Tell us what you want :)

Options

Comments

• Kerdunk - Dreamweaver
    Kerdunk - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Darker colors.

If you're going to have header images, show more than just TB. You could even have random header images.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PWE kinda spammed the Tideborns a bit too much in the website and the new log in window. The Rising Tide expansion is an expansion, not a whole new game. The website should retain artwork of previous content since its still there and add some new artwork, just enough to promote it, but not spam it like this new design.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if u wanted to 'tidebornize' forums you should make it in darkish neon-acid style -just like TB islands in game

now it looks like Ether Saga forums
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Mikoto - Lost City
    Mikoto - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PWE kinda spammed the Tideborns a bit too much in the website and the new log in window. The Rising Tide expansion is an expansion, not a whole new game. The website should retain artwork of previous content since its still there and add some new artwork, just enough to promote it, but not spam it like this new design.

I think that we see enough of the tideborn artwork on the loading screens in the game itself as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Had me a quick look at the redesigned website of JD.

At least that forum is less hurtful on my eyes...
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/KNassor/syczot9s.jpg

Just modified the colour scheme for now. I dont think my idea for a complete redesign for a forum would go over well here.

Too blue >.<
    Better, though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/KNassor/syczot9s.jpg

Just modified the colour scheme for now. I dont think my idea for a complete redesign for a forum would go over well here.

Keep them coming, anything I have read with your name on it, proves worthy of my time.

Now go and work harder, you little furry hero!
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That honestly isn't bad! b:victory

Keep it coming! b:kiss

Danke Fraulein

Why not have a user-choice colour and background scheme?
    I've made one for the Winged Elves, only because those were the only images that aren't screenshots on the site.
    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/KNassor/Elves.jpg

Have the default a TB scheme, but allow the users to change it like in most forums. Otherwise, you can still use the colour schemes in the one posted above.

Edit: Gimme an untamed and BM wallpaper and I'll be on the other races too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Had me a quick look at the redesigned website of JD.

At least that forum is less hurtful on my eyes...

It hurts my brain that they haven't shut down JD yet. Game has obviously failed . . . just give it a mercy killing.

As far as these forums go I think anything other than the whie background on the text side would be acceptable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Danke Fraulein

I've made one for the Winged Elves, only because those were the only images that aren't screenshots on the site.

Have the default a TB scheme, but allow the users to change it like in most forums. Otherwise, you can still use the colour schemes in the one posted above.

Woooo! Elfic love! Dude, this company should hire you as designer, instead of having a monster eating blueberries, milk and a few fish people, and then using its barf as layout.

Sorry, I have a headache out of this horrid colour scheme, therefore, I am being quite spicy on my posts.
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I shall not post a new layout..... I LOVE THIS ONE. People hate change...but without change there is no advancement...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if you can download old patch notes stuff you might be able to Find old Load in screens. there are some for myspace but the Characters are all cloged up with things over it
    b:surrender
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I shall not post a new layout..... I LOVE THIS ONE. People hate change...but without change there is no advancement...

When you only get headaches from the blinding white...no progress is made, then, either. b:surrender

I LOVE the idea of choosing your own race-theme. I'd love to see what you can do with an Untamed theme, Khalfani!
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not the old one?

Come on, what the hell was WRONG with the old one?
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Danke Fraulein

http://www.gamewallpapers.us/wallpapers/perfect-world/venomancer.jpg

Above is a link to a venno. Bm.... eh..... ill have to look more
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
    edited February 2010
    Options
    infact just use the website itself
    http://www.gamewallpapers.us/perfect-world
    has every class except tideborn
    hope this helped
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear
    Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My only "complaint" would be that the main site no longer feels like Perfect World and less accessible interface and layout wise. And yes, it is in fact very, very bright. I understand the need to PWE to unify their sub-websites of each game but it certainly looks better when each game is basicly unique looking, including the websites and the forums.

Thanks for reading.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Is there a reason for the change or "just because"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Is there a reason for the change or "just because"?

I would say Just because, since nobody has given me any explanation, and I got bannhammered on a perfectly valid thread created on a valid area of the forum http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=634212

Sine this horrid layout has given me a headache, I am off for tonight, bye bye, and at least, for once, listen to the players, or at least use Khalfani's ideas, I have seen his designs, he is a pro.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The old system

ALSO, Allow the tag to be used in all forums, not just GenD and screenshots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this new design is utter ****. it's far too bright. something DARK like it used to be...

seriously, in the CSS make "FFFFFF" to something semi-dark, and make the default text light. there's not a lot that is wrong with it except the colors
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I just came back and I see that the sight changed. What happened?

Why was it changed?

Can I get some answers please? b:surrender

^ I cant see my Silver Text anymore. ^ b:surrenderb:cry

(Highlight if you can't see it.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Tsutai - Dreamweaver_1278799984
    Tsutai - Dreamweaver_1278799984 Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Old one qq

inb4flamed b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    愛してる。。。いつも
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well, i like the new layout... but since it's going to be changed, i vote for the design we had before
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I want the Flash banner ad dead. Torture it first, then let it beg for it's life, then kill it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Question, If we find a new layout for the forms, how long is it going to take until the new layout comes out?

Because, Like most other bugs and stuff in PWI. Most of them take months or longer to get fixed or they just never get fixed at all.

So, the only question is how long it would take until a new layout comes out? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anyone having issues with the flash banner:

UPGRADE TO FIREFOX...

get AdBlocker Plus

PROFIT!
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anyone having issues with the flash banner:

UPGRADE TO FIREFOX...

get AdBlocker Plus

PROFIT!
    Funny you should mention that, because that was my immediate reaction.

I quite literally logged on, read exactly three threads, thought, "this is quite enough of this nonsense", and Googled "Flash blocker".

I then came back here celebrated by calling for the death of the Flash banner anyway, even though I can no longer see it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Ulquira - Lost City
    Ulquira - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wow this is terrible, why on earth did this get changed?!?!?! Hmm lets see my presumption is PWI has screwed us over with this site FOR ADVERTISING, FFS dont you guys earn enough money in the game?? Why on earth do you need to advertise other games on your own freakin site?

The old main page was easy to use, looked pleasant, and had good imagery near any announcements, and the forums were nice on the eyes -.-
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The previous skin and layout was fine, what was wrong with it?

I appreciate that you're still trying to push the Tideborn expansion but this is a race that isn't even finished.

Here's a few suggestions:

- darker skin, please. The button sets that worked perfectly with the old skin do not work with this layout at all. Also, since I'm generally online at night and don't always have my light on, this brightness hurts my eyes. The old layout was really nice, I don't understand why you guys thought it needed a change.

- remove featured videos from the front page. Naruto? Seriously? I thought I was playing Perfect World International, not watching some anime show.

- I'm not seeing the point in the Buzz Stream. Maybe it's because it has very little game-related in it and I thought I was on a website that would speak to me about Perfect World International.

- it's great to see you guys are giving contest winners that little bit extra by allowing people to see their designs on the front page, and the same with fanart, but that widget feels like it could be better organised. Perhaps a small slideshow instead of four static images?

- enough of the Tideborn already. There's more than two classes in this game, and the old website at least promoted this. (Venos, archers, clerics, barbs, they'd all appear at some given point in the old banner. Now it's nothing but fish.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.