DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Comments

• Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    GM's please please please PLEASE get the developers to change this, cuz I honestly think if we start a petition to leave the DQ prices where they are or even raise them 99% of the playing population is gonna sign it. I play this game because Its a nice way for me to catch up with my international friends, and it]s a destress method. If they think im gonna hand over my hard earned cash so easily, they need to think again.

Also, if your gona go doing ploys like this developers... well stop advertising the game as a true free to play yea?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dpicic - Harshlands
    Dpicic - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is just BSb:angry

But im hoping for this --> Note: The above information is subject to change.

Maybe they will increase DQ drops from mobs.

yea.... that would be great... like 3x..
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In before this thread/pool is deleted or altered, like all the other controversial pools going againts PWI's decisions were...

I guess it's an attempt by PWI to force more people to buy zen : lowering the amont of coins you can earn ingame.

The less coins you have, the harder it will be to get enough coins to buy golds or cash shop items from players.

The harder it is to buy these, the more we will be forced/tempted to buy zen ourselves.

(others have probably wrote something similar previously here, but I don,t have the courage to read 25 pages of posts ^^)

May is shaping up to be an exciting month for Perfect World International

Yes,,players are quite excited now, but not for the reason PWI expected I think ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I honestly dont really care that much. You cant make any money from grinding anyway.

Only people that was making really good money from DQs where BMs and clerics that could aoe certain mobs effectively.

Not many players actually grind for money but lower lvls and new players. But its of course nice when the DQ-drops covers some of your wine fee for a BH.

Im guessing this is b/c of the farming bots on Chinese server making massive amount of money from DQs. Instead of dealing with people abusing third party programs to get rich on CN-server, they adjust the prices on DQs.

And we get punished to even tho this version of the game doesn't have those kinda of problems b:angry.

But i kinda doubt this will make loads people quit and blehbleh as i said not that many players actually grind for money but lower lvl and new people that only played PWI a couple of weeks/months.

And no this isn't GMs fault or w/e, we just get same patches as PW-CN :(
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    20% less dq money = (what they think) people will buy hammers for the chests (1mil box) = to get people will buy charms for cube/rb = fail basically watch till they imply it you'll get even more madder because usually something comes right with it

Example: money packs 50 silver! you got you chance of getting ingame money for cheap xD -insert photo here- -insert ragequit here-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    as i said not that many players actually grind for money but lower lvl and new people that only played PWI a couple of weeks/months.

(

That is a big issue though. Alot of new players are not going to charge $ just to get coin .. So if they cant grind coin and dont want to charge $ they will leave and find another game.
  • XFenris_ - Heavens Tear
    XFenris_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    no ty coin is hard to make as is.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is absolutely the stupidest idea PWI has ever come up with. If they think this will encourage people to CS they are nuts. b:shutup
    DQ -> npc sales are main source of income for lower level players or those who don't CS @ all and don't have access to easy hh farming. So by removing this ability for them to generate game coin they have infact pushed this game more and more towards pay to play which is in exact contrast to why folks come here in the first place. They don't want pay to play!!b:bye
    Add this to the increase of npc items by 5% and you wind up with a serious reduction in purchasing power for these folks. You don't need to add the the recession its already here !b:angry

While I understand that gm's do not set the rules they are the liason between us and the devs and they really need to gib smack the dev's at the next meeting and say point blank "WTF were you thinking?"b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver
    ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Maybe instead of lowering the price, make the Dragon Quest more useful to those level 40 and above. Once you get BHs there's little point in doing DQs. Increasing the EXP and Spirit award might give people more insentive to keep their DQs instead of selling them.
  • NinjaStix - Lost City
    NinjaStix - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The Devs could try stopping Zhen/Gold purchasings for one month to decrease inflation
    /sarcasm
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2010
    Maybe they're trying to force people to ragequit so they'll move onto Forsaken World where the currency is non-tradeable (I think) to begin with? b:quiet
    edited May 2010
    Decreased DQ sell cost

