New Website and Feedback

Options

Comments

• Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol like it was probably said before, looks totaly like a usual blog/forum you can find everywhere on the net, on a scale of 1 to 10 the previous site was at 10/10 this one 1 lol

Not to be mean but why did you want to change it? You keep making things worst than they were before...b:sad
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My eyes . . b:cry
    Now i can't handle 30 minute in forum . . i can handle more than 2 hour before . . b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Fine. I'm never posting in the forums again with the exception of a few threads.

Sorry guys, but good bye b:bye

fix it plzb:cry hope cant leave.. and itz giving me a headache b:sad... fix it fix it fix it! >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This colour makes my eyes bleeeeeeed
  • Arog - Dreamweaver
    Arog - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The way in which the bar on top of the page, thats used to access the different content of the page was changed really is well done. Its way easier to reach the right buttons now.
    Sadly this is all that has been done good.
    The Forum is totally boring now. It isnt anything special anymore and the colour really is horrible.

The old sytle of the page was fitting our game Perfect World much better at least that is my opinion. I hope it will be changed again because even though I am not in the forums often, I can easily understand those who are a little pissed because of the change.

Thanks and bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Way to bright for me, any chance of a user css control panel?
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Adael_ - Harshlands
    Adael_ - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh god, I do not like this new forums. I prefer the old one soo much. ><

Too bright and just isn't aesthetically pleasing to my eyes at all.

The white hurts my eyes...
  • ryokuiga
    ryokuiga Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I just want the rankings back, yo. kthxbai.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i actually like the image on the left of the page. that is HOT b:dirty
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have a few thoughts on the forums - sorry if they sound whingy and what-not, but these are points that I have noticed.

Not keen on the colour scheme tbh. The blue is fine - but not this shade of blue. Needs to be darker and not with a white background. An off-gold shade perhaps to stay with the water/fantasy theme?

The woman slapping her naked **** in the top centre of the page is a little offputting to me, as is the random placement of other characters from the loading pages. It looks a little haphazard and thrown together wtihout thought.

The "Edit your avatar" button being easily accessible makes it far too easy for those multiple account posting trolls to do their job, thus makes your life harder. I am therefore against this (and seriously, something needs to be done about that form of trolling, because it's just a serious pain in the ****).

Not keen on the flash advertisement at the top - the forum lags quite enough as it is without additional load.

I am not a fan of the non-page stretch feature, forcing you to click and "view image" to see the full picture that someone has posted should they wish to do so. Images are only supported in a handful of the forums anyway, so I don't see how that was ever an issue anyway. Makes the screenshots and fanatics forums pretty horrendous to look through now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Since the old forum buttons are back, does that mean we get the old layout back soon?
  • Krades - Heavens Tear
    Krades - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Since the old forum buttons are back, does that mean we get the old layout back soon?

I dont think so... b:sad
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you know. I would love to have a GM/Admin input on this... see if it will be changed or not... i mean.... well.. yab:surrender

• Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you know. I would love to have a GM/Admin input on this... see if it will be changed or not... i mean.... well.. yab:surrender

Isn't that what this thread was about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Isn't that what this thread was about?

The thread you are talking about is closed now, so, this is pretty much out of our hands now, all suggestions have been placed there, let's hope they are looked into.

As far as for me, I pray for the dark forums to come back.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ok folks. In case you didn't know, there's another thread asking what we think they should change about it.

Yeah, your input is highly sought out unless you want the old layout back. Then you can just STFU. Even that thread is closed now, so I guess everyone has to STFU now.

Perhaps we could stop repeating ourselves and post some constructive criticism there, hmmm? We get it, it's bright. We know the front page sucks. We are all sick and tired of the TB overload. *sigh* T_T

Would be a great idea and a lot of people did just that, myself included, but as I said, that thread is now closed.

The Devs actually want to take our thoughts into consideration for once! Give them color schemes! What to add, remove (and don't say THE WHITE!!) >_>

Gotta love it when a person asks for your opinion and then stipulates what you can and can't say. b:irritated

b:bye

see in quote
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • Scorpius - Lost City
    Scorpius - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    plz plz change the forsum back to how it was!

The light burnsssss b:shocked
  • Kinrest - Sanctuary
    Kinrest - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Originally Posted by Kinrest - Sanctuary View Post
    Ok folks. In case you didn't know, there's another thread asking what we think they should change about it.

Yeah, your input is highly sought out unless you want the old layout back. Then you can just STFU. Even that thread is closed now, so I guess everyone has to STFU now.

Perhaps we could stop repeating ourselves and post some constructive criticism there, hmmm? We get it, it's bright. We know the front page sucks. We are all sick and tired of the TB overload. *sigh* T_T

Would be a great idea and a lot of people did just that, myself included, but as I said, that thread is now closed.

The Devs actually want to take our thoughts into consideration for once! Give them color schemes! What to add, remove (and don't say THE WHITE!!) >_>

Gotta love it when a person asks for your opinion and then stipulates what you can and can't say.

