New Website and Feedback

Options

Comments

• mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why would you change something that is not broken? why is there cut outs of the old layout with the new? fail coding much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My eyes did burn, thank you very much.
    Then the promptly watered and turned red for the rest of the night while I slept.
    Considering there was nothing wrong with it in the first place, and no one asked for it to be changed-I'd say people can rage all they want within reason.

Very true that nothing was wrong with the other one ('cept imo, that white flashing thing I keep talking about). However, how long would it have been before people start complaining eventually, "OMG, tired of looking at this design, when we getting a new one?!" Anyway, you SHOULD expect changes to be made...what? Did you really think PW was going to keep the same thing over and over again for many years to come? If I remember correctly, the forum (and site) design changed a couple times. Change always happens. Relax, you're not going to die from a redesign (which is how many people seem to act).

And if your eyes are watering and burning from looking at white and blue on a computer screen, I'm scared to know what happens while you're out in broad daylight in the sun.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Frankie.. I cant wqait for it to be fixed and to see the rankingz again... this iz just way too bizznizz like and really bright
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I find nothing wrong with this layout or the last. Both have something to do with the current expansion.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This really haz nothing to do with the expansion (except for the very top) b:surrender

• Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jaeseu wrote: »
    Very true that nothing was wrong with the other one ('cept imo, that white flashing thing I keep talking about). However, how long would it have been before people start complaining eventually, "OMG, tired of looking at this design, when we getting a new one?!" Anyway, you SHOULD expect changes to be made...what? Did you really think PW was going to keep the same thing over and over again for many years to come? If I remember correctly, the forum (and site) design changed a couple times. Change always happens. Relax, you're not going to die from a redesign (which is how many people seem to act).

And if your eyes are watering and burning from looking at white and blue on a computer screen, I'm scared to know what happens while you're out in broad daylight in the sun.

Huh, it used to flash? I don't think it did that to mine hmm-or maybe I got used to it. Dunno.
    I'd say if anyone complained at being tired of looking at one of the best forum designs-I'd say I've seen for a game in along time...they must be seriously disturbed by brown or something. I don't care what it looks like...long as it's not blinding me. b:cry

I expect changes in the game yes, and sure for the forums-but not something that could be made in a few seconds, that slaps anime on the front page, and looks like a default layout on any website aside from the Tideborns pasted on top.

And actually, the PW I played before this one was even existing, still has the same layout, forums etc- and it still looks just as attracting as it did when I first discovered the game.
    Easy to find out about classes- shows all classes still,
    and isn't black, but isn't white. Just awesome. Which is how this one was.

Yeah no I wont die lmao. I just wont frequent the forums at all anymore-which I enjoyed doing. But it's not worth eyestrain, and since this thread was basically for our own QQ...well...Thar it be.

Ahaha, other forums I go to are white, but they are all white, and the text goes ontop of a light grey. But having dark blue next to bright white, then black..it just hurts.
    Wont lie-this pasty white kid goes outside and glows, so say friends. b:chuckle
    Okay I've never wasted that much time writing a reply on a forum for something so pointless, see this layouts making me crazy. b:shocked
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well let's just at least hope maybe PW will come up with something snazzy...such as letting users pick out the layout they want to use so the people who like the darker layout can have the darker layout and those who want something lighter can choose lighter.

s: That's only real thing I can think of to make everyone happy.
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    frankie, your new avatar looks very sexy btw
  • Kinrest - Sanctuary
    Kinrest - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can we at least get a time frame for when it will be changed? I'm checking almost every hour! b:laugh Say, before Friday? b:thanks I'm really excited for the new one! ^^
  • Eky - Heavens Tear
    Eky - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Previous design was better.
  • SugarCupcake - Sanctuary
    SugarCupcake - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    OMG fix it back my eyes hurt.. This site sucks. I will not come here anymore to charge zen or look at the forum until its fixed.
  • DumbIedore - Sanctuary
    DumbIedore - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    please change it back if possible... This looks as if PWI went broke and resorted to a free forums layout with lame advertisements all over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Faction: Myriad
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=343881
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    +1 to the list of people wanting this changed back
  • Candeh_Love - Sanctuary
    Candeh_Love - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Firstly: OMG I can't stand this much white b:surrender
    Secondly: Make it so you have a few options available so anyone can go for what colors they want ;x (I donno if anyone suggested it, not like I'm reading 59 pages now xD)

