DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Options

Comments

• WebbiDK - Dreamweaver
    WebbiDK - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    As already mentioned 100's of times - dropping the price of DQ items is un-reasonable.

Last night I was grinding in 1 area for an hour & obtaining moderate to heavy drops from all mobs. Today, after maint; grinding in the same area resulted in "zero" drops from mobs.

Did they also remove drops from mobs by 20%??
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "when tard pick up their favorites, there's no way to stop." Period.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oyamajio wrote: »
    The fact that someone doesn't believe doesn't make it any less true. But anyway I care less about it because I have this stronger belief- enjoy yourself while you can, lol

Are you saying that life is short? Anyways, the U.S. is so behind on recycling, and many european countries are doing it especially Germany. We use more energy than any other country in the world, which is bad.

On topic, I think that DQ drops prices shouldnt be dropped because I want that extra money for repairs and pots. That is all.
  • Acky - Harshlands
    Acky - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Believing in global warming is like beleiving to the fact that once Earth will be freed from humans. b:chuckle But yeah, testing the concept behind global warming theory isn't hard.

Isn't it a fact that 1 billion years from now earth atmosphere wont support human life, 2 billion years from now there wont be any water left on the planet and approximately 5 billion years from now the sun will turn into a red giant destroying the earth we live on?

hence sooner or later earth will be totally human free..
    ..patiently waiting for fashion made for White Tigers to become available in the pwi boutique...
  • TinyHeart - Heavens Tear
    TinyHeart - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    like everyone else has said, this has no real rhyme or reason to it other than to peeve off the ppl that truely need DQ items to pay for repairs, pots, weps, and armor. Then others use DQ money to buy mention fash or other items that others by with real money. So dropping DQ prices will in fact make it worse because people wont buy items with real money because people wont have money to spend on those very same real money items. In all honestly, this seems to be complete ignorance of consequences by reducing DQ item price. Either that or I am missing something. Just my two cents on the issue.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Isn't it a fact that 1 billion years from now earth atmosphere wont support human life, 2 billion years from now there wont be any water left on the planet and approximately 5 billion years from now the sun will turn into a red giant destroying the earth we live on?

hence sooner or later earth will be totally human free..

All that (exept the sun thing) will happen in a few hundreds of years at this rate So basically we are just hastening the natural progress.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ain't it ironic how the company name is named after the game that's dying? Or is that foreshadowing?

Anywho, ya I'm glad I'm not a new player else I would say **** this game. In my eyes this is just a bad move. That is all I have to say.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Thedarkburst - Raging Tide
    Thedarkburst - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wat it took for me to get a dumb herc i coulda spent and or saved for my next semester or my other dead game b:laugh

lol this is my third post :o
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ain't it ironic how the company name is named after the game that's dying? Or is that foreshadowing?

Anywho, ya I'm glad I'm not a new player else I would say **** this game. In my eyes this is just a bad move. That is all I have to say.

Well, with a name like Perfect World, they can always use it for some hippie/peace/save-the-world scheme, right?

And to stay on topic:
    The change pretty much made grinding worth even less. This drops DQ91s to what, 3,000 coins? That's pretty pathetic, considering the cost of things at this level, plus the general rarity. Oh well, I suppose they'll wait a few months, then put another x2 event and have people going bat**** crazy about the supposed awesome.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    less dq money = less coins in game overall. atm it looks terribad, but afterwards it will lead to reducing gold price.
    to who will zen buyers sell the gold if there are not so much coins in game overall ? they will be forced to lower the gold price. please keep on mind that ppl dont keep coins they earn. that money is also going in their investments.
    pw ml gold is at 1mil. did u know their obsession with dq items ? yea...
    btw stop "GM" hate cuz its not their fault. it sounds silly. its the dev's fault, if there is any "fault" at all. also i believe that its not in the best interest of PWE to loose great amount of players that started playing cuz its not pay-to-play. i really dont believe there is someone who is making decisions "just-like-that". they thought through about this one.
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    less dq money = less coins in game overall. atm it looks terribad, but afterwards it will lead to reducing gold price.

People need to take their blinkers off. You aren't right when you say this.

People don't buy gold by sitting farming nothing but DQ. The major players in the gold market merchant for their coins. They are high level players with a source of income that doesn't involve DQ. They aren't going to give a care if DQ prices are dropped because they stopped being reliant on that form of income a long time ago.

Stop saying **** like this when it's so blatantly untrue. Gold prices aren't going to drop to make up for the DQ price nerf because (in case you missed it the first time) the main players in the gold market don't recognise DQ as a valid income for gold trading. You only need one million coins before you never need to grind DQ again.

What this hurts most is the new players.

