I'm on a mission to gain 10 billion

Comments

• WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You guys really think he doesn't cash shop at all? tsk tsk
    Of course not.

I can't imagine anybody spending real-life cash on a game where they're earning at least ~$300 per month for free. It would be like spitting in the ocean, except you'd have to pay to spit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Is not that hard, you just have to find a good market, a good location, and build up a clientele.

That's funny but true... was talking to a guildie in vent about making money and such, and he told me that whenever he had certain items, he'd go to specific cat shops to sell them to, then he told me about this one cat shop he like, sold stuff to almost every day and would specifically look for it... that was my cat shop.

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Nop not me. The first S/S I was going to post had my name in it so I didn't post it. This one I made certain to hide my name in the area that I was going to white-out. The HP bar you see is just a person I clicked on while trying to get to AH person.

Then what explains the mp bar since that doesn't show up even if you highlight another char?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You guys really think he doesn't cash shop at all? tsk tsk
    Like Warren said, why would anyone spend RL money on this game when they've figured out a way to make the in-game equivalent of $10-$100 a day? Normally I budget about $200 a year for gaming. But with this game, there's no point since I make plenty of money just merchanting. It's actually become more fun for me to merchant than it is to level up my characters.
    then he told me about this one cat shop he like, sold stuff to almost every day and would specifically look for it... that was my cat shop.

b:pleased
    Back after anniversary packs first disappeared, cat shops were buying tokens for 22-25k. A friend laughed on faction chat that she was at [location] and there was a cat shop there which was trying to buy tokens for a ridiculously low 20k.

I told her that it was my cat shop. My reasoning was that people would use up the last of their tokens making an item, and have a few tokens left over (e.g. item needs 5 tokens to make but you only have 4 left). So they'd be wanting to sell those tokens for quick cash. I put my shop at a spot where I guessed people making a certain item would go immediately after. It seemed to work too, as the shop had bought ~100 tokens overnight at 20k each.

Sometimes there is a method to the madness. b:chuckle
  • _leelu - Sanctuary
    _leelu - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    make a female character (a really sexy one) ...you pretty much know who the rich guys on each server are from world chat etc..find one..whisper him and ask for help..act really nooby b:chuckle ..might take a week or 2 but eventually they start buying you stuff lol
    i know its wrong and mabye a little evil ,but thats how i make millions (not billions..yet lol)

tip..married guys are the easiest b:laugh

yes im a guy
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    make a female character (a really sexy one) ...you pretty much know who the rich guys on each server are from world chat etc..find one..whisper him and ask for help..act really nooby ..might take a week or 2 but eventually they start buying you stuff lol
    i know its wrong and mabye a little evil ,but thats how i make millions (not billions..yet lol)

tip..married guys are the easiest b:laugh

yes im a guy
    Rofl... the funny part is, it's sort of true... Maybe it's just me, but in my opinion **** sell better... I made another nub fem char just for an overnight shop. The same person kept selling certain items to me all the time, though the price was kinda low I'd say... b:chuckle Then a bit later I even got hit on a few times. The funny part one of the ppl that did it is a high lvl, pretty infamous person, I sometimes squad with.
    They didn't know it was me, lol not gona tell'em, but it's just so funny.

Also when you QQ & act all cute, you get away with better deals b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It seems like more and more people are merchanting now.

I remember when the spring packs first came out, I spent 2 weeks opening packs and selling the contents for huge profits. A GA back then cost about 31-34k each, you could sell beaut shards for about 60-80k, oracles about 30k each(2/3 per pack), scrolls breakeven, scarlet fruit at a slight loss jiaozi and seasames were worthless for a while but it payed to just hang onto them (I had 20k at the end of the sale, 15k got me through zhenning my 9x using a g15 macro xD)

When Anni packs first came out you could slap a 50k markup on them and make a pretty easy 2-2.5mil per 50 anni packs.

