I'm on a mission to gain 10 billion

Comments

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol u would have to scam like crazy to do that
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Nop not me. The first S/S I was going to post had my name in it so I didn't post it. This one I made certain to hide my name in the area that I was going to white-out. The HP bar you see is just a person I clicked on while trying to get to AH person.

Looked at the S/S more carefully and it does show the bottom half of my character name. I removed the S/S.

Originally, I was going to attempt to get a Warsoul weapon. Someone did the calculation in this thread and it came to be to something around 11 Bil with tokens at 15k per. Now I'm thinking just going full Nirvana with +12 weapon.

LOL, I have a feeling you're a BM. I've made a rough calculation. You can't stop right there if you want nirvana set +12 :p Look here if you're a bm:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=694512

This is where I'm heading to.
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I'm pretty constructive with my time. I afk in game and I do my school work. b:victoryb:victory

I would suppose you need to spend quite some time in game to be able to make so much coins? And are sales that good to make profits amounting to millions per day?

You speak of pre and post event trading. How about during events?

For full set nirvana, you will need uncannys and raptures that can't be bought with coins if there aren't any supply? I mean, it will take you quite a while to get them in other words.
  • Barbarian - Dreamweaver
    Barbarian - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oyamajio wrote: »
    LOL, I have a feeling you're a BM. I've made a rough calculation. You can't stop right there if you want nirvana set +12 :p Look here if you're a bm:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=694512

This is where I'm heading to.

Not a BM. With all pieces of EQ at +5 with 3 +10 vit stones in each pieces that are socketable and a +12 weapon, I'm looking at close to 3 bil. I'm going for lunar nirvana set except I'm planning to get all 6 pieces. Warsong belt + cube necklace and event rings.
    I decided to stop at 5 Bil so I can have 2 bil left to continue to merchant after everything's said and done and then continuing to improve the refinements as I make more coins. 5 Bil will probably take me couple months after this sale since I'm pretty sure I'm breaking 3 bil mark when sale ends. Who knows? Anyway, I'll check on this thread after sale event ends.
    EQ Goal:
    G15 Nirvana Weapon ACHIEVED!
    Refines +12 ACHIEVED!
    Reroll for Adv. zerk.
    G12 Amber
    G12 Garnet
    Full Nirvana Lunar Armor set
    Armor Pieces (0/6)
    Uncanny needed for G15 (0/1500)
    Tome Scroll (0/1)
    Vit Stones needed assuming 3 sockets per Armor Pieces (0/18)
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I would suppose you need to spend quite some time in game to be able to make so much coins? And are sales that good to make profits amounting to millions per day?

You speak of pre and post event trading. How about during events?

For full set nirvana, you will need uncannys and raptures that can't be bought with coins if there aren't any supply? I mean, it will take you quite a while to get them in other words.

S> Raptures 3mil each, pm me
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010

lol sure.. need 80 raptures and 250 uncannys for each piece of equipment too.
  • oyamajio
    edited April 2010

You just got yourself a deal, my friend...in hell b:chuckle
  • oyamajio
    edited April 2010
    Not a BM. With all pieces of EQ at +5 with 3 +10 vit stones in each pieces that are socketable and a +12 weapon, I'm looking at close to 3 bil. I'm going for lunar nirvana set except I'm planning to get all 6 pieces. Warsong belt + cube necklace and event rings.
    I decided to stop at 5 Bil so I can have 2 bil left to continue to merchant after everything's said and done and then continuing to improve the refinements as I make more coins. 5 Bil will probably take me couple months after this sale since I'm pretty sure I'm breaking 3 bil mark when sale ends. Who knows? Anyway, I'll check on this thread after sale event ends.

Right, you need at least 5 billion coins to prepare for yourself for future catastrophe, lol
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    how much you got at the minute
    if you actually make it, im gonna do suicide on Harpy Wraith b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    10m a day is ~3 years (1,000 days)....like i said with 0 start up and no cash shopping 5-10 years.

you don't have a clue how return of investment works, do you? Each day's profit will give you income the next day, and this spirals forever. You just need the time/patience/knowledge of the market to do it.

All depends on how much you invest and how much money you put in your merchandise.

But whatever, I'm not here to give business administration lessons.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    you don't have a clue how return of investment works, do you? Each day's profit will give you income the next day, and this spirals forever. You just need the time/patience/knowledge of the market to do it.

All depends on how much you invest and how much money you put in your merchandise.

But whatever, I'm not here to give business administration lessons.

Rule 1: it takes money to make money.

Nuff said there since "not a single thing" came from him cash shopping (as his first post states). Seeing the evidence he's either lying or a cash shopper.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Reading this thread, I feel inspired to make 10 billion too.b:victory

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wow, awesome job so far on making coin. Big gratz man. I'm going to start merchandising a bit more soon b:victory
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Fixed it for you cheers b:bye

originaldnot.th.png
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's tempting but don't open them packs.

Aw, now you tell me. b:cry
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Nuff said there since "not a single thing" came from him cash shopping (as his first post states). Seeing the evidence he's either lying or a cash shopper.