Increased NPC buy cost

Hmmmm

Next weeks Patch:
    Due to the Economic Climate Mr and Mrs Oddfoot have had to tighten their belts .. Hence forth they will be dropping less coin

b:shutup
    ragequit so they'll move onto Forsaken World

Why ragequit to a game by the same company ? When 6 months down the line it will be the same as this one ... Oh those poor fools on BoI dont know what they getting in to b:chuckle
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The Devs could try stopping Zhen/Gold purchasings for one month to decrease inflation
    /sarcasm

yea ur right, things in game like HH mats r too expensive, therefore, decreasing our income will make demand decrease, sellers will sell HH mats cheaper, therefore decreasing inflation.

but, to Devs, decreasin supply of money will make stuffs cheaper, but stuffs like crazy stones n teleportation cost r not changable, therefore, decreasing money supply is not the best idea. its best if devs make npc items cheaper and mats will drop at higher rate. if mats drops at higher rate, it will rise supply, therefore decrease inflation. dont make DQ items to be sold cheaper, its my income. and another consequence of decreasing DQ sell price is that ppl will not grind, they will merchant, thus making resources more expensive b:sad
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Seriously what the DEVs are thinking??
    I hate arrogance,especially when someone doesn't listen to the vat majority of people...
    I hate arrogance,people who thinks only for themselves without looking at the facts.

Does the Devs seriously think that this smart and brillant move will result in more money in their wallets?,I think this will just cause a lot of players to quit,and that's don't sounds very profitable isn't?.

Do you want people to charge more Zen so you can earn your money?,start putting something decent on the boutique with a Fair price.

Also correct the dammit bugs instead of giving us this <.< thanks b:angry

(Example of some real lame bugs:Magic Shell Bug,Veno Pet Through doors,Cube of Fate PK Mode on at the entrace,some visual bugs on certain fashions z.z)
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear
    Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This sucksb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pure_Wish [Rigante]
    Level 8x cleric
    Happily married to RyuNova <3
    PureWish [Rigante]
    Level 7x Psychic
    Pure_Blossom [Rigante]
    Level 3x Mystic
  • LVampire - Lost City
    LVampire - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ever since ani packs came out it seams like they r trying to squeeze out as much money they can and kill the game...

but this is too much...like u aint making enough money as it is
  • XMorphlinGx - Lost City
    XMorphlinGx - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yet another victory for PWE.
    This video describes you the best:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnrb8HnQvfU&feature=related
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    fix this pwi or im sueingb:laugh
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Dpicic - Harshlands
    Dpicic - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    pw is not enjoyable to play when u need to spend weeks grinding to get money for some mid-gear.....

WE WANT FUN GAME NOT "JOB" GAME
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:surrender grats devs u have in the course of less than 2 years turned PWI from a free to play game into a pay to win game and NOW you make it a Pay to survive game AWESOME job guys..wats your next step gonna be? Completely remove all mobs why not no one is out there killing them anyways everyone is huddled up in west arch as catshoppes or at the AH with their nose glued to the gold trading section honestly whos gonna have coin to buy gold except the ones trying to sell it...the average player wont have it now thanks to the -20% reduction on their main source of income. Heres an idea...why dont every single developer and employee of PWE take a 20% pay cut ??? dont like that idea eh..didnt think u would...neither do we...FIX IT!!!
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    bah i really dont care about dq drops really..ill npc them and if i get gear drops ill repair and sell to the npc for more coins.Now if they fawk with the mats ill be real pissed since thats where i get my money from..why grind when u can have anice route of mats/herbs to sell and make more profit than a hour of grinding.It saves mp/hp and repair bills to just farm..but hey im a classic player unlike the newblood cash shoppers here.For me its wonderful to run my old mat routes we farmers used to have to fight for..but since the cash shop nubs these days hell farminghas been a dream again..its sad most now thing materials come from a catshop or from cash shop these days lolb:bye
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    2 years ago pwi was a free to play
    1 year ago (chest of coins, perfect hammer, anni packs etc) pwi was a pay to win
    now pwi will be a pay to play/enjoy/survive.

