Things you don't want to hear a high level say (all classes).

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I see alot of posts from people saying that people do not know what something or another is or means.

Well maybe they do not know what it means because you are talking in worthless chat speak, as in : "FB 19" Now, why don't you just say what the Dungeon name is and then people who do not have a clue what FB 19" is will know right away what you want :|

I hate all of this worthless chat speak around.
    I am not going to learn and remember all of these little letters and small words which mean other things.

If you want to ask something then say it clear as day so that I can understand.

I type like this in the game and do NOT type in chat speak form because this way everyone understands what I am saying and what I want.

Maybe if more people did not talk in chat speak, there would be less people being confused about what you are even talking about b:sweat

I've always wanted to go to New York... As in New York City on Manhattan Island in New York State in United States of America on the North American Continent in the Western Hemisphere on Earth in the SOL system as seen from the center of the galaxy ( at longitude: 179' 56' 39.4', latitude: +0' 2' 46.2', distance: 7,940 / 420 parsecs (25,900 / 1,400 light years )) called the Milky Way.

Hey, I could have just said I want to go to NYC, but that's not good enough for you, huh? :P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I've always wanted to go to New York... As in New York City on Manhattan Island in New York State in United States of America on the North American Continent in the Western Hemisphere on Earth in the SOL system as seen from the center of the galaxy ( at longitude: 179' 56' 39.4', latitude: +0' 2' 46.2', distance: 7,940 / 420 parsecs (25,900 / 1,400 light years )) called the Milky Way.

Hey, I could have just said I want to go to NYC, but that's not good enough for you, huh? :P

holy hell u just blew the **** out of my brain x.x now i need to go to ebay to find a new brain.....though srsly crazy....u better get used to it else u wont be finding any squads. btw i was always told FB ment final boss....guess i was misinformed
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Epic_Win_poster.jpg

And because it's so epic, here is a second one.

epicwin.jpg
  • CrazyMazie - Sanctuary
    CrazyMazie - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well Crazie it's just too bad you don't like chat speark cuz your about to learn another word.

Necro

basically means you took a week old+ thread and posted in it...

plus it's not that hard to learn all the abbreviations, they're so common you pick up on it quickly
    I thought it was only necro if you post in a topic which is over a month old...

Well, I come from a Forum website where it is not allowed by the rules to use chat speak or abbreviations so..... :/

LifeHunting: So it is more easy for you to not just type out those words when it only takes a few seconds to type the full version of the word "If you can type fast"

You know that if the other person does not have a clue what you are going on about, you are going to have to type lines of text explaining what the abbreviation means.

Also a troll is not someone that has a different view on a subject matter.
    Sorry ^.-

Michael_Dark: You could just say "New York" No need to go into that much detail.
    I am sure mostly everyone knows what New York is.
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well Crazie it's just too bad you don't like chat speark cuz your about to learn another word.

Necro

basically means you took a month old+ thread and posted in it...

plus it's not that hard to learn all the abbreviations, they're so common you pick up on it quickly

Fixed

Isn't it Fu Ben? That's what somebody told me...And I think it means "tablet quest"... Not sure where I heard it.

If I remember well, FuBen is chinese for "dungeon". But not entirely sure.

In topic:

"I got to lv70 in one week" b:shocked That one is so common this days...

Extract from a convo between me and a barb during TT1-2:

Leni: I think you should tank in tiger form, easyer to hold aggro that way. (Exact quote btw. You have to pick your words very carefully, they're kinda "volatile")
    Barb: Mind you, but it's easyer to hold aggro in human form.
    Leni: *Sceptical look* How so?
    Barb: I deal more dmg in normal form, easyer to hold aggro that way.

Leni: *Explainins something about Flesh Ream to a "what-does-a-wizzie-know" barb.

Leni: Haven't you been told this before?
    Barb: No.
    b:shocked That scared the hell out of me... b:surrender
    I mean, it's not only him, but all the ppl he has squaded so far.

Then, during a boss fight:

Barb: Hey, i wanna try something.
    Squad: Ummm... kk?
    Barb: *Switches to human form*
    Leni: *Stops attacking*
    Barb 2 mins later: HA!! You see? I'm holding aggro.
    Cleric: Ummm... she's not attacking...
    Barb: *Switches back to tiger form*

During last boss fight, barb was out of sight as boss has to be back-facing squad, but then...

Dimentora: *Turns around* Rawwwrrrr... DIE!!
    Leni: *Dies* WTF?!?
    Veno: I smell aggro stealer...

I was feeling guilty, but then i catch a glimpse of the barb switching back to tiger form... Aparently he tryed to prove his point...