The first coral reef packs were pretty lucrative for me, I had about 400 after the sale, sold them fairly quickly for about 590k each and bought up as much 320k gold as possible. When they came back, the first few hours after maint they were selling very quickly for 450k each.

While the charm packs were on sale I was opening the packs, selling the charms for cost (well not exactly cost but I was at 1.25 mil when everyone else was 1.4 and concentrating on corals) and flicking the Big rainbow eggs for 600k (crazy price for a crappy item but people bought them)

Gotta find something new now...
    I like pie
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    LOL, just now that I saw a thread about Scroll of Tome, something pops up- this OP is the OP overthere b:chuckle. The guy stays up like 24 hours merchanting using any means ripping, cheating,.... he's good all b:chuckle Sorry no offense.
  • Barbarian - Dreamweaver
    Barbarian - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oyamajio wrote: »
    LOL, just now that I saw a thread about Scroll of Tome, something pops up- this OP is the OP overthere b:chuckle. The guy stays up like 24 hours merchanting using any means ripping, cheating,.... he's good all b:chuckle Sorry no offense.

I don't see how I can rip and cheat people when I'm selling common consumables. If anything, my prices are extremely low. You have to be if you're going to compete in a flooded market.
    From reading your posts, I can only conclude that you're one of those merchants afraid of more people merchanting because it's going to cut into your profit.
    This is one the guys most of you want to hit in the face for the causes of inflation b:laugh and apparently including all greedy merchants.
    Can someone help me a bit here. I've been wondering why would someone disclose his own business? Does it do any good to him other than showing off he's a virtual billionaire? I'm also a virtual billionaire from merchanting but there's no way I would tell you how I do it, LOL.

So I guess you yourself is a "greedy merchant"?

You_mad_grimace.jpg

As for who I am.. Does it even matter? I don't even use my main character to catshop.
    EQ Goal:
    G15 Nirvana Weapon ACHIEVED!
    Refines +12 ACHIEVED!
    Reroll for Adv. zerk.
    G12 Amber
    G12 Garnet
    Full Nirvana Lunar Armor set
    Armor Pieces (0/6)
    Uncanny needed for G15 (0/1500)
    Tome Scroll (0/1)
    Vit Stones needed assuming 3 sockets per Armor Pieces (0/18)
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    make a female character (a really sexy one) ...you pretty much know who the rich guys on each server are from world chat etc..find one..whisper him and ask for help..act really nooby b:chuckle ..might take a week or 2 but eventually they start buying you stuff lol
    *makes an alt on Dreamweaver*

*whispers Barbarian*

*transfers coins to RT with some other person*

b:sin
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • oyamajio
    edited April 2010
    I don't see how I can rip and cheat people when I'm selling common consumables. If anything, my prices are extremely low. You have to be if you're going to compete in a flooded market.
    From reading your posts, I can only conclude that you're one of those merchants afraid of more people merchanting because it's going to cut into your profit.

So I guess you yourself is a "greedy merchant"?

You_mad_grimace.jpg

As for who I am.. Does it even matter? I don't even catshop with my main so I doubt you'd even see me in catshop mode.

b:laugh Don't be mad. Look like I've made a right guess this time? I've never said I'm not greedy. Everyone's greedy as far as I know, and there's nothing wrong with that as far as business is concerned, LOL. If you don't do it, someone else will. I know you have multiple chars doing it for you, I know you never catshop with your main, I know your main duty is to observe the market, check AH regularly...., but a couple of times your main bump into my other chars and well... I'm not going to reveal how you do it. That would be humiliating.b:shutup
  • Barbarian - Dreamweaver
    Barbarian - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:laugh Don't be mad. Look like I've made a right guess this time? I've never said I'm not greedy. Everyone's greedy as far as I know, and there's nothing wrong with that as far as business is concerned, LOL. If you don't do it, someone else will. I know you have multiple chars doing it for you, I know you never catshop with your main, I know your main duty is to observe the market, check AH regularly...., but a couple of times your main bump into my other chars and well... I'm not going to reveal how you do it. That would be humiliating.b:shutup