Hello guys stop dreaming because gold will go down. The price of gold is made by gold buyers and player who merchant a lot. You really think these guys will win less coins? yep youre right the answer to that question is NO. So gold will stay high price.

So free to play players are screwed!

mmh i cant insult the gm or other player but can i insult the dev pleaz? just to relax?
  • DarksShade - Archosaur
    DarksShade - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    seriously ridiculous, dev's being selfish
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    God thats so ... grml >.<

Voted for no, seriously that's so incredible evil to reduce the price by 20%! I'm most of the time pretty low at ingame coins, and so I need to grind DQ items to NPC them. It's a impudence of them to even announce this to be realised in future.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    bah i really dont care about dq drops really..ill npc them and if i get gear drops ill repair and sell to the npc for more coins.Now if they fawk with the mats ill be real pissed since thats where i get my money from..why grind when u can have anice route of mats/herbs to sell and make more profit than a hour of grinding.It saves mp/hp and repair bills to just farm..but hey im a classic player unlike the newblood cash shoppers here.For me its wonderful to run my old mat routes we farmers used to have to fight for..but since the cash shop nubs these days hell farminghas been a dream again..its sad most now thing materials come from a catshop or from cash shop these days lolb:bye

So... who will be able to buy your mats , if the people grinding dont have anymore money ?

- casual players dont have money, they dont buy to you , you dont make money so you cant bbuy from the other Shopper who sells the thing you wnat...

but= if some of you could verify , maybe its bad luck for me

- 2 hrs grind on same spot i do everyday this morning..and made 50% less than what i do usualy ( when its 10-15% its what i consider normal, 50% less is not normal)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    mmh making a poll to know who is ok with that and who is against is fine but... i wonder what will be a poll asking "are you gonna quit if DQ sells 20% less? yes/no/i dont care"

that would be fun.
    edited May 2010
    Gotta love the logic TBH.

Lower players ability to earn coins ingame > Hoping they charge $ to sell for coin.

Apart from one small point.

If no one has coins and everyone is charging $ ... Who the **** is going to buy the gold ?

Im sure we will have the usual BS that its about " Reducing inflation and lowering gold prices " ... Nope only thing that will do that is stopping having pack sales and changing the chest of coins needing a hammer.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No no no no no. A thousand times NO.

PWE: "Inflation control" rings REALLY hollow when you're the ones who CAUSED the inflation in the first place. >_< The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. You'd better give a **** about us if you don't want this game to implode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You actually use to be able to make a lot of money from certain DQ - selling them in cat shops to player that did Dragon Quests to lvl up. Remember when you could sell high lvl DQ items for 8k each lol.

But no one does Dragon Quests anymore with all the BHs/Hyper stone so you cant do anything but sell to NPC (Beside the DQ31 you need for bank quest).

I actually have no clue how new players and more casual players makes money these days. Reducing price of DQ kinda makes the game an even bigger turn of for them since they already struggle.

Cant really make that much money from farming mid/special mats anymore either since you can make BH wine with 10 tokens and you can get all the crafting skills to lvl 8 using cash shop.

Cant make money from farming TT either after all the drop events since greens arent worth much, you need to have several accounts and computers so you cant solo/duo the instance and get 50-100% of the profit.

Most molders aint worth anything either since the market is flooded with them after drop events and the fact that people runs fbs several times a day for BH.

Quests as we all know has a ridiculously low pay of both in gold and exp.

Only way to make money i guess is buy/sell stuff all day long. But a lot of people cant have PWI running on their computer 24/7. Also buying/selling aint a very fun way to play a videogame.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:sad y there s no GM around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
This discussion has been closed.