I'm on a mission to gain 10 billion

1789101113»

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    so howz the savings going so far?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Seems like people are either sick of packs or are waiting for a new pack sale. Time to find something new to make money off. Some type of buy/sell? I remember making 10M profit per week off of buying/selling of crafting mats. Hmm.. what to do...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Man, I was amazed by the amount of money made by pro merchants.
    And yes, I do support you on your way to 10 billions.
    It's possible to reach it, just takes time.

On my level 20+ alt, I made about 1.8 millions in 2 weeks.
    It's the power of grinding and merchanting XD

And no, I don't use my main to support my alt in any possible way (different server btw).
    She started with 500 coins and by the time she hit 20+, she have 1.8 millions b:cute
    I know it's not much but I'm pretty happy with the amount lol

Wish you luck and also, keep on updating.
    Consider this as a bump from me b:chuckle
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Snow: When you have an alt on another server.....it becomes a habit to save all coin possible and then keep stocking it up >_>

I know i did on my sin.....he has around 1 mil currently....and only lvl 32 xD
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Life : So true b:laugh

I learned the hard way from this char XD
    I start all over and pay close attention to market prices and they work b:victory

And, I'm indebted to WarrenWolfy and some others that have shared their marketing strategy b:thanks
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Seems like people are either sick of packs or are waiting for a new pack sale. Time to find something new to make money off. Some type of buy/sell? I remember making 10M profit per week off of buying/selling of crafting mats. Hmm.. what to do...

D@mn right....

Packless road to 1 bil FTW! b:victory
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    D@mn right....

Packless road to 1 bil FTW! b:victory

Your signature makes me want to scream.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Your signature makes me want to scream.

agree. and I still failing at making money lol. after reading this I've been afraid to gold trade, desperately hoping to learn the market and be able to make good money... however, i haven't gold traded all week, and therefore have made no money this week. Also, all I have learned is that the gold trading on LC follows one pattern, over the day gold prices increase, and by the morning they drop again, they are consistently the same price every day of the week with about a 2.5% increase over the weekends. The difference between the highest buy price and lowest sale price stays pretty much between 20k-30k, but with the pack sale has dropped to about a 10k difference
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    agree. and I still failing at making money lol. after reading this I've been afraid to gold trade, desperately hoping to learn the market and be able to make good money... however, i haven't gold traded all week, and therefore have made no money this week. Also, all I have learned is that the gold trading on LC follows one pattern, over the day gold prices increase, and by the morning they drop again, they are consistently the same price every day of the week with about a 2.5% increase over the weekends. The difference between the highest buy price and lowest sale price stays pretty much between 20k-30k, but with the pack sale has dropped to about a 10k difference

Here's what I observed.. Late Friday to Saturday, gold is usually at it's lowest when you compare the week's gold prices. It will start to go up on Sunday/Monday with the expected maintenance. When something new is introduced to the boutique, gold will be higher (good time to sell).

I did this when the Tiger Pack came out this time. Sold all of my boutique gold I had (495) and bought them back the next day for cheaper than what I sold them for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Here's what I observed.. Late Friday to Saturday, gold is usually at it's lowest when you compare the week's gold prices. It will start to go up on Sunday/Monday with the expected maintenance. When something new is introduced to the boutique, gold will be higher (good time to sell).

I did this when the Tiger Pack came out this time. Sold all of my boutique gold I had (495) and bought them back the next day for cheaper than what I sold them for.

hm i guess that could actually be right, this past week was probably the worst to watch since packs were removed, d.orb sale started, then more packs released, screwed up the info I got xD i definitely see that gold goes up in anticipation of maintenance, then it spikes tuesday, and starts to fall around wednesday/thursday, and by late weekend goes back up

EDIT: although the question is... is it better to buy one day when the prices are falling and then sell again when they spike... or just buy daily, or maybe a combo of both?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Stocking up packs or orbs?
    Packs haven't been selling well and they're appearing in boutique a little too frequent lately.
    Got 2000+ boutique gold with no idea what to do atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well we do know that unless they have another Orb sale soon, it shouldn't take too long for the price to get back to ~100k again (or at th very least, the 90k+ range). Packs... meh... it's getting close to PWI's second anniversary and packs are never out of the botique for very long anymore, so it's probably not worth it to invest too heavily into them.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Is it even a sale with gold 100k higher than usual? (too lazy to do the math)
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Is it even a sale with gold 100k higher than usual? (too lazy to do the math)

Yep. Orbs are around 75-80k per depending on gold. So 10-15k profit per orb if you can sell them for 90k per.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tupacforlife - Heavens Tear
    Tupacforlife - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Ok so I am a begginer in catchopping so If u could gimme some advices I will be very gratefull..
    Ok so this is mine whealth(hehe) now:
    1 Platinum hp charm
    3 Hyper stones
    88 Teles
    1 token
    7 Mirages
    8122 coins
    Ok so I am intrested if u could give me any tips what to do now how to sell what would be cool price....I am playing on Raging tide....
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Ok so I am intrested if u could give me any tips what to do now how to sell what would be cool price....I am playing on Raging tide....
    It's tough to say, since I don't know the markets on Raging Tide, but considering your current amount wealth I'd recommend Token related items.

If I were in your situation, I'd be looking to sell everything I have for a decent price and then using all the money to buy Tokens. If your server is like ours you should be able to get them for 10k (or maybe even a bit less) by setting up a cat-shop to buy.

Once you've got the Tokens you then need to do some experimenting to figure out what you can make with them that you can sell for some profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Gah, I made the fatal mistake of spending most of my merchant funds. Blew good 150 mil on gears in one go and now back to square one b:cry.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ok, ive read ALL the 38pages of this thread and now i think i need a lil eye break b:nosebleed

btw...im very interested in raising my merchanting skill (which atm are at 0 b:cry)

i got 4mil coins in bank which are kinda still since ages cuz im trying to save for demon skills, and more or less 500k (which swing from 400k to 600k) on inventory for the daily outcomes like wines for BH repair from TT and FCC...

i cannot do the night cat-shop cuz i always find it DCed the next day, nor i have another pc to be CS only while i play, so im now trying to find a method to be able to raise even 200k a day to start with seeing the low day time i have, so then i can start the common Buy-low/Sell-better way...im using AH but im not so efficent

i know merch take times so its play or merch with the time i can dispose of, but im very disoriented atm cuz the packs market is almost gone since packs are permanent now, and TT is very low, not to mention a 2xdrop is coming soon (good for me anyway since i have to farm my gear).

Can you give me some advice where to start with, and maybe an alternative way other than CS and gold trading ? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i do believe this is necro if my eyes are reading the dates right
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    tupac, make a new thread in the beginner's section.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.