I can be whoever you think I am. But please do reveal how the person you think I am do it because I haven't the slightest idea. Feel free to humiliate, I got thick skin and I might learn something. b:surrender
    EQ Goal:
    G15 Nirvana Weapon ACHIEVED!
    Refines +12 ACHIEVED!
    Reroll for Adv. zerk.
    G12 Amber
    G12 Garnet
    Full Nirvana Lunar Armor set
    Armor Pieces (0/6)
    Uncanny needed for G15 (0/1500)
    Tome Scroll (0/1)
    Vit Stones needed assuming 3 sockets per Armor Pieces (0/18)
  • oyamajio
    edited April 2010
    I can be whoever you think I am. But please do reveal how the person you think I am do it because I haven't the slightest idea. Feel free to humiliate, I got thick skin and I might learn something. b:surrender

If you do, you won't be even replying. That's part of my reverse psychology.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    im not gonna read all pages but how u changed the font on other ppl names o_o on that pic o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    :O
    Good luck with it all. How long did it take you to get that much? Post a guide so we can all start merchanting to make coins!

oyamajio, sounds like you have no basis to accuse the OP of anything. Looks to me like you're afraid people might start doing what the OP is doing and create more competition for you. What reverse psychology? heh...

To the OP, don't let the haters get to you. Keep reaching for your goal. b:laugh

From the amount of the D-orbs.. I have a good idea who you are. lol.. There's only one person on Sanc. that actually have that many 1 stars that I know of. Could it be s...s..g?

Lol, just read your merchant history. Hi s...s..g! Still got that pretty face of yours?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Though, if this guy is really going for Warsoul, I'd personally be more impressed seeing hundreds of thousands of Mysterious Chips. After all, it does take 315,300 chips.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Pretty sure he said he's changing his focus to getting full Nirvana w/ a +12 weapon. Amazing how that costs considerably less than a warsoul weapon, lol.. just goes to show how ridiculous warsoul is at the moment ><

And chips aren't difficult with cheap tokens =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oyamajio
    edited April 2010
    :O
    Good luck with it all. How long did it take you to get that much? Post a guide so we can all start merchanting to make coins!

oyamajio, sounds like you have no basis to accuse the OP of anything. Looks to me like you're afraid people might start doing what the OP is doing and create more competition for you. What reverse psychology? heh...

To the OP, don't let the haters get to you. Keep reaching for your goal. b:laugh

From the amount of the D-orbs.. I have a good idea who you are. lol.. There's only one person on Sanc. that actually have that many 1 stars that I know of. Could it be s...s..g?

Lol, just read your merchant history. Hi s...s..g! Still got that pretty face of yours?

LOL, according to me I've done no accusation. You don't even have a clue how many folks out there are merchanting to billion coins right now. I'm one of them, and yes you're right I'm afraid of competition. b:chuckle But I'm just a small gun. There's someone I know of who's richer than the OP 10 times. By now, s..g you referred to is only a small gun too, LOL.
  • WingedXepher - Dreamweaver
    WingedXepher - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wow...good luck....

I would like to aford lunar stuffs...and u want 10 billions.... but... yea GL b:chuckle
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Buy 28k of gold and sell at 380k and you will reach the 10bil mark. Good luck and get some therapy.
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • blindeyesniper
    edited April 2010
    LOL, according to me I've done no accusation. You don't even have a clue how many folks out there are merchanting to billion coins right now. I'm one of them, and yes you're right I'm afraid of competition. b:chuckle But I'm just a small gun. There's someone I know of who's richer than the OP 10 times. By now, s..g you referred to is only a small gun too, LOL.

I don't have a clue to how many folks out there have billion of coins right now, you're right. But that has nothing to do with anything. I guess I was hallucinating when you accused OP of cheating and ripping off people to make coins. Or do you not know the meaning of the word?
  • oyamajio
    edited April 2010
    I don't have a clue to how many folks out there have billion of coins right now, you're right. But that has nothing to do with anything. I guess I was hallucinating when you accused OP of cheating and ripping off people to make coins. Or do you not know the meaning of the word?