Side note: Is it just me or the population of fail barbs has dramaticaly increased? Don't have anything against them, i have some UBER barb friends, but it's more noticeable when a barb fails because the squad pretty much depends on him. Seeing a pro barb in action during a tight situation... is org.asmic...
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, I come from a Forum website where it is not allowed by the rules to use chat speak or abbreviations so..... :/

LifeHunting: So it is more easy for you to not just type out those words when it only takes a few seconds to type the full version of the word "If you can type fast"

You know that if the other person does not have a clue what you are going on about, you are going to have to type lines of text explaining what the abbreviation means.

1)changing fb to fu ben (chinese for duplicate=>instance according to the pwi wiki) wont change much anyway

2)however, once that person learn the abbreviation (and it wont be lines of text, it would be what you suggested that he should say [bounty hunter]) we will understand what everyone else shouts.

3)Words are just symbols to convey a meaning. the concept of bounty hunter is not tied to the words "bounty hunter". We could replace "bounty hunter" with RT (HH/GV anyone?)and still convey the same meaning. as long as communication is achieved everything else is unimportant.
    bh is not tied to bounty hunter and the bounty hunter to the quest; bh is tied to the quest itself.
    when I do a bh i dont think that i do a bounty hunter; i do a /bu:huː/
    the idea that "chatspeak" is "worthless" is just stupid

4)I wouldnt want to squad with someone that doesnt know what BH stands for anyway
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Sorry ^.-

Actually to explain what BH, FB, or any of that sort stands for it would take me one simple sentence in this game.

If somebody asks me what BH59 is I just tell them it's FB59, but I got it from the Bounty Hunter dude in Arch.

Somebody then asks what Arch is, I just simply state. "Hit M, and look for a city that the first 4 letters are A-R-C-H, and that is Arch"

Somebody asks me what an FB is? I just tell them that is the dungeon you do at 19, 29, 39, etc to get new skills.

See it literally takes me less than a single sentence to explain what the things mean. And most people who play PWI, are so used to the chat terms that they don't even need an explanation they will just say "Invite"/"Invi"/"Send invite"
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Michael_Dark: You could just say "New York" No need to go into that much detail.

Acronyms are commonplace and save a great deal of time and effort conveying a message.

Don't ever get a job in computers, science, medicine, law, or any other technical or professional field. You will be flooded with acronyms, and yes, you'll be expected to know them.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I thought it was only necro if you post in a topic which is over a month old...

Sorry ^.-

New York state or New York City? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Most of everything has already been said, but here's some more:

veno's on replacing barbs: my glacial walker is better than a herc! = (glacial walker dies...near squad wipe)

in hh: is this anything like frost?

10x nirvana geared bm: I've never been in 3-x !

cleric on being pathetic: I'm used to squads made of only sins, do i have to heal you?

bm on barb replacement: If the barb can tank wurlord! I can! (near squad wipe)

-every day people get more....idiotic and I have to wander around the server wondering who is actually safe to use in any instance that isn't frost.
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Some 60's bm told a 70's barb...

Stop pulling aggro... Your gonna die if you use flesh ream to muchb:sad

Some random 50's cleric asked

Whats Iron Heart??? I told him and then he said oh... I use my other ones cause the heals are betterb:faint

And heard this over vent from a guildy assasin who is supposedly lvl 90+ on another server (is 70 here)

Whats shadow escape???b:beatup (Face palm)
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Most of everything has already been said, but here's some more:

veno's on replacing barbs: my glacial walker is better than a herc! = (glacial walker dies...near squad wipe)

in hh: is this anything like frost?

10x nirvana geared bm: I've never been in 3-x !

cleric on being pathetic: I'm used to squads made of only sins, do i have to heal you?

bm on barb replacement: If the barb can tank wurlord! I can! (near squad wipe)

-every day people get more....idiotic and I have to wander around the server wondering who is actually safe to use in any instance that isn't frost.

93 barb today in delta (wave 4 planned)
    pulling waves "thought i should pull like in frost"

"use your aoe skills"
    93barb "i have no idea what all those skills do"

failed of course, cleric got killed, archer-mobs out of zhen range
    wave2 (including bosses without cleric/1k) ticked as much charm off me as an 2-hour TW
    i like potato
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This was one of my very first FCC runs ever.

Barb: You do have a herc right ?
    Me: No, still working on it. I got armoured bear with maxed bash though. Any problem ?
    Barb: No, we'll wait. * goes into meditate mode and after 5 minutes of me staring at the screen in complete and utter amazement he speaks again *
    Barb: What are you doing here ? Go get your herc...
    Me: * deskplant *
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This was one of my very first FCC runs ever.

Barb: You do have a herc right ?
    Me: No, still working on it. I got armoured bear with maxed bash though. Any problem ?
    Barb: No, we'll wait. * goes into meditate mode and after 5 minutes of me staring at the screen in complete and utter amazement he speaks again *
    Barb: What are you doing here ? Go get your herc...
    Me: * deskplant *
    I detect a 10-year-old or younger player who has never rolled a venob:sweat
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited October 2010
    Anything in spanish.
  • Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver
    Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Anything in spanish.

