Tell us what you want :)

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I find it funny how they added all these ads for other games, yet if you so much as mention another MMO, you get banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Something with same sleek, professional style as the old one, just fishy themed if it's oh so important to be that way.
    NO WHITE.
    Anywhere.
    No animu.
    To not look ridiculously stupid like half of galanets revamped game websites.
    Shades of blue from the bottom of the ocean, instead of the top.
    Actually I don't know it's just aggravating me not seeing the old one- I have no real constructive criticism cause it was fine before. b:cryb:cry

Also, making everything about Tideborn like the others says-takes away the fantasy feel the old layout had.
    When I first came to Perfect World the earthy tones, and array of characters on the layout are what attracted me to even check the game out, and this was when eng/my had a similar colored layout.
    But now if I was a new player...I'd get aggravated by the colors first, then I can't really see any other classes out of the blue.
    Just ahhrgdafjkdfz.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Darker skin, please. White background is just way too aggressive.

And honestly, I don't like the use other other MMO adds either... It's supposed to be a Perfect World forum. I know it's managed by the same company, but it's kinda strange to adverstize of other games. Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I find it funny how they added all these ads for other games, yet if you so much as mention another MMO, you get banned.

well they be ads for games like torchwood which be...other PW games.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i like the colors on Jade's site its light but not white. I personally love this layout its clean
    I think having an elf/ untamed / tideborn / human background and make it tied to your logged in character. make the default tideborn since they are new. make the colors on each slightly different but save the background color (in this case the white part) as teh same to make the text all show up the same to everyone.

example would be making the elves more green tones like jade's site. untamed more sandy colored like lost city. keep the blues for the tideborn.. not sure on the humans b:surrender

i think an off white / beige tone would work better for the background then white

edit: oh thank goodness the bears dont have crappy edging anymore i love this background lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    just saw the front page.... looks totally unprofessional now.

remove those featured videos. what are they for?

the whole website feels more like some fan kids just made a game and threw this together to host it on b:surrender
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hmm... maybe I'll tinker with the images. Been an incredibly long time since I made layouts though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well for starters, Tideborn are not the only race in PWI.
    despise.gif
    Hell, until they're finished, I wouldn't suggest pushing their existance so hard.
    Integrate some of the other races - human, elf, untamed - back into the design, at least acknowledge their EXISTANCE.

That said: Frankie, there's no way to rectify these boards with the main site, since the main site is a cluttered unprofessional mess now too! Unless that can be fixed, we're stuck with the white.

I agree - I don't care about Tideborn....but W/E. The layout is just so bright. Maybe something that would also help is redesigning some of the icons to PWI-ish ones as well... and yeah the advertisement is weird.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    layouttd.jpg

I got lazy with the word colorings but ya get the idea.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited February 2010
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Actually I've gotten used to the ouside colors - just please expand the text box a bit and get rid of the white background for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Eritheia - Lost City
    Eritheia - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I like this one. b:laugh
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i personally like it, the brightness seems more "welcomey" than the droopy dark color.

Or simply put options how each user wants to view the forum with different skins, other forums have it.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Frankie: I don't think I can express how glad I am they replaced spoons with you. Finally a GM who actually listens to the community and doesn't spam bans for anyone who complains.

However, I don't see what's wrong with wanting the old layout back: it was simple, nice lines and easy to read. Very well done, probably the best forum I used regularly at any rate. This new one looks bad, just amateur design and mismatched colour schemes.

If you hired a "professional" to redesign the website, you should stiff them on the bill in my opinion b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
    edited February 2010
    I like this one. b:laugh

b:cuteTy
    I just hope they change it to a BETTER layout soon.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Something that fit the welcoming feeling and comfort of the old one. Aka, I want the old one. It felt perfect. This feels like a generic site that didn't get much time put into its design, or something used off of Tripod.. The old version was perfect. There was no need to change it in the first place. So it should just be changed back. And its the most simple resolution to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    outside of the old, dark background, which was so hard to read, nothing was wrong with it. what IS wrong with this new version is if you insist on putting the **** **** artwork on.

i thought the TOS forbade such as she. i guess its ok, so long as it suits the tastes of the company.