As I later said, "Just forget I said anything." And anyway, I was just quoting what the dev said. =P But hey, we'll see what they come up with! I'm sure it will be an improvement (and it better be! ^^ )
  • Nostaljah - Heavens Tear
    Nostaljah - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:spitb:spit
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i think the GMs are working on it :D
    edited March 2010
    Options
    good! i mean.. the old forum wuzz a bit borringg but this... this ish terrible...

• jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Actually, I rather like the light format.

When I switched in between pages on the old format, it hurt my eyes because when the page changed, first there is the dark colors of the layout, then it flashes white before going dark again to the layout. If that made sense. s:

So really, I think this is a lot better.

My suggestion, if it wasn't mentioned yet (too lazy to read all the posts), is to have multiple layouts and let the users set it to what they like.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jaeseu wrote: »
    Actually, I rather like the light format.

When I switched in between pages on the old format, it hurt my eyes because when the page changed, first there is the dark colors of the layout, then it flashes white before going dark again to the layout. If that made sense. s:

So really, I think this is a lot better.

My suggestion, if it wasn't mentioned yet (too lazy to read all the posts), is to have multiple layouts and let the users set it to what they like.

That problem probably could have been fixed with a simple line of code, if I remember my website days well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    To any GM still watching this thread:
    -Are the forums the only area being corrected, or is the main site being revised as well?
  • Kinrest - Sanctuary
    Kinrest - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    -Are the forums the only area being corrected, or is the main site being revised as well?

I do hope it's all of it, otherwise it wouldn't flow. It'll look choppy and worse than it already is.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

We're actually working on multiple parts of the site, but the most pronounced difference will be seen on the forums. We also realize that you guys miss the Server Time and Player Rankings, so those will be making a comeback as well, along with some other cosmetic changes to the main page.
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's kind of making me mad really to see all these people rage and make tons of new threads saying to fix the forums when there isn't anything wrong with it -- all it is, is just a layout change but people keep saying to fix it.

I can understand that some threads are harder to read due the color codes used but an easy fix to that is to just simply highlight it and maybe that person will change the colors or something.

=| Just saying.

Anyway, if somehow this gets reverted back to the old layout, I hope that white-flashing thing is easily fixable as suggested by Maiya. It really did hurt my eyes to adjust from dark to light very quickly. If not, that's ok. -shrug-

But yeah...another thing I'd like to mention, it's really making me frown seeing people put others down (in this case, the designer) in such a harsh way. Yeah, you may hate the new design, but do you really have to go so far as to say "OMG IT FREAKING SUXXXXXX BRING BACK THE OLD OMFGG MY EYESSS ARE BURNINGGG FROM THE SIGHTTTT!!! QQQQQ"

Seriously? What are we in? Pre-school? Hell, nevermind that, I think pre-schoolers act better than this nonsense. =|

Just be at least thankful that we have a forum at all and that it still works just fine. s: Or if you want to criticize someone's work, do it in a mannerly way that is constructive and helpful.
  • SinisterDevi - Heavens Tear
    SinisterDevi - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not meaning to come off rude, but new website is lame. It looks like every other Forum Board out there. Where is the content to check for players who are highest levels ? It has no feel to it at all, very very blah. Could have done way better in my opinion. The Vote button don't even work on front page. I know the PWI Team can do much better. So lets see it !
    b:dirtyb:kiss
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jaeseu wrote: »
    It's kind of making me mad really to see all these people rage and make tons of new threads saying to fix the forums when there isn't anything wrong with it -- all it is, is just a layout change but people keep saying to fix it.

I can understand that some threads are harder to read due the color codes used but an easy fix to that is to just simply highlight it and maybe that person will change the colors or something.

=| Just saying.

Anyway, if somehow this gets reverted back to the old layout, I hope that white-flashing thing is easily fixable as suggested by Maiya. It really did hurt my eyes to adjust from dark to light very quickly. If not, that's ok. -shrug-

But yeah...another thing I'd like to mention, it's really making me frown seeing people put others down (in this case, the designer) in such a harsh way. Yeah, you may hate the new design, but do you really have to go so far as to say "OMG IT FREAKING SUXXXXXX BRING BACK THE OLD OMFGG MY EYESSS ARE BURNINGGG FROM THE SIGHTTTT!!! QQQQQ"

Seriously? What are we in? Pre-school? Hell, nevermind that, I think pre-schoolers act better than this nonsense. =|

Just be at least thankful that we have a forum at all and that it still works just fine. s: Or if you want to criticize someone's work, do it in a mannerly way that is constructive and helpful.
    My eyes did burn, thank you very much.
    Then the promptly watered and turned red for the rest of the night while I slept.
    Considering there was nothing wrong with it in the first place, and no one asked for it to be changed-I'd say people can rage all they want within reason.
  • Princella - Sanctuary
    Princella - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:cry omg please bring back the old one.. This new one is soo bright.b:sad