That sounded a little racist btw.

I know we aren't allowed to bump old topics... unless some relevant information its posted.

Well, let me count what just happened 2 days ago.

Trying to get a full squad for delta going, like usually I check my printscreens from other deltas I have done and start asking if someone would be interested in doing delta. Got some answers but no barb soo I tried to worldchat for a barb. There was this barb that said he was skilled and we wanted to help out, he had done a lot of deltas in another version of the game being a wizard...

Well for starters, he asked me for a charm to help with delta. Each squad member gave him 100k and he went to buy a charm for himself. Then he asked if anyone could lend him some herbs, which I did (but getting a little pissed already.)

What's strange is that his items were actuallyt good items, TT90 with nice refines, 2 lunar items also...

When we finally got inside, everything was normal, extra beans, nobody hitting the eye... soon after wave 1-1 starts I notice the wizard and cleric life bars going down... I asked if everything was rigth, since by then I was running to last room to get ready for digging... and I got this answer:

"the barb is hitting each mob one at a time"

Ofc nothing good would come from this... wave 1-3 two people died we decided to give up... but I still notice the barb didn't even equiped the charm he had "supposely" buyed with the money from squad.

Moral of all this: dont say you are skilled when you clearly aren't. b:surrender
  • Kokin - Dreamweaver
    Kokin - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hahahaha abo, u need to tell me that barb name hahahahaha
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I personally had no idea what "skills" were until about level 16-ish. Oops on my behalf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Best one I've heard so far:

Level 97 Barb: How the hell do round up so many mobs without dying?
    Me: Run in grab all the mobs and Invoke and then Sunder.
    Level 97 Barb: Is that a apoth pot?
    Me: Uh...
    Level 97 Barb: ???
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • brent40
    edited November 2010
    That sounded a little racist btw.

Spanish speaking people is a race? b:surrender

Heres a bucket, step down off that horse plox.
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    brent40 wrote: »
    Spanish speaking people are a race? b:surrender

Heres a bucket, step down off that horse plox.

Considering "language" is a factor used to determine a "race," yes Spanish speakers are a race. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • brent40
    edited November 2010
    Considering "language" is a factor used to determine a "race," yes Spanish speakers are a race. b:bye

I guess you are as braindead as the last guy. Spanish speaking people come with ALLLL races..

If I had said "English" what RACE would that describe?

oh, here b:bye
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Language isn't a factor used to determine race... what.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Cun - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    brent40 wrote: »
    I guess you are as braindead as the last guy. Spanish speaking people come with ALLLL races..

If I had said "English" what RACE would that describe?

oh, here b:bye

English - England b:chuckle
    Language isn't a factor used to determine race... what.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/race , isn't language a trait shared by a race?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
  • KennyC - Lost City
    KennyC - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    English - England b:chuckle

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/race , isn't language a trait shared by a race?

Language isnt a trait, if you see an asian perons talking in spanish does that mean hes spanish... nope dont think so hes still got the chinky eyes dont he <---that is a trait
    +1 post
  • Cun - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Language isnt a trait, if you see an asian perons talking in spanish does that mean hes spanish... nope dont think so hes still got the chinky eyes dont he <---that is a trait

There's spanish speakers with "the chinky eyes," ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Your race is determined by your genetics, which have nothing to do with what language you speak. lol

Based on your comment about "chinky eyes", I'm guessing that you're trying to convince people that you're only trolling and not that you have no idea what you're talking about. Okay. Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Cun - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Your race is determined by your genetics, which have nothing to do with what language you speak. lol

Based on your comment about "chinky eyes", I'm guessing that you're trying to convince people that you're only trolling and not that you have no idea what you're talking about. Okay. Have fun.

I don't have to convince anyone of anything, everyone has a view on things, and for me language HELPS determine race. You can agree or disagree with me, It will not affect the way I view things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Barb:
    "I can't tank"

Veno:
    "I can solo everything"

Archer:
    "Fist / claw is better than my bow..."

Cleric:
    "IH stacks?"

Wizard:
    *gives Frostblade buff when fighting water mobs*

Blademaster:
    "who needs a barb..."

Assassin:
    "Keep me healed! I can tank this!" *has 4,000 HP trying to tank FF*
    -or-
    "HF HF HF!!!!"

Psychic:
    "Why did I die?, Fail tank, keep aggro."

yep~
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Barb:
    "I can't tank"

Veno:
    "I can solo everything"
    Some can it just takes forever <.<

Archer:
    "Fist / claw is better than my bow..."
    It is

Cleric: