I'm on a mission to gain 10 billion

Comments

• Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ladysana wrote: »
    Merchants who charge zen to get started are wussy! Hardcore merchants start with nothing and never charge! b:chuckle

Go spend some of that coins! No point to stockpile inventory you can't sell quickly. The masses will only buy so much and anything extra is just useless coin sink. Just look at the old packs you guys still have... b:sweat

I think I've already spent 2.7 billion and still got plenty left over to dominate the market... No need to stockpile billions and billions worth of inventory... b:surrender

how did you come by this amount of money? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Seriously... this thread has been long xD

10 Billion ingame coins... spending 24/7 on coins... Me, any need? Naw... its better getting...

|
    |
    |

V
    AsianGirls.jpg

that IRL b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    I have four markets that I had pretty exclusively and was making ~5mil/24hrs a while ago. They have slowly started to become popular to the point where I was only making 2mil/24hrs.
    I prefer not to tell you as the amount of people in my markets kills profit exponentially. Location of items are super important. Just think of what people need to do stuff in this game, find a way to get it cheaper than what is currently advertised and sell where they need it. Probably way too helpful, but I doubt many people will give this post a second thought.

Thats probably the most obvious business scheme ever xD but it will not be successful unless you find the right market. so you were lucky enough to stumble across something that you could do, I on the other hand am pretty much screwed unless I can come up with some more inventive scheme than the typical mat sales or stone quest sales. Also, I imagine that you have multiple catshops every where which = multiple computers unless you want to violate TOS ;) but those are resources that I do not have access to so thats just another draw back. no money to start with, no market to get involved in, and inadequate resources to be able to control the market = me screweded b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thats probably the most obvious business scheme ever xD but it will not be successful unless you find the right market. so you were lucky enough to stumble across something that you could do, I on the other hand am pretty much screwed unless I can come up with some more inventive scheme than the typical mat sales or stone quest sales. Also, I imagine that you have multiple catshops every where which = multiple computers unless you want to violate TOS ;) but those are resources that I do not have access to so thats just another draw back. no money to start with, no market to get involved in, and inadequate resources to be able to control the market = me screweded b:chuckle

Half my items are in the auction house as that's where people find em. 5% loss isn't much as I just mark it up 30%.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'd still question the profitability of merchanting. A while ago I started merchanting and after some horrible horrible mistakes I started to make money. And I made good money too. However, I found aoeing 30 mobs every minute or so to be easier and faster. However, I am unable to set up a cat shop permeniently so I guess my profits aren't as large as they could have been.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • ladysana
    ladysana Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Time and compounding! Start small, with just money from mob drops (i.e. sell the DQs and useless gears) and move into buying and selling cashshop items. It took me 6 months to go from 0 to 10 mil. Another 6 month from 10mil to 100mil. And then just 2 month from 100m to 1billion. After that, it's an easy 1b every few months.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Half my items are in the auction house as that's where people find em. 5% loss isn't much as I just mark it up 30%.

hmm okay I guess more people do use the AH now... When I played last, about a year ago haha... the AH was almost completely empty. I could probly make a decent amount of cash if I position one catshop with relevant merchandise expertly and run constant auctions in the AH combined with gold trading...

it seems so much more difficult to make money in this game than pretty much any other game ive played
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I literally invested 100k + 28 mirages (left over from refining spree) in merchanting. I slowly expanded it to include tokens and teles. After a couple of months I have about 8 mil in asset. I'm closing down my shop though because I got most of my TT99 stuff through income from duo TT runs, and also because I'm too impatient to keep merching. b:pleased
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    edited July 2010

LIES!!! Why would someone buy something marked up 30%.

• ladysana
    edited July 2010
    Seriously... this thread has been long xD

10 Billion ingame coins... spending 24/7 on coins... Me, any need? Naw... its better getting...

|
    |
    |

V
    AsianGirls.jpg

that IRL b:cute

Got that already. b:laugh
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm trying to give advice for people who are beginning to merchant. If you sell packs during the sale and/or save after you don't make much money buying 50 compared to someone with 500. With that tactic you would start off pretty slow until you reach a suitable number of packs. What I'm saying is, while selling packs during the sale is decent money if you are poor, saving the day before removal won't bring large gains until 150mil+. It's good to have a mixture of constant money and large sums until you are so rich it becomes insignificant. But really even when it's pretty insignificant I still try to have consistent income.