So you're saying everyone in the game cashshops, because its imposible to make money any other way?

Also "It takes money to make money" is a saying, not a rule of economics. The more you invest, the greater your return, but you don't need money to make money. An unskilled labourer can get a job and make money off nothing. Hell, he could eventually save up enough to pay for school, be a doctor and make 6 figures a year. He didn't need anything to start though, it was just slower and harder without it.

Everyone can grind and build up cash that way. And anyone with over 2.5k net worth can buy a pick axe and farm. This should build up enough starting capital to do some form of realistic merchanting in only a few hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    So you're saying everyone in the game cashshops, because its imposible to make money any other way?

Also "It takes money to make money" is a saying, not a rule of economics. The more you invest, the greater your return, but you don't need money to make money. Everyone can grind and build up cash that way. And anyone with over 2.5k net worth can buy a pick axe and farm. This should build up enough starting capital to do some form of realistic merchanting in only a few hours.

No, I'm saying if you want to make 10 billion you need to be a cash shopper.

EDIT: same day he made this thread like 3 posts later he said he had nearly 2 billion (thus "starting" with 2 billion) the latest he's said he has about 2.5bil so he's been playing for 4 years and not spending anything or he bought it to start, because he obviously hasn't made 2 billion that fast. That is all.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010

EDIT: same day he made this thread like 3 posts later he said he had nearly 2 billion (thus "starting" with 2 billion) the latest he's said he has about 2.5bil so he's been playing for 4 years and not spending anything or he bought it to start, because he obviously hasn't made 2 billion that fast. That is all.

And we're all saying you're wrong... because you are.

In response to your edit, considering that packs had been out and about so often by the time he made this, he may have simply... oh I dunno... started merchanting long before making this thread without any real goal in mind other than basic gears/equips, then later on decided he may as well go for warsoul for the hell of it or something similar?

Edit: In fact, if you looked through the thread, you'd see that that was exactly his original plan.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010

He started way back. Like 8 months ago. He said that in one post.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Give it up. He's already made up his mind. The only thing that would convince him he's wrong is if you presented him with a notarized set of audit forms showing that you made that much coin and didn't spend any RL money in the process.

Those of us who've actually put some effort into merchanting know that it's entirely possible, just a matter of scaling up your operations. I've only spent $10 on this game, for a super inventory stone and some dragon orbs (before I knew better). That was before I even knew how to make a cat shop. Until my shop computer started crashing a couple months ago, my cat shop was bringing in 2-3 mil a day on ~20 mil in sales. It's not that hard, you just have to find a good market, a good location, and build up a clientele. In fact, I think that's the most valuable thing I've gotten from this game. Not the entertainment value, but the very real lessons in economics, the market, and running a business which I'm now trying to apply in real life.

I used to write up little guides and tips to help people get started merchanting, but not anymore. It seems one or two of these trolls always shows up and fills up the thread with useless "you're lying" "no I'm not" spam. It's their loss, and a waste of time arguing with them. At the end of the day, you're the one with the money made from your cat shop and they're not.

For anyone still wondering if it can be done, you have nothing to lose by trying (unless you goof and sell stuff for less than it cost you b:chuckle). Success is never guaranteed. But if you don't try, you're guaranteed to fail.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Nah, he's one of my competitors, so I can vouch for him. There's just no way a mere cash-shopper could afford to compete with us free-to-play merchants.b:laugh

As for Rule 1, remember that it's all exponential. If you look at my old posts from a year ago you can see that I was earning 5million over the course of a month or so and thinking that was a lot. But once I started seriously re-investing my coins they started growing exponentially, and once that happens the sky's the limit.

So even though I'm sitting on about 1/2 billion at the moment, I know I'm nowhere near as competent as some others are at the trading game. For example, my cousin went from 0 to ~20million in his first month of playing without ever spending a dime, whereas it took me nearly 6 months to reach that milestone.
    Those of us who've actually put some effort into merchanting know that it's entirely possible, just a matter of scaling up your operations. I've only spent $10 on this game, for a super inventory stone and some dragon orbs (before I knew better). That was before I even knew how to make a cat shop. Until my shop computer started crashing a couple months ago, my cat shop was bringing in 2-3 mil a day on ~20 mil in sales. It's not that hard, you just have to find a good market, a good location, and build up a clientele. In fact, I think that's the most valuable thing I've gotten from this game. Not the entertainment value, but the very real lessons in economics, the market, and running a business which I'm now trying to apply in real life.
    I couldn't agree more. I spent about $30 on Inventory Stones and other miscellaneous items when I first started, but it soon became clear to me just how effective learning about the economics of the game can be.

It's honestly changed my opinion of real-life economics as well. I mean, sure, I know the basics, and I've taken some 1st year university courses and such, but seeing it all in action really gives you perspective.

For example, until you've actually seen just how eager so many people are to throw away their money in, say, an effort to buy things the instant they go on sale, rather than wait 4 hours for the rush to pass, you don't realize just how irrational so many people can be with their money.

