loooooong time ago... well before PWI was born... one of the fastest ways to earn coin in the game was to get a werefox (veno), fully expand the inventory.. go out.. and tame mobs. Then.. once your inventory was full.. you npc the eggs. You could get 2,000-9,000 an egg. What this meant was.. there was hundreds of little bot werefoxes running around, taming mobs... And.. yes.. it was fun killing them.... or KSing them... for a while...

That is why, pet eggs.. now only npc for one coin... And oh my... there was an outrage... But.. you know what... people kept playing the game.. they started to figure out how to earn coin/gold elsewhere. They cried over nothing... and.. all but maybe a few old timers to the game will remember that fact.

I think that's the reason. Yes, it doesn't apply to our version, but it's a reason. Stupid, if I may add.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Dice_i - Sanctuary
    Dice_i - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    @ previous. What's wrong with grinding for coins? Even during double drops I always found it easy to get a spot of my own in avalanche canyon's spiders. I'd even go as far as to say bots are no problem on PWI (at least Sanctuary). Nerfing everyone's way to get money and, for classes like barbs, the thing they need to POTENTIALLY cover their repair costs, is cruel, useless (for players) and just unfair. Where it gets impossible to cover for your char's daily needs (HP mana pots, arrows etc) in a reasonable amount of time, the game stops being fun. Does anyone have listings of DQ prices before and after?b:puzzled
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    90% craps. It's a fail poll. It represent craps. You use statistical figure as if it's a toy for you to mess around with. I don't know how many players visiting this forum regularly but what I'm sure of is that there are a lot of these lurking and spying folks who don't care to post and share a single cent. They came in just to steal your good ideas and never care to give a damn about such thing as this. I only throw in 2% of what I know into this forum because I dislike these folks.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oyamajio wrote: »
    90% craps. It's a fail poll. It represent craps. You use statistical figure as if it's a toy for you to mess around with. I don't know how many players visiting this forum regularly but what I'm sure of is that there are a lot of these lurking and spying folks who don't care to post and share a single cent. They came in just to steal your good ideas and never care to give a damn about such thing as this. I only throw in 2% of what I know into this forum because I dislike these folks.

you should read your own signature some time.
This discussion has been closed.