It's a really slow start with no money and only making money off cash shop sales. Sunshine packs were here for what 1 month? I put 200mil into packs today and the money I made the last month is 4x what I'll be making from packs.

Oh I wasnt aware that you are talking to him. Yea what I have in mind is more to what these billionaires are doing, rather than merchant beginners.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    I'd still question the profitability of merchanting. A while ago I started merchanting and after some horrible horrible mistakes I started to make money. And I made good money too. However, I found aoeing 30 mobs every minute or so to be easier and faster. However, I am unable to set up a cat shop permeniently so I guess my profits aren't as large as they could have been.

problem with AoE grinding is that the cash you'll spend on pots/charms/repairs greatly outweighs the fee for AH use

but i guess what works for one person may not work for another
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Just a quick count before I go back to math HW.

31,298 Nix feathers
    34,424 SoF
    1852 Sunshine Packs
    2946 Tiger Packs
    399 1* Orbs

I spent close to 1 bil + on skills + weapon. Now I'm just planning to keep my coins at 2 bil and taking the excess and get started on lunar nirvana armor pieces.

*AoE grind makes some coins but it also requires you to actually use the time to play hours on end. I don't have the time for that. I much rather afk and work on school work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You should make 30 Venos and give them all Nix and Herc at lvl 1.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Well I guess I'll be back in the mornign (almost 1am here) to mess with the chaos from the packs being gone and the flights being released xD

hopefully ill wake up in the middle of the night and have some epic awesome sauce idea to pwn all u noobz at money makinz b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • ladysana
    edited July 2010
    problem with AoE grinding is that the cash you'll spend on pots/charms/repairs greatly outweighs the fee for AH use

but i guess what works for one person may not work for another

It's the time that makes the difference. You can't go AoE grinding 24/7, while your shop can make you money 24/7... and that adds up.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Just a quick count before I go back to math HW.

31,298 Nix feathers
    34,424 SoF
    1852 Sunshine Packs
    2946 Tiger Packs
    399 1* Orbs

I spent close to 1 bil + on skills + weapon. Now I'm just planning to keep my coins at 2 bil and taking the excess and get started on lunar nirvana armor pieces.

*AoE grind makes some coins but it also requires you to actually use the time to play hours on end. I don't have the time for that. I much rather afk and work on school work.

AOE grinding poison mobs doesn't create any repair bill(at least ones I've noticed). I can kill 40 mobs or so for every pot(2 pulls a pot). Each pot costs me about 1k. I gain about 17k per pull. Each pull takes about 30 seconds to gather and 10 seconds to kill. so every minute and 1/3 I get a total of about 33k coin. so every hour or so I can get a good 1.3mill. Mind you I can't grind for more than 20 minutes so I just do cube for money.

edit: merchanting is not easy by all means. You gotta be actively be price checking and making sure you keep ahead of competition

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    I was one of the first few to find out about tokens to wines. I did so because I was married long before the packs came out (last summer) and found out that the number of wines needed to trade for FB wines were typo. When I realized that the wines from tokens was the same ones from wedding, I was like "Hoooly sh**." I was able to get wines for 100k-120k each while the shops that sold wines from mats was selling 69 and 79 wines at around 400k. When my shop was selling wines for 300k each, I got lots of messages telling me how I'm ruining the economy b:chuckle. Wine sales paid for my and my wifey's hypers and sub-90 gears, and got me a decent amount of coins saved up. I was doing that for a long time before one or 2 competitors showed up. I was basically driving mat sellers out of business. Then came the 50% off of the wedding packs in Feb and many many more ppl got married, which I knew would lead to the wider discovery of token wines. Sure enough, a few weeks after that, not only there are more and more wine shops, the demand for wines dropped too, as more ppl are using tokens for wines instead of buying. It soon became that I'd barely sell a few wines in an entire day on 25% mark up, which is tiny btw, consider I was able to sell fb99 wines at 500k ea. After a few more days of that I got out of the market.