Please get it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    People need to take their blinkers off. You aren't right when you say this.

People don't buy gold by sitting farming nothing but DQ. The major players in the gold market merchant for their coins. They are high level players with a source of income that doesn't involve DQ. They aren't going to give a care if DQ prices are dropped because they stopped being reliant on that form of income a long time ago.

Stop saying **** like this when it's so blatantly untrue. Gold prices aren't going to drop to make up for the DQ price nerf because (in case you missed it the first time) the main players in the gold market don't recognise DQ as a valid income for gold trading. You only need one million coins before you never need to grind DQ again.

What this hurts most is the new players.

Please get it right.
    New players dont make money
    New players dont buy from merchants
    Merchants dont make money
    Merchants dont buy gold
    Gold sellers dont have buyers

Look at the food chain and see how it all works
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i really dont believe there is someone who is making decisions "just-like-that". they thought through about this one.

Lol Find out WHY the drops were changed in PW-CN, it has nothing to do with whats good for inflation and more to do with > The Devs couldnt be bothered to fix the problem so went for the easy option.

So yeah they might not be making decisions " just like that " but they are also not thinking them through.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you should apply for a job in some big corporation when u are so smart.
    "overall" is the key word. *bonk*
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I;m totally against it.

I dont need gold as I dont consume boutique items. I need my coins for the other things that have fixed price and to buy TTmats.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sooooo... when are we gonna get a GM response on the nearly 450 people who want PWE to reverse this terrible idea? -_-

EDIT: 450 exactly, now. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Of course the merchanters with their fail real-life economic "theory" always ignore the price of pots, repairs, skills, and other coin sinks, because hey they have enough to afford those, who cares about the lowbies who struggle with grinding?
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sooooo... when are we gonna get a GM response on the nearly 450 people who want PWE to reverse this terrible idea? -_-

/InB4

" Sorry guys we have spoken to the Dev's and as much as we and they value the players concerns we will be unable to change this "
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    New players dont make money
    New players dont buy from merchants
    Merchants dont make money
    Merchants dont buy gold
    Gold sellers dont have buyers

Look at the food chain and see how it all works

Fail.

New players don't really buy from merchants either. That would be the players who already have a lot of money buying tiger packs/SoF/Nix Feathers/insert object of value here who feed the merchants coin.

I don't have level 20 players buying my tokens or my packs. I have level 8x people doing that - people who aren't grinding DQ to make their money.

Maybe you should look at the food chain, yourself. The things that most people merchant are beyond the needs of a level 20 player, thus the new players don't buy from merchants. So, hate to say, your chain there is completely wrong.

New players don't make money.
    New players quit.
    Merchants carry on making money, selling to the high levels who don't grind DQ any more
    Merchants carry on buying gold
    Gold prices stay the same.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There was a poll like this for anni packs to go away aswell. It probably got over 450 votes saying that they want packs gone - well you can now see the result.

The sole purpose of this thread is just to contain all the rage and stop the forum being spammed.

In a week it'll die down, people will accept the change and that'll be that.
    I don't have level 20 players buying my tokens or my packs. I have level 8x people doing that - people who aren't grinding DQ to make their money.

Where do the 8x get their money from then?

It doesn't affect high levels as much because of 10m bank notes, but I think DQ does affect merchants, whatever the level.

I know for sure that at 6x and 7x I was getting a ton of cash from DQs (yay bats), and spending that cash on TT80 mats which were supplied by 8x people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    axt57 wrote: »
    There was a poll like this for anni packs to go away aswell. It probably got over 450 votes saying that they want packs gone - well you can now see the result.

The sole purpose of this thread is just to contain all the rage and stop the forum being spammed.

Horns did get removed with all that QQ. This is more like the horn issue instead of Anni pack issue in my opinion.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Airyll wrote:
    New players don't make money.
    New players quit.
    Merchants carry on making money, selling to the high levels who don't grind DQ any more
    Merchants carry on buying gold
    Gold prices stay the same.
    But what happens after that?

New players quit.
    Casual players don't make money.
    Casual players quit.
    Merchants start to see steady decline in sales.
    Finally, only "serious," "pro" and very high-levels remain. Whether they choose to stay is a result of how hard-headed they are on keeping their "investments" into a game with no one left to brag to about them.

Obviously this single event won't be the cause of all this, but it'll speed it all up.
    axt57 wrote:

The page still says "subject to change." As long as that's the case...

