DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'd like to hear the devs' reasion behind this - though I honestly doubt they care enough about this game to bother explaining it to the GMs.

"

It might not be the Devs that made this decision as they are based in China.It might be the management at PWI in San Francisco.Who knows maybe they need more money as to the way the US economy is still sluggish.

I don't like this idea either and I do buy zen but there are my daily expenses eg. pots
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only way to prevent even more inflation is to increase cash sinks and decrease gold hand-outs.

That might be true .. but since 10mil note > DQ items this move is a small drop in the ocean to reduce inflation ( once again thats not the reason they have done it ).

+ Gold will never drop below 200k again

+ They keep forcing the gold price up with pack after pack after pack

It might not be the Devs that made this decision as they are based in China

It is from the Dev's in China. They changed the price of DQ drops there because players were using Hacks in the Instances to gain an unGodly amount and making a fortune. So rather than fix the issue they changed the DQ prices
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Horns were not bugged, they were designed to not be filterable.

You got proof of that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_am_black - Harshlands
    I_am_black - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes, this game needs coin sinks, no one here denies that. But they're taking coin out from the wrong area, the players grinding for DQ items aren't the ones with a overabundance of coins. Coins need to be removed from the top. Hell, if you want to decrease the amount of coins into the system (as you claim lowering DQ prices will do) why don't you remove all the item/coin rewards from BH100? That's a pretty large chunk of coin be inserted into the system, and usually to people who already have a pretty decent sum of coin.

It's the cash shoppers loss, who do you think buys the Gold in AH? It's not the people who already have Gold from real life money.

Horns were not bugged, they were designed to not be filterable. People got pissed because they were designed that way. That was why they were removed.

just saying what cant be bough from the cash shop?
    edited May 2010

Players !!

Non-Cser's leave > Servers merge > CSer's get bored on 1 or 2 servers with small population > Cser's leave > Game over
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ABSOLUTE FKING BULL****.

Thanks for making me even poorer, PWI. As if I wasn't poor enough.

**** you.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010

It is from the Dev's in China. They changed the price of DQ drops there because players were using Hacks in the Instances to gain an unGodly amount and making a fortune. So rather than fix the issue they changed the DQ prices
    You sure about this if it was just hacks why not just ban the accounts using them.It could be not many were buying tiger packs or packs in general.I could of bought 50 to 60 of them but I bought battle pets pack instead to get some PFs.

^Don't feel so bad I am way off on affording my TT90 set and weapon as well as sage or demon books.I got under little over 2 mill on my cleric .
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    All you people crying about DQ prices being dropped will cry twice as hard when Zen gets to be so expensive it is no longer able to be purchased in the Auction Hall.
    Who would "cry" over something that no sane person would have bought anyway? 400k gold is flat-out insane and I haven't bought a single piece from the AH in almost a year.
    The only way to prevent even more inflation is to increase cash sinks and decrease gold hand-outs.
    You mean like the cash generated by Tokens / Big Notes that's actually the cause of all the cash in the market?

Oh wait, those are in the hands of the merchants and their very existance makes PWE obscene profits. Guess everything's a-ok then. >_>

Seriously, this is like watching a parent blame their 6-month-old immobile baby for breaking a vase when their 8-year-old is standing right there with a baseball bat. -_- It's pretty friggin' obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    You got proof of that?

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx88/calo290/header_040610_PatchNotes2.jpg

"Allows everyone to see what you say!" Not like Teleacoustics that say they allow you to speak in World Chat (which is filterable).

Also go here

Read Frankie's post, "They will be changed for the better." Not, "We're sorry they were bugged we will fix this as soon as possible."

Showing that they were designed that way and that PWI didn't realize how much that would peeve people.

And you totally ignored what I said in my post. Go back and reread it.

*Edit* Had to fix the second link
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    You sure about this if it was just hacks why not just ban the accounts using them.

Yes

Its the same reason they changed Decomping 3*
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Maybe this move isn't about the game economy at all. Maybe it's to gather up so much rage that everyone floods to the forums to complain... and results in much higher hit counts for the forum and it's advertisement value B)

*see banner ads above*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You know, for someone who grinds for my skill costs, I get really pissed at this. But really, I cannot even imagine the poor barbs with their repair costs AND pot cost, and like 1/3 efficiency in killing mobs (time-wise) how BAD it must be for them... unless of course they charge Zen or merchant.

Why do devs penalize people who play this game? b:angry
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No GM response yet at all in 38 pages of this thread...b:surrender
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx88/calo290/header_040610_PatchNotes2.jpg

"Allows everyone to see what you say!" Not like Teleacoustics that say they allow you to speak in World Chat (which is filterable).

Also go here

Read Frankie's post, "They will be changed for the better." Not, "We're sorry they were bugged we will fix this as soon as possible."

Showing that they were designed that way and that PWI didn't realize how much that would peeve people.

Actually Teles say "Speak to the whole world" and "Make your voice heard all over the world"

AFAIK there is no mention of "unfilterable" anywhere. There is also a horn chat, next to WC chat. Would you really need a horn channel if it was unfilterable?

And changed for the better includes bug fixes.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Guys how do you think people actually get money i mean coin money, selling things in the AH won't get you coin money in till it sells. The main way of getting it is dq (and now 2 tokes of best luck) if you lower the dq prices WILL drop. Really think about it how else could you get "money", like starting out in a new server, think hard now O_O comment later

to response to the post above me
    Correction it say "lets the entire server see what you've got to say" much like of a forcing type of way, i.e. unfilterable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    You can be thankfull for one thing mats/herbs haven't gone down in value.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You can be thankfull for one thing mats/herbs haven't gone down in value.