EDIT: And yeah, bring back the old one >.>
  • Thaipari - Heavens Tear
    Thaipari - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *Stabs the refresh button*

WHY WONT THE BRIGHTNESS GO AWAY?!?!?!!!

And another note.. Who stole the server status bar? Now i cant sit and watch till maint is over b:shedtear
  • A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear
    A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I hate it.

It is ugly and confusing.
    Only one thing springs in the eye and that is "Purchase Zen"

And as Thaipari said "who stole the Server status bar?"
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well it has been a couple of days and this thread is no longer a sticky.

This spells to me 1 thing only:
    It is here to stay as is. I kinda assumed this from the start as again this happend to another MMO I played.

Site changes -> people get upset -> GM makes a "change site thread" so we players get the feeling we do have a larger say in it -> thread dies and the site remains as is.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Aghamyr - Sanctuary
    Aghamyr - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The design is nice, though it's a bit too bright for my eyes... But something that shouldn't have been delete is the server time, i live in GMT+1 zone and it was very usefull to my to check the server time here instead of make some calcul..

I hope the clock will be back b:surrender b:beg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I used the forum to see the server time since I'm not in the same time zone. Please at least add that back... useful when waiting for updates.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    omgz yesh pweaze bring it baq... and i really hope wat Prom sed ishnt true b:sad

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This needs to be re-stickied.
    Seriously, their own poll on the front page shows 70% of users dislike the redesign.

There are so many flaws, both subtle and glaringly obvious with this thing, PWE cannot afford to simply ignore the subject.

Dear GMs: The forum colors are harsh, I appreciate the thread taking suggestions for an adjustment, but your main site is in even worse shape. Colors we can get over, or wear sun-glasses if we have to. But poor design can't simply be brushed aside.
  • m1ssallsunday
    m1ssallsunday Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I miss the clock, it was usefull for ppl in different time zones b:cry
    edited March 2010
    Options
    it really wuzz

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    it really wuzz

I like your signature image. It gives me ideas for changes to mine. lol.

~S
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oh! thx... lolz... done by Forsaken b:victory

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oh! thx... lolz... done by Forsaken b:victory

Forsaken is an excellent signature maker.

~S
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This needs to be re-stickied.
    Seriously, their own poll on the front page shows 70% of users dislike the redesign.

There are so many flaws, both subtle and glaringly obvious with this thing, PWE cannot afford to simply ignore the subject.

I don't think they are ignoring it as such, but progress seems horribly slow on fixing this abomination of a website. I'll be completely honest, if I had been able to do anything about this and had seen that 70% of users disliked a new forum I would have attempted to alter it back faster than anything before trying to fix the revision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    they fixed it =D i like this one muuuuuch betteh

• Luceria - Lost City
    Luceria - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I want the old one back. This one is hard to navigate and it looks more like somone's fan site, not a game site like it did before.
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Giving this thread a much needed and deserved BUMP!

OK, so, the forum colors are changed to something that doesn't hurt nearly as bad as the white and that is great, but the main page still looks amateurish and generic and is cluttered with stuff unrelated to the game. Still no server clock. Still no server rankings. Buzz Stream? Featured Video? What do either have to do with Perfect World? We could easily find that **** if we really wanted to see it. Why replace valuable information with trivial, unrelated garbage?

So, rather than "Lip Service" as to how changes are coming, how about some real progress? How long does it take to make a few changes to a website? A decent webmaster could make the changes in a few minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?