...and I don't remember that thread getting 450 votes, either. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Mingan - Raging Tide
    Mingan - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    stupid idea -.-
    Every game I play/ed turned offline or something ruins the game... I hate it.
    I found some people here which I really like and I have fun with them... so thanks pwi if THIS sh... happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh sweet insanity...
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    to who will zen buyers sell the gold if there are not so much coins in game overall ? they will be forced to lower the gold price. please keep on mind that ppl dont keep coins they earn. that money is also going in their investments.
    lolol I'm tired of hearing this.

Even increasing 20% of dq price won't result in a significant inflation in prices, if even noticeable. It used to be the source of coin but not anymore. Now things like Best Tokens of Luck (and 10 million big note exchange of course) and TW pays are far far far more influencing the market than DQ drops.

About TW just think of how many hundreds of millions are created in the market every week.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This really won't make much of a difference at all in the game. It's a pointless change.

What I'm more curious about is why do the developers have such a strong aversion to people grinding?

"People are grinding too much, we need to make people do GV instead"
    "Some people are still grinding, we need to change FC"
    "I think I saw one person still grinding, LOWER DQs"

What's next, removing all xp from mobs outside safe zone?
  • Bludd - Harshlands
    Bludd - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    All you people crying about DQ prices being dropped will cry twice as hard when Zen gets to be so expensive it is no longer able to be purchased in the Auction Hall.

The only way to prevent even more inflation is to increase cash sinks and decrease gold hand-outs.

You might not like it, but, believe me (I come from a different version of this same game), this is for your own good.

Now if they'd just increase the repair costs too.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    But what happens after that?

New players quit.
    Casual players don't make money.
    Casual players quit.
    Merchants start to see steady decline in sales.
    Finally, only "serious," "pro" and very high-levels remain. Whether they choose to stay is a result of how hard-headed they are on keeping their "investments" into a game with no one left to brag to about them.

Obviously this single event won't be the cause of all this, but it'll speed it all up.

I didn't deny that it would speed it up.

I only denied that this would be the sole cause of a sudden drop in gold prices. Hate to say, it won't. I was arguing this fact with people who came along claiming this would totally make the gold prices drop within the next few weeks.

The first thing it's going to do before anything else is make the life of new players harder. Gold prices aren't going to fluctuate much at all because of this, hate to say. It's going to take a long time for gold prices to alter to a truly noticeable degree because of this, if they do at all. Because merchants don't sell to people who only grind DQ for their money. Merchants sell to other merchants, people who sell TT/Nirvana for money etc. etc. I think the population of people who make their money solely by grinding DQ is smaller than people here would like to make out - especially since we're talking about mid to high level players buying from merchants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_am_black - Harshlands
    I_am_black - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    to be honest the only people who might quit are the non-cash shoppers..and thats not a big loss seeing as you dont pay there bills and pay checks and we cash shoppers do...just saying if they do lower DQs and the non-cash shoppers quit well whos loss is it?
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Horns did get removed with all that QQ. This is more like the horn issue instead of Anni pack issue in my opinion.

Horns were removed because they were bugged. They will return when fixed. Since the bug was obviously unintentional, they were removed - this, however, is clearly an intended change which was tested on the CN servers first.
    The page still says "subject to change." As long as that's the case...

I thought that was referring to other items in the patch preview - it is a preview after all.
    ...and I don't remember that thread getting 450 votes, either. -_-

It got closed by spoons before it got there I think, but it sure was quite a few.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    All you people crying about DQ prices being dropped will cry twice as hard when Zen gets to be so expensive it is no longer able to be purchased in the Auction Hall.

The only way to prevent even more inflation is to increase cash sinks and decrease gold hand-outs.

You might not like it, but, believe me (I come from a different version of this same game), this is for your own good.

Now if they'd just increase the repair costs too.

Yes, this game needs coin sinks, no one here denies that. But they're taking coin out from the wrong area, the players grinding for DQ items aren't the ones with a overabundance of coins. Coins need to be removed from the top. Hell, if you want to decrease the amount of coins into the system (as you claim lowering DQ prices will do) why don't you remove all the item/coin rewards from BH100? That's a pretty large chunk of coin be inserted into the system, and usually to people who already have a pretty decent sum of coin.
    to be honest the only people who might quit are the non-cash shoppers..and thats not a big loss seeing as you dont pay there bills and pay checks and we cash shoppers do...just saying if they do lower DQs and the non-cash shoppers quit well whos loss is it?

It's the cash shoppers loss, who do you think buys the Gold in AH? It's not the people who already have Gold from real life money.
    axt57 wrote: »
    Horns were removed because they were bugged. They will return when fixed. Since the bug was obviously unintentional, they were removed - this, however, is clearly an intended change which was tested on the CN servers first.

Horns were not bugged, they were designed to not be filterable. People got pissed because they were designed that way. That was why they were removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.