Mats are worth around the half of what they used to be.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mats are worth around the half of what they used to be.

Which, if you were to follow the "omg, pwi will die, prices are too high, new players cant play, old players are quitting to "that new game", back in September, than this is a good thing, since it will allow new players to buy mats easier, and they will stay in the game, and old players will no longer leave.... Right.... that would assume people are not just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    if it was just hacks why not just ban the accounts using them

Ask PWI's admins... I know someone who was caught botting at least 3 times, and each time he got a temporary ban for a few days. Welcome back botter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • kerb1
    kerb1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok, so... i come from another game, Flyff, you might have heard of it...
    im a high level in that game, been playing for a really long time (4 years) and own several chars.
    Devs started just like PWI, doing "improvements" for the sake of the economy, they were only throwing new cash shop items every week, but i guess thats an improvement (on their pockets... right?)
    i roughly been in PWI for around 3 weeks and let me tell ya, flyff is 80% dead, all you see are high levels with pimped gear, inflation is horrible (a legendary wep can cost up to 12 BILLION, yes thats right, BILLIONS... and GM's still wonder why people quit...) nobody will level anymore, they few newbie players get tired of being poor so fast they just quit the game in a few weeks, only the ones who can afford burning dollar after dollar stays, but even that... if nobody levels theres no new gear, nobody will hunt the bosses because everyone has superplussed legendary stuff, at most, you can buy fashion stuff, i know people with accounts full of fashion, but whats the point, flyff is sinking slowly, it tooked a few years for it to die, but PWI is so young, lots of flyff players came in here and after a few months of happy playing they stumble upon this **** decision? gimme a break.
    EDIT: i quitted flyff over year and half ago, and if you keep on **** decisions, there will be plenty of people just like me
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    OK this thread has gone on long enuff.. lets just let it die, because the admins/dev/who ever is resonsible for this just plain out dont care..
  • CoXx - Lost City
    CoXx - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Whattahell?

F2P meant to me (untill now) that you are FREE to PAY real $
    But if this goes on like that it will be something like : FORCED to PAY

Come on, be serious.... if you do thingz like that, non-cash-shoppers will probably leave, meaning that cash shoppers will leave too, having noone to own
    edited May 2010
    Whattahell?

F2P meant to me (untill now) that you are FREE to PAY real $
    But if this goes on like that it will be something like : FORCED to PAY

Come on, be serious.... if you do thingz like that, non-cash-shoppers will probably leave, meaning that cash shoppers will leave too, having noone to own

Three words:

Chest of coins

Cash shoppers do not need non-cash shoppers in order to turn their gold into coins, if they really want.

Also, this will actualy hurt the cash shoppers more than the non-cash shoppers since gold prices are dictated by the people that buy gold with in-game coins, since they are the ones that decide how many coins the gold is worth for them to buy. Less money flowing to non-cash shoppers means they will be willing to spend less coin to buy gold.

@Kirb1: PW has been around for years, just not in North America. Don't be fooled by the perception that this game is "new".
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    kerb1 wrote: »
    Ok, so... i come from another game, Flyff, you might have heard of it...
    im a high level in that game, been playing for a really long time (4 years) and own several chars.
    Devs started just like PWI, doing "improvements" for the sake of the economy, they were only throwing new cash shop items every week, but i guess thats an improvement (on their pockets... right?)

Interresting... Did you knew that two of PWI's admins that were (and probably still are) here since the beginning of PWI were also involved in that game you are writing about?

History repeats itself....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    oyamajio wrote: »
    It was meant as a joke but you didn't seem to get it. But well if that's the case...
    Do I really need to start sprinkling [/sarcasm] tags? I personally just don't think they're very clever or witty, so I don't use them.

Oh, not that it matters, but I live in British Columbia. Our government-monopoly power company is called "B.C. Hydro" for a reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • kerb1
    kerb1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Interresting... Did you knew that two of PWI's admins that were (and probably still are) here since the beginning of PWI were also involved in that game you are writing about?

History repeats itself....

Dude... no efin' wonder.... we once at flyff forums, did a little research on Gala-net (american devs of FLYFF, since flyff its a korean mmo)
    It turns out... Gala-net is labeled as one of the WORST companies in the fields of online games, community management and customer support.
    I had a HERO blade (most expensive class and also HERO level is the highest level) my gear worth quite a bit and i had easy 7bil to spend on that sole char (yes, BILLIONS) and yet, i quit the damn game because of the **** decisions and customer support, even the Cash shop items had bugs and for getting customer support, you had to submit a ticket and from one to 3 months on getting a reply... this sucks, PWI should look into the resume of its staff more closely
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    QQ b:surrenderb:cry
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:avoid omg next post will be 40 pages of rage b:shocked b:angry b:shutup
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
    edited May 2010
    b:avoid omg next post will be 40 pages of rage b:shocked b:angry b:shutup

Not next post, the one after that I think it will be though
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Not next post, the one after that I think it will be though

Opening the 40th page of QQ rofl x_x;;; b:shockedb:sadb:cry

OK ok now this is the 40th b:shocked 480 "No" and counting o_o !!!
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
This discussion has been closed.