Has nothing to do with anything? LOL, question me for the meaning of "accusation"? You're the one who doesn't even have a clue what it means. Want me to teach you how to earn billion of coins, huh? I know exactly how people in this game manage to earn up to billion of coins. Your IQ appears to be too low to even think about it. That explains why you're not one of us. I've made the OP react unusually this time. I'm pretty sure who he is. End.
  • blindeyesniper
    edited April 2010
    Has nothing to do with anything? LOL, question me for the meaning of "accusation"? You're the one who doesn't even have a clue what it means. Want me to teach you how to earn billion of coins, huh? I know exactly how people in this game manage to earn up to billion of coins. Your IQ appears to be too low to even think about it. That explains why you're not one of us. I've made the OP react unusually this time. I'm pretty sure who he is. End.

Do you really know what's an "accusation"?
    The guy stays up like 24 hours merchanting using any means ripping, cheating,.... he's good all b:chuckle Sorry no offense.
    LOL, according to me I've done no accusation.

You're assuming that I actually want to earn a billion coins. Sorry, I've got my course work in the Masters Program I'm in to worry about. I'm happily playing this game with whatever I have.

Also, how are you going to say that the OP is greedy when he's showing what he's doing to earn coins, which people can follow and start merchanting themselves. You, on the other hand, are a PWI "billionair" that's so afraid of competition that you will never reveal how you make coins. If anything, OP is encouraging people to start merchanting and showing what a little effort and ingenuity can do for you in a game.

I imagine the OP is getting a bunch of hate mails from likes of you for revealing how he's making coins out to the public.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    im not gonna read all pages but how u changed the font on other ppl names o_o on that pic o.O
    I noticed the same difference on my screenshots vs. a friend's screenshots. I think it has to do with the version of Windows you're using and the fonts you have installed. Maybe having Asian fonts installed makes a difference too.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I noticed the same difference on my screenshots vs. a friend's screenshots. I think it has to do with the version of Windows you're using and the fonts you have installed. Maybe having Asian fonts installed makes a difference too.

I have XP, Vista and Win7 running PWI and all of them use the same font, which is different from OP's pic.

That pic looks like Times New Roman, all my PWIs are running what appears to be Arial.

Not sure about older OS'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I will post this again...because he does this in every thread he posts in...

ObviousTroll.jpg
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    edited April 2010
    I will post this again...because he does this in every thread he posts in...

ObviousTroll.jpg

You're over-estimating him. A troll is someone who puts up a front to appear ignorant in order to provoke someone. I don't think he's putting up a front. He's just.. ignorant. b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't even use my main character to catshop.

I don't use my main to catshop OR store the majority of my money. I've somewhat recently figured out that am far less likely to spend it and far more likely to make more money with it.

I only keep 500k-1m on my main at any given time and every time I go over the 1m mark, I give everything but 500-600k or so.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't use my main to catshop OR store the majority of my money. I've somewhat recently figured out that am far less likely to spend it and far more likely to make more money with it.

I only keep 500k-1m on my main at any given time and every time I go over the 1m mark, I give everything but 500-600k or so.

Urgh... maybe that's what I should do... Put $ away.... Seems just as I get some extra I spend it on **** ._.

Must... resist... new... tiger ... mount @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That's my problem too. I usually spend money as soon as i get it. I see shiny stuff i like... i buy it.... and go broke again. QQ. Also it seems another problem is that I seem to buy things i want to make a profit off at the wrong time... Therefore i get impatient waiting forever to sell it again, so i end up selling less than what i bought it for, losing money that way. I suppose now would be a good time to stock up on flawlesses or immac citrines since they are 175k-200k or 950k ea. But, if i do that I just wonder how long i could actually hold them... and resist the temptation to use them.
    >.<
This discussion has been closed.