You couldn't beat this info out of me while I was making 300%-500% profit on wines before. It doesn't matter much now.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    I was one of the first few to find out about tokens to wines. I did so because I was married long before the packs came out (last summer) and found out that the number of wines needed to trade for FB wines were typo. When I realized that the wines from tokens was the same ones from wedding, I was like "Hoooly sh**." I was able to get wines for 100k-120k each while the shops that sold wines from mats was selling 69 and 79 wines at around 400k. When my shop was selling wines for 300k each, I got lots of messages telling me how I'm ruining the economy b:chuckle. Wine sales paid for my and my wifey's hypers and sub-90 gears, and got me a decent amount of coins saved up. I was doing that for a long time before one or 2 competitors showed up. I was basically driving mat sellers out of business. Then came the 50% off of the wedding packs in Feb and many many more ppl got married, which I knew would lead to the wider discovery of token wines. Sure enough, a few weeks after that, not only there are more and more wine shops, the demand for wines dropped too, as more ppl are using tokens for wines instead of buying. It soon became that I'd barely sell a few wines in an entire day on 25% mark up, which is tiny btw, consider I was able to sell fb99 wines at 500k ea. After a few more days of that I got out of the market.

You couldn't beat this info out of me while I was making 300%-500% profit on wines before. It doesn't matter much now.

lesson learned: markets adapt to any efficiencies. Gotta hunt for more efficiencies every day. So no, merchanting isn't 24/7 afk.

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    lesson learned: markets adapt to any efficiencies. Gotta hunt for more efficiencies every day. So no, merchanting isn't 24/7 afk.

Tell that to my shop that was afk 24/7 for a couple of months making insane % of profit (K maybe not 24/7, wines didn't stack so having to keep restocking was quite annoying). It's not like I quit mearchanting after that, just moved on to bigger things.

With bigger profits (and higher lvl) came higher goals on gears, which made the increased profit looked less than the smaller profits made before the higher goals. I've never dreamed of having my entire set of gears costing over 200 mil before, since I don't cs, but now one piece can easily cost that much to make, not to mention sharding and refining. 100k a day at lower levels seemed amazingly enough but now 1 mil a day would be slow.

I'm also stuck between saving the money for more buying power vs getting interval gears...
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Tell that to my shop that was afk 24/7 for a couple of months making insane % of profit. K maybe not 24/7, wines didn't stack so having to keep restocking was quite annoying.

But you did check the price of other competitors right? I used to sell stuff too. I had to check throughout archersour everyday or so. Not fun work.

edit: not to mention you gotta check for those d/c too.

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    But you did check the price of other competitors right? I used to sell stuff too. I had to check throughout archersour everyday or so. Not fun work.

I spend a minute or two checking on main competitors. No need to check all of archo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010

Wines were mostly sold by the wine guy at west, with occasionally a couple of shops by BH guy so price checking was fast. Everyone was making wines out of mats back then, so I didn't have to worry about competing prices for a long time.
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm also stuck between saving the money for more buying power vs getting interval gears...

i would go for the -int gears which enable u to farm nirvana and HH way faster which means u are going to make more coins in less time.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    i would go for the -int gears which enable u to farm nirvana and HH way faster which means u are going to make more coins in less time.

I mean get some now or save the money to merchant more and get them later. I'll probably get the tome next so my lowbie BM can use it too.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I spend a minute or two checking on main competitors. No need to check all of archo.
    I spend a minute checking your shop. No need to check anybody else. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    no luck for me so far. bout some gold last night, gold prices dropped dramatically so im out a few 100k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    See, this is why merchanting is about knowledge and experience. Almost everyone that's been around a while knows that anniversary packs and their clones raise gold prices, and that they tend to drop when they're removed. Guess what happened last night?
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    See, this is why merchanting is about knowledge and experience. Almost everyone that's been around a while knows that anniversary packs and their clones raise gold prices, and that they tend to drop when they're removed. Guess what happened last night?

I shoulda known that xD wasn't thinking, ive seen it happen b4 but its been so long since ive actually played mucj haha so its my fault. luckily the people on LC dont budge too easily with their money, so the effects won't be as bad tonight when gold prices go up

EDIT LULZ: I was a little off on my estimating when gold prices would shoot back up... they are back to where they were last night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I bought my house as a non-cash shopper and if you think about it hard enough that makes sense :))
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
This discussion has been closed.