Furthermore, until you come on the forums and see just how completely impossible it is to convince people about what works/doesn't work economically, and how absolutely committed people are to their personal financial beliefs and theories, despite reality being so obviously the exact opposite, you just don't appreciate the clear cause-and-effect way that those other people's beliefs and actions directly deposits money into the accounts of those who are willing to learn and be flexible instead. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Barbs >_>, they are taking over our markets.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Nah, because for every Solandri and Warrenwolfy there are a dozen like Traz. Business is good b:pleased
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    farm TT with 2x = win. too bad it ended b:cry
    youtube.com/chezedude
    edited April 2010
    It's tempting but don't open them packs.
    Aw, now you tell me. b:cry
    I keep a handy chart of the packs and the market price at which you could sell all the items you can get from them. This lets me calculate an average return on investment for opening them.

They are a huge money waster. On average, a coral pack will give you about 192k in rewards, the tiger pack about 274k (HT prices). If the anniversary packs came out again today, they'd give you about 262k per pack (the price for the prizes was higher before so many flooded the market, so anniv packs were actually worth it the first few times around). Since gold is about 400k, the minimum cost to get a pack is 365k, meaning on average you're losing 90-170k for each pack you open.

Gambling is an expensive hobby.
  • ClaudeLemieu - Dreamweaver
    ClaudeLemieu - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    For example, until you've actually seen just how eager so many people are to throw away their money in, say, an effort to buy things the instant they go on sale, rather than wait 4 hours for the rush to pass, you don't realize just how irrational so many people can be with their money.

Furthermore, until you come on the forums and see just how completely impossible it is to convince people about what works/doesn't work economically, and how absolutely committed people are to their personal financial beliefs and theories, despite reality being so obviously the exact opposite, you just don't appreciate the clear cause-and-effect way that those other people's beliefs and actions directly deposits money into the accounts of those who are willing to learn and be flexible instead. b:victory

This^^

Here's all you need to know about Traz. He came by one of my catshops and left a message laughing at me for selling Immac citrine for 1mil because you could make them for 750k with tokens. I pmed that you never know what people will pay, and he responded "nope, but I've got a pretty good idea." Well, people ended up paying 950k for those "750k" citrines and I made a few mil. So, if he doesn't believe you can make a few mil off selling token-made items, then he'll never believe you can make a few billion through a commitment to merchandising and gold trading.
  • Barbarian - Dreamweaver
    Barbarian - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010

You're right, I didn't start with 2 bil. I started with nothing. I acquired 100 mil through merchanting and TTing back when the server was relatively young with gold nearing 100k per. Then I stopped doing TTs since merchanting requires no actual work from me aside from occasionally looking at gold market and restocking supplies.

As for your rule, Warren already stated that you didn't think in term of exponents. I don't have a fixed amount of working capital to invest, it is continuously increasing, which means I gain more profits as I accumulate more working capital day by day.

Besides, I'm a college student, I can't afford to charge my card for a game. Works great for me since I can do my Accounting work near my computer and look at the gold market from time to time. b:kiss

Also, for anyone who's actually wanting to merchant, just browse through some of Warren's posts. We don't do everything the same but we do most things similarly.
    EQ Goal:
    G15 Nirvana Weapon ACHIEVED!
    Refines +12 ACHIEVED!
    Reroll for Adv. zerk.
    G12 Amber
    G12 Garnet
    Full Nirvana Lunar Armor set
    Armor Pieces (0/6)
    Uncanny needed for G15 (0/1500)
    Tome Scroll (0/1)
    Vit Stones needed assuming 3 sockets per Armor Pieces (0/18)
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:sad That's me b:cry But I can't help myself.

b:surrender I realize how it works but then you need to spend a lot of time on your catshop instead of playing. b:surrender I like the playing part & would prefer to leave economics to others QQ so I guess I'll remain poor

Maybe I should go into clothing business... I think I spend more money on fashion than my gear ._.

I also got a prob that just as I earn enough money for an item I wanted I immediately get it, instead of reinvesting into items ._. So end up broke for a while
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    b:surrender I realize how it works but then you need to spend a lot of time on your catshop instead of playing. b:surrender I like the playing part & would prefer to leave economics to others QQ so I guess I'll remain poor
    I also got a prob that just as I earn enough money for an item I wanted I immediately get it, instead of reinvesting into items ._. So end up broke for a while
    You don't have to cat shop. I posted Rule #1 back on page 4: Never spend all your money.

I have enough coin that I don't really need any more. So when I see a good deal on AH or a cat shop, I first tell my faction about it. "Hey there's [item which normally sells for 3 million] for sale for [2 million]."

I'm almost always met by a chorus of "Waaa, I don't have that much." So I end up buying it.

At the very minimum, you want enough coin socked away to take advantage of really good deals you may happen to find, or even sales in the cash shop. I've seen a half dozen best luck tokens for 4.8 mil this past week. That's an easy 200k for 30 seconds of your time if you have 9.8 mil in cash on hand. But if you spend all your money and don't have 10 mil available, well, you're stuck grinding for 45 minutes to make 200k.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You guys really think he doesn't cash shop at all? tsk tsk
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.