...and don't say "the old one!"

Okay, so it's pretty obvious that a lot of you guys are not happy with the forum redesign, specifically the fact that it is much brighter than the old style. We're already in the process of redesigning the colors and background.

However, it is extremely important to us that you like the forum, and that you feel at home here, so we want to give you guys the opportunity to show us what you think would be a better look for it.

Here are 3 images for you guys to use as templates.

Index

Layout

View

Feel free to use Photoshop or Microsoft Paint to change the colors/fonts around to something that you think would work better. Also, please keep in mind that any kind of change would will need to co-exist with pwi.perfectworld.com, so be careful with the colors :)

So, let the flaming stop, and let the creativity begin!

EDIT: Oh and please post your modified images in this thread! Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    outside of the old, dark background, which was so hard to read, nothing was wrong with it. what IS wrong with this new version is if you insist on putting the **** **** artwork on.

i thought the TOS forbade such as she. i guess its ok, so long as it suits the tastes of the company.

refer to other thread, the linked post, and the 2nd and 3rd posts after it

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6972501#post6972501
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What was wrong with the "old one"?

Thiiiiiiis b:surrender
    Packs World International
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010

oh god. not again.

anyway. 1- make the background darker and the font lighter. honestly if you dont go back to black the avatars are not going to look right. so unless you guys plan on making us new ones.. i highly recommend reverting back to black background with white font.

2- some of the buttons (privew post) still look like the old ones while others (reply) are like the new (blue & white). i actually think the old look much better.

3- fix the main site. most links appear to be broken, and navigation is impossible. the old one looked cluttered, but this one is.. empty and witholding. like where are the leaderboards? wtf are these featured vids and wtf do they have to do with pw?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    foxrunnning!
    keep your religious garbage off these threads!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    also add one of those "go to top of page" buttons. and put the site navigation at the bottom again... PWI forums > general discussion > thread
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    forums > general discussion > thread
    I still see those buttons. Maybe it's fixed...

Anyway:
    1. Previous layout was fine. Now the forum looks like any other random one I visit. ._. However you still kept many of the elements/colors from the old dark design... that just doesn't fit with the white version...
    2. Plz fix the links on the main site like Ranks lists.

Haven't looked at all the sections yet.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    also add one of those "go to top of page" buttons

That still exists.

It's that really really really tiny little green button with the white arrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    White background isn't too bright at all to be honest. If it was florescent yellow with white text maybe it'd be a problem, but i didn't like the old design at all, i had to highlight text to be able to read it as it was too dark. White background, black text - works perfectly well IMO.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The two suggestions that were made in there are fine, but as any other poster here, I'm really curious and I'd like to kno why you changed the old forum.

edit : I am now closing the forum and coming back in 15 hours when my eyes are rested.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • SukkuYann - Heavens Tear
    SukkuYann - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hm, this look okay, but it also looks unfinished :Sb:surrender u should remove white color.

I don't mind if it's bright, it's just that this combination of white and blue remindes me of my bathroom :S lmao b:laugh

b:bye
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    just give us back the old forum design why n how u guys ever thought we should change it ppl were happy with it.
    n now u want us to design a new one this is bull****.

b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    just give us back the old forum design why n how u guys ever thought we should change it ppl were happy with it.
    n now u want us to design a new one this is bull****.

b:angry

Yeah, was good times back on the old forum when you were 4X posting SS QQing about getting pked/killed by mobs in sz. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    anyone having issues with the flash banner:

UPGRADE TO FIREFOX...

get AdBlocker Plus

PROFIT!

Hai there (thought ya quit?) b:sweat

Your little idea got a problem, adblock doesnt get rid of the ugly black censor bar you got up there then... If this isnt ugly...

I dont like the white.. thats my main problem. I weant some kind of dark forums >.<
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
